Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

The Dangers Of Calling Ipob Terrorists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dangers Of Calling Ipob Terrorists (508 Views)

The Abomination Of Calling Saraki A Thief At Ojude Oba Festival / Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists ā€“ Soyinka Explode / IPOB "Terrorists" Get Permit To Demonstrate At The Capitol, The US Congress - Pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dangers Of Calling Ipob Terrorists by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2017
Invading peaceful Igboland may not be the greatest mistake of the Nigerian military, but it is calling peaceful Igbo children terrorists. Will this hateful declaration make Igbos accept, love and build Nigeria? Is this declaration not exposing the injustices Kanu has been talking about? How can you kill someone's father and expect the son to like you? I think the military is regreting making this dangerously historic statement. It should not have come out of Nigerian military that is supposed to be an unbiased umpire. Since IPOB has attracted international recognition Nigeria may have to convince the world whose intention has been drawn that the declaration is not a child's play. While Igbos are cautious so that the military will not kill innocent people on the pretence of fighting terrorism, the world stands in wonderment waiting for the military for evidence. It is a bitter truth to hear that in every Igboman, there is Biafra. Can it be now said every Igboman is a terrorist? You cannot use a machete to kill a mosquito that perches on your neck. That is what the army has done. Another history has been made and Kanu is an enigma many people do not understand. Now he has shaken Nigeria and APC is begging Nigerians to accept restructuring. Many who will benefit from this change may be among those abusing Kanu. Say no to violence, injustice and victimization.
Re: The Dangers Of Calling Ipob Terrorists by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2017
Re: The Dangers Of Calling Ipob Terrorists by KillJoy62(m): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2017
every igbo is a biafran, and that makes all igbo a terrorist by the Nigerian government.
Re: The Dangers Of Calling Ipob Terrorists by aolawale025: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2017
When you label someone or a people "terrorist". They go to ground. It's better to manage an organisation to arrive at a negotiated end. Show of force doesn't solve any thing
Re: The Dangers Of Calling Ipob Terrorists by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2017
Igbo is an ethnic group but IPOB is a terrorist group.

Though IPOB membership may be predominantly Igbo, it doesn't make the group synonymous to Igbo. Even Ohanaeze Indigbo cannot be synonymous with Igbo, hence, we have many Igbos that doesn't believe in Ohanaeze and don't identify with them but it doesn't stop them from being Igbo.

Biafra is an Ideology and not all believers of Biafra ideology are in sync with IPOB or their methodology. In other words, all Biafra apostles are not under IPOB even though all IPOB apostles are proBiafra. There are Pro-Biafrans that aren't part of IPOB and their are Igbos that neither subscribe to IPOB nor Biafra itself.

IPOB (group) remains a terrorist organization but it doesn't mean ALL Biafra believers (ideology) are terrorists nor all Igbos (tribe) are terrorists.

I don't expect IPOB because their combined IQ is less than 50
Re: The Dangers Of Calling Ipob Terrorists by gsmphoneseller: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2017
Every Igbo man is a BIAFRAN by nature and owe no apologies to any Yoruba or Fulani terrorist.....

Declaring the indigenous people of BIAFRA a terrorist group is just to give the world a reason to commence ethnic cleansing of the indigenous people of BIAFRA......

But, trust me, terrorists don't have uniforms but Nigerian army/military do and I believe you know what I mean...

Nigerian army will ever regret this act of cowardice of proscribing IPOB a terror group......

The main thing may ................
Re: The Dangers Of Calling Ipob Terrorists by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 17, 2017
Tonyebarnista, it is below my dignity to join you in insulting people you may have never seen or met. For you to say people's IQ is below 50 places a question on your sanity. You've allowed hate to lead to judgement. If terrorism involves using sticks and stones to defend oneself before armed soldiers, then we are all terrorists including you. Will you also lie that you never touched stone or stick? Self-determination is an inalienable right. Kanu would have been arrested in UK If his group is violent. my dear don't support injustice so that you don't incur the wraths of God.

(1) (Reply)

Is The Python Dance Exclusively For Abia State? . / IPOB: Lai Mohammed Accuses Treasury Looters Of Sponsoring IPOB / I Will Not Be Intimidated By FG, Iā€™m Not A Cultist ā€“ Wike Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.