Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

5 Reasons We Love Android Devices - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices (15575 Views)

Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea / Best Music Player For Android Devices (Tested And Confirmed) / KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by oriewanbe: 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
burkingx:
grin
is this you?
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Rick9(m): 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
Android is too flexible for my liking, it allows me to do virtually anything at a faster pace,
Android is so smooth when using it with Google Products & Services.
Honestly I see iPhone like BlackBerry, am not hating on iPhone, but I would gladly pick a Droid over an iPhone
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Dtarmon(m): 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2017
Icon79:
As someone who has used practically all the best Samsung phones (Galaxy S4, S5, and S6 Edge +, Plus Galaxy Note 4 and 5), I can tell you that Samsung phones are not anywhere comparable to the Iphones. And I have only used iphone 5s and the 6s plus. In fact, my conclusion is that Samsung phones are for those who can't afford the iphone ... just like the Range Rover is the best car for those who can't afford the Lexus LX series.

I am never going to buy another Samsung phone again ... ever!

O pari

Tell us why... Are you saying iPhone is luxury?
What do u use your iPhone for?
What can your iPhone do?
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Dtarmon(m): 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
lebete3000:
What just trips me is the iTunes store Apple has. I'm really tired of Sammy jarey.
Used a Note 1, Galaxy NoteTab 10.1, now using a galaxy A5. I enjoyed my Air2 iTunes till they stole when my house was burgled. Used a Torch3 and bold 2 six 6 years ago.
I miss the exciting iTunes which is kinda different from others. It's something new that's already I'm bedded in a phone with me chatting with different artists through the app. Once had a chat with 50cent and Drake sef.

Unlike android that you'll have to download Spinlet, Boom player and etc. ITunes is kinda more solid and real.

SMH...
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Dtarmon(m): 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
lebete3000:
And here was I almost falling for the S7. Abeggy make I jejely go snuggle one iphone 6s jarey. I don need the plus to it.
Coming from a note 1 user in 2017.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Dtarmon(m): 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
Icon79:
Very well said. Samsung can copy Apple all they want but they can never clone the iphone. It's all about the operating system. The ios operating system is the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. It very well optimized and the android doesn't come even close.
That's why an average Samsung phones would have all those high level specs like 4GB Ram etc. but an iphone with a supposedly lesser specs would outperform them hands down.

O pari

What are the features that Samsung copied. Educate us
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Dtarmon(m): 10:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
nextstep:
Reasons to prefer iPhone (and none of it to do with social status/consciousness):

1. Design. From the font choices, to the menus, to color, to buttons sizes, to how the apps work together, the iPhone consistently delivers a smoother user experience. The difference between iPhone and Android is a carryover from the difference between MacOs and Linux, where the former feels well thought out by designers, and the latter slapped together by engineers.

2. Ease of use. Again, designers vs engineers. You pick up an iphone 9.9 times out of 10 you will succeed in the task you want to accomplish, pretty easily. On the Android it's hit or miss (they've been getting better, but it's taken many iterations of AndroidOS to get to where iOS was 4 years ago)

3. Simplicity/continuity. Read somewhere how to do something? On iPhone you can replicate those steps pretty easily. On Android, the proliferation of manufacturers and models makes it much harder to be sure that you can replicate those same steps.

4. Tight integration with other Apple hardware: pair airpods with iPhone. Now pair other headphones with Android. Uh huh. Again, other manufacturers have caught up somewhat, but getting Apple hardware to talk to each other is effortless. Not the same with other manufacturers.

That said, the Android platform has enabled manufacturers to experiment and release features years ahead of Apple (e.g. NFC, payments, app store, waterproof, edge-to-edge screen, fingerprinting, pattern unlock, dual sim, expandable storage, wireless charging). And not too long ago(4,4s days), Apple was making fun of Samsung's large phones... I guess Samsung better understood the market.

There's a lot of value in simplicity... not everybody has the time, willingness to tweak and customize to their hearts content... but they have the money/desire to buy something that has fewer knobs and just works.

Finally cool someone who can see beyond luxury
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Icon79(m): 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
Yup. Iphone is a status symbol. You can say the same about Samsung.

O pari

Dtarmon:

Tell us why... Are you saying iPhone is luxury?
What do u use your iPhone for?
What can your iPhone do?
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Icon79(m): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
Where do I start? In fact, they ripped everything, except for the iOS operating system, from the iPhone.
Don't you remember when Apple sued Samsung for copyrights infringements?

O pari

Dtarmon:

What are the features that Samsung copied. Educate us
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by dadasupremacy(m): 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
Which Samsung phone comes with a good battery and is affordable, my s4 battery is not good at all probably I should get another battery or change the phone
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by chiraqDemon(m): 1:28am On Sep 16, 2017
I love apple for the swag but I prefer android for functionality. That's why I will always buy Samsung over apple.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by chiraqDemon(m): 1:29am On Sep 16, 2017
Icon79:
Where do I start? In fact, they ripped everything, except for the iOS operating system, from the iPhone.

O pari

And then years down the line apple started playing catch up grin
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Emeka71(m): 2:32am On Sep 16, 2017
NOKIA N8 is better.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by lebete3000: 2:54am On Sep 16, 2017
Dtarmon:

Coming from a note 1 user in 2017.

Did you read where I put "Used?"

No wonder JAMB had to put UME cutoff at 120...if you can't comprehend something as simple as this I wonder what you'll grasp then...your smartphone is prolly smarter than you are undecided
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by lastbaff(m): 5:00am On Sep 16, 2017
Even price matters; especially for those who have a low budget. Here's a list of cheap Android phones below 30k.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Icon79(m): 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
Nope. Actually, what Apples does is to take a few Samsung's design and make it better.
We call that innovation grin

O pari

chiraqDemon:

And then years down the line apple started playing catch up grin
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by chiraqDemon(m): 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2017
Icon79:
Nope. Actually, what Apples does is to take a few Samsung's design and make it better.
We call that innovation grin

O pari

Nah. I Still see Sammy as the better one.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Floridax(m): 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2017
team Android ...we love you
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by tumaylah: 11:31am On Sep 17, 2017
Once Apple has this music player called POWERAMP in their store am all there's.....
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Ennyholar: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2017
Affordability reason I bought the tecno spark

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Dtarmon(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Icon79:
Yup. Iphone is a status symbol. You can say the same about Samsung.

O pari

Lol
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Dtarmon(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
Icon79:

O pari

I know the design ish then. But smartphones have moved on since.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Dtarmon(m): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
lebete3000:

Did you read where I put "Used?"

No wonder JAMB had to put UME cutoff at 120...if you can't comprehend something as simple as this I wonder what you'll grasp then...your smartphone is prolly smarter than you are undecided

Apologies, no timeline to your usage. But still you were off point
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by lebete3000: 2:16am On Sep 18, 2017
Dtarmon:

Apologies, no timeline to your usage. But still you were off point

Confused kid.
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by Dtarmon(m): 4:37am On Sep 18, 2017
lebete3000:

Confused kid.

LOL... Note 1 master. I salute
Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by lebete3000: 7:57am On Sep 19, 2017
Dtarmon:

While.....

Re: 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices by lebete3000: 7:58am On Sep 19, 2017
Dtarmon:

Meanwhile.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Out With G-bam Hi5ive Youth Package / Updated : How To Download Youtube Videos(No Application Needed) / Blackberry In Nigeria: Thanks to Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.