Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS (17252 Views)

Gov. Udom Emmanuel Interacts With Akwa Ibom Youths At Ibom Plaza / Akwa Ibom Youths Storm Hotel To Arrest Imported Thugs Ahead Of Elections. Photos / 'INEC Rec Is Working For PDP, Redeploy Him': Akwa Ibom Youths Protest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by ubyways(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2017
mapist:

Exactly. They keep yelling about being unemployed; who wants to employ an unqualified and unproductive employee? Anyways, we all know people get jobs in these coys without having to sit for tests so, their expectations do not come as a surprise.
. idiotic asertion by idiotic afonja. now can you tell me how much qualified and productive are you?.
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by TourismMan(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
Jarus:
Exxon has big presence in Akwa Ibom and contributes very significantly to the economy of the state. Highest PAYE (personal income tax ) payer to the state government, biggest patrons of hotels in the state, biggest customers to many businesses and indigenous suppliers.

So why would they relocate the Head Office to Akwa Ibom when they know Lagos is safer and most administrative works can only be done from the city?

I know all this because I also work in a company that is present in Akwa Ibom state.

Oga Jarus, when next are you coming down to Akwa Ibom again? I would love to meet with you.
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by UDIOK: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2017
pbethel:
Ds community people are annoying. One can't freely go to work without dem blocking the road and demanding money or ceasing bus. They also go 2 d extent of storming lodges to beat up staffs if their demands aren't met.
There are better ways of handling issues.
....they need to b educated.
Just like this your educated brothers did in Lagos you shameless Goat

Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by UDIOK: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
victorDanladi:
jobless lazy unintelligent youths.

This actions self are enough to scare the headquarters farther away from you.
Just as this one scare investors from Lagos...if you dont have something meaningful to contribute just keep quiet

Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by UDIOK: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2017
mapist:

Exactly. They keep yelling about being unemployed; who wants to employ an unqualified and unproductive employee? Anyways, we all know people get jobs in these coys without having to sit for tests so, their expectations do not come as a surprise.
so is unintelligent and unproductive that go on protest...examine your head ...this KOGI i.m.b.e.c.i.l.e
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by Geesunny: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2017
Pesuzok:
I tell you one thing, if exxon moves it's HQ to say owerri which is also a ND region, these guy will still not agreeing. The next protest would be to move it to the state and even a particular LG
is owerri their operational base?
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by UDIOK: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
aybabz101:
u cant force companies to be in a particular region of d country. lagos is strategically d best place for them as far as nigeria is concern. dat is why most oil.companies in the south south are located in PH instead of delta or bayelsa.
My friend it was there because Lagos was former nations capital ok...save your preaching, they move maritime head quarters to abuja but westerners spit fire and compel OBJ to return it to Lagos when he was the president.....Nigeria will only be better only when we live and let live
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by victorDanladi: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2017
UDIOK:
Just as this one scare investors from Lagos...if you dont have something meaningful to contribute just keep quiet
so this one are directed to investorsgrin
your brain is working in reversegrin
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by Goke7: 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2017
our youths should wise up, we are in the era of virtual offices, any company can operate from anywhere in the world. i don't think many young folks have heard about 'digital disruption of the workplace'. All these talks of relocating headquarter offices is archaic in these era of digital transformation. Those multinationals are not fools o. They can even even relocate their national headquarters back to their countries of origin and still operate. How many companies these days are still spending billions to build offices? Times have changed o!
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by Goke7: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
xanie:
But the same state has earmarked over 2billion for a new lodge in Lagos state. What signal is the proposed lodge sending? Talk about double standards.

they want to move the entire state house to Lagos grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by Jarus(m): 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2017
TourismMan:

Oga Jarus, when next are you coming down to Akwa Ibom again? I would love to meet with you.

Send an email to jarushub@gmail.com
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
Jarus:

Send an email to jarushub@gmail.com

Beware of kidnappers lipsrsealed
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by Codes151(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2017
Tolexander:
This coffin thingy doesn't work again!
go lift am na!
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by Codes151(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Youths of the core oil community of Exxon Mobil, namely Eket, Esit-Eket, Onna and Ibeno Local Government Areas this morning embarked on a warning protest for the oil giant to immediately relocate its headquarters to Akwa Ibom State.

The youths defied the heavy downpour and barricaded the gates of the company at its Housing Estate in Eket and the Airstrip with coffins and other traditional injunctions.

Speaking on behalf of Afigh Iwaad Ekid, organizers of the warning protest, Mr Joe Etukudo said "time has come for Mobil to relocate to Akwa Ibom State in keeping with the presidential directives". "Today is just a warning protest done in a very civilized manner, we will eventually shut down Mobil's operation both onshore and offshore if after fourteen days the company does not take us seriously", Etukudo said.

He lambasted the company for being selective even in award of contracts and employment against members of the core oil community and Akwa Ibom indigenes in general.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/akwa-ibom-youths-ambush-oil-company-coffin-traditional-items-photos.html
lol... my youths my youths!!! Who does joe say he is? He should have said it first
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by Matthewdan(m): 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
aybabz101:
u cant force companies to be in a particular region of d country. lagos is strategically d best place for them as far as nigeria is concern. dat is why most oil.companies in the south south are located in PH instead of delta or bayelsa.
y is it the best Place
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by mapist(m): 7:58am On Sep 13, 2017
UDIOK:
so is unintelligent and unproductive that go on protest...examine your head ...this KOGI i.m.b.e.c.i.l.e

Lmao.
Re: Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS by Nellybank(m): 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2017
U'll never know what and how we've been marginalized by exxonmobil if u are not in the system. pls say only what you know. Eket youths are the most peaceful people in the Niger Delta. Maybe that is why they are taking them as fools.
pbethel:
Ds community people are annoying. One can't freely go to work without dem blocking the road and demanding money or ceasing bus. They also go 2 d extent of storming lodges to beat up staffs if their demands aren't met.
There are better ways of handling issues.
....they need to b educated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call / Primate Predicts Mechanical Fault For Presidential Jet / Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.