Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance (4235 Views)

If You Cannot Marry 4wives, I Cannot Marry You - Lady Says (video) / Don't Have Sex With A Girl You Cannot Marry As Wife / “I Cannot Marry A Man Who Stays On The Mainland” - Lady On Twitter Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by dacblogger: 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
Ask God to show you himself...
Do not rely on all these new generation pastors.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by machebechika: 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
Think twice before making any move
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
segunojo866:
you are still a learner dear. I have a very strong Christian friend that pray very hard before getting married he ask God for guidance after that he had a dream of him getting married to the girl, He later discussed with his spiritual father about the dream and the pastor also supported his decision. Surprisely after two years of marriage the girl got her self infected with HIV and transmit it to the innocent man. Currently the girl is dead and the man is still living with the virus.

Just cause your "strong christian friend" married a woman who infected him with HIV doesn't mean God doesn't direct us on our choice for marriage.

It is not by force to seek God's face in marriage, He gave us the power of choice for that. But when God directs you, He will not direct you astray.

I don't know how strong your christian friend was, he could have been a christian by your standard but not God's.

I can't make further comments on that.
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by machebechika: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
don't listen to any one. listen to God who has the final say your pastor is a human, not a God so he might be speaking from a human point of view. be wise do not let any one deceive you because the days are evil so many things are happening in the society and the church today just be very careful when it comes to issues like this we treat it carefully to avoid making a mistake that might cause life.
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by segunojo866: 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
kennygee:

Just cause your "strong christian friend" married a woman who infected him with HIV doesn't mean God doesn't direct us on our choice for marriage.

It is not by force to seek God's face in marriage, He gave us the power of choice for that. But when God directs you, He will not direct you astray.

I don't know how strong your christian friend was, he could have been a christian by your standard but not God's.

fool. You are one of all this stupid religious people. My friend was a virgin when he got married. He is a church freak. I hate when religious people thinks all things are good when you are a Christian. Even popular preacher Katharine kuma die in surgery. Stop thinking Christians are invisible to problems
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by tosyne2much(m): 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
deturla:

Well? I wan marry am before, because she be good babe, from wetin she don tell me. wink wink

I no think anything oh. Na im make me carry am come NL! grin grin grin
Never let any pastor discourage you from marrying a good girl without having a concrete reason. But then, it's bad to totally despise their prophesy
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
segunojo866:
fool. You are one of all this stupid religious people. My friend was a virgin when he got married. He is a church freak. I hate when religious people thinks all things are good when you are a Christian. Even popular preacher Katharine kuma die in surgery. Stop thinking Christians are invisible to problems

Just cause our beliefs are different doesn't make me a fool. Christians face problems, God didn't promise us a jolly ride, as a matter of truth, it is when you face these problems that the strength of your faith is tested.

Should I call you a fool cause your belief is different from mine? No I won't. You think Christians don't die?

Anybody can die, preacher or not.

You're really entitled to your opinion, mine won't change. Not even for you.

Have a good day.
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by segunojo866: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
kennygee:

Just cause our beliefs are different doesn't make me a fool. Christians face problems, God didn't promise us a jolly ride, as a matter of truth, it is when you face these problems that the strength of your faith is tested.

Should I call you a fool cause your belief is different from mine? No I won't. You think Christians don't die?

Anybody can die, preacher or not.

You're really entitled to your opinion, mine won't change. Not even for you.

Have a good day.
typical Christians. The atheist voice
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by segunojo866: 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
dacblogger:
Ask God to show you himself...
Do not rely on all these new generation pastors.
I think God Is so busy in traffic. Ask which God? Is it the same God that said he is coming for over 2,000years. Christians are sick

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by HayZee06(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
All these "my pastor said, my alfa said" been messing with pple's mind since time immemorial. There's something called common sense, use it!

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by jameshow: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
kennygee:

You are right, God doesn't mislead people, though personal observation is important in courtship but God's leading direction can never be underestimated
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by jameshow: 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2017
segunojo866:
I think God Is so busy in traffic. Ask which God? Is it the same God that said he is coming for over 2,000years. Christians are sick

I thank God for your life cos i just had d feeling now that your salvation is very very close
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by asksteve(m): 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
Sister, u might have created d problem yourself..

Did u inform ur pastor to seek his consent or to notify him of ur upcoming wedding?

Cos if u didn't ask for his consent, I don't see y you'd b seeking advice on a concluded issue.

Ur wedding is jus to receive Gods' blessing d issue of consent is dat of d parent so says d Scriptures, which is y u can't do ur Church wedding without your Parents consent, except u lie dat they consent to it.

Ur Pastor himself, is his marriage perfect? D answer is NO. So y r u looking for Mr. Peefect. Do u think it is by ur power or ur Pastors' to get a good man?

Bottom line is, no marriage is perfect as no human is perfect, jus pray u find someone dat listens to u n understands u.
U both will learn how to make each oda better persons dats all.

If u let him go cos of wat ur Pastor said don't blame God if it takes thy kingdom come to find someone with half his qualities.

Thanks n good luck as u make up ur mind.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by mamachizzy(f): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
ur pastor ain't God
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Tobechuckwu(m): 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
Wow! This is a bit serious oooo.
But firstly, thx be God dat u are a Christian.
U av to go for counsel, seek counsel from men nd women of God dat u trust nd u know God has used dem for u over time!
Don't think u can do it all alone, seek advice nd open up trusted Pastors, sumone u know God is using nd has used for u over the years!
Secondly, don't look down on Wat d Pastor told u! It might just be the truth, but u need to confirm from other trusted men of God.
'Remember there is a way dat seems right to a man, but d end thereof is...... ".
I know God will surely see u through did, remember he will never leave u nor forsake u. Trust in him, u really need time nd wait patiently on God. Neva rush in dis situation so. as not to. allow devil in.
I know the peace of God which all in understanding shall guard ur heart.
Enjoy ur day
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
common with those white garment mofos, why listen to a prophet when some of them cannot keep their marriages too eg okotie, oyakilome and co
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
This is rather silly

Marriage by definition is:

....for better for worse
.....in rich or poor
.....in sickness and in health
....till death do part

One of the Shitz above will happen in any marriage anyway for sure. I cant imagine what will happen to you will be any different even w/o pastors blessings.

If its infidelity, you can divorce. Simples.

Tell the pastor: thanks but i am not expecting fairy tale perfect marriage. Shitz will probably happen and we will deal with it then.

Then go and get married with God and your families blessings- they are what matters.
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Ejeremiah: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
I initially didn't want to comment but seeing peoples comment steered my impute.
From the beginning God was in the business of choosing a wife for man but when Adam & Eve sinned against God and God questioned Adam of his disobedience.
Adam told God that it was the woman he gave him that lured him into sin
Hence, from then till now God stopped choosing a wife for man but gave man the freedom to choose his own wife
Proverbs 18vs 22
Which says
He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord.

The bible said "HE who"
Initially in Genesis he was in the business of choosing a spouse. That was why he had to use the rib of Adam but later after he removed himself from the business of choosing a wife and left man with that responsibility. That was why he said He who
Don't expect God to do everything for u
U av a role to play and the role is to search for your bride and then come before him to obtain your favour and blessings of marriage.
He is more interested in making sure u pay the dowry of the woman an marry the woman according to the custom and demand of her people so the woman can be legally your.
Then u can come before him to obtain alllllll.
The business of if a man or woman is suitable is your responsibility as man.
God bless you all

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by BadBlaize(m): 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
u, ur pastor and everybody dat supports ur pastor is mad
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by airminem(f): 7:07am On Sep 14, 2020
HayZee06:
All these "my pastor said, my alfa said" been messing with pple's mind since time immemorial. There's something called common sense, use it!
True

(1) (2) (Reply)

31 Rare Historical Photographs That Will Take Your Breath Away / Which Nairalander Do You Want Him/her to Pay You A Visit In Your House? / Why Are Edo Men Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.