Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

What PDP Must Do To Take Back Power At The Centre - Umartins1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What PDP Must Do To Take Back Power At The Centre - Umartins1 (578 Views)

How PDP Can Get Back Power In 2019 – Kwankwaso / Osun Re-run: What PDP Should Do – Lawyer / What PDP Must Do To Defeat APC In 2019 – Jimi Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What PDP Must Do To Take Back Power At The Centre - Umartins1 by Umartins1(m): 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2017
If PDP wants to win 2019, let the party field Atiku as president and governor Fayoshe as vice president. Atiku is the only northerner that can wrestle votes from Buhari or a Buhari backed candidate. And governor Fayoshe has the overwhelming support of Igbos and Igbo influenced other parts of the South.

This is just my analysis of who I think can win president Buhari, or what the PDP can do to wrestle back power at the centre. There's no need taking this personal, just like everyone, I am only exercising my right of freedom of speech. And this does not mean I'm anti Buhari.

The Yorubas are purportedly 'neutral'- just as the region is indifferent to religion, so it is also to politics. However, should Yorubas don't want to be indifferent, the choice of Fayoshe as vice presidential candidate will weaken the region for Prof. 'Yemi Osibanjo(likely APC VP candidate). The 'weakning' will be championed by the dwindling popularity of Yoruba governors in their respective states.

Atiku will lead the northern war. He is popular in North Central. If being a former vice president of the country will haunt him, he has 'boys' who can handle it for him-

The Senate president, Dr. Bukola Saraki dominates Kwara like a feudal Lord. Governor Yahya Bello of Kogi has the state in his pocket(forget the rift with Dino, Bello belongs to Saraki camp). The former Senate president, David Mark will take care of Benue. The three senators from Plateau; Jonah Jang, Joshua Dariye and Jeremiah Useni, are, one way or the other, in Saraki group. The three can get the state governor; Lalong, behind Atiku. And in Nasarawa, all that is needed is coalition of forces between Al-Makura and Labaran Maku, the latter will very much opt for Atiku. On paper, Atiku as a candidate will give PDP a reasonable amount of votes in the north central.

The north east is where Atiku hails from. If he can't win his region, he can as well kiss his ambition goodbye unless he wants to do a 1999 Obasanjo-who, despite the Yoruba preference for the AD- got the overwhelming support of the north and south(the east and the south of south)

Taraba is a PDP state, even a Buhari minister who hails from there recently made known her support for Atiku. Atiku is from Adamawa, there is no need analysing the state. Just as Buhari will win Kastina, the same stroke is meant for Atiku. And by extension, he may win Borno based on proximity- just as Buhari may win Kaduna.

The votes from North west, Buhari's stronghold, will be heavily countered by votes from the east. This is why Fayoshe MUST be used as the VP. The only guy the Igbo can settle for who is not one of theirs is undoubtedly the Ekiti man. When I mean Igbo, I am talking of votes from Rivers, Cross River, Delta... together with the 'real' Igbos. The Votes from there will be enough to face the North west.

This is on-paper analysis and does not represent the view of every Nigerian. Right now, the PDP has no candidate of Buhari's calibre, unless of course, Goodluck Jonathan, whose candidacy will cement the death of PDP. This is why I recommend an Atiku-Fayoshe candidacy to the PDP.
Umartins1 studies Economics in the university of Lagos.

Cc seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: What PDP Must Do To Take Back Power At The Centre - Umartins1 by PointZerom: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2017
Before you come here and shout Buhari 2019, pls upload his completed projects so far.
Re: What PDP Must Do To Take Back Power At The Centre - Umartins1 by maximilano: 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
Because Fayose is speaking for his political gain, you think he loves the Igbos?......Lol, your suggestion is dead on arrival. The North isn't like the SE where they destroy votes by having multiple candidates. If Buhari decides to go for a 2nd term, the whole North will support him.
So restrategize.
Re: What PDP Must Do To Take Back Power At The Centre - Umartins1 by Umartins1(m): 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2017
maximilano:
Because Fayose is speaking for his political gain, you think he loves the Igbos?......Lol, your suggestion is dead on arrival. The North isn't like the SE where they destroy votes by having multiple candidates. If Buhari decides to go for a 2nd term, the whole North will support him.
So restrategize.

Why do you say the whole north will support him?
Re: What PDP Must Do To Take Back Power At The Centre - Umartins1 by whitebeard(m): 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
Hello hello yeah pls can we focus on people with goals and love for our country, not people with greed and other bad vibes thank u..!! Screw PDP APC all of them, any political party that doesn't have the people mind is meant to be dumped...!!
Re: What PDP Must Do To Take Back Power At The Centre - Umartins1 by Umartins1(m): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2017
R
Re: What PDP Must Do To Take Back Power At The Centre - Umartins1 by Umartins1(m): 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mynd44, lalasticlala, seun. ...

I think you should help visit and promote this. Opinions of individual NLers should be encouraged, not just that of sarki and selected few. I wrote this months ago and it is manifesting. I have written many other articles on this forum which didn't see the light of the day.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Never Supported The Restructure Of Nigeria His Statement Is Twisted..read / Igbo Presidency : We Must Ally With the North Or West To Be Politically Relevant / Where Are Those Who Trekked For APC Buhari 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.