Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,313 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC (36022 Views)

FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence / How To Verify Your Driver’s Licence Online / How To Verify Your Driver's Licence Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Intrepid01(m): 10:11am On Sep 08, 2017
Magnifico2000:

The 10k is for how many years?

5years..
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Magnifico2000: 10:41am On Sep 08, 2017
Great4God:

Yes you can,but this is the challenge I have been facing since I followed this channel

I used this method to renew my drivers licence since 14th of June 2017, In the process of making the online payment(N10,450) for 5 years renewal. the system timed out and after some time, I started the process again,and it was successful this time,but later in the night,to my utter disappointment, an alert from the bank came in and I was debitted double for the renewal,I have been on this through my bank and road safety for the refund of my money but nothing was forthcomiing, at a point,they said I had value for both transaction and I kept asking how I was supposed to have value for both,since the service is for one,I have written road safety severally,through all the channels-email,twitter,complaint unit and unfortunately,no one single response to my about this,it is very shameful for an organization as such to create a system that can defraud people of thier money,please any one that can direct me on how to get my money back should do so. This is a case of broadday fraud from an agency as raod safety
So from your write up, it is not advisible to renew online. The best is to visit frsc office.
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by MrHenshaw: 10:51am On Sep 08, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) has just confirmed that you can now renew your driver's licence without going through the tedious capturing and biometrics.

All you need to do is.. go to http://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org, click on DL application, click on renewal of drivers licence and insert your licence number and date of birth.

At the end of the form, select "NO" when asked if you want to recapture biometric information. With this, your information will be pulled out from the database and you can select the centre where you wish to pick up your permanent licence.

https://autojosh.com/can-now-renew-drivers-licence-without-going-capturing/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

ls it FREE? No amount mentioned.
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Tonnierichy(m): 11:31am On Sep 08, 2017
donk552:
Who fRSC epp
Wen u no get car, how u go understand undecided
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Tonnierichy(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2017
LUGBE:
This should not be news please.

So you mean before now when i capture for my first licence if expires after 3yrs or 5yrs as the case maybe.

FRSC will expect me to go capture again to renew, you can imagine this backward country.

You did lately what should have been on ground, instead of you to apologize for late compliance, you are saying is breaking news angry
Yes
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by CoCoLav(f): 11:42am On Sep 08, 2017
Great4God:

Yes you can,but this is the challenge I have been facing since I followed this channel

I used this method to renew my drivers licence since 14th of June 2017, In the process of making the online payment(N10,450) for 5 years renewal. the system timed out and after some time, I started the process again,and it was successful this time,but later in the night,to my utter disappointment, an alert from the bank came in and I was debitted double for the renewal,I have been on this through my bank and road safety for the refund of my money but nothing was forthcomiing, at a point,they said I had value for both transaction and I kept asking how I was supposed to have value for both,since the service is for one,I have written road safety severally,through all the channels-email,twitter,complaint unit and unfortunately,no one single response to my about this,it is very shameful for an organization as such to create a system that can defraud people of thier money,please any one that can direct me on how to get my money back should do so. This is a case of broadday fraud from an agency as raod safety

The issue is with your bank not with FRSC, they were supposed to cancel the authorization and reverse that transaction.
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by CarReg(m): 11:43am On Sep 08, 2017
Thanks fro the heads up....

Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Great4God: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2017
CoCoLav:

The issue is with your bank not with FRSC, they were supposed to cancel the authorization and reverse that transaction.

My bank has been on it, liasing with the receiving bank and the road safety, but the problem is that road safety responded that I had value for both transaction,so the authority need to trickle down from the road safety to cancel one of the transaction and instruct the bank to reveerse the money,but they are not just responding atall, all the mails and correspondences have not been attended to, assuming they have been responding to my mails,atleast we would have gotten somewhere
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Great4God: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2017
Magnifico2000:

So from your write up, it is not advisible to renew online. The best is to visit frsc office.

I wouldnt say that,but I am regretting the experience I am currently having, the only thing I can authoritately say is that,if you face a chalenge as the one I am going through, it will be difficult to resolve, I have been on this since June and yet, no responce from road safety on how to resolve it
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Magnifico2000: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2017
Great4God:

I wouldnt say that,but I am regretting the experience I am currently having, the only thing I can authoritately say is that,if you face a chalenge as the one I am going through, it will be difficult to resolve, I have been on this since June and yet, no responce from road safety on how to resolve it
Ok.. tanks very much. 5years is 10k abi?
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by CoCoLav(f): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
Great4God:

My bank has been on it, liasing with the receiving bank and the road safety, but the problem is that road safety responded that I had value for both transaction,so the authority need to trickle down from the road safety to cancel one of the transaction and instruct the bank to reveerse the money,but they are not just responding atall, all the mails and correspondences have not been attended to, assuming they have been responding to my mails,atleast we would have gotten somewhere

Wow...maybe create a thread and hope it gets taken to front page. Mention all parties involved..it may draw the attention of the right people.
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by murmee: 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
greenhulk:
That's what they should have done before
Exactly!
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Myself2(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2017
donk552:
Who fRSC epp

Those wey need drivers licence
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by vesemokhai(m): 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
N10,450 to be precise and not N10,000

IamRespected:
do you pay for renewal?
Modified; Was asking because I paid a woman 14 to process mine of 5years and the official price is 10 for 5years

yes renewal/reissue not virgin issuance
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
i love how the developer forgot to index the license no and date of birth columns.
grin
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Great4God: 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
CoCoLav:

Wow...maybe create a thread and hope it gets taken to front page. Mention all parties involved..it may draw the attention of the right people.

Thanks, I have done that already, but yet to see it even on the section I created it on, I have gone to one of thier capture centres in lagos and someone I saw was telling me it cannot be reversed,I didnt want to believe that, I appealed to the mods to give it an attention, it seems some other people might be suffering this same issue but do not know how to go about it

Please mods,kindly search out the thread I created on this in the crime section and push it to the front page,it deserves an attention
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by obaile: 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
But the site is not even responding for DL renewal. I have been trying it since morning using three different browser.
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by ekhai(m): 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
Great4God:

I used this method to renew my drivers licence since 14th of June 2017, In the process of making the online payment(N10,450) for 5 years renewal. the system timed out and after some time, I started the process again,and it was successful this time,but later in the night,to my utter disappointment, an alert from the bank came in and I was debitted double for the renewal,I have been on this through my bank and road safety for the refund of my money but nothing was forthcomiing, at a point,they said I had value for both transaction and I kept asking how I was supposed to have value for both,since the service is for one,I have written road safety severally,through all the channels-email,twitter,complaint unit and unfortunately,no one single response to my about this,it is very shameful for an organization as such to create a system that can defraud people of thier money,please any one that can direct me onhow to get my money back should do so. This is a case of broadday fraud from an agency as raod safety
My candid advice is for you to obtain your account statement and storm the nearest FRSC office with it. If you're close to Abuja book appointment with Boboye Oyeyemi to explain. That's much to let go. I share in your predicament. In other world, it will reverse the second payment.

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Great4God: 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
ekhai:
My candid advice is for you to obtain your account statement and storm the nearest FRSC office with it. If you're close to Abuja book appointment with Boboye Oyeyemi to explain. That's much to let go. I share in your predicament. In other world, it will reverse the second payment.

Thank you for your kind advice, I am not in Abuja but if there iis a way you can assit me communicate with Mr Boboye Oyeyemi,(any of his contact) I will be quite grateful, I have tried communicating to them through all thier chnnels,email,twitter, facebook, sms, but no response from that quarters since the incident, I can drop how you can reach me if you can assist,like you said,N10,450 wont just fly like that
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by bobnatlo(m): 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
nurey:
True, I am a living witness

But they should make permanent card faster, I had to wait 6months before I received the permanent card and they text me 2weeks after I have collected to go and collect at their Lagos office. Funny government ways.

I am looking for free North Korea visa, anybody who can link me to Kim jung-un grin

Abeg call trump sharply he can connect u
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by bobnatlo(m): 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hooola:
Hmmm,really? I did non capturing to get my DL last year but end up having a Chinese woman head as my picture and up till now I don't ve a DL. hope they ve gotten it right now
grin oboyy
Make una no kill person with laugh here abeg
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by drmuchin: 3:16am On Sep 09, 2017
Bros how much did u pay for renewal, what process/method did you use to pay? The paper you are talking about how did you get it, online or at their office? Pls help a concerned fellow. Thanks
Pesuzok:
This is not news, I followed this process since april and up till now I have not collected my DL, I am still using paper.

But I went to their office for signing on the paper but did not capture
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Pesuzok(m): 5:33am On Sep 09, 2017
drmuchin:
Bros how much did u pay for renewal, what process/method did you use to pay? The paper you are talking about how did you get it, online or at their office? Pls help a concerned fellow. Thanks

I paid online for 3 years validity, I think about 6k.

I then printed the form after filling and completing the payment. Remember to tick no need for capturing.

I took the printed form to their office for signing. That was all.
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by ekhai(m): 6:50am On Sep 09, 2017
Great4God:

Thank you for your kind advice, I am not in Abuja but if there iis a way you can assit me communicate with Mr Boboye Oyeyemi,(any of his contact) I will be quite grateful, I have tried communicating to them through all thier chnnels,email,twitter, facebook, sms, but no response from that quarters since the incident, I can drop how you can reach me if you can assist,like you said,N10,450 wont just fly like that
Am very sure the only predicament is this TSA. Ones money enters any Parastatal's account, it's not easy to retrieve it. I will contact somebody Next Week to see how he can help. You can leave your number here. I will contact you as soon as I have positive News.
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Great4God: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2017
ekhai:
Am very sure the only predicament is this TSA. Ones money enters any Parastatal's account, it's not easy to retrieve it. I will contact somebody Next Week to see how he can help. You can leave your number here. I will contact you as soon as I have positive News.

Thank you so much for your offer to assist, I can be reached on sageinternationalng@gmail.com. Kindly say Hi on the mail,I will send my personal number to you through the chanel.Thanks once again
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by drmuchin: 8:22am On Sep 10, 2017
Bro did you pay using Remita? I heard network is bad and one may lose money . are you sure some state branches won't insist I must do capture when I reach their office? Is the online printout valid everywhere? Here in owerri Road Safety is very corrupt.
Pesuzok:

I then printed the form after filling and completing the payment. Remember to tick no need for capturing.

Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Magnifico2000: 9:26am On Sep 10, 2017
Pesuzok:

And were u given temporary driver's license?
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Pesuzok(m): 10:03am On Sep 10, 2017
drmuchin:
Bro did you pay using Remita? I heard network is bad and one may lose money . are you sure some state branches won't insist I must do capture when I reach their office? Is the online printout valid everywhere? Here in owerri Road Safety is very corrupt.

When I went to their office with the print out, they checked their system, then signed and wrote bypass.

Funny enough some marshals on the road are not aware of this. I was stopped one day by one marshal and he was like where is the temp

drivers license. I was just laughing inside me waiting for his next line of action until one of his colleagues came, looked at my paper saw the bypass and let me go.

I paid online with my debitcard through quickteller or so.

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by Pesuzok(m): 10:05am On Sep 10, 2017
Magnifico2000:

And were u given temporary driver's license?

Nope,

I have been using the print out.

But I always have my expired license
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by pattybf(f): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
Hooola:
Hmmm,really? I did non capturing to get my DL last year but end up having a Chinese woman head as my picture and up till now I don't ve a DL. hope they ve gotten it right now

Hahaha!

I wanted to advice against this, as d above might happen. We ve had several of such cases but it is well. They working to fix it.
Re: You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC by pattybf(f): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
ekhai:

I will like to know how u go about in retrieving this fund. We ve had several of such cases. Banks can't do anything n Payarena too can't help. Frsc doesnt respond as he rightly said.

We end up bearing d losses, cos customers wouldn't understand what we r talking abt.

So we avoid online payments n make bank deposit instead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banker Crushed To Death By BRT Bus / My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday / Man Shocked As Driver Refuels Rolls-Royce From Keg (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.