Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance (4227 Views)

If You Cannot Marry 4wives, I Cannot Marry You - Lady Says (video) / Don't Have Sex With A Girl You Cannot Marry As Wife / “I Cannot Marry A Man Who Stays On The Mainland” - Lady On Twitter Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by deturla: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
Please this young lady needs some help! Mature responses will make a whole lot of sense. Thanks!

I am confused right now. I don’t know what to do, the pastor of my father’s church just told me I cannot and should not marry my fiance. April 2017 made it 5 years we have been dating. It was also the month he proposed to me which I gladly accepted.

5 amazing years and it has been pure bliss. Not that we don’t have issues but we get to resolve these issues amicably. I have never had any course to regret this relationship. Our families both are cool and comfy with each other, and I had already started dreaming of a life together with him.

Until the bombshell dropped by my pastor saying he is not the man for me.

The pastor also went ahead to say that the marriage will be very smooth at the beginning but will be sour at the end. This part got to me and I was scared. Even to talk to him now is much of a problem, because I don’t know what to tell him.

I confided in some of my friends and was informed of the story of a man who was told not to marry his wife by a Prophet, that he is going to lose the woman, but he went against the instructions of the Pastor and married the woman. After the 5th wedding anniversary, she started falling sick. She fell sick and was bedridden for 5 years before she gave up the ghost on their 10th year of marriage.

One of my aunts also shared her story with me, that prior to when she got married, she was told by a Pastor not to marry her fiance, and broke up with the guy before she went to another Pastor who told her she should never leave the man of her life for anything in the world. This made her quickly run back to the man and now they have been together for 10 years. Marriage is waxing stronger.

I have tried praying to God being a strong christian to give me signs on knowing whether my fiance is the man as my husband or not, but I have not seemed to see any signs from God. The only thing I noticed was his calm, faithful and trustworthy nature which have been a part of him over the years.

Please I need help, what do I do? Our marriage is slated for November 2017 and I am torn between my personal convictions and the vision of the Pastor.

http://deedeesblog.com/dees-inbox-pastor-said-cannot-marry-fiance/

cc: lalasticlala
mynd44

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by olatorich(m): 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2017
hmmmn
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
Don't mind that pastor, follow your heart.
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Olalan(m): 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
Amusing how people always want to suddenly hear from God when they want to marry. You can confidently hear from God at this stage if you already have a relationship with him.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by deturla: 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
Olalan:
Amusing how people always want to suddenly hear from God when they want to marry. You can confidently hear from God at this stage if you already have a relationship with him.

Did you read the post at all??

Na waoh!

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
Olalan:

Honestly o, its when they want to marry that they suddenly remember God, thus running to different pastors, including fake ones.

If you're convinced you love him enough to marry him, pls go ahead, marriage is even for better or worse, if you enjoyed it in the good times, you can water it in the sour.

But I'll advise one thing. Study 1john 3:22. Only those who keep God's commands and do what is pleasing in His sight will get what they want from God.

All the best.
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
bet why we always have relationships issues every seconds cry
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2017
deturla:

Did you read the post at all??

Na waoh!

The point he is coming from is that, she can hear from God without going to meet a pastor whose realness she can't even vouch for.

If the man is not for her, she'd know thru prayers, by herself if she has a relationship with God.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by tosyne2much(m): 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
When you're suffering from indecisiveness, your pastor is always there to take decisions for you and perhaps, help you plan your home

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by dulux07(m): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2017
It can be so difficult to believe pastors these days cos many of them called themselves.

Recently i and my bro were going out, we passed d front of a church, all of a sudden some members ran after our car, claiming their pastor said they should warn us not to go to where we were going to, they looked so serious, and even said we can come see their pastor if we were in doubt

I jst told my bro to ignore them, nothing happened, we went and came back safely.

Just continue with prayer and fasting. If u see no signs or reason, then go ahead.

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by samsam2019: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
Your pastor is mad.

Tell him I said that

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hmmm
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by deturla: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
When you're suffering from indecisiveness, your pastor is always there to take decisions for you and perhaps, help you plan your home

Hmmmn!!!
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by jameshow: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
My sis, let me start by asking this question, av you slept with him? If yes that's was a big mistake because sex before marriage is a sin. Ok come back to the topic. As for me if any pastor tells me not to marry a girl, i will go elsewhere to confirm it and if is d something I heard from there then I won't go ahead, because only God that knows the end from the beginning and if the person that knows the end of a thing telling you not to go into something is better not to, though its hurt considering the time u guys av spent together, also your sexual intimacy with him if there is any, it usually very difficult to obey but is the best if you can confirm from another true man of God.
Marriage is a delicate thing, what we see now is not what actually is after some years in marriage, thats why i do laugh at some people that do say pastors' instruction shouldn't be obeyed when it comes to choosing of partners, like they forget that some people still hear from God directly. So if you can go to two or three more places to confirm that and make sure there are true man of God ooo, if the answer is still the same thing then tell the guy to do the same thing because A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN MARRIAGE. You have an opportunity now to know, others don't have this opportunity while some that did didnt take it serious now living in regrets

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by deturla: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
samsam2019:
Your pastor is mad.

Tell him I said that
shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by segunojo866: 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
kennygee:

The point he is coming from is that, she can hear from God without going to meet a pastor whose realness she can't even vouch for.

If the man is not for her, she'd know thru prayers, by herself if she has a relationship with God.
continue lying. When you pray it's not an assurance. It's sample study the person and mention the person is God fearing. The atheist voice. Honestly i don't think it's necessary if the person is good in character than what stop you from getting married

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by BluntBoy(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
deturla:
Please this young lady needs some help! Mature responses will make a whole lot of sense. Thanks!

I am confused right now. I don’t know what to do, the pastor of my father’s church just told me I cannot and should not marry my fiance. April 2017 made it 5 years we have been dating. It was also the month he proposed to me which I gladly accepted.

5 amazing years and it has been pure bliss. Not that we don’t have issues but we get to resolve these issues amicably. I have never had any course to regret this relationship. Our families both are cool and comfy with each other, and I had already started dreaming of a life together with him.

The pastor also went ahead to say that the marriage will be very smooth at the beginning but will be sour at the end. This part got to me and I was scared. Even to talk to him now is much of a problem, because I don’t know what to tell him.

I confided in some of my friends and was informed of the story of a man who was told not to marry his wife by a Prophet, that he is going to lose the woman, but he went against the instructions of the Pastor and married the woman. After the 5th wedding anniversary, she started falling sick. She fell sick and was bedridden for 5 years before she gave up the ghost on their 10th year of marriage.

One of my aunts also shared her story with me, that prior to when she got married, she was told by a Pastor not to marry her fiance, and broke up with the guy before she went to another Pastor who told her she should never leave the man of her life for anything in the world. This made her quickly run back to the man and now they have been together for 10 years. Marriage is waxing stronger.

I have tried praying to God being a strong christian to give me signs on knowing whether my fiance is the man as my husband or not, but I have not seemed to see any signs from God. The only thing I noticed was his calm, faithful and trustworthy nature which have been a part of him over the years.

Please I need help, what do I do? Our marriage is slated for November 2017 and I am torn between my personal convictions and the vision of the Pastor.

Prophets put a lot of curses into people's lives so that when the curses manifest, people can fear them and be scared to disobey their useless orders. If you love your man, don't push him away. If the pastor starts making prophesies that sound like curses into your future with your man, reject them in Jesus's mighty name.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
segunojo866:
continue lying. When you pray it's not an assurance. It's sample study the person and mention the person is God fearing. The atheist voice. Honestly i don't think it's necessary if the person is good in character than what stop you from getting married

Why will I lie, I don't even know her. When you ask your father for directions to a place he knows, I'm sure he won't turn you away or keep mute so you can get lost.

Don't call me a liar, you don't know me.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
Go ahead with the wedding.. He is the man for you
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by samsam2019: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
deturla:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Adetola

You people need to stop trying good Yoruba names by englishising it
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by tosyne2much(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
deturla:

Hmmmn!!!
Abi wetin you think?
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by jameshow: 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
Don't get it wrong even if God said you guys are compatible that doesn't mean you won't have issues in your marriage, misunderstandings are inevitable but you guys will settle all issues amicably there won't be irreconcilable issues between you. Because God knows your hidden characters and your partners too
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by deturla: 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
samsam2019:
Adetola

You people need to stop trying good Yoruba names by englishising it
grin grin grin

Focus on the post above and advise, please. wink
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by deturla: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
Abi wetin you think?

Well? I wan marry am before, because she be good babe, from wetin she don tell me. wink wink

I no think anything oh. Na im make me carry am come NL! grin grin grin
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by izaray(f): 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Sometimes we faill to understand, the ways of God will always differ from that of a man.

U can't just expect God to start given u ans immediately nah. keep seeking his face with an open

heart, and wait patiently on him, while you keep faith and hope alife without any doubt. You will

sure see his wonders in ur relationship matter, when you least expected. His the God that sees the end from the begining.

Dn't 4get his d God of zero hour miracle, the foundation layer of the whole wide world,

and once he calls d sky and the earth, they all come together at once b4 him. So why panic
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by BoyHuncho(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
Best thing is to seek the face of God "PERSONALLY" ..

Whatever he tells you..DO

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by segunojo866: 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
kennygee:

Why will I lie, I don't even know her. When you ask your father for directions to a place he knows, I'm sure he won't turn you away or keep mute so you can get lost.

Don't call me a liar, you don't know me.
you are still a learner dear. I have a very strong Christian friend that pray very hard before getting married he ask God for guidance after that he had a dream of him getting married to the girl, He later discussed with his spiritual father about the dream and the pastor also supported his decision. Surprisely after two years of marriage the girl got her self infected with HIV and transmit it to the innocent man. Currently the girl is dead and the man is still living with the virus.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by deturla: 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
segunojo866:
you are still a learner dear. I have a very strong Christian friend that pray very hard before getting married he ask God for guidance after that he had a dream of him getting married to the girl, He later discussed with his spiritual father about the dream and the pastor also supported his decision. Surprisely after two years of marriage the girl got her self infected with HIV and transmit it to the innocent man. Currently the girl is dead and the man is still living with the virus.

OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by segunojo866: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
deturla:

OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry
so it's not always about prayers. Someone needs to study the woman before getting married. Some dreams are what we think about. If you think about something too much you will eventually dream about it.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by machebechika: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
deturla:

5 amazing years and it has been pure bliss.http://www.lovepicturesdownload.com/2017/03/love-images-download.html]
[http://www.lovepicturesdownload.com] Not that we don’t have issues but we get to resolve these issues amicably. I have never had any course to regret this relationship. Our families both are cool and comfy with each other, and I had already started dreaming of a life together with him.

cc: lalasticlala
mynd44
Re: My Pastor Said I Cannot Marry My Fiance by machebechika: 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
wow the best advice I can give you is to pray and seek the face of God too many many advice will end up leaving you in a complete state of confusion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only For The Nairalander Ladies, Oya React To This (photo) / . / Please I'm Scared. Is My Girlfriend Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.