Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel (2512 Views)

NNPC Crashes The Prices Of Petrol And Cooking Gas Nationwide / FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad / Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by barnaby04(m): 11:13am On Sep 11, 2017
Nigeria’s fragile economy is under big threat following China, the world’s largest auto market’s plan to ban production of petrol and gas consuming cars in a bid to boost the manufacturing of electric vehicles.

The leading Asian country seeks to use the ban on the production of fossil cars to ease its pollution crisis.

The move would follow similar plans announced by France and Britain to outlaw the sale of petrol and diesel cars and vans from 2040 to clamp down on harmful emissions.

Nigeria’s economy depends largely on oil receipts and a move like this would further throw the economy off balance.

Xin Guobin, vice minister of industry and information technology, told a forum in the northern city of Tianjin at the weekend that his ministry has started “relevant research” and is working on a timetable for China.

“These measures will promote profound changes in the environment and give momentum to China’s auto industry development,” Xin said in remarks broadcast by CCTV state television.

“Enterprises should strive to improve the level of energy saving for traditional cars, and vigorously develop new energy vehicles according to assessment requirements,” he said.

China produced and sold more than 28 million vehicles last year, according to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers.

The sale of new energy vehicles topped 500,000 in the world’s second largest economy in 2016, over 50 percent more than the previous year, according to national industry figures.

The government introduced in June a draft regulation to compel automakers to produce more electrically-powered vehicles by 2020 through a complex quota system.

As the measure looms, foreign auto makers have announced plans to boost the production of electric cars in China.

Volvo will introduce its first 100-percent electric car in China in 2019, while Ford will market its first hybrid vehicle in early 2018 and envisions 70 percent of all Ford cars available in China will have electric options by 2025.

Xin said the policy would be implemented “in the near future”, according to the official Xinhua news agency.

http://www.newsonlinenaija.com/china-threatens-nigerias-economy-moves-stop-production-petrol-diesel-cars/
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Sugarcious(m): 11:27am On Sep 11, 2017
I also heard that Nigeria will start importing electric cars from 2018. Where's the power to charge a mobile phone not to talk of a car?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by zuchyblink(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2017
One day the north would look at the south and say 'get thee behind me you parasites'

5 Likes

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by able20(m): 11:32am On Sep 11, 2017
zuchyblink:
One day the north would look at the south and say 'get thee behind me you parasites'
It will never happen, even without oil and gas

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Adminisher: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2017
Nigerians please grow some sense. Oil and gas is dead. Move on and recalculate. It will happen suddenly.

2 Likes

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Adminisher: 11:46am On Sep 11, 2017
able20:

It will never happen, even without oil and gas

Even now they don't give a shit. Oil and gas does not impact more than 0.0005% of people in the North but they are making 10000 millionaires per year from agriculture. The joke is on the people who don't change with change. Again...it will come suddenly.

3 Likes

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by tsdarkside(m): 11:46am On Sep 11, 2017
why should nigerians panic??...it just means we will have enough oil for ourselfs and price will fall dramaticaly in nigeria...
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Mille: 11:48am On Sep 11, 2017
I wonder how this affects Nigeria.

As far as I know and according to released statistics, China is not among the top 14 buyers of Nigerian oil. The UK is the last on the list and Nigeria only imports 1.3% of its oil to the UK.
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by tsdarkside(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2017
Sugarcious:
I also heard that Nigeria will start importing electric cars from 2018. Where's the power to charge a mobile phone not to talk of a car?

i dont think nigeria will stop using petrol cars any soon...and those foreighn moronns will dump their petrol cars that they have now in africa anyways.....
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by BRASH: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
while other countries are investing in researches to find new ways of improving the living standard of their people, our leaders are busy playing politics before the masses, and afterwards they will go behind us and engage in corporate and organized looting. I have always been telling whoever cares to listen that it's either all our leaders are senseless, incompetent and incapable of leading us or they know what to do but wickedly refuse to do it..I see no reason why we should we should be struggling economically in the midst of abundant resources....

1 Like

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Adminisher: 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
Sugarcious:

Na trillion naira business for some people you take mouth common ize like dat? My dear young man, don't make the mistake some of us have in life. Think big, use imagination and know that everything is possible.
Every filling station can have 200 charging points or battery pack lease business. Please you are young always ask yourself .."What is the solution to this problem that I can offer to make money. What can I invent?.."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Nemesis1: 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2017
grin

While we have our heroes past to thank for keeping Nigeria in the dark ages, I can't help but laugh at the title of this post

On another thread, I specifically informed LiePobians this "awa oyel" they want to die for will become obsolete by 2025

I was able to pass that information because I read something about Europe and America banning usage of fossil fuel powered vehicles , but as usual they took turns to insult me, telling me how stupid I am , telling me other countries will buy their precious "oyel"

Whether we like it or not, the era of fossil fuel is gradually coming to an end, Europe, China and America are the major importers of our fuel and once they pull out / stop buying well the economy is done for

Nigeria will not feel too much impact, but Biafraudians better find a alchemist that'll turn crude oil to diamond or gold otherwise, awa oyel will be as useless as cow piss grin

If I were Buhari, I'll save as much as I can for Nigerias economy till 2023, and give them Biafra by 2024 ending, let's see how they cope grin

1 Like

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by DoyenExchange: 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2017
Good! Majority of the masses haven't benefited anything from the oil!
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Habyz(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2017
tsdarkside:
why should nigerians panic??...it just means we will have enough oil for ourselfs and price will fall dramaticaly in nigeria...
If we can't sell oil our major produce to other countries then the economy will suffer.
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by IgbotiicGirL(f): 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2017
Dangote go dey wan cry for him heart now

My refinery ooooo

Dey can stop d use of oil but gas is the real deal here ....gas is very important

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Habyz(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2017
Mille:

As far as I know and according to released statistics, China is not among the top 14 buyers of Nigerian oil. The UK is the last on the list and Nigeria only imports 1.3% of its oil to the UK.
The UK already have plans to stop the production of vehicles using oil products too.
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by IgbotiicGirL(f): 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2017
Mille:

Hope u know DAT China is among highest car producers in d world

1 Like

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by GrandGarcon: 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
Adminisher:

Even now they don't give a shit. Oil and gas does not impact more than 0.0005% of people in the North but they are making 10000 millionaires per year from agriculture. The joke is on the people who don't change with change. Again...it will come suddenly.
Lie Mohammed na ya papa?
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by IgbotiicGirL(f): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
Nemesis1:
grin

While we have our heroes past to thank for keeping Nigeria in the dark ages, I can't help but laugh at the title of this post

On another thread, I specifically informed LiePobians this "awa oyel" they want to die for will become obsolete by 2025

I was able to pass that information because I read something about Europe and America banning usage of fossil fuel powered vehicles , but as usual they took turns to insult me, telling me how stupid I am , telling me other countries will buy their precious "oyel"

Whether we like it or not, the era of fossil fuel is gradually coming to an end, Europe, China and America are the major importers of our fuel and once they pull out / stop buying well the economy is done for

Nigeria will not feel too much impact, but Biafraudians better find a alchemist that'll turn crude oil to diamond or gold otherwise, awa oyel will be as useless as cow piss grin

If I were Buhari, I'll save as much as I can for Nigerias economy till 2023, and give them Biafra by 2024 ending, let's see how they cope grin

I think this ur post to b directed to ur afonjas not ipod

1 Like

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by GrandGarcon: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
Nemesis1:
grin

Bifara will not be an oil country like the zoo
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Nemesis1: 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2017
GrandGarcon:
Bifara will not be an oil country like the zoo

Sorry to disappoint you but all your lands have crude oil spills, average cocoa maturity years is 5, rubber is about 13, oil palm is around 3-4 years and I'm talking about genetically altered agreed seeds

How soon do you think you'll stop relying on oil? Truth is bitter
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Mille: 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2017
IgbotiicGirL:

Hope u know DAT China is among highest car producers in d world

Still doesn't stop their production of petrol/diesel cars for export. The government is not stopping them from producing the cars, but only for them producing the cars meant for local use, ie, in China only.

China doesn't buy fuel from us. Only those they buy from should be affected.
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Nemesis1: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
It haf Tayed
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Anticabal: 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2017
Nemesis1:
[s]grin

If I were Buhari, I'll save as much as I can for Nigerias economy till 2023, and give them Biafra by 2024 ending, let's see how they cope grin[/s]

But that is what IPOB have been praying for so you leeches can go away.

In one of Kanu's broadcasts while in london, he prayed fervently that crude oil dries up so that you leeches can leave and Biafra can see the backs of you 'baboons and monkeys' as your daura god calls you.

Why are you pretending not to remember this? Abi IPOB's hammer on your skull deleted that fact? Lol.
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by tsdarkside(m): 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2017
Habyz:

If we can't sell oil our major produce to other countries then the economy will suffer.

i dont think soo...we will just be forced to look for something else...and their would be much less to loot...

i think thats a good thing....
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Bizibi(m): 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
Crude oil can be used fr so many things, not only PMS,a.g.o and others.
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2017
One thing is certain, petrol cars would become so f**kin cheap here in nigeria

the only electric car that can survive here in nigeria is an electric car powered by either water, air or sun
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Kingsley1000(m): 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
WITH THE ADVENT OF ELECTRIC AND SOLAR CARS,OIL IS DRASTICALLY BECOMING USELESS

1 Like

Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by Nemesis1: 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2017
Anticabal:

But that it what IPOB have been praying for so you leeches to go away. In one of Kanu's broadcasts while in london. He prayed fervently that crude oil dries up so that you leeches Biafra can see the backs of you 'baboons and monkeys' as your daura god calls you.
Why are you pretending not to remember this? Abi IPOB's hammer on your skull deleted that fact? Lol.

Continue to bask in your genetic stupidity
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by proeast(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
I always shudder at what Nigeria will be like in a decades time if it does not break up. Over 40% of afonjas will become full time skull miners, more drug lords will emerge from the East while majority of the a.b.ok.is that survive starvation will join boko haram and finally all the youths in niger delta will become make a career from bunkering and kidnapping! This is doomed, I really fear for the future of the youths and generation unborn. Cursed Nation!!!
Re: China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel by proeast(m): 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2017
tsdarkside:
Delusions and ignorance! Your country is doomed going forward and you are here talking trash. When only a few African countries are left to buy our oil and we manage to sell only only 10,000 barrels per day, that is when you will understand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of 10,000-seater Ecumenical Worship Centre, Commissioned By Gov.Dickson / Funny Headlines And Pictures From A Biafran News Paper / Welcome To Tokyo: Gov Ortom's Inconclusive Handshake With PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.