Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo (22029 Views)

Lawan Andimi: Buhari Says Boko Haram Will Pay A Heavy Price For His Death / Goodluck Jonathan Attacks Osinbajo, Says He Has 'Leprous Fingers' / PDP Attacks Osinbajo, Calls Him A Figurehead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by engineerboat(m): 10:12am On Sep 07, 2017
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Sunday attributed the continued Boko Haram attacks being witnessed in the North-East geopolitical zone to the huge size of the area.

He said the country would still be witnessing such attacks being carried out by members of the Boko Haram sect because of the vast area involved.

Osinbajo spoke when he represented President Muhammadu Buhari at the 2017 Eid-el-Kabir Lunch held inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said in trying to police the North-East, the Federal Government was dealing with a vast country whose size was equivalent of the whole of the United Kingdom and Denmark or Switzerland.

The Vice-President said, “I was speaking to the UK Foreign Minister (Boris Johnson) a few days ago and I explained to him how it is so difficult to police the North-East.

“I said that this North-East that you speak about, over the past two years, we have managed to ensure that Boko Haram does not hold any territory, but there are still opportunistic attacks here and there.

“So, I explained to the Foreign minister that we are still going to experience these attacks because of the vast area that we are dealing with.

“I said that the North-East is equivalent of the whole of the United Kingdom plus Denmark or Switzerland. So, we are dealing with a vast country.

“I have seen the vast farmlands of Kebbi, Jigawa and Kano. The other day, we were in Taraba, a place that is already producing vegetables, cucumber, pepper and supplying the major supermarkets in Lagos, Abuja and Kaduna that used to import these vegetables.

“Just five hectares of greenhouse in Taraba State is producing the needs of all the major supermarkets in Abuja, Kaduna and Lagos states.

“An Israeli farmer who works in one of those greenhouses, on getting to Jalingo for the first time and seeing the beautiful hills, sent a message to his wife saying, ‘we are close to heaven.’ But by the time he got to Mambilla and got to the Plateau, he sent another message and said, ‘we are now in heaven!’”

http://punchng.com/why-boko-haram-will-continue-attacks-osinbajo/

12 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by engineerboat(m): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2017
Lalasticlala is this correct

“So, I explained to the Foreign minister that we are still going to experience these attacks because of the vast area that we are dealing with.

“I said that the North-East is equivalent of the whole of the United Kingdom plus Denmark or Switzerland. So, we are dealing with a vast country.
Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by engineerboat(m): 10:20am On Sep 07, 2017
Myd44 is this a confession time from V.P Osinbanjo or looking another excuse again

Sarki is our V. P. making this statements on his own or just a cover-up

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by engineerboat(m): 10:21am On Sep 07, 2017
Passingshot what have you to say about Our V.P confession

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by Homeboiy: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2017
After book
militants and Fulani herdsmen still dey

2 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by Omeokachie: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2017
So what are you doing/going to do about it?

Or does it all end with this lamentation?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by richidinho(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2017
Surprised he didn't mention Jonathan in his speech

Ndi ara!

61 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by clarocuzioo(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2017
Boko Haram has been Technically defeated but realistically undefeated, besides, I thought Boko Haram is a creation of the Goodluck Jonathan administration to destabilise the North and loot funds (as we were told), and Boko Haram attacks escalated because Dasuki shared the money that was meant for purchase of weapons and logistics for the fight against Boko Haram, what is actually happening now?? , APC is a monumental mistake, you can't govern a nation with propaganda.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by swagagolic01(m): 11:06am On Sep 07, 2017
Them Dan dey talk true

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by dannytoe(m): 11:17am On Sep 07, 2017
Another refurbished lie from Apc to justify their failure and incompetency............very soon they will blame Atiku for their failure.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by chinoxstock: 11:21am On Sep 07, 2017
Let's blame goodluck Jonathan.

What is wrong with this vice president, is he not supposed to blame goodluck?

46 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by xpressng(m): 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
NO MORE BLAME GAMES..
ONI IRANU

6 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by SaiNigeria: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
This fake pastor should shut up

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
Very senseless statement and an admission of failure. He thinks hez talking to his gullible sheeples in a Sunday service ba?
How about Donald Trump or Mike Pence saying America is 5times the size of Nigeria, so it would be difficult and near impossible to govern effectively.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by DickDastardLION(m): 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
grin grin
Short Demon .... now your eyes open?

6 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by blackbelt(m): 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
V
Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by potipher7: 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
even a pastor

chaii Osibanjo is a vagabond

even omenkalives can testify

8 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by cr7rooney10(m): 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
Thou shall not b defeat by terrorist
Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by lathrowinger: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
This is very simple... since we all know that we have two major terrorist in Nigerian hypo and boko... na to try bring confusion within them. Let's them face eachother. Any1 who wins, then the Nigerian army will start from there... federal government should stop killing our zombies just like that. Use some sense grin
Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
Mr Vice President. Who is asking you about the damn size...Didn't you know the size of Nigeria before you ran for office..

14 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by somehow: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
In population or in land mass?

3 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by onihaxxy: 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by Royalfurnitures: 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
And of what benefit is the land mass without any tangible goid thing to show for it, not even enough for fulanis to graze their livestocks and they are still looking southwards for grazing reserves.

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture

4 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by 1shortblackboy: 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
Dem been no know this one the time dem been dey rain curses on Jonathan abi? ........kontinue God will see us

15 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by Mologi(m): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
Dream on!!!

OSIBANDE!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by bewla(m): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
ha ba
Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
That's how i told a friend of mine that BENUE STATE is bigger than the whole SOUTH EAST. No be small insults I receive.

4 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
Sambisa forest is bigger than Belgium. cool

5 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Will Continue Attacks – Osinbajo by xolocious(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
Story, story

Once upon a time, ... continue V.P.
So you guys weren't aware nor knew the size mass of Nigeria and the north east before making those empty promises of yours and for ur information, Nigeria ain't amongst the top ten largest country by land mass in Africa let alone the world...

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Kabaka Added To APC Presidential Campaign Council / I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari / Wike: "I Won't Participate In Leaked Video Probe, Police Murdered My People"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.