Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,676 members, 7,844,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations (7179 Views)

President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule / SE Governors Must Reject The Ministry of Power,Wks and Housing Budget Allocation / Why I Ammended The 2016 Budget – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by Fhemmmy: 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
Yes, they shd have done it, but better to be late than never.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by princekevo(m): 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2010
Good move for future purpose. But for yaradua's case is already late, becoz we are still waitng for them to do the right thing by impeaching yaradua for ignoring the Senate, the constitution and for his incapacitation to discharge his duties or are we gonna impeach him on his grave?
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by Fhemmmy: 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
princekevo:

Good move for future purpose. But for yaradua's case is already late, becoz we are still waitng for them to do the the right thing by impeaching yaradua for ignoring the Senate, the constitution and for his incapacitation to discharge his duties or are we gonna impeach him on grave?

Are they really recognized?
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by princekevo(m): 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Are they really recognized?

My brother how can they be recognised when they have lost their conscience to selfishness?
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by Fhemmmy: 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2010
princekevo:

My brother how can they be recognised when they have lost their conscience to selfishness?

Exactly my point.
How i wish one day will come and we will all get involved and be real and honest
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by Nneomaj(f): 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2010
Thumps up Senator David Mark. 4 once,we can c ur voice.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by Fhemmmy: 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2010
Nneomaj:

Thumps up Senator David Mark. 4 once,we can c your voice.

Lol . . . . . Let us wait and see if they will enforce it
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by grabdbull: 10:42pm On Feb 25, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

The senate declaration of Goodluck as Acting president is NULL and VOID. They should either impeach the president of remain silent forever.

Who is going to sign the new amendment to the constitution
? They'd better not give it to Jonathan. We can't afford to create another constitutional crisis while trying to solve one.

This is surely a very valid concern. A lot of interpretations will be required from the courts of law when people start going to court to ensure the constitution is not made a total mockery of.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by becomricch: 4:29am On Feb 26, 2010
The issue of a constitution amend is not to hand over to Jonathan , if that is the issue, then there is no need . The issue is an unfair system. I donot think we need to raise an army before you people get it. We do not want to be cheated. And the need to review the constitution.

Under international the oil you claim is in delta state is in ondo state. you dont cross people waters under international law. the itsekiri people are yorubas. So that should tell you, the ball is in our court.

You can go anywhere all over the world. They would tell you , I am not telling you a lie.

So carefully remove us. so that there would be peace. If you dont remove us, there would be peace. It would be trouble upon trouble.

awa ni ani epo, ki wa ma gbe epo ti wo lo. meje% ni won fu wa. ti aba lo. ogbo% epo di ti wa. wo bi sogun meja. awo igbo re, wo cheat wa ni. wo bi sogun meja. Ti aba de lo. ki awon ati hausa ma fa together. e wo ti wa. omo to ni ki iya to bi ma su, owu nu ki oni fe oju ko oru. epo wa ni ile ajase.

Ti aba wa ni ajase. owo wa ma po si ni. state kan ma gba be anu mewa owo ti wa gba ni si.

wo bi sogun meja.

Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by alanbolo(m): 7:14am On Feb 26, 2010
@becomricch, I told u b4 that u only have 48 hrs to deal with Turai, sugbon pelu gbogbo ede ti o ko yi, mafun ni ose kan si, a-i-je-be, ma so oruko re di becomless. Nice one though.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by ttruth(m): 9:47am On Feb 26, 2010
Impeach the sick man called Yar'Adua and lets move on. Enough of all this nonsense.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by becomricch: 9:55am On Feb 26, 2010
I laugh from white man land.  
There are ilaje area also in delta state too apart from itsekiri yorubas areas.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=9339

keke keke
keke mi o
do gun bade
wa gbe mi fo
keke
keke keke
keke mi o
do gun bade
wa gbe mi fo
keke
 The nigeria constitution says there can not be two president at a time. see map

Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by mecylee(f): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2010
i think this is the first time some of the are speaking like people that suck from thier mother breast and not like fooooooooooools BUNCH OF ABGAYAS IN THE HOUSE
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by becomricch: 11:05am On Feb 26, 2010
Look the national assembly can go and ask the oil companies for the latitude and longtitude of the oil wells. Look the oil well are name after yorubas names.

90% of the oil well off delta state coast have yoruba names because most of the coast of delta state with the oil is own by ilaje people and itsekiri yoruba people.

90% of the oil in delta state is own by ilaje and itsekiri yoruba people. check the satellite pictures. 

most of the oilfield have yoruba names. meji, meta, merin, maru, mefa.   the portion of delta state with oil we own. do google satellite pictures and check the names of the towns and you find out there are yoruba names, they are ilaje towns in delta state.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by becomricch: 11:33am On Feb 26, 2010
when you look at bayelsa state, there are not so much oil in bayelsa state.blue is river state and red is bayelsa state. so you can see that there are so much oil in bayelsa state.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by becomricch: 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2010
Yoruba restates call for self-determination of Yoruba

In attendance at the meeting were the following; Chief (Mrs.) HID Awolowo and the other eight co-conveners, Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi; Archbishop Ayo Ladigbolu; Bishop Olusina Fape; Chief Ebenezer Babatope; Senators Femi Okurounmu; Tony Adefuye; Suleimon Salawu and Prince Segun Adesegun.

Also in attendance were the Ogun State governor, Chief Gbenga Daniel and his deputy, Alhaja Salmot Badru (who initially stood in for her boss who was on an official duty elsewhere in the state), Osun and Oyo state governors, represented by their deputies, Chief (Mrs) Olusola Obada and Alhaji Taofeek Arapaja, while the Ekiti State governor, Mr Segun Oni, was represented by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Ambassador Dare Bejide.

Others included former governor of Ondo State, Chief Segun Agagu; Chief Tiwalade Sobo; Chief G.O.K. Ajayi; General Oladipo Diya; Alhaji Majekodunmi Aborode; Oyo State Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources, Dr. Lasisi Balogun; Chief Akin Omojola; Chairman, Afenifere (Ondo State chapter); Dr. Kunle Olajide, former Secretary, Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE).

Mr. Gboyega Ogunsua; Chief Olayemi Falade; Chief Francis Akinnikawe; Princess Bisi Sangodoyin; Mr. Bello Adegboyega; Chief (Mrs.) Bewaji Kuku; Professor (Mrs.) Adetowun Ogunsheye; President, National Council of Women Society; Chief Toye Ogunsuyi, President, Yoruba Community, Jos, Plateau State and his secretary, Chief Tunde Oladapo and Admiral Akin Aduwo (rtd.).

The meeting was also attended by Chief Leye Ashawe; former Governor Lateef Jakande of Lagos State and his deputy, Alhaji Rafiu Jafojo; Senator Kofo Bucknor-Akerele; Prince Tokunbo Ajasin; Brigadier Tunji Olurin; Chief Bisi Rodipe; Mr. Omosanya Solaja; Chairman of the Action Congress (South West); Alhaji Tajudeen Olusi, Chief Afolabi Ojuawo and Chief Dipo Jimilehin.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by ttruth(m): 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2010
@post :

Thats good to prevent another Yar'Adua from happening.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by Fhemmmy: 5:58pm On Feb 26, 2010
True Dat
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by eherbal(m): 6:09pm On Feb 26, 2010
what bout electoral reform,freedom of information,police act,nepa,fraud,graft,hunger,etc ;d
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by Fhemmmy: 6:14pm On Feb 26, 2010
e-herbal:

what bout electoral reform,freedom of information,police act,nepa,fraud,graft,hunger,etc ;d

That does not affect the lawmakers so they dont see reasons to do that
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by Dede1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
@POST

I had posited that best and democratically approach to the issue of Yar Adua, Johnathan, National Assembly and section 145 will be appending amendment to the section while waiting for the President to come back. I have naver supported the idea of elevating someone to acting president without due process of constitutional detections.

It is very laughable to read that few Senators have the audacity to open their putrid mouth requesting the President to transmit a letter to NASS in order to stand down the Acting President. The President did not transmit a letter to the NASS about his ordeal while away in Saudi Arabia and should not be compel by any legal authority to do so.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by Fhemmmy: 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2010
Dede1:

@POST

I had posited that best and democratically approach to the issue of Yar Adua, Johnathan, National Assembly and section 145 will be appending amendment to the section while waiting for the President to come back. I have naver supported the idea of elevating someone to acting president without due process of constitutional detections.

It is very laughable to read that few Senators have the audacity to open their putrid mouth requesting the President to transmit a letter to NASS in order to stand down the Acting President. The President did not transmit a letter to the NASS about his ordeal while away in Saudi Arabia and should not be compel by any legal authority to do so.

Tell that to the lawmakers
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by jamace(m): 11:57pm On Feb 26, 2010
Senators well done.

Next one is impeachment of Yar'adua on ground of incapacity to discharge duties. Please hasten up. Nigeria is at a stand still. Acting President Jonathan can not be effective unless Yar'adua is impeached.
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by CGKing(m): 1:20am On Feb 28, 2010
Becomerich, e be like say something dey do you. And them take map swear for you?
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by ceah(m): 8:37pm On Mar 02, 2010
@Becomrich, Cant stop laughing, You have really tried anyway with your constitution for the Nigeria-Benin Republic parliament, Keep Dream with your Satelite map (no wonder you won the coveted position as the Nairaland of the Year on Political Section), If the Dream is Big Enough the Facts dont Count, God help me here, i am dying of laughter on Nairaland, hahaha,
Re: Constitution Ammended: Presidents & Governors Must Hand Over Before Vacations by CGKing(m): 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2010
Becomerich. u da man grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Bianca A Gold-digger Or Truthful Wife To Dim Emeka Ojukwu? / APGA To Chris Anyanwu: You Are Disrespectful / Bye Bye Buhari! 15 States Reportedly Gone Already To Atikulate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.