Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,435 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (42074 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Ifa Orisa Religion - Is This Our True Identity: Our True Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nobody: 1:56am On Oct 29, 2013
jagunlabi: Not true religion,but just another cult within the christian cult.A subcult(denomination) amongst many other christian subcults,if you will. cool

can you prove this statement pls.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 29, 2013
DanHaszard: Matthew 7:15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
The sleazy watchtower $ociety only cares about it's image,devotion of it's followers,and plundering the time money and assets of followers.

Just like a cult in every way,

More have died from their Watchtower spiritual and medical quackery than Jim Jones and David Koresh cults combined!

Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs:

A) They are at your door to recruit you for enslavement to their watchtower corporation,they will say that "we are just here to share a message from the Bible" this is deception right off.

B) Their 'message' is a false Gospel that Jesus had his second coming in 1914.The problem with this is it's not just a cute fairy tale,Jesus warned of the false prophets who would claim ", look he is here in the wilderness,or see here he is at the temple, "

C) Their anti-blood transfusion ban has killed hundreds if not thousands

D) once they recruit you they will "love bomb" you in cult fashion to also recruit your family & friends or cut them off. There are many more dangers,Jehovah's Witnesses got a bad rap for good and valid reasons.

99% of the world has rejected the teachings of the Watchtower Jehovah’s Witnesses, the darker truth is they are a destructive and oppressive organization.
Mind control is a terrible thing.
--
Danny Haszard Jehovah's Witness X 33 years http://www.freeminds.org

http://jehovahwitness.vox.com/

Since you know the bible, can you prove all this your allrgations scripturally? ie show why these your statements are correct and we are wrong.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 29, 2013
Pastor AIO:

Isn't even the term 'beginning of the end' a nonsensical term. Like waking up and saying 'today is the beginning of the rest of my life'.

Beginning implies a start, an event that is not subsequent to any prior event.

Can that be said of 1914. Where there not factors that built up to that war? Perhaps the beginning could be considered the domination of Prussia over the other germanic principalities. Could German expansionism not be a continuation of that process that started way back then.

Or maybe the rise of Nationalism can be seen as the beginning of the end.

Hey, where does a circle begin and where does it end?

we say that what was called the time of the end at Daniel started in 1914. ie the last days began in 1914.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by MichaelDprince: 11:46am On Mar 17, 2015
hmmmm..., i love Jehovah witness but all d same THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINT remain s d ONLY TRUE CHURCH upon d surface of d earth. The Church with d Restored Gospel even d fulness of d Gospel of Jesus Christ with d PRIESTHOOD. .... We preach of Christ, we talk of Christ, we rejoice in christ, we proophesy of Christ, that our children may know 2 what source they may look up for d remmission of their sins....[b]hmmmm..., i love Jehovah witness but all d same THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINT remain s d ONLY TRUE CHURCH upon d surface of d earth. The Church with d Restored Gospel even d fulness of d Gospel of Jesus Christ with d PRIESTHOOD. .... We preach of Christ, we talk of Christ, we rejoice in christ, we proophesy of Christ, that our children may know 2 what source they may look up for d remmission of their sins....[/b]hmmmm..., i love Jehovah witness but all d same THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINT remain s d ONLY TRUE CHURCH upon d surface of d earth. The Church with d Restored Gospel even d fulness of d Gospel of Jesus Christ with d PRIESTHOOD. The church with a living prophet whom God speaks thru for d Salvation of mankind .... We preach of Christ, we talk of Christ, we rejoice in christ, we proophesy of Christ, that our children may know 2 what source they may look up for d remmission of their sins....
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by PrinceVictorE(m): 8:04pm On May 31, 2015
I believe in God The eternal father
I believe in His son Jesus Christ
And I believe in the Holy Ghost
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 9:44am On Dec 03, 2015
Yes I agree they do stick with their bible.
trisha:
I have come across so many religions but I think Jehovah's Witnesses stick to the bible. What do you guys think?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk The Mormons seemed to be confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1Vg8HsMK4- It seems the Jehovah witnesses have walked down that same road the Mormons had walked..
MichaelDprince:
hmmmm..., i love Jehovah witness but all d same THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINT s d ONLY TRUE CHURCH upon d surface of d earth. The Church with d Restored Gospel even d fulness of d Gospel of Jesus Christ with d PRIESTHOOD. .... We preach of Christ, we talk of Christ, we rejoice in christ, we proophesy of Christ, that our children may know 2 what source they may look up for d remmission of their sins....[b]hmmmm..., i love Jehovah witness but all d same THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINT remain s d ONLY TRUE CHURCH upon d surface of d earth. The Church with d Restored Gospel even d fulness of d Gospel of Jesus Christ with d PRIESTHOOD. .... We preach of Christ, we talk of Christ, we rejoice in christ, we proophesy of Christ, that our children may know 2 what source they may look up for d remmission of their sins....[/b]hmmmm..., i love Jehovah witness but all d same THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINT remain s d ONLY TRUE CHURCH upon d surface of d earth. The Church with d Restored Gospel even d fulness of d Gospel of Jesus Christ with d PRIESTHOOD. The church with a living prophet whom God speaks thru for d Salvation of mankind .... We preach of Christ, we talk of Christ, we rejoice in christ, we proophesy of Christ, that our children may know 2 what source they may look up for d remmission of their sins....
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 11:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
And what's your point?
PrinceVictorE:
I believe in God The eternal father
I believe in His son Jesus Christ
And I believe in the Holy Ghost
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by lawani: 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
The true spiritual practices are the traditional ones that are indigenous to all cultures, then Buddhism and other practices that do not have airs or a demonic know it all attitude. Abrahamic religions are not from God. Confusion is not from God. However JWs should be commended for having the courage to change their beliefs from time to time. That is moral courage. Jesus and Mohammed can't do that.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
Lets all change our belief's so we can confuse the world.
lawani:
The true spiritual practices are the traditional ones that are indigenous to all cultures, then Buddhism and other practices that do not have airs or a demonic know it all attitude. Abrahamic religions are not from God. Confusion is not from God. However JWs should be commended for having the courage to change their beliefs from time to time. That is moral courage. Jesus and Mohammed can't do that.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by lawani: 6:53am On Dec 12, 2015
brocab:
Lets all change our belief's so we can confuse the world.
Children of God change their beliefs in the face of superior argument or more evidence. If you can't do that, it will be a sign of demon possession.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:59am On Dec 12, 2015
firestar:
smiley
No offense taken.
Try studying the Bible first yourself, But out of all the so-called churches who claim to be `Christian` do do not follow the Bible as they should. For instance, Christ wasnt even born the 25th of December. At that time of the year its very cold and the Jewish calender Chislev, isnt a time shepherds tend to their flock.

Make research. The truth is out there and its to those who adhere strictly to Bible Principles.

Firestar.
ACTUALLY SHERPERDS AROUND BETHLEHEM MADE THE JORNEY BOTH IN THE WINTER AND D RAINY SEASON. THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING D TEMPLE WITH SACRIFICIAL ANIMALS.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:22am On Dec 12, 2015
lawani:

Children of God change their beliefs in the face of superior argument or more evidence. If you can't do that, it will be a sign of demon possession.
YET GOD WE ARE DISCUSSING ABOUT DOESN'T CHANGE
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by lawani: 9:53am On Dec 12, 2015
Ubenedictus:
YET GOD WE ARE DISCUSSING ABOUT DOESN'T CHANGE
The bible claims God changed his covenant with men hence the new testament, the Bible also says God does not change
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
Matthew 24:35 "Heaven and Earth will one day fade away-but the word of God will always stay.
lawani:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Ken4Christ: 12:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Religion will not save you. Christianity in a sense is not a religion even though mankind has made religion out of it. It is a revelation of the righteousness of God. It is a revelation of the love of God. It is a revelation of the life of God. All this is made possible by the birth, death, burial and resurrection of Christ. When you accept him as your Lord and personal Saviour, you will be saved and your life will be upgraded to the God life. This new life is superior to the ordinary human life. It is a life that cannot be destroyed or dominated by sickness. The Jehovah 's witness will never tell you all these. They do not have a message that can save you. Please avoid them and give your life to Christ.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by loveroftruth: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ken4Christ:
Religion will not save you. Christianity in a sense is not a religion even though mankind has made religion out of it. It is a revelation of the righteousness of God. It is a revelation of the love of God. It is a revelation of the life of God. All this is made possible by the birth, death, burial and resurrection of Christ. When you accept him as your Lord and personal Saviour, you will be saved and your life will be upgraded to the God life. This new life is superior to the ordinary human life. It is a life that cannot be destroyed or dominated by sickness. The Jehovah 's witness will never tell you all these. They do not have a message that can save you. Please avoid them and give your life to Christ.

Lol.

Business man(pastor). Can you show the Bible portion you got the above from?

419 men always make heavy bogus promises like you have just made to attract their victims also.

to show you are not such, can you back those claims with the Bible?
please do.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by PrinceVictorE(m): 11:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
brocab:
And what's your point?

Figure my point out using your brain for what it's meant for.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 6:56am On Dec 20, 2015
Well done" good and faithful servant-you believe.
PrinceVictorE:

Figure my point out using your brain for what it's meant for.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by paulGrundy(m): 7:59am On Dec 20, 2015
lawani:

What can you then say about children of God reverting back to a discarded belief??

If beliefs change and are still bound to change, do you think children of God, have the right to claim "accurate truth"?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by lawani: 10:02am On Dec 20, 2015
paulGrundy:

What can you then say about children of God reverting back to a discarded belief??

If beliefs change and are still bound to change, do you think children of God, have the right to claim "accurate truth"?

There is no absolute truth. Something can only be true to an extent. This is what everyone should know and what children should be indoctrinated with. Do you know an example of an absolute truth? I advise you to avoid people who claim to be in possession of absolute truths.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by paulGrundy(m): 11:07am On Dec 20, 2015
lawani:

There is no accurate truth. Something can only be true to an extent. This is what everyone should know and what children should be indoctrinated with. Do you know an example of an accurate truth? I advise you to avoid people who claim to be in possession of absolute truths.

Are you a JW?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by lawani: 11:35am On Dec 20, 2015
paulGrundy:

Are you a JW?
No
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by paulGrundy(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2015
lawani:
No

Kk
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
Stick to their bible, the New World Translation has nothing to do with the truth about Christ, nor the Holy Spirit.
trisha:
I have come across so many religions but I think Jehovah's Witnesses stick to the bible. What do you guys think?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
Christ was born around march April, It was the Catholic Church who had rearrange the dates.
But because the JW's don't believe in Holidays, it doesn't mean it's wrong to have one.
The JW's don't celebrate birthdays either, that must be sad' not seeing a child receiving a gift from their parents on the child's special day.
Jesus received gifts on His birthday.

firestar:
smiley
No offense taken.
Try studying the Bible first yourself, But out of all the so-called churches who claim to be `Christian` do do not follow the Bible as they should. For instance, Christ wasnt even born the 25th of December. At that time of the year its very cold and the Jewish calender Chislev, isnt a time shepherds tend to their flock.

Make research. The truth is out there and its to those who adhere strictly to Bible Principles.

Firestar.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 12:37am On Jan 16, 2016
Yes both the Catholic's and the JW's do have their own bibles.
lordimpaq:
@firestar

everyone knows 25th of december was not christ's birthday even the pope admitted that, and it is no where in the bible that 25th of december was jesus birthday, and no one said it was in the bible either,

the 25th of december is symbolic, no thanks to the roman catholic church of old, most of the christian celebrations of today even easter are all based on babylonian myths and religion of old,

well said bobbaf, when they pray, they don't even pray through jesus christ, thus i don't know if they actually follow the bible, i even heard that they have their own bible, i don't know how true that is,
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 12:41am On Jan 16, 2016
Which God?
Alexos:
J.Witnesses, well, i don't have anything against them, as a matter of fact, I have friends that attend their meetings and I love reading their books.

What i came to realize is that, they actually want to be different. They want to be represented as the real Christians, they to be just like the apostles of Old.

I just think the most important thing is for one to be focused and upright in whatever religion u take up. And as long as you are not breaking any rules, then u are on the right part. Werther J.Witness or not, Just stay true to God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 12:45am On Jan 16, 2016
Seriously to Hell
Bobbyaf:
I have nothing against JWs. I wouldn't take it that seriously if I were you. grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by brocab: 12:58am On Jan 16, 2016
We do know what the JW's go through when preaching another gospel, the lies will always come back as lies, and the truth will always come back as truth.
What do you call hate? Speaking the truth isn't classed as hate, speaking the truth shows the world our love we have for Christ.
Revelation 14:5 "No lie was found in their mouths.
The JW's preach another gospel, they don't recognize Christ as we do, "so they aren't the same" their biggest mistake is they don't believe that Christ, nor the Holy Spirit are one with God.
The truth doesn't remove scriptures, nor does it change or twist any scriptures that's written in the bible.
I ask you to watch this video before you make the biggest mistake of your life. And besides if you were a Christian before hand you wouldn't turn your back on Christ.
Our job is to lead people to Christ. Not lead them away from Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5JnngqQYvc
John 14:6 "Jesus said: I am the way the truth and the life, on-one comes to the Father except through Me.
vchlady:
Ha u guys are so funny what makes Christendom so right? Ive been there and don't wanna go back! What you say about us doesn't matter and even though I'm studying with them and they thought me the Bible Ive read it for myself and felt in my heart this was the right way to go for me (so I say stop hating!!!!!! )Matthew 24:9 " then people will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name."
You guys just don't know what Jehovah Witnesses go through to spread the good news, just about everyone hates Jehovah Witness you say you like them, but do ya! I'm not one yet but do plan on becoming one!!!!!! Romans 14:12 states " So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God" So no matter what anyone says or what religion, We all have to render an account for ourselves to Jehovah. Satan is all in the mix with these Churches the ones Ive even grew up in (and you tell me I don't know) What is false religion well they spread false doctrine(Ezekiel 18:4, Ecclesiastes 9:5 and John 11:11-25) meddles in war and politics(1John 4:20) (Matthew 5:44) and tolerates immoral sex( 1Corinthians 6:9,10) Pastors stealing money from the Church, fornication, adultery etc. How will that false religion end? read Rev chapters 17 & 18 Rev 18:4 says "Get out of her you people". Oh but how can you find that true religion? Well a true religion Practice LOVE  true worshipers are not apart of this world or divided by color(John 13: 35; 17:16;Acts 10:34,35) UPHOLDS HIGH MORAL STANDARDS and STRENGTHENS FAMILIES(Ephesians 5:28,33;6:1-1timothy 3:1-10) Last but not least TRUSTS IN GODS WORD b/c instead of basing teachings on "tradition" or commands of men doctrines, TRUE RELIGION bases on Gods word the BIBLE!!!!(Matthew 15:6-9) -2Timothy 3:16), Also In learning the message they are all on one accord with the word in 99,770 congregations 236 lands Matthew 24:14 " And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come" oh and I know some ex- Jehovah Witness to they lost the faith as simple as that they fell spiritually thats were Satan can get you he doesn't want us to draw close to Jehovah, when they were in the truth everything was going good for them when they left everything started going bad and this was personal told to me and thats why you see so many of them coming back in to the truth.  By the way Jehovah name is spelled (YHWH in Hebrew) Jehovah's name is the utmost importance read(Matthew 6:9; John 12;28) Why has it been taking out of the Bibles well it involves the tradition of the Jews Many of them hold to Gods name shouldn't be pronounced is it b/c of the misapplication of the Bible law at Exodus 20:7? That law forbids the misuse of Gods name but it doesn't forbids the respectful use of his name. Taking Jehovah's name out of the Bible makes him seem like hes remote or impersonal at psalms 25:14 it tells us to "cultivate intimacy with Jehovah" Jehovah name means "I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be"(Exodus 3:14) Once again I could go on and on, But is this really a discusion to even talk about b/c my mind is made up and No I'm not blinded by this organization I made this up in my heart I meditate on my Bible every day. You know you have to learn for yourself, you may know the Bible but do you fully understand it?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Ken4Christ: 1:09am On Jan 16, 2016
How can you be a member of any religious group that denies the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ which is the very basis of our Christian faith? The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Instead they teach that Jesus' body was dissolved into gases. Charles Taze Russell, founder of the organization taught, "The man Jesus is dead, forever dead" (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 5, 1899, p. 454).

Do not be over impressed by their dedication to their evangelical activities. They do it on two bases;

1. That it will earn them salvation. So they do not believe that salvation is a work of god’s grace as the scripture teaches. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”(Ephesians 2:8-9)[/i]. But the JW believe they have to work for their salvation hence the much effort they put in evangelical work.

2. They put fear in them that Armageddon will soon come and God will destroy all the wicked. Memories should fail us to remember how many times they have predicted the date of this doom day but never came to pass.

Please give your life to Christ by acting on Romans 10:9-10 which reads; “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation”[i]

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by lawani: 4:12am On Jan 16, 2016
Ken4Christ:
How can you be a member of any religious group that denies the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ which is the very basis of our Christian faith? The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Instead they teach that Jesus' body was dissolved into gases. Charles Taze Russell, founder of the organization taught, "The man Jesus is dead, forever dead" (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 5, 1899, p. 454).

Do not be over impressed by their dedication to their evangelical activities. They do it on two bases;

1. That it will earn them salvation. So they do not believe that salvation is a work of god’s grace as the scripture teaches. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”(Ephesians 2:8-9)[/i]. But the JW believe they have to work for their salvation hence the much effort they put in evangelical work.

2. They put fear in them that Armageddon will soon come and God will destroy all the wicked. Memories should fail us to remember how many times they have predicted the date of this doom day but never came to pass.

Please give your life to Christ by acting on Romans 10:9-10 which reads; “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation”[i]

There is no reason for annyone to give their lif to Christ under the expectation that their past and future sins will be forgiven. That will be demonic and immoral. The only way to remain on the right path with God is to have good character by always considering others before doing anything. All cultures knew this before Christianity and Islam started spreading their psychopathic teachings portraying God the almighty as irrational.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Eunice Olawale's Daughter, Jessica: "What Mum Told Me A Night Before Her Death" / Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass / Adeboye: My Friend Screamed Praise The Lord When We Heard Nigeria's N55trn Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.