Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

Market Demolition: Imo State To Immortalise 10- Yr-old Boy, Late Somtochuwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Market Demolition: Imo State To Immortalise 10- Yr-old Boy, Late Somtochuwu (386 Views)

"Our Mumu Don Do" Group Visit Family Of 10yr Boy Killed During Market Demolition / Market Demolition; Owerri Elders Visit Graveside Of Their Founding Fathers. PICS / Market Demolition: No One Died, Says Okorocha; Lies, My 10-yr-old Son Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Market Demolition: Imo State To Immortalise 10- Yr-old Boy, Late Somtochuwu by celebsnest(m): 11:46am On Sep 14, 2017
The Imo State governor, Gov. Rochas Okorocha, has revealed that the state government will name Douglas Road after 10-year-old boy Somtochukwu Ibeanusi who died on Aug. 26 during Eke Ukwu Market demolition and relocation.

Okorocha said that any other building to be erected on the site of the demolished market would also be named after the deceased.

The governor’s Chief Press Secretary (CPS), Mr Sam Onwuemeodo, announced this in a statement in Owerri on Thursday.

He said;

“Not minding how and where the 10-year-old boy, late Somtochukwu Ibeanusi died on the day the Eke Ukwu Market was demolished and relocated, I will honour him by naming Douglas Road after his name.

“I have liberated Owerri indigenes from a wicked clique made up of few families in the area who have held the people captive for many years.”

The governor said that the boy’s death was still confusing as he died in Mbaise Road while the demolition took place in Douglas Road.

He said that irrespective of the circumstances of the child’s demise, the present government would still give the deceased his due respect by immortalising him.

Okorocha said that the immortalisation was necessary since Ibeanusi died the same day Owerri residents were liberated.

Source NAN

See more at https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/market-demolition-imo-state-government-immortalise-10-year-old-boy-late-somtochuwu/

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44

Re: Market Demolition: Imo State To Immortalise 10- Yr-old Boy, Late Somtochuwu by Rico96(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Market Demolition: Imo State To Immortalise 10- Yr-old Boy, Late Somtochuwu by cheruv: 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
This govano funny die grin

(1) (Reply)

Wike Reveals How SARS Operative Was Killed Among Robbers In Rivers / ‘we Are Not Withdrawing Troops From Abia State’ – Nigerian Army Says / I Am A Yoruba Coward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.