Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

5 Reasons We Love Android Devices - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices (15574 Views)

Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea / Best Music Player For Android Devices (Tested And Confirmed) / KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by emymeeky: 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by seunmohmoh(f): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
YOU ARE RYT
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by LikeCool(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
Andriod is better than iOS in many ways and vice versa, but I don't agree with you on the 3rd point; Andriod is never in any way better than iOS in terms of multitasking.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by windvane(m): 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
It's just like telling me why you love keke to Mercedes-Benz

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Nightking04(m): 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
Homeboiy:
Oya tell us why we love symbian n java
Games
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
wolextayo:
5 reasons why I love my iPhone
1. I'm free from people who always say 'Bros abeg send am gimme'
2. It can never be infected with virus as all apps are scrutiny verified by Apple
3. Infected songs may be downloaded into Xender and infect xender only. Delete xender and move on.
4. Suitable for the type of work I'm doing. (Ask me before you quote me)
5. Helped to gather lots of women in my life. (I don't take advantage of them tho, but I satisfy myself when I need to)
are u a developer....
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by wolextayo: 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
drunkcow:

are u a developer....
Hmmm. Anything you call it bro. All I know is that I'm legit

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
If yur in lagos and yur still under the I-phone spell raise ur hands lemme pray for yhu

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Donald7610: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
eezeribe:
Number 4 is so on point...
In Nigeria,using android phone and Google services is like running a petrol generator on petrol...
But using ios with Google services is like trying to modify your carburetor to work with cooking gas or solar panel.. Lolzzzzzzzzzz
Bros
You dey compare rivals to work together
iOS with Google service
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Maxvasia(m): 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
Android OS and iOS are not even in the same class. iOS is crappy, dull, dry, inflexible, cold, selfish, arrogant, and bereft of any sense of creativity and beauty. Only reason ppl use iOS:
1. VANITY and its cousin, CONCEIT
2. Wanting to belong to the Joneses
3. And the maintenance of the above via rigidity and narrow mindedness.

Android will forever be light years ahead of iOS. Period. And before u quote me thinking i speak like this cos i cannot afford and iOS device, u may want to take a closer look at me.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
wolextayo:

Hmmm. Anything you call it bro. All I know is that I'm legit
So na una de help us collect our money back
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by zeekeyboy: 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
Maxvasia:
Android OS and iOS are not even in the same class. iOS is crappy, dull, dry, inflexible, cold, selfish, arrogant, and bereft of any sense of creativity and beauty. Only reason ppl use iOS:

Android will forever be light years ahead of iOS. Period. And before u quote me thinking i speak like this cos i cannot afford and iOS device, u may want to take a close look at me again.

So on point the iphone 8 just proved what you said, see them copying forgotten android innovations. wireless charging, bezzeles design, oled screen etc...........The fact is apple died with innovation since when steeve died. E sure me say tim cook dey rock s8 for house. Lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Maxvasia(m): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
zeekeyboy:

So on point the iphone 8 just proved what you said, see them copying forgotten android innovations. wireless charging, bezzeles design, oled screen etc...........The fact is apple died with innovation since when steeve died. E sure me say tim cook dey rock s8 for house. Lol
are u minding them? OLED in an age of Super Amoled and OPTIC Amoled of OnePlus 3. I am sure Tim Cook uses OnePlus 3T. While iOS users here are still battling to use up 20% of their fone's functions.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by msturE: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
I will forever remain a fan of android...
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by slinkman(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
Maxvasia:

Android will forever be light years ahead of iOS. Period. And before u quote me thinking i speak like this cos i cannot afford and iOS device, u may want to take a closer look at me.
after taking closer look, I still think you cannot afford an ios !
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Maxvasia(m): 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
slinkman:
after taking closer look, I still think you cannot afford an ios !
Sorry guy, truth hurts, i understand. Ur iPhone is a good device, u hear? Sorry, u hear?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by slinkman(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
Maxvasia:
Sorry guy, truth hurts, i understand. Ur iPhone is a good device, u hear? Sorry, u hear?
ok!
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by wildchild02: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
If its not samsung, it can never be samsung grin

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by wolextayo: 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
drunkcow:
So na una de help us collect our money back
Lol. I'm not working with efcc na

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Icon79(m): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
As someone who has used practically all the best Samsung phones (Galaxy S4, S5, and S6 Edge +, Plus Galaxy Note 4 and 5), I can tell you that Samsung phones are not anywhere comparable to the Iphones. And I have only used iphone 5s and the 6s plus. In fact, my conclusion is that Samsung phones are for those who can't afford the iphone ... just like the Range Rover is the best car for those who can't afford the Lexus LX series.

I am never going to buy another Samsung phone again ... ever!

O pari

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by lebete3000: 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
What just trips me is the iTunes store Apple has. I'm really tired of Sammy jarey.
Used a Note 1, Galaxy NoteTab 10.1, now using a galaxy A5. I enjoyed my Air2 iTunes till they stole when my house was burgled. Used a Torch3 and bold 2 six 6 years ago.
I miss the exciting iTunes which is kinda different from others. It's something new that's already I'm bedded in a phone with me chatting with different artists through the app. Once had a chat with 50cent and Drake sef.

Unlike android that you'll have to download Spinlet, Boom player and etc. ITunes is kinda more solid and real.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by lebete3000: 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2017
Icon79:
As someone who has used practically all the best Samsung phones (Galaxy S4, S5, and S6 Edge +, Plus Galaxy Note 4 and 5), I can tell you that Samsung phones are not anywhere comparable to the Iphones. And I have only used iphone 5s and the 6s plus. In fact, my conclusion is that Samsung phones are for those who can't afford the iphone ... just like the Range Rover is the best car for those who can't afford the Lexus LX series.

I am never going to buy another Samsung phone again ... ever!

O pari

I noticed that too with my Air2.
What just trips me is the iTunes store Apple has. I'm really tired of Sammy jarey.
Used a Note 1, Galaxy NoteTab 10.1, now using a galaxy A5. I enjoyed my Air2 iTunes till they stole when my house was burgled. Used a Torch3 and bold 2 six 6 years ago.
I miss the exciting iTunes which is kinda different from others. It's something new that's already I'm bedded in a phone with me chatting with different artists through the app. Once had a chat with 50cent and Drake sef.

Unlike android that you'll have to download Spinlet, Boom player and etc. ITunes is kinda more solid and real.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by lebete3000: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
And here was I almost falling for the S7. Abeggy make I jejely go snuggle one iphone 6s jarey. I don need the plus to it.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Icon79(m): 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
Very well said. Samsung can copy Apple all they want but they can never clone the iphone. It's all about the operating system. The ios operating system is the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. It very well optimized and the android doesn't come even close.
That's why an average Samsung phones would have all those high level specs like 4GB Ram etc. but an iphone with a supposedly lesser specs would outperform them hands down.

O pari

lebete3000:

I noticed that too with my Air2.

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
Someone should please buy me TECNO L9 PLUS
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by lebete3000: 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
Icon79:
Very well said. Samsung can copy Apple all they want but they can never clone the iphone. It's all about the operating system. The ios operating system is the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. It very well optimized and the android doesn't come even close.
That's why an average Samsung phones would have all those high level specs like 4GB Ram etc. but an iphone with a supposedly lesser specs would outperform them hands down.

O pari

O pari men.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by IbBarham(m): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
So on point. Android all the way
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by nextstep(m): 7:03pm On Sep 15, 2017
Reasons to prefer iPhone (and none of it to do with social status/consciousness):

1. Design. From the font choices, to the menus, to color, to buttons sizes, to how the apps work together, the iPhone consistently delivers a smoother user experience. The difference between iPhone and Android is a carryover from the difference between MacOs and Linux, where the former feels well thought out by designers, and the latter slapped together by engineers.

2. Ease of use. Again, designers vs engineers. You pick up an iphone 9.9 times out of 10 you will succeed in the task you want to accomplish, pretty easily. On the Android it's hit or miss (they've been getting better, but it's taken many iterations of AndroidOS to get to where iOS was 4 years ago)

3. Simplicity/continuity. Read somewhere how to do something? On iPhone you can replicate those steps pretty easily. On Android, the proliferation of manufacturers and models makes it much harder to be sure that you can replicate those same steps.

4. Tight integration with other Apple hardware: pair airpods with iPhone. Now pair other headphones with Android. Uh huh. Again, other manufacturers have caught up somewhat, but getting Apple hardware to talk to each other is effortless. Not the same with other manufacturers.

That said, the Android platform has enabled manufacturers to experiment and release features years ahead of Apple (e.g. NFC, payments, app store, waterproof, edge-to-edge screen, fingerprinting, pattern unlock, dual sim, expandable storage, wireless charging). And not too long ago(4,4s days), Apple was making fun of Samsung's large phones... I guess Samsung better understood the market.

There's a lot of value in simplicity... not everybody has the time, willingness to tweak and customize to their hearts content... but they have the money/desire to buy something that has fewer knobs and just works.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
eezeribe:
Number 4 is so on point...
In Nigeria,using android phone and Google services is like running a petrol generator on petrol...
But using ios with Google services is like trying to modify your carburetor to work with cooking gas or solar panel.. Lolzzzzzzzzzz
The most important is affordability
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by UncutSk(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
IPhone is trash
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by oriewanbe: 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
I want to start watching analogue TV on my android phone o. Some java phones still have TV. I've missed tv on phone and na these iPhone people cause am.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package / Updated : How To Download Youtube Videos(No Application Needed) / Blackberry In Nigeria: Thanks to Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.