Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia (3645 Views)

Nigerian Army Kill Insurgents, Capture Armoury This Evening / Kanu Addresses Huge Crowd Of Biafrans In Houston Texas(picture&video) / Official From German Government Address Biafrans In Germany (2) (3) (4)

Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by letusbepieces: 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-africa-40829688?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=59ba8128e4b07da2f2789a89%26%27Three%20people%20shot%27%20in%20tense%20south-east%20Nigeria%26&ns_fee=0#post_59ba8128e4b07da2f2789a89

Three people shot' in tense south-east Nigeria

Stephanie Hegarty
BBC Africa, Lagos
Eyewitnesses have told the BBC that three people have been shot by men in a military van outside a local government building, in Umuahia, south-east Nigeria, following clashes earlier in the week between the army and members of the separatist group, the Indigenous People of Biafra (Ipob).

Two people died and one was rushed to hospital.

Tensions have been escalating in the area since clashes erupted earlier in the week and today’s shooting seems to be related.

On Tuesday, Ipob members hurled stones at a military convoy when it came close to the house of their leader Nnamdi Kanu.

After the incident, videos emerged online which have stoked tensions even further.

One video shared widely seems to show Ipob members being forced to lie face down in mud, the person filming says that one man was killed, but the BBC has been unable to independently verify that claim.

In a statement today, the Nigerian army said they were investigating these videos but also accused Ipob of publishing "bogus, manipulated and photo-shopped photographs as well as video clips".

In the city of Aba residents have been subjected to a curfew for four days after reports of local youths setting up road blocks to search for Hausa people, suggesting the clashes have taken on an ethnic dimension.

In Port Harcourt a police spokesman said that an officer was killed after youths seized his gun and a police hut was burnt down, 32 people have been arrested in the city.

Nnamdi Kanu

cc IamAirforce1, spyder880, hammerfu, cococandy, ireneony, tylesh, Afam4eva, Ngozi123, pointb, bigfrancis21, Ikechuob, oneeast, safarigirl, Pchidexy, cheruv, pazienza, Amarabae,tonyebarcanista, queennsekxy,chino

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by madridguy(m): 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2017
tongue
Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by DrGoodman: 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2017
Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2017
Bbc
Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by Produke(m): 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2017
Biafra should go,they have the right to.

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by letusbepieces: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2017
ALL I CAN SAY IS DAT, THIS TROUBLE BUHARI STARTED IS NOT GOING TO FINISH WITHOUT BIAFRA REFERENDUM.

NIGERIA HAVE TOTALLY LOST THE SUPPORT OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY AND IS SEEN AS AN AGGRESSOR AND A TERRORIST GOVERNMENT THAT MURDERS ITS OWN PEOPLE.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by Jadmchris(m): 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2017
embarassed
Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by Nemesis1: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2017
letusbepieces:

ARE U NOT GOING TO BEG MYND44 AND SEUN TO HIDE THIS ONE FOR U, LIKE U DID ON THIS THREAD?

https://www.nairaland.com/4054705/uk-disturbing-video-allegedly-shows-nigerian

I don't beg, that's against my personality

If your thread got deleted it means it's either full of lies or same story exists, either way look for someone your level to disturb with mentions

Oh and please call your relatives in Jos, seems the shyyttt has hit the fan and if peaceful Jos is boiling definitely it'll spread like wild man fire, we warned you this would happen, continue to kiss Mumundi Kanu's piss

And I heard the farrggoots father has been arrested by army which means your savior absconded

. Deal with it

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by serverconnect(m): 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2017
Buhari is a terrorist.

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by letusbepieces: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2017
[s]Nemesis1:

I don't beg, that's against my personality

If your thread got deleted it means it's either full of lies or same story exists, either way look for someone your level to disturb with mentions

Oh and please call your relatives in Jos, seems the shyyttt has hit the fan and if peaceful Jos is boiling definitely it'll spread like wild man fire, we warned you this would happen, continue to kiss Mumundi Kanu's piss

And I heard the farrggoots father has been arrested by army which means your savior absconded

. Deal with it [/s]

IPOB IS FIGHTING AND WINNING, WE KNOW U ARE REALLY PAINED.

INTERNATIONAL NEWS HAVE STARTED SINGING.

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by greatmarshall(m): 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2017
blood of NKITA
Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by Nemesis1: 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2017
letusbepieces:

IPOB IS FIGHTING AND WINNING, WE KNOW U ARE REALLY PAINED.

INTERNATIONAL NEWS HAVE STARTED SINGING.

Mumu Nigeria is a sovereign nation, they can sing all they want, it doesn't mean they'll arrest or invade Nigeria to support you, besides, so far no foreign media has shared anything, the news on CNN link was put on CNN mobile's editorial page by a Igbo fool , it was not published or written by CNN correspondent

Deal with it

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by LUGBE: 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2017
Hmmmm, the zoo must fall

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by Jetjacky(m): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2017
they did the same to me when I tried to post this said matter few minutes after its happening. This mods try wink

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by zionmde: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2017
Nemesis1:

Mumu Nigeria is a sovereign nation, they can sing all they want, it doesn't mean they'll arrest or invade Nigeria to support you, besides, so far no foreign media has shared anything, the news on CNN link was put on CNN mobile's editorial page by a Igbo fool , it was not published or written by CNN correspondent

Deal with it
thats true they wont invade nigeria
but nigeria can be expelled from UN and from OPEC and wen that happens u will join in swearing for buhari. I guess u re naive anyways. But let me give u a little tip, imagine a situation where countries stop buying our oil or anything we export.
Sometimes try to reason beyond tribalism

17 Likes

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by FemiFimile: 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2017
I smell trouble ahead. Buhari needs wisdom.
Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by obulor6468: 11:27pm On Sep 14, 2017
Junk journalism from bbc.
Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by Celcius: 11:38pm On Sep 14, 2017
obulor6468:
...and you're doing professional journalism on Nairaland?

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by headhunter1: 11:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
Nemesis1:

Deal with it
Libya is a sovereign nation too

i hope you know their story

what of that Egypt President that was sentenced to death after killing many people mainly with military trucks

abi Egypt no be sovereign nation again?

Nigeria keeps getting bad records and reputation in the international communities no thanks to Buhari the useless gworo chewing terrorist
by the time the UN starts reasoning Nigeria matter you'll understand that in the eyes of the west
Africa is just a country not a continent grin

cc
tonyebarcanista omenka ngeneukwenu sarrki cheesy

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by headhunter1: 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2017
obulor6468:
e pain am well well

you're expecting to hear

Ipob kills 50,000 yeroba Muslims - TVC news (owned by Tinubu the bastard)

or

Army tear gassed ipob protesters without casualties - punch news grin

Hehehehehehe am sorry there's a limit to your brown envelope journalism

Buhari is a terrorist - ngeneukwenu
aisha is a shameless corrupt prostitute - sarrki

kiss the truth

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by APCsupporter: 12:00am On Sep 15, 2017
Nemesis1:

Deal with it

don't mind those illiterates
Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:03am On Sep 15, 2017
The report is even indicting IPOB as violent group..

There was a clash with Army and 3 IPOB were killed.. (Violence)

A Police officer was killed by IPOB loyalists (Violence)...

Hence, the death could be justified under rules of engagement...

Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by bakila: 12:10am On Sep 15, 2017
zionmde:

thats true they wont invade nigeria
but nigeria can be expelled from UN and from OPEC and wen that happens u will join in swearing for buhari. I guess u re naive anyways. But let me give u a little tip, imagine a situation where countries stop buying our oil or anything we export.
Sometimes try to reason beyond tribalism
Buhari
that is the name that worries you.
If countries stop buying our Oil it is the Igbos that will suffer the MORE.
Re: Bbc News: Nigeria Army Kill Three Biafrans In Umuahia by headhunter1: 12:19am On Sep 15, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The report is even indicting IPOB as violent group..

There was a clash with Army and 3 IPOB were killed.. (Violence)

A Police officer was killed by IPOB loyalists (Violence)...

Hence, the death could be justified under rules of engagement...

Nonsense trash what's this one saying
. you're pained that the international communities are seeing the terrorist Buhari true color

I Can Confirm To You From A Source...Atiku'll Be The Next President Of Nigeria / Onitsha Metropolitan Area Population Increases To Over 7million People / This Is Why Every Sane Nigerian Loves Biden