Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? (3852 Views)

Man Rejects His Wife-to-be Three Days Traditional Marriage / Photos From The Traditional Marriage Of 2 Young Nairalanders / Man Who Did His Wife's Wedding Introduction The 1st Day They Met Marks 3rd Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? by Lewaluv(f): 3:15am On Sep 12, 2017
Is introduction the same thing as traditional marriage in Nigeria? Do you gotta get divorced before you can marry someone else??

1 Like

Re: Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 12, 2017
grin

I have no idea about this...im not nigerian grin

Lemme ask IamJ cheesy ...
Re: Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 12, 2017
Only ladies know this..... They will bring your. Answer sooon
Re: Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 12, 2017
they are coming

don't worry
Re: Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? by iamJ(m): 6:47am On Sep 12, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

I have no idea about this...im not nigerian grin

Lemme ask IamJ cheesy ...
its not, introduction is introduction, every1 meets and introduce themselves

Traditional marriage is wedding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 6:55am On Sep 12, 2017
Lewaluv:
Is introduction the same thing as traditional marriage in Nigeria? Do you gotta get divorced before you can marry someone else??
they are too diff tins. Introduction is d initial meating of each others family. Traditional marriage is d marriage done accodin too d girl traditions. N u must be legally divorsed before remarrying

1 Like

Re: Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? by Cuddlebugie(f): 8:04am On Sep 12, 2017
No, introduction is not the same as traditional marriage.
It is basically his family coming to meet yours to make their intentions known and pick a probable date for engagement/traditional/white wedding. The man's family comes with gifts like wine(s) and fruits.
A long list is given to the man's family in preparation for the traditional wedding. Introduction is more of a small parlour party......

Now, things have changed. People don't bother about the traditional/white wedding anymore. Once a man knocks up a lady, his family meets with the lady's, pick a date for 'introduction' and boom, all is settled.

2 Likes

Re: Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 13, 2017
iamJ:
its not, introduction is introduction, every1 meets and introduce themselves

Traditional marriage is wedding
yes, like everyone would meet and introduce themselves, like for instant i am nwakweme agbor okroncha, i am also your immediate elder senior step cousin brother and dz are my two wives and 2 concubines., and my baker's dozen children and step-children. and i would be performing the marriage incantations and rituals over some kegs of fresh palm wine and kola nuts. so pls allow me. you would see them native wrappers tied round waists and posing for group selfies, lol nothing dey dull about dz at all if you ask me.
Re: Is Introduction The Same Thing As Traditional Marriage? by AkProsper(m): 10:22am On Sep 13, 2017
yes and no. money and time detwrmines it also. . . . . . . . . check my signature ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

(1) (Reply)

I Was Just Called 'very Ugly' This Morning. / Wife Finds Out That The Man Her Husband Invited To Be Quarantined Is His Lover / Groom Where Aunty Sleep With Groom To Test His Potency Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.