Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Letter To Myself Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Letter To Myself Before Marriage (359 Views)

When She Tells You, No Sex Before Marriage / The Lady Who Wrote A Letter To All The Fine Boys In Her Church Explains Herself / Open Letter To Ex-Corper That Had Sex With 2 Ladies In Owerri & Shared Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Myself Before Marriage by ako1tse: 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
If I could write a letter to myself before marriage it would read.

Dear single male,

It's nice that you are thinking about marriage, it is the way to go. However, here are some things you need to know:

1. "No God no marriage" - True, but no effort no marriage too. Prayers need your efforts to work on, so put the efforts in.

2. Understand yourself first before looking to add a life to your life. This will let you know who and what you are, it will also let you know who and what you need, which will then guide who and what you seek.

3. Look for someone you are attracted to today, but more importantly, someone you'd still be attracted to without the physical bit of it because that part will not always be as you currently have it.
In other words, look beyond the physical.

4. Yes, get someone you'd be attracted to without the physical features but more importantly, seek someone who can feel the same for you because you are also not going to have it all as you currently do.
In other words, be more than the physical.

5.Learn more tolerance and patience. You know what annoying siblings can be like sometimes right? Now imagine a sibling more annoying than all of them put together (that you cannot avoid).
It's not always like that but you are better off being prepared for that.

6. From tolerance and patience, emotions management is key. You will be happy, sad, angry, depressed, scared and elated. knowing and actively preparing to handle these emotions will surely come in handy.

7. Quality courtship is good and extremely important but please don't expect it to serve any purpose beyond the wedding day. Courtship is one thing, marriage is something different and you cannot know it all till you experience it all.

8.Marriage is not a race, neither is it a competition, it will not matter what image you are able to create if you don't mend your reality. In other words, mend your marital back end and the front end will always sort itself.

9.You will be up against a lot of challenges, go in with the mind of a soldier who has been promised victory if maximum efforts can be put in.

10. Love is good but so is finance. Don't start this journey without a good plan (no matter what anybody tells you).

11. Plans will fail, don't use a plan if you don't know how you intend to handle its failure.

12. Everything that you own, prepare to no longer own. What this means is that you go from a 'me' mindset to a 'us' mindset.

13. Sex will not always be fun, sometimes you'd need to 'do' selflessly to make your partner happy.

14. The making of 'happily ever after' involves many fights, some heated.

15. It takes two to make up after a fight, learn to always do your own bit.

16. "In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn" - P. Collins

In marriage, you will have to be the teacher and the learner, you won't always know it all.

17. If you do not work on yourself to seek growth, you will not be able to teach and lead your home in that direction.

18. When it comes to marriage, 'early' is good, 'prepared' is better, 'prepared early' best. Go when you are good to go.

19. Exuberant bachelorhood is a road to loneliness that sucks you in and keeps you locked in.
It will seem like everyone is a boring preacher till you've wasted productive years.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Myself Before Marriage by agbonkamen(f): 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2017
Guy you need more make it 50 grin
Re: Letter To Myself Before Marriage by ako1tse: 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2017
50 is too much nah ;D50 is too much nah

(1) (Reply)

Did Governor Udom Do Well By Giving Lady Who Invented Ekpang Flour N1m?(opinions / 50yr Old Nigerian Man Gets Surprised Birthday Bash From Wife, Bursts Into Tears / Romance Tours: Yea Or Nay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.