Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,948 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos (1125 Views)

Presidency Hawks Want FG To Seize Bonga Over $9.6bn Judgment Debt / Governor Udom Emmanuel Donates N1m To Orphaned UNIUYO Student Who Hawks Food / Governor Ugwuanyi Gives Money To Woman Who Hawks Pure Water As She Cries (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by PerfectFortune: 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
NAIJ Faces

"I started selling cooked Ofada rice four years ago. I sell majorly by hawking the rice round Yaba axis.

When there was no means to further my education after graduating from Dolphin High School in 2007, I started learning from my mother who used to sell Ofada rice.
I am married with a kid and I feed myself and my family with the money I make from this business. I make about N25,000 daily from the sales of the Ofada rice and my profit from this amount is about N6000 to N8000.

My wife has joined me in this business; she sells Ofada in Alaba market. Interestingly, my brother also sells rice. I cook the Ofada rice I sell myself.

We also cook at parties for people who are interested in having the Ofada rice at their events.

People laugh at me when they see me hawking the food. But then, I am 29 years old and I need to survive against all odds.

I learnt the art of sculpting and molding objects by the side too. I am Adeniyi Hammed, I come from Lagos Island.

This is my story!"

1 Like

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by HungerBAD: 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2017
God bless your hustle Sir.

God will connect you to a helper that will take your brand,and business to an international level.

I am encouraged by this.

6 Likes

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by LUGBE: 4:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
Really touching, man must survive
Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by Ballack1(m): 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2017
At least you no do yahoo.

2 Likes

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by shukuokukobambi: 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
This is an inspiring story

I wish him all the best in his hustle

3 Likes

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by decatalyst(m): 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2017
IPODs be like "we have finally seen an AFONJA that is not Hawking SKULL grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by Lucasbalo(m): 5:11pm On Sep 16, 2017
Gbam.
Ballack1:
At least you no do yahoo.

1 Like

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by kn23h(m): 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2017
decatalyst:
IPODs be like "we have finally seen an AFONJA that is not Hawking SKULL grin grin

When can I see a flat head that isn't hawking cocaine sugar and SKULL? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by Hofbrauhaus(m): 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
This is the level that Nigeria system wants her people to remain...To be perpetual beggars.

A fine young man like this hawking rice, tufiakwa!

It shall not be well with all those that destroyed Nigeria and subjected her people to slavery.

3 Likes

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by Aphrygian(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2017
There is dignity in labour, no brother to insult u, no mother to be on ur neck and finally ur wife will not wake u up with sliding takle simply cos u took the bull by the horn.

2 Likes

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by Ladipodeal: 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:
This is the level that Nigeria system wants her people to remain...To be perpetual beggars.

It shall not be well with all those that destroyed Nigeria and subjected her people to slavery.
The young man makes 7k average daily, that means he makes over 150k monthly. How many civil servant at both state and federal earns that much?
You must be a level 16 principal in states like Oyo and Osun to earn this figure.

1 Like

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by gabng(m): 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2017
What he & his likes need.

The focus is now how to have people like him have them on hire purchase.

Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by Ugoeze2016: 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2017
God bless your hustle abeg pass me one egg
Re: Meet A Father Of One Who Hawks Ofada Rice On The Street Of Lagos by ImperialYoruba: 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

View it as personal business ownership. He is not answering yes oga to anyone and sets his own time schedule

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Finally Writes, Blasts Presidency (pics) / 'States are now beggars' - Southern Governors Demand True Federalism, Restruc / Poverty Rate In The North Alarming, Says Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.