Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help (11979 Views)

Telemundo Is Affecting My Relationship;please Help / Introversion Is Destroying My Relationship, Please Help!!! / Tired Of This Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by leye1234(m): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2010
@ poster
you claim to be very pretty. Can you kindly post a picture? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by lahips: 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2010
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Nescoemmy(m): 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2010
avoid him for like a week or two,i mean total avoidance no calls bar his line,then closely monitor his reactions if u are still confused then serve him with the ultimatum and be prepared for the worst.after this u will not need a second person to tell u what to do.best of lucks!
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by buchiwet: 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
its always like that, just have to take it easy.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by tynuade: 5:08pm On Mar 03, 2010
most guys want to always eat their cake nd av it at once. its very possible he loves u nd is still communicatn with his ex.
please give him some more time.if he doesn't change. walk away.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by UtchmanO: 5:35pm On Mar 03, 2010
If you love him, do all you can to hold him.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by pady2: 5:41pm On Mar 03, 2010
i agree wit the tots of many on this topic.i hv a similiar experience wit my ex.i cldnt love another for a long time.i made up my mind one day to completely forget abt her and love  someone else.i did and that was hw i was able to let go of her.today am happily married to someone beautiful in form and heart.so until your boyfriend decide to completely let go of his ex, he wldnt love you completely.word.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by sasore23: 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2010
who caressssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss grin
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by cescjay(m): 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2010
as the days go by ,does he talk less about his ex?if yes then there is a tendency of getting him over her.does he show that he really loves you?
do you have the patience to stand the ex's drama when ever it starts?if the answers to all the above questions are yes then I think you guys can work things out and time will heal his pains.
if no the other hand the answers to the above questions are then think you should move on cos personally i wouldnt advice you to be your future husbands 2nd best.
dont expect to meet prince charming when you move on,everyman has his plus and minus.good luck
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by azubaby(f): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2010
gurl, jos run, 4get d gjavascript:void(0);uy, he dosent deserve a faithful partner like u,
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by adaphik(f): 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2010
sad
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Outstrip(f): 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
He is not over his ex
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by H2O2: 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2010
Sure they might be over, but he ain't completely over it yet. Believe moi. It might take him a while to get over her. Dude must have had some strong emotional connection to her or something.

People don't like ultimatums, but like someone advised you an ultimatum might be in order. No need to force him to choose you.
Give him the "we need to talk" speech. Let him know where you stand, and if things cannot change you should move on.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by MsTom(f): 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
If you are having this much stress b4 marriage, then I would say yes. You dont need to patch any relationship. Face it squarely. If he cant change now, he would never change after marriage. If he still puts her pictures in his laptop, have secret conversations with her and talks about her, he is mos def not over her and is just using you to fill a void. most likely se.x. He is still in love with her and is still trying to get her back. Move on girl. You dont need this.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2010
Shanice111, baby girl be wise about it. Talk to him; like have a SERIOUS sit down with him. I'm not trying to change how you feel about him but this sounds like a rebound relationship hun. No need to feel victimized, take control and have a dialogue. Don't accuse, and dont make irration decisions such as accept th engagement or completely blow him off, instead try to understand one another and get to the bottom of it. The human heart is but an organ that can be replaced but our emotions, the feelings in our gut are VERY real and as humans we deal with situations differently. Take care. I wish you all the best. Don't worry about trying to compete with his ex, you are the lady right now so talk to your man  wink.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by taiwolu: 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2010
much have been said, my sincere advice is,tell him what u want (to delete d ex pics and stop answer her) and state d consequence of his action. by doing this u will know what to do next. DONT DOUBLE DATE, U MIGHT END UP LOSING BOTH. believe on God for d best,
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Favor4all(m): 1:43am On Mar 04, 2010
Many thanks for all the replies I really do appreciate as my heart was burdened. I have thought very seriously about the spare thing as I actually do have someone else who is so eager to call me his. I have never cheated on anyone in my life and I don't want to God willing. I have met his family he has met mine thats the hope I have in this relationship but I would get a back up, I wont be intimate with the person but it has become necessary!!!

Well if u feel like he's treating u as 2nd best and u don't like it then y contemplate of doing same to someone else. In my opinion that is not fair.
U really need to try and learn to feel secure in ur relationship. It may take sometime for some people to be completely healed of their former relationship. So u might need to give him some time and also discuss the issue with him. Communicating with him might just be the only magic u need to turn things around because he may never know how u feel regarding the whole issue unless u let him know. Goodluck.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by na2day2(m): 3:07am On Mar 04, 2010
Shanice111:

My boyfriend and I have had series of issues because of the hurt he suffered from his ex girlfriend. We have gone over the issue over and over again and I have watched him feel very sad whenever he remembers his experience with her. He has never told me the cause of their break up as he says its not important that one day he will tell me. He claims to love me but still keeps pictures of this lady on his laptop. My pictures are there as well but I don't know why he hasn't deleted pictures he took four years ago!!!

I used to feel very jealous anytime he brought up her issue in a conversation but these days I am indifferent. He has been having some secret calls and I suspect they still communicate. He claims to love me and has even proposed marriage (No rings yet though) but I do not want to be anyone's second best. I have asked him to go back to her if he still loves her but he says its me he wants. He says she has moved on and is dating someone else. I am really confused as I am very pretty still get admired daily. I don't want to marry the wrong man? Somebody please advise me on what to do as I love this guy but am losing patience because of this ex insecurity!!!!!

how do u know u are pretty? kindly put up a pic for me to analyze grin grin grin
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Nobody: 3:21am On Mar 04, 2010
Trust me, it wont take long before he realizes he could take his ex-back.
But gurl, free the guy and move on,life is too short jor
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by ravenzord(m): 3:24am On Mar 04, 2010
na2day?:

how do u know u are pretty? kindly put up a pic for me to analyze grin grin grin

HEHE, Inspector Na2day
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by na2day2(m): 3:35am On Mar 04, 2010
ravenzord:

HEHE, Inspector Na2day

i just dey do my civil duty to the world ooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by adaphik(f): 4:02am On Mar 04, 2010
@ Poster, i dont think u would love 2 b with d wrong person 4 life. II think for starters, see urself as d madam, n as being d madam, u have a right to do anyth with respect to your r/ship. so madam confirm ur capacity now, delete d pictures n her number on his phone. What ever happens thereafter wld give u a clearer picture of where u stand.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by na2day2(m): 4:04am On Mar 04, 2010
adaphik:

@ Poster, i dont think u would love 2 b with d wrong person 4 life. II think for starters, see urself as d madam, n as being d madam, u have a right to do anyth with respect to your r/ship. so madam confirm your capacity now, delete d pictures n her number on his phone. What ever happens thereafter wld give u a clearer picture of where u stand.

so ur plan is to make her have a fight with her bf and then lose him so that u can go in?
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by adaphik(f): 4:11am On Mar 04, 2010
& by the way, he isnt d only dude on earth.  You deserve a better treatment girl.     If he isnt ready to behave striaght, act like u no longer give a hoot, & see his response. From there u make ur decision. @ na2day, i no fit go through wetin she dey go through. A fight would be uncalled for.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by na2day2(m): 4:15am On Mar 04, 2010
adaphik:

& by the way, he isnt d only dude on earth.  You deserve a better treatment girl.     If he isnt ready to behave striaght, act like u no longer give a hoot, & see his response. From there u make your decision. @ na2day, i no fit go through wetin she dey go through. A fight would be uncalled for.

are u in PH for real?
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by comechop(m): 6:53am On Mar 04, 2010
na2day?:

i just dey do my civil duty to the world ooo grin grin grin grin

Chai Oga na2day?, your username just make me laff well well for here o
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by na2day2(m): 6:56am On Mar 04, 2010
comechop:

Chai Oga na2day?, your username just make me laff well well for here o

bros, u own sef carry weight smiley smiley smiley
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by sandraa(f): 9:04am On Mar 04, 2010
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by omoovie(f): 9:20am On Mar 04, 2010
Bah
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 04, 2010

It hurts when someone we loves doesn't love us back, this guys' heart belongs to someone else, he is using you to overcome his heartbreak and i bet you once the girl comes back he will rush back into her arms bcs thats where his hrt belong. IF this guy really loves you enough as he claimed , your being into his life would have allays  his pains,and make him to forget his Ex, but it doesn't. Remember that most pple rush into another relationship immediately they broke up just to heal their wounds.

For me, don't delete the pics of his EX, it is not the solution, bcs if u delete her pics from his Laptop, will you also delete her from his heart & Mind?. Please sit him down , Tell him that you need  a break in the relationship, make sure you tell him d reason for the break, during this period tell  him to go and think and conclude on  whom he wants, if he calls you back give him your conditions. [/color]
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by suxes2005(m): 10:56am On Mar 04, 2010
Dnt call it off.

Lyk d 1st reply, an ultimatum will do the work

Sit him down and talk sense into his brain
Let him tell u d reason why dey broke and
also query him about the secret call.

Dnt 4get, its ur life and once u r married,
its final. So it berra 2 av a break relationship
than a marriage of Mr n Mrs Bill

SHALOM
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by suggyspic: 11:32am On Mar 04, 2010
Shanice111: i think the best thing u can do now is to know how important u r to him. no second fiddle. tell him hw u feel and give him a definite stand. what do u really want yourself. The best advise is the one u give your self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian lady shows off her bare breast in a fishnet top (Video) / I Saw This On My Bed!! When I Opened The Door ..advise Needed / Sex On A First Date - Does It Kill A Potential Relationship ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.