Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,759 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Nigerian Army Begs NUJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Begs NUJ (571 Views)

Abayomi Adeshida: NUJ FCT Outraged, Demand Sanctions / Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts / Army Harassing Journalists And The Public Over Missing General - NUJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by Boyooosa(m): 6:50am On Sep 13, 2017
‘We are sorry’ – Nigerian army begs NUJ

Chijioke Jannah
7 mins ago

The Commander, 14 Brigade, Nigeria Army, Ohafia, Brigadier General Abdul Kalifah Ibrahim has apologised to journalists in Nigeria for the military invasion of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Press Centre, Umuahia.

The Army Chief, who visited the Press Centre in company of the Naval Commander, School of Finance and Logistics Owerrinta, Capt Abdulahi Aminu condemned the attack, describing it as a disaster of unimaginable proportion.

Ibrahim promised to fish out the soldiers who carried out the unauthorised operation with a view to sanctioning them and called on journalists not to allow the invasion of their office to cause any bad blood between the army and them.

He also promised to pay for the cell phone belonging to one of the journalists which went missing after the attack and warned soldiers to respect the rights of civilians during the operation python dance.

After his visit, the deputy Director of Information, 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Enugu, Col Musa Sagay, also came calling on behalf of the General Officer Commanding the Division, Major Gen Adamu Abubakar and condemned the action of the soldiers.

Col Sagay said immediately his boss heard what happened, he was detailed to go to Umuahia to meet with journalists and appeal to them for calm as the Army was on top of the situation.

“It is regrettable that this ugly incident happened to a group of people I have known and worked with since 2010-2011 when kidnapping was at its peak in the state and I would not want that cordial relationship to be destroyed.

“I am in Umuahia on behalf of my boss Gen Abubakar who is the commander of 82 Div Enugu to express our concern over what happened on Tuesday which is not the normal way we operate.

“I want to assure you that all those who took part in the action against journalists will be fished out and dealt with accordingly. The Operation Egwu Eke (Python Dance) will commence from 15th of September to 14th of October and the exercise is not targeted at any group.

“The exercise is targeted at all security flash points in the entire South East geopolitical zone which is the reason behind the army show of force but it is targeted at kidnappings, armed robbery, cultism, insurgency and secession agitators,” Sagay stated.

Col Sagay insisted that there was no military siege at the home of the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu as being reported in some sections of the media, adding that the issue of insurgency starts in a small way which the soldiers will not allow.
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/12/sorry-nigerian-army-begs-nuj/
Re: Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by paiz: 6:52am On Sep 13, 2017
Sorry Keh? If truely you are sorry get new phones and cameras for them, and most importantly let them beat their own back

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by smartty68(m): 6:54am On Sep 13, 2017
The act was deliberate, stop lying Mr Army Man undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by SmellingAnus(m): 6:55am On Sep 13, 2017
I wonder what I would have done to myself if I had voted for this present Government... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by PoliticalThuG(m): 6:59am On Sep 13, 2017
Operation Python Dance Continues!
Re: Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by EmekaBlue(m): 7:01am On Sep 13, 2017
cheesy The Nigerian army will beg us tire at the south/east. We will finally teach them about the democracy we claim we practice in this country and buhari must cover his tyrant face in shame,then afonjas can drown in jealousy when they see things like this happen

Ogadimma

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by akinmusi(m): 7:03am On Sep 13, 2017
EmekaBlue:
cheesy The Nigerian army will beg us tire at the south/east. We will finally teach them about the democracy we claim we practice in this country and buhari must cover his tyrant face in shame,then afonjas can drown in jealousy when they see things like this happen.

Ogadimma

Lol. Funny dude

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by fergie001: 7:04am On Sep 13, 2017
“I want to assure you that all those who took part in the action against journalists will be fished out and dealt with accordingly.
The Operation Egwu Eke (Python Dance) will commence from 15th of September to 14th of October and the exercise is not targeted at any group."

Dealt with or promoted?
To serve as deterrent,it must resonate.
The Army from time immemorial is fond of this kind of attitude,intimidate civilians with show of force,break anything breakable to anyone who opposes their thoughts.
You stay in a car,and they want to cross,you see them breaking side-mirrors and yelling.
Mr.Sagay,nonetheless,we understand your dealing with them accordingly.

But its cool,they apologised....

So,after Oct 14,you will go abi?
Why do I have a belief they have Kanu's case well wrapped up before 14th?

**picks up pen,*looks into the ceiling,*remembers 1983*starts listing names,*Idi Amin*Mobutu Seseseko*Samuel Doe*Sani Abacha*Muh........

Re: Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by Cuche: 7:16am On Sep 13, 2017
Boyooosa:
‘We are sorry’ – Nigerian army begs NUJ

The Commander, 14 Brigade, Nigeria Army, Ohafia, Brigadier General Abdul Kalifah Ibrahim
Naval Commander, School of Finance and Logistics Owerrinta, Capt Abdulahi Aminu
the deputy Director of Information, 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Enugu, Col Musa Sagay
General Officer Commanding the Division, Major Gen Adamu Abubakar
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/12/sorry-nigerian-army-begs-nuj/
Can we get an explanation for this? Why won't there be agitation by Ipob and their reason for selling islamization propaganda always finds substance.
Re: Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by CaptainG00D: 7:31am On Sep 13, 2017
Hmm
Re: Nigerian Army Begs NUJ by Mynd44: 7:31am On Sep 13, 2017

(1)

Curfew Extended In Abia, School Resumption Postponed / On Operation Python Dance And The Killings In Aba By Obinna Oke / Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.