Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

"How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" (22040 Views)

The Occult Or Occultism! / Something You Need To Know About the evil of Witchcraft, Magic And Sorcery / Does Using Healing Crystals Fall Under Magic, Witchcraft And Sorcery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by analice107: 10:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
chalantmike:

What are yhu saying, I teasing yhu guys for relying on the holy spirit as a sheep,when yhu can bypass it on a conscious level as a wolve.

Secondly , the holy spirit was given to yhu guys, yet how many of yhu "Christians" actually have it?, not to talk of using it on a unawareness level.

My point is 80-95 % of yhu guys do not genuinely posses the holy spirit, yet yhu have no mean by which to fully under understand the mysteries of the bible, yet yhu call yhurself Christians.

The above reason is why Christianity is populated with hypocrites, adulterous household,criminals,bench warmers,church goers, a group of people so different from the one whose name they claim to be called by.

I never said the holy spirit in its self is wrong.

It is yhu that introduced the term satanic here, by that yhur my way right.
You are confusing yourself. Take a firm stand. Talk about who you are and what you know. Leave the Holy Spirit to whom he was given.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by fairprince(m): 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
Levels in the spirit realm:
1. God
2. Jesus Christ and the regenerated believer seated with Christ in the heavenlies
3. Satan and his demons
4. Unregenerated soul

So why should a believer be afraid of any power? He/she is a joint-heir with Christ and does not need to worry abt powers. Christ is the head of them all and has handed over the powers to His church.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
Amicable24:

It's not you doing the job but the Holy Spirit. Let God have His way. Your duty is to present yourself to God as a vessel ready to be used by Him.

God bless you. smiley
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

You don't preach to an occultic person, you show them the demonstration of the superior power of God.
Acts 13:8-12

8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.

10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

12 Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.

So these are the steps in preaching to occult person

1: Demonstrate the power of God.
2:They will be humbled by it and give their life to Christ.
3: Tell them about your Jesus Christ
4: Lead them officially to Christ through the sinners prayer.
5: Do follow up on them.

Without power, Paul's Christianity could've become a mockery in the presence of Elymas the sorcerer.
True power is connected to fasting, prayer and purity.

Way to go! cheesy
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
supereagle:

Pray for spiritual guidance first.

Jesus says we should preach the gospel to every creature. The Holy Spirit will guide us as we seek His face. smiley
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
free2ryhme:

just preach and let the Holyspirit do his work

Dont second guess every move of the Spirit

Good job! cheesy
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00am On Sep 20, 2017
omojeesu:

What is motivating you? It MUST BE LOVE & COMPASSION.

Begin and CONTINUE with SERIOUS INTERCESSION. Be a Friend indeed if not already.

Know The Word well.

Know The Core beliefs of the Cult and how to respond to them.

Why do I need to know the core beliefs of the cult before I preach the gospel? undecided
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03am On Sep 20, 2017
uvalued:

i discarded it....but how does this answer my question.

So you want me to believe that you discarded all the alphabets and numbers you learnt at elementary school. You don't need to stretch the truth because it will come back to haunt you. cool
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03am On Sep 20, 2017
0temAtum:

Check your Bible to know how to Preach to them.

Thank you. smiley
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05am On Sep 20, 2017
uzoclinton:

Pray to God and ask for direction

Are you talking out of experience? undecided
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 20, 2017
analice107:

You are confusing yourself. Take a firm stand. Talk about who you are and what you know. Leave the Holy Spirit to whom he was given.

Yhu still havnt told me that I am wrong.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Why do I need to know the core beliefs of the cult before I preach the gospel? undecided

Because without it yhud be laying promises,claims to that which yhu know nothing about. The bible was not designed to be read in literary term/way. The bible was not written in a garbage in garbage out manner, it just looks like it is, it is the simplest of things in life that are the most potent, the Bible is exactly, each word is verse corresponds to the real thing, up there.

In case yhu don't know, the bible is not the word of God, it is a book that trys to tell yhu about the word of God, the word of God ain't here, e dey there, up there, on the last day " that's according to yhu guys the real word will be brought for all to know"

There are two to three instances in the bible where the real word of God was shown n used, I will give yhu guys a hint

" it is edible, it tasted sweet and then it was bitter"

Its took a theologist to show me that,they had to sit down n explain like I was two years old,cause it goes against what I actually knew as Christian bk then, then I discovered, it wasn't exactly against what I was made to believe "after all every one is shouting the bible is the word of God" its just at that point in my life known much up to that level to be able to see the coordination between those events. According to the bible God don't even leave the ark of covenant here, is it his most appraised word he would now leave, or leave plainly so any fool can understand its mysteries

Without an actual knowledge of the bible, yhud b like a kindergarten teacher trying to teach a professor on the subject of his own degree.
Yhur knowledge might be adequate for those who haven't seen the fore walls of a school buh before an occultist, its inadequate, he will play ball on yhur level and still claim higher than yhu, while still flogging yhu with the weapon of yhur own warfare
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 20, 2017
Eph 2:1
1 peter 1:23
2 peter 1:4

If yhu get this three verses,yhu would understand this whole debate, it is not yhur book or the holy spirit I tease, it is the bearer I am teasing, that book is perfect, a little inconsistent buh perfect.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by analice107: 8:46am On Sep 20, 2017
chalantmike:

Yhu still havnt told me that I am wrong.
You are wrong about everything.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by analice107: 9:38am On Sep 20, 2017
chalantmike:

Because without it yhud be laying promises,claims to that which yhu know nothing about. The bible was not designed to be read in literary term/way. The bible was not written in a garbage in garbage out manner, it just looks like it is, it is the simplest of things in life that are the most potent, the Bible is exactly, each word is verse corresponds to the real thing, up there.

In case yhu don't know, the bible is not the word of God, it is a book that trys to tell yhu about the word of God, the word of God ain't here, e dey there, up there, on the last day " that's according to yhu guys the real word will be brought for all to know"

There are two to three instances in the bible where the real word of God was shown n used, I will give yhu guys a hint

Its took a theologist to show me that,they had to sit down n explain like I was two years old,cause it goes against what I actually knew as Christian bk then, then I discovered, it wasn't exactly against what I was made to believe "after all every one is shouting the bible is the word of God" its just at that point in my life known much up to that level to be able to see the coordination between those events. According to the bible God don't even leave the ark of covenant here, is it his most appraised word he would now leave, or leave plainly so any fool can understand its mysteries

Without an actual knowledge of the bible, yhud b like a kindergarten teacher trying to teach a professor on the subject of his own degree.
Yhur knowledge might be adequate for those who haven't seen the fore walls of a school buh before an occultist, its inadequate, he will play ball on yhur level and still claim higher than yhu, while still flogging yhu with the weapon of yhur own warfare
An occultist knows how to read the Bible better than a Christian? Satan has really got you deceived.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by analice107: 9:40am On Sep 20, 2017
chalantmike:
Eph 2:1
1 peter 1:23
2 peter 1:4

If yhu get this three verses,yhu would understand this whole debate, it is not yhur book or the holy spirit I tease, it is the bearer I am teasing, that book is perfect, a little inconsistent buh perfect.
Guy, i sense you have a good spirit, but pls give your life to Christ. It won't be funny if you died without Christ.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by omojeesu(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

To enable you know what they believe and see how this is contrary to the Bible and give BIBLICAL answers.

For example someone says your good works can save you and JESUS is not needed.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by Jakeattah(m): 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
analice107:

To anyone who is not led by the Holy Spirit, Rebecca Brown is a Christian. But, if you follow Jesus' to try all spirits by compare Scriptures you'd discover that Rebecca Brown is not a Christian.

If you follow Rebecca Brown closely, you'd live in fear of the devil all your life. That is not the spirit of God. Jesus gave us boldness and a sound mind, Rebecca through her writings potent to inflict fear in a believer by magnifying satan more than Jesus.

She talks too much of what Satan can do and less of what Jesus has done and still does.

Any believer who spends so much time magnifying satan and his works, but appearing to preach Jesus is fake. Her intent and purpose to inflict Fear.

She is a Charade.

You would only fear if you don't follow the institution in her books or don't read them to the end.

She talked extensively about testing spirits, just as u mentioned above. Also she always stresses that the devil is wicked and has no good plans for any man. But He (Jesus has come to set the captives free and is all powerful). She has illustrated the awesome loving power and supremacy of God in many true life examples and even her life.

Please brother look inward and think deeply, will an occultic person do all these and say all this. You dare not even confess as a servant of satan that Jesus is the Christ and all powerful.

Please once again, try and read her books properly and wothout fear. And if u have read it before, read it again starting from He came to set the captives free.

Thank you Sir and God bless us and give us more understanding in Jesus name. Amen
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by brainzo(m): 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
I want to apologize for coming into your mental and intellectual gymnastics on the subject matters that you have chosen to occupy your time with. Good for the purpose of the fact that i can reach you all. I again apologise for disturbing you.

I have been looking around the country, the states, the corners of this great country...Looking and searching for people who have occult inclinations, unusual spiritual inclination, unusual christian, islamic spiritual inclinations. If you are a core scientist, not a student of Science, not a B.Sc, not a B.Eng, not a university degree qualifying you as a Scientist. Not ordained scientist by virtual of fulfilling a particular university or polytechnic qualification to the award of Science degree. No, Not the above definition. Those who are born with questioning hearts, those who are full with loved, those who are joy.

I am currently taking out pain to go through the country to search for those who have that supra-logical minds, illogical minds to strengthen the BrotherHood of Heaven (BOH).

I am glad to share this awesome and blessed commune, where Heaven is our very now. Heaven is our home, eternal home.

We shall be on Youtube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDawVNyY_Pk
Contacts Me. (08033246378)
Brotherhood of Heaven
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by analice107: 1:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
Jakeattah:

You would only fear if you don't follow the institution in her books or don't read them to the end.

She talked extensively about testing spirits, just as u mentioned above. Also she always stresses that the devil is wicked and has no good plans for any man. But He (Jesus has come to set the captives free and is all powerful). She has illustrated the awesome loving power and supremacy of God in many true life examples and even her life.

Please brother look inward and think deeply, will an occultic person do all these and say all this. You dare not even confess as a servant of satan that Jesus is the Christ and all powerful.

Please once again, try and read her books properly and wothout fear. And if u have read it before, read it again starting from He came to set the captives free.

Thank you Sir and God bless us and give us more understanding in Jesus name. Amen
Have you questioned why she hates Apostle Paul?
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
omojeesu:

To enable you know what they believe and see how this is contrary to the Bible and give BIBLICAL answers.

For example someone says your good works can save you and JESUS is not needed.

And you think I need to know the depths of satan to answer that question? undecided
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
chalantmike:

"And the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die: For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:4-5).

This is the consequence of eating out of the tree of knowledge of good and evil that the serpent deceived our first parents with. When one begins to question or change the Word of God, he is making himself to be "god." This is where you have bitten the forbidden fruit. Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit and came to know good and evil but they did not become as "gods." They were deceived. I have chosen to believe the report of the Lord, the word of life is in Christ Jesus, the Bread of life. smiley

1 Like

Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by omojeesu(m): 7:29pm On Sep 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

And you think I need to know the depths of satan to answer that question? undecided

This is not about knowing the depths of Satan. 'Core' should be understood as main or major.

For example reincarnation is a core belief of some religions / cults. While the Bible talks about resurrection.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by Jakeattah(m): 12:10am On Sep 21, 2017
analice107:

Have you question why she hates Apostle Paul?

I've not seen where she states that she hates him... Thus I wouldn't know the reason
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by analice107: 7:45am On Sep 21, 2017
Jakeattah:

I've not seen where she states that she hates him... Thus I wouldn't know the reason
She preaches against Apostle Paul. She doesn't believe Apostle was a follower of Christ. She had a blog which was brought down, i'm not sure if it's up now.

A whole lot was discovered about her.

My dear satan is master when it comes to hiding and deceit.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by analice107: 8:27am On Sep 21, 2017
Jakeattah:

In a thread here a lot was said about her, i decided to do a back ground check on her. I read extensively only to discover that, the lady she used as a Character in her book "He came to set the captives free" was herself. Rebecca was Elaine.
Records traced her back to where she grew, who she was and when she changed her name from Elaine to Rebecca. When she was confronted with that information, she took down her blog and went off radar.

A whole lot of lies were discovered about her.

Like i said before, she magnifies satan by talking so much about what satan can do and less of what God can do.

BE CAREFUL.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by Jakeattah(m): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2017
analice107:

In a thread here a lot was said about her, i decided to do a back ground check on her. I read extensively only to discover that, the lady she used as a Character in her book "He came to set the captives free" was herself. Rebecca was Elaine.
Records traced her back to where she grew, who she was and when she changed her name from Elaine to Rebecca. When she was confronted with that information, she took down her blog and went off radar.

A whole lot of lies were discovered about her.

Like i said before, she magnifies satan by talking so much about what satan can do and less of what God can do.

BE CAREFUL.

I'm starting to understand where you're coming from Sir,

Let me even add more to the research you have, you know she got married, its even said that her husband is a high satanist, he wears a pentagram and even more shocking stuff.
But guess who owns most of the internet (if not all)? Satan and his agents. He will not allow any good thing about a person who has caused so much destruction in his kingdom be spread. If you read her book, you would get to see even places where she was rejected by her family, work and even church for battling satan. Satan is very strong and his people are everywhere, in fact they dominate most of the earth.
I do understand what you mean when you say I should be careful. But the fact that we tend to fear and try to avoid something doesn't stop it from existing. And I guess that's the same issue atheists have. They fear the prospect of hell and then instead choose to believe that God doesn't exist.
Spiritual warfare is real, although not everyone is called to fight, except those with the grace and fear of God. And in all forms of serving God, there will surely be persecution and things you would have to suffer for His sake (I'm very conversant with this as I have lived among unbelievers).
So please don't be quick to judge her based on wiritten articles, do so by her words compared with that of Christ.

Thank you Sir. God bless us

1 Like

Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by Amicable24: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

God bless you. smiley

Amen and may God bless you too
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by analice107: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2017
Jakeattah:

I'm starting to understand where you're coming from Sir,

Let me even add more to the research you have, you know she got married, its even said that her husband is a high satanist, he wears a pentagram and even more shocking stuff.
But guess who owns most of the internet (if not all)? Satan and his agents. He will not allow any good thing about a person who has caused so much destruction in his kingdom be spread. If you read her book, you would get to see even places where she was rejected by her family, work and even church for battling satan. Satan is very strong and his people are everywhere, in fact they dominate most of the earth.
I do understand what you mean when you say I should be careful. But the fact that we tend to fear and try to avoid something doesn't stop it from existing. And I guess that's the same issue atheists have. They fear the prospect of hell and then instead choose to believe that God doesn't exist.
Spiritual warfare is real, although not everyone is called to fight, except those with the grace and fear of God. And in all forms of serving God, there will surely be persecution and things you would have to suffer for His sake (I'm very conversant with this as I have lived among unbelievers).
So please don't be quick to judge her based on wiritten articles, do so by her words compared with that of Christ.

Thank you Sir. God bless us
Sir. I know all about the internet. What you post there is what will be there.

I have no issues with a Christian preaching the gospels. I preach the gospel too. But pls do a back ground check on Rebecca brown and her husband. Why did they change their names and live as different different people?

Why did she take down her blog which had ran for years and had followers all over the world, immediately it was discovered she changed her name and she was indeed the Elaine the possessed lady she portrayed in her book?

There's nothing to be ashamed of, if she was delivered from satanism, but why lie, change her name, left Indianapolis and went to live in another state with another name, and went off public practice where her original details could be traced? She and her husband agreeing to change their names together?
Pls ask yourself that.
Again, i have nothing against her.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by analice107: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2017
Jakeattah:

I met her blog before she pulled it down. She calls Apostle Paul's Teaching 'The Pauline Doctrines' and condemns them. that's how you know the spirit of error.

She who hardly even mentions Jesus, yet will condemn Apostle Paul.
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
Amicable24:

Amen and may God bless you too

Amen. smiley
Re: "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" by Jakeattah(m): 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
analice107:

Sir. I know all about the internet. What you post there is what will be there.

I have no issues with a Christian preaching the gospels. I preach the gospel too. But pls do a back ground check on Rebecca brown and her husband. Why did they change their names and live as different different people?

Why did she take down her blog which had ran for years and had followers all over the world, immediately it was discovered she changed her name and she was indeed the Elaine the possessed lady she portrayed in her book?

There's nothing to be ashamed of, if she was delivered from satanism, but why lie, change her name, left Indianapolis and went to live in another state with another name, and went off public practice where her original details could be traced? She and her husband agreeing to change their names together?
Pls ask yourself that.
Again, i have nothing against her.

Its alright... I won't argue any further..
All I'm saying is that I haven't seen any fault with her messages and theology.. She speaks practical Christianity and for me that's sufficient.

As long as her message is sound and checks out. All other things are irrelevant.
Thank you once more sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / APC Will Rule Nigeria Beyond 2019, Says Guru Maharaj Ji / Prophet Sunday Michael Accused Of Ritual. Ondo Cherubim & Seraphim Church Sealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.