Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. (587 Views)

Man Filmed Giving A Woman Head By The Side Of A Busy Road (video) / Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape / "A Woman On Lowcut?" Victor Poko Johnson's Nude Loved Up Photo Sparks Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by ako1tse: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2017
Many of the issues we have in the home today are as a result of the order of the home.

There is a prescribed default where the husband is head and the wife is a support, but for so many reasons, that is now being contested.

In our society, the biggest reasons are age, finance, status and character.

The position of a husband is binding but age seems to play a part in altering things, so if you have a wife who is older or even the same age, it is more likely to affect order.

Finance is also important because in our definition of what the head of a home is, financial responsibility plays a huge role so, if we have a situation where the financial order is affected, chances are, that the leadership order will also be affected.

More women occupy public leadership roles today, add this number to those who are royalty and you have an increasing number of women with higher societal status than their men. In many cases, the order of the home is affected.

Finally, there's character which seems to be the root of all that's listed above. You can be an older, richer wife with higher societal status and still be a good wife who takes her husband as the head.

Obviously, it's an ever changing society and more people are asking why a man needs to be the head of the home, so let us ask ourselves....what is the current position of wives in the home and what should it be?

Can she head the home?

cc:lalasticlala
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by Florblu(f): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2017
Never!God has ordained men to be the head and nobody can change that.
But then,women are not the tail but Helper.
Men and women needs each other to function irrespective of the calling one have above the other.
My exact point is women cannot be the head of a family,yet women are not meant to be relegated to the bottom of the table
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by pocohantas(f): 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2017
Head which home?

The man is the head of the home. A woman should marry a man who is deserving of all her love, respect and submissiveness. Once you marry him, he is the head. No contesting it.

The man on his part should treat his wife as he wants to be treated.

That doesn't mean she can't take or be actively involved in decision making.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by Fadiga24(m): 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
When it comes to responsibility all the feminist propaganda go out the window hahaha.
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by pocohantas(f): 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2017
Fadiga24:
When it comes to responsibility all the feminist propaganda go out the window hahaha.

If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a 'book'.

If you read the OP, you won't display this folly all in a bid to attack feminism, not like feminism was mentioned there sev. Let me summarise it for you in few sentences, the people concerned are actually arguing that when women assume more financial responsibilities, is older or has more status, leadership should tilt in their favour.

They are not shying away from the responsibility, they are saying he who pays more bills, should be the head of the home.

Can you now comment sensibly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by babyfaceafrica: 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
I don't like your question at all because it is technical...let me try sha.....A woman can head a home in the absence of her husband...the problems with some homes is that the husband is taciturn and inert, the more aggressive wife tends to dominate..also because some women have more financial clout more than their man,they tems to buga,now where some women get it wrong is that everything is not gragra..even if yourhusband is gentleor not rich like you.na brain dem dey use dominate and lead.don't deflate his ego by being too controlling.There are homes where women controls but outsiders will not know..but alas not today's woman...they want to usurp their husband powers.only intelligent and wise woman can head a home without problems..but how many can do this?

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by wunmi590(m): 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2017
Let me park my keke here first, I am coming
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by McBrooklyn(m): 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2017

Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by slyd90(m): 11:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
anywhere a woman becomes a leader her followers are in trouble be it home or office they are always strict...
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by WrathOfHadez(m): 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2017
pocohantas:
Head which home?

The man is the head of the home. A woman should marry a man who is deserving of all her love, respect and submissiveness. Once you marry him, he is the head. No contesting it.

shocked shocked shocked shocked Forgiven!!!
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by Uyi168: 1:38am On Sep 13, 2017
In d absense of the father,some women can play d role very well..e.g my mum
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by ibkkk(f): 5:11am On Sep 13, 2017
A man is /must be the HEAD of the family.
Anything contrary to this,na wash.
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by Fadiga24(m): 7:37am On Sep 13, 2017
pocohantas:

If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a 'book'.

If you read the OP, you won't display this folly all in a bid to attack feminism, not like feminism was mentioned there sev. Let me summarise it for you in few sentences, the people concerned are actually arguing that when women assume more financial responsibilities, is older or has more status, leadership should tilt in their favour.

They are not shying away from the responsibility, they are saying he who pays more bills, should be the head of the home.

Can you now comment sensibly?

Thank you.
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by veraiyke(m): 8:22am On Sep 13, 2017
pocohantas:
Head which home?

Wise
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by AkProsper(m): 10:36am On Sep 13, 2017
where and what will the man be doing?. . . . . . . check my signature ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
Re: Can A Woman Head A Home? Lets Talk. by opaniyikehinde: 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
from the backdrop of the genesis of creation,Adam was created and was given a leading role in the garden which represents family and later, eve was created to majorly assist Adam.women are not created to head a family,its a sole responsibility of men to lead and for women to support.This women emancipation is doing more damage than the benefit.

(1) (Reply)

Girl Aged 15 Who Poisoned Herself After Breakup With BF Buried (photos) / How To Break To My College-age Daughters That I'm Dating Someone Their Age Group / My 28 Year Old Daughter Doesn’t Approve Of My Girlfriend Who Is Only 4 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.