Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (69470 Views)

Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Man Shares Photo Of Ooni & Olori Wuraola In Her Father’s House / Real Reason Olori Wuraola Moved Out Of Ooni‘s Palace - ThisDayLive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Odianose13(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
cococandy:
Your opinion isn't fact

That's why it's my opinion.
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by divinehand2003(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
AuroraB:
grin Just dropped-by grin

I can see. Lol

1 Like

Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by mike1994reds: 11:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
hammerFU:
In Igboland, we dont return bride Price.

It is not refundable.

Of course, what do igbos refund for this life when it comes to money, lol

3 Likes

Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Azam101: 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Who will go and try so we can confirm she is truly free grin cheesy
You can lead the operation na
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Azam101: 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2017
Enough banging forget superstition or custom abeg
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2017
Mercyclaire:
Lol.. .mo fooo.!!! !I thought yorubas don't accept bride price at all...even if they do.. .they will return back immediately

Is the Queen a Yoruba woman??
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Smooyis(m): 11:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
sagitariusbaby:
The Ooni can't even keep a woman, no wonder the Yorubas are in disarray
This is to tell us that the Ooni or any traditional ruler for that matter is human just like anyone else. God is the greatest King. He is above all.

1 Like

Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Smooyis(m): 11:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
hammerFU:

It is not refundable.

If you buy market from igbo man sef and you wan return the goods, them no go give you ya money back. Wetin sef. Na by force to do mistake buy wetin you no wan buy. grin grin grin
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 13, 2017
hammerFU:

It is not refundable.

Because in igbo land, women are like commodities in the market so there is no return or refund after purchase.
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 13, 2017
Not0fThis:
She must've gone through a lot at his hands to have sought the divorce. So happy she is now free. A woman needs to be careful w/ the man she chooses. Some men out there ain't no good.

Gone through what? That is what you get when a common call girl pretends to be a wife material all because of material greed. Ooni made a terrible mistake in the first place marrying that 2 for 5 naira notorious barren bitch.
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by tit(f): 12:10am On Sep 13, 2017
Evablizin:
Free indeed.

to go to Italy?
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Daboomb: 12:18am On Sep 13, 2017
GoggleB:
This woman yaf date and marry plenty..
The Big question is "Who is the next to fall in love with her"

That woman has always been a hoe, from day one and the king knows this.

The painful part is that this King has brought disrepute to the oduduwa throne by marrying a hoe, even after several warnings from the 'leaders'.
Ooni broght disgrace to Oduduwa kingdomw by making a hoe a Queen-mother.

I hear the harlot is even asking that she will be addressed as "Queen" forever?
The hoe is even asking for money and property, like this is one American wedding.

Once a hoe, always a Hoe.
Ooni, you phuck-up big time, despite all the multitudes of virgins abounding in Ife kingdom for you to marry, na olosho you dey always follow.

4 Likes

Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Daboomb: 12:21am On Sep 13, 2017
Odianose13:
Oba dey collect bride price refund? First time I'm hearing this. I've never heard or read. Especially exposing it publicly like this. I know when African kings are tired of any of their wives, they just ignore her even while she is still in the palace. Even if she is barren, the king would just use her as a sex subject while he marries another. I guess the elders in yorubaland will be so speechless now. This is really a mess! And a first class King saying publicly that he has collected back his dowry. So funny really. The aura and charisma of a first class king is lost really.

This Ooni has brought disgrace to the Oduduwa thrown, from day one.
He is acting like an foolish child, not knowing what is expected or worth doing.
he still thinks he is that young man building houses for the rich and powerful in Lekki.
he better wake up or just step down from that thrown instead of desecrating it. angry angry
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by amerimex(m): 12:25am On Sep 13, 2017
What ith all ds comments of cultivate and die tins, so u guys believe those outdated superstition, when d marriage is been dissolved due to infidelity, abi una o no wetin b infidelity, or how manymen yaf died prior to ds divorce
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by banmee(m): 12:30am On Sep 13, 2017
bettercreature:
she is still very dangerous you guys should be very careful

Una de see mentality?
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Topmaike007(m): 12:31am On Sep 13, 2017
divinehand2003:
What about the spiritual cleansing that the chief priest proposed to perform on her to prevent her male partners from dying?
oga u wan marry am?

1 Like

Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Agunechibeya(m): 12:44am On Sep 13, 2017
hammerFU:

It is not refundable.
don't say what you don't know. In Igbo land bride prises are returned to the first husband though by the new husband
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by ICEMAN(m): 12:48am On Sep 13, 2017
Odianose13:

So u mean if a woman is barren or commits infidelity (as the media makes us biliv btw the Ooni and his Olori). Divorce is the answer or what. Could u explain further ur bitterness to my response? They made a mistake marrying in the first place. I don't support divorce and Wura knew who she was marrying before she went into the Ooni's abode. He is a traditional ruler! So whatever civil or Western culture u biliv does not apply in their marriage. Its strictly TRADITIONAL and the king can be polygamous. She is treated more as filth now cos she complicated her life by marrying a full blown traditionalist and having her bride price returned in the full knowledge of the public. Leaving her in the palace and marrying another is far better than the mess she is in. I'm from Edo State and I knew her back then when I was in UNIBEN in 2004, so I don't wish her bad. If ure from Edo, ull understand what it means when a dowry is returned! She is in deep shit at the moment. Take it or leave it.

Yes. Divorce is the best answer.
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 13, 2017
Not0fThis:
She must've gone through a lot at his hands to have sought the divorce. So happy she is now free. A woman needs to be careful w/ the man she chooses. Some men out there ain't no good.

You can say that again.

sad
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by luminouz(m): 12:55am On Sep 13, 2017
Odianose13:
Oba dey collect bride price refund? First time I'm hearing this. I've never heard or read. Especially exposing it publicly like this. I know when African kings are tired of any of their wives, they just ignore her even while she is still in the palace. Even if she is barren, the king would just use her as a sex subject while he marries another. I guess the elders in yorubaland will be so speechless now. This is really a mess! And a first class King saying publicly that he has collected back his dowry. So funny really. The aura and charisma of a first class king is lost really.
*looks left n right* for the lost aura n charisma
Nope!! Cant see shiit!!!!
U drunk hommie
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by luminouz(m): 12:56am On Sep 13, 2017
Odianose13:
undecided
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 13, 2017
osazsky:
d funny thing is DAT she didn't even dissolve her previous marriage before getting married to d oni , her previous husband is a close friend of mine, she called him at night and told him DAT she is now married to a bigger shot. d guy cried bitterly cos he spent a lot on her, she's a disgrace to women spits

If what u say is true.
Then she got served by karma.

If only she had known, she was making a grave mistake getting married to Ooni.

What a pity.

1 Like

Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by luminouz(m): 1:00am On Sep 13, 2017
Daboomb:

This Ooni has brought disgrace to the Oduduwa thrown, from day one.
He is acting like an foolish child, not knowing what is expected or worth doing.
he still thinks he is that young man building houses for the rich and powerful in Lekki.
he better wake up or just step down from that thrown instead of desecrating it. angry angry
I beg u.....in d name of anyone u hold sacred.. Just go n help me dethrone the Ooni!!!
What's ur problem bro U need vitamins or what...why don't u face ur life naaaaa n leave others to theirs.
Ur not even Yoruba....y e come dey pain u?? undecided
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Odianose13(m): 1:01am On Sep 13, 2017
luminouz:

*looks left n right* for the lost aura n charisma
Nope!! Cant see shiit!!!!
U drunk hommie

Did u actually make sense with ur quote? Ur response to my opinion is ambiguous and of no reason. Cmon, make sense in ur next quote. *I'm sure ull quote me again*.
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by akigbemaru: 1:16am On Sep 13, 2017
Celestyn8213:
I thought the native priest said any man that sleeps with her will die? Abi na because she didn't refund her bride price? Funky oba.
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by lonelydora: 1:23am On Sep 13, 2017
Jalubarika:
Make I see that 'Mr die young' wey go rush go cultivate her farm first

Can't stop laughing at your comment.
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Abuleoshi: 1:58am On Sep 13, 2017
divinehand2003:
What about the spiritual cleansing that the chief priest proposed to perform on her to prevent her male partners from dying?
Will the chief priest be the first to "check" if the cleansing worked?
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Icon79(m): 2:05am On Sep 13, 2017
Word right out of my mouth!

O pari

dumie:
Is this the norm now, to return the Bride Price
She should have just stayed with her Lebanese husband and not this end time ooni

1 Like

Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by bellotaofeek: 2:10am On Sep 13, 2017
Yes, free like a loaded truck with faulty break.... grin

1 Like

Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 13, 2017
Na wa oh!!! African women dey suffer ooo

African women are always at the receiving end.

Always a loss : loss situation.

Marry man; You satisfy him sexually, cook for him, give up your identity; take his identity, receive beating, man cheats, your social life becomes zero plus added crap..

Down the road, marriage dissolves and woman returns bride price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chai

Where as, just less than 8 hours flight down the road,

WESTERN women divorce husbands and they smile to their banks.

Na wa.

2 Likes

Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by Antichristus: 2:41am On Sep 13, 2017
Re: Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife by gare(f): 3:06am On Sep 13, 2017
divinehand2003:

Why are you asking? The Oni has said she's free you're talking about chief priest, all that must have been done, or you want to be invited for the cleansing ceremony? Or are you interested in her ?���

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos] / Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos) / Sanusi Lamido Welcomes Baby With His 4th Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.