Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

On Operation Python Dance And The Killings In Aba By Obinna Oke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Operation Python Dance And The Killings In Aba By Obinna Oke (567 Views)

Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) / Governor Ikpeazu Reacts To The Killing Of Keke Rider In Aba By Soldiers / Nnamdi Kanu: How I Was Smuggled Out Of Nigeria During Operation Python Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Operation Python Dance And The Killings In Aba By Obinna Oke by EBUBS(m): 7:46pm On Sep 15, 2017
It is a shame that we, Nigerians have chosen to be sheep. We see the train blaring its deafening horn, approaching with a deadly speed, yet we continue to follow that first and one deaf and blind sheep with ulcers on its scrotum to cross the rail. We will die! I repeat, we will die!

It's no news that certain sections of this country have been marginalised with reckless abandon over the years especially the Igbos. It is known to all that the Igbos deserve better than they're treated and forced to accept in Nigeria. Igbos emerged from the Nigeria-Biafra war with a lot of faces; loss, sorrow, survival instinct, but worst of all, fear!
Nnamdi Kanu might have come with an uncommon boldness that goes contrary to this fear that we've got accustomed to over the years. Many, including the Igbos have vilified him for this because he appears not to be aware of the losses of the past. But this shrewd young man has not and cannot be held responsible for the death of any one or deaths arising from the IPOB protest. He has gone about his protests peacefully, without raising a stick against either an Igbo, an Hausa or a Yoruba resident anywhere in Eastern Nigeria or any other place in this country. Rather, the killing of hundreds of people in the east is clearly orchestrated by the government led by an individual versed in nothing else than hatred, subjugation, dictatorship and war. An entity that knows nothing about democracy or peace. Sadly, that same individual is aware of how short more he has to live and obviously wants the rest of us to die with him!

I have read all the literature within my reach, about the Nigeria-Biafra war including the day to day account of that war published by the Daily Times, a rare collection I'm not sure you have. My father who also witnessed that war has told me a lot about the horrors of it. He told me how he narrowly survived that war with my mum, and the sad memories he'd carry to his grave. He told me of the many children who died of hunger, men who were killed, of women who were rapped and murdered. Of interest was Onwoshi Onuoha, our kinsman who had refused the Nigerian soldiers from raping his wife. The soldiers beat him to a pulp, tied two heavy block cement to his waist and threw him into the Ebonyi river where he drowned. They later raped his wife after all. My father also told of our famous village palmwine tapper who had insisted on tending to his palm-trees at the heat of the war, and how he was shot in the anus on top of the palm-tree. He fell like a head of breadfruit, sticking his brains into a sharp stump. No one buried him. He decayed that way.

And while it is one thing to be told about war or to read about war, it is another to live through it.

See. War is bad. Let's not fold our hands while that one person plunges us into it.

I, Obinna Oke, know that this life is hard and short, but I don't want anyone to make it shorter or harder than it is already. I want to live and be capable of wiping some tears. I want to live and take care of the sick. I want to live and get my books published. I would love to marry and be kissed up from bed every morning by a lovely woman. I would love to have my own baby poo on my fine clothes while I scream 'gosh!'

I know that so many of you share these beautiful aspirations with me. That future lies in the decisions we make today. Let's give peace a chance. By all means, let's enthrone peace! Let's disregard that redundant cliché by some born oppressors saying that the unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable. It is a platitude from the pit of hell.

And you, dear soldier boy, rejoicing because you've been given a loaded gun to shoot down your fellow men who've done nothing against you other than their demand for a better treatment, for self-determination, a permissible action in any democracy, I say to you: be careful! Have a rethink. When the python dances in the forest, it will pull down trees, and the stems of the trees will in turn fall on the pythons, and they will die. There's a point you crush a people and nature will wage war against you. Even mere Stones will rise against you.

The world is watching.
Stop Aba killing!
Withdraw operation python dance from the East!
Restructure Nigeria today or better still let Biafra go.

2 Likes

Re: On Operation Python Dance And The Killings In Aba By Obinna Oke by kn23h(m): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
Now they're talking "we Nigerians". What happened to "we zoogerians" when Igbos were busy inciting hate speech?

1 Like

Re: On Operation Python Dance And The Killings In Aba By Obinna Oke by kn23h(m): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
1. When we speak, the Zoo trembles, that is what happens when a cattle rearing terrorist and paedophile is your ruler" Nnamdi Kanu

2. "If U find anybody in your village asking after Radio Biafra kill d baboon Awusa Fulani or Yoruba bastard" Nnamdi Kanu

3. "@MBuhari is a shameless Paedophile and rapist." Nnamdi Kanu

4. "Buhari is a Terrorist he should be killed." Nnamdi Kanu

5. ''Nigeria is a zoo and everybody living in that Godforsaken zoo deserves to die." Nnamdi Kanu

6. "Pastor Kumuyi should be stoned and dealt with thoroughly if he comes to Aba for his planned crusade." Nnamdi Kanu

7. "The imbecilic @GEJonathan is a disgrace to humanity and deserves to be skinned alive for handing over to an Hausa goat." Nnamdi Kanu

7. "The imbecilic @GEJonathan is a disgrace to humanity and deserves to be skinned alive for handing over to an Hausa goat." Nnamdi Kanu

9. "We are assembling weapons and we need some more money to thoroughly equip our military to enable us unleash mayhem on Nigeria. Nnamdi Kanu

10. "@MBuhari married his wife after raping her several times, the records are there." Nnamdi Kanu

11. "No Ibo man should attend any Church where the pastor is a Yoruba man, they are criminals and fools." Nnamdi Kanu

12. "Nigeria should prepare for war, we are coming to annihilate you, my secret service are already studying the zoo and strategising." Kanu

13. "It's either Biafra or death..." Nnamdi Kanu

Above are just samples of Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB BIAFRA

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore / Mayday Mayday Mayday,governor Okorocha Endanger The Life Of Imolites. / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [26 September, 2017].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.