Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help (11978 Views)

Telemundo Is Affecting My Relationship;please Help / Introversion Is Destroying My Relationship, Please Help!!! / Tired Of This Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by poceda(f): 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2010
@ sadraa, girl much as I agree with you, why should you call ASSISTANT PASTOR wey never put ring for your hand BABY outside? His office demands more from him as he is not just an ordinary person but a man of God wey PEOPLE they look up to. I think he expects you to show more decorum for him anytime you guys are out. I think you really hurt him so all those your bragging ,girl put am for basket and show some remorse. Appologise to your man, the real 'men' are scarce trust me. Dont mind all these things parading themselves as men oh, dem no be am.

@cyblez I totally agree that you can delete from computer but what about the heart and mind? Be that as it may, the deleting has to start from somewhere so girl start from the computer later face the mind. Besides I read somewhere that Men believe more in what they see while women what they hear? is that right?

@Shanice 111, I dont know what to tell you cos you are the one wearing the shoes so you know were its pinching you. It can be painful when the one you love pines away for someone else as if you by their side is not a human being. In this case I will say take your stand but pls dont cheat cos you will still be at the losing end, are we not always at the losing end any way. But like I always say, I refuse to live my life with another persons dream cos that dream might never come so I dream myself and live.

Madlady where are you? Long time.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by WUNMYTE(f): 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2010
girl, dnt let dat bother u much , just tell him, u dnt like it and tell him to chose between u or the chick, u cant continue like dis, the earlier u know ur status in his life, the better for u, dnt let dat bother u
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Flakky26(f): 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2010
Abeg call it off.It is obvious you don't trust this guy,and there is absolutely no point staying in relationship where your partner cannot be trusted.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by yjay(f): 5:28pm On Mar 04, 2010
@sandra ur story is funny & sweet at the same time, i guess its cos of his job & pple look up to him but at the same time nothing wrong in calling him baby jare, keep apologising ok he ll come around
@poster, just talk to him like uve been advised, if u feel there's nothing to hold on to after the talk then DUMP him x
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Eaglebabe: 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2010
Ring to me is just like anything.So ring or no ring he can still do what he wants to do.Ladies be wise.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by MsTom(f): 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2010
Eaglebabe:

Ring to me is just like anything.So ring or no ring he can still do what he wants to do.Ladies be wise.

Even married men can cheat even with their wedding rings on.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by feelncrazy: 11:03pm On Mar 04, 2010
OMG! Please turn and walk away and do not look back at this man that is using you. If you are not first in his heart, after God, then you are not the one for him, Trust me! I does not make him a bad person, it just makes that situation not good. You were meant to be happy, loved and completely fullfilled. Wait for that!
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by fifi09(f): 12:00am On Mar 05, 2010
Like I said before… We all know the saying "Actions Speak Louder Then Words" and in a mans world this is so true.

Ladies, you don't want a man to "settle" for you; your partner should see you as his first choice or something is wrong.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by henriee(f): 8:46am On Mar 05, 2010
sorry bout your situation ShaniceIII, there's a lot of advice here on what you should do & not do, ultimately though, I'd advise you to pray about it and listen to what God speaks to your heart. Afterall, you are going to live with your decision, not us. All the best! smiley
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by princewell: 10:06am On Mar 05, 2010
My dear, this is the voice of wisdom, so listen: If he is not into u then he is not met for u, It's hard to take action, that's why we need thick emotional skin when it comes to relationships. All the same, u can talk to him about it again, if u dont experience changes, QUIT THE RELATIONSHIP OR GET BURNT, THE CHOICE is up to u.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Aolly(f): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2010
call off the relationship with immediate effect, this guy will dump you when he settles with his ex, it has happened to a friend of mine before. call if off b4 it is too late.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Shanice111: 10:49am On Mar 06, 2010
Okay many thanks people you have all been so so kind. Yesterday I gave him an ultimatum either me or the girl. He deleted her pictures immediately. While I was rejoicing that I finally had my man back guess who called his ex? This time he told her that he was with his wife and that he would appreciate if she stopped calling as it was straining our relationship. This morning I woke up to find an engagement ring under my pillow with my man naked on his knees lol he said I value you above all exes please marry me and join me in this journey called life. I cried was happpy but said I would think about it. I took the ring though but dint wear it but as soon as I get off work 2day am going to him to say yes. I have prayed and I do love him I was not even able to get a side gig cos am devoted to this man! Okay leemme finish work and go home!Thanks peoples best wishes in your relationships!
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by deor03(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2010
Shanice111:

Okay many thanks people you have all been so so kind. Yesterday I gave him an ultimatum either me or the girl. He deleted her pictures immediately. While I was rejoicing that I finally had my man back guess who called his ex? This time he told her that he was with his wife and that he would appreciate if she stopped calling as it was straining our relationship. This morning I woke up to find an engagement ring under my pillow with my man unclothed on his knees lol he said I value you above all exes please marry me and join me in this journey called life. I cried was happpy but said I would think about it. I took the ring though but dint wear it but as soon as I get off work 2day am going to him to say yes. I have prayed and I do love him I was not even able to get a side gig cos am devoted to this man! Okay leemme finish work and go home!Thanks peoples best wishes in your relationships!

I am crying cry cry cry cry cry

Kudos to Nairalanders
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 06, 2010
Shanice111:

Okay many thanks people you have all been so so kind. Yesterday I gave him an ultimatum either me or the girl. He deleted her pictures immediately. While I was rejoicing that I finally had my man back guess who called his ex? This time he told her that he was with his wife and that he would appreciate if she stopped calling as it was straining our relationship. This morning I woke up to find an engagement ring under my pillow with my man unclothed on his knees lol he said I value you above all exes please marry me and join me in this journey called life. I cried was happpy but said I would think about it. I took the ring though but dint wear it but as soon as I get off work 2day am going to him to say yes. I have prayed and I do love him I was not even able to get a side gig cos am devoted to this man! Okay leemme finish work and go home!Thanks peoples best wishes in your relationships!

Are you sure he told her off whilst she was still on line, cos you need to be sure he truly talked to her and not a dead end

If so, then he did a good thing
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Busybody2(f): 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2010
^^^Aaarrgh, jenny, why you come pour sand for garri na I was just starting to be overcome with this warm fuzzy feeling and was about taking leave of my senses, with my head starting to float in the clouds and beginning to believe in true love THEN YOU COME AND SPOIL IT WITH YOUR KILLJOY POST ABOVE, AARRGH, YOU ARE A SPOILSPORT, LOL.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by na2day2(m): 7:23pm On Mar 06, 2010
Busy_body:

^^^Aaarrgh, jenny, why you come pour sand for garri na I was just starting to be overcome with this warm fuzzy feeling and was about taking leave of my senses, with my head starting to float in the clouds and beginning to believe in true love THEN YOU COME AND SPOIL IT WITH YOUR KILLJOY POST ABOVE, AARRGH, YOU ARE A SPOILSPORT, LOL.

no mind her, spoil sport but i honestly had the same feeling

@ OP

i wish u the best
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Shanice111: 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2010
People I have done what my mum asked me not to do. I went to seek out this woman. If I am going to wear his ring I need to know for sure, if I knew I wont have posted on nairaland or asked all my girl friends for advice. I saw the lady at an eatery today I arranged this with my man's friend ( who she is still in contact with). I told my man to come pick me from work that my car was faulty. On our way home, I told him we should stop off to get food, well we ended up in the same eatery his friend and his ex was in. She died a million times when she saw us the look on her face was priceless! My man was confused, I went to his friend and said hello and asked to be introduced 2 his friend ( d ex). His friend played along, we all sat together. I enjoyed the way they wanted 2 jump out of their skins. Anyways I spared him the misery as I made excuses that we had 2 leave, poor soul he looked lost. I told him everything in the car, he kept saying he deserves it he has been cruel to me by keeping her for so long and he wants me in his life. After 4years relationship I finally know they broke up because she cheated and he had difficulties letting go as he really loved her. He said I changed all that bla bla bla anyways somehow now more than ever I feel free. Ah I feel free, make I talk am again I feel free, ah. My man shaking, begging me not to leave him am the one he wants after all the stress, nights of checking his messages haba abeg I feel free. We fixed introduction for end of the month but am not sleeping in his house for a while!!! I don wear my ring o jare I dey marry this man he's my soul mate, I dont know what 2mrw brings but like my mum says I will finally bury all insecurities and pray 4 d best! Na wah who said trusting some1 was easy?
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by alakee: 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2010
My dear im currently in a similar situation its just that he hates his ex. with passion.
however,he feels insecure that i mght turn out to be like his ex'es.what am confused of now is,if he loves me as much as he claims and he's immediate ex. wrong deeds has nothing to do with his behavours sometimes,how come he avoids talking about marriage and to make matters worse i dont know a single soul in his family & we've been together for almost two years .i have thought of secretly seeing sm1 else,but its against everything i stand for as a woman & above all am a christian.i dont encourage u to cheat or start seeing sm1 else even if u wont be intimate with him.dont do it.
someone pls advise,should i leave him?
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by OBLONG(m): 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2010
Shanice111:

People I have done what my mum asked me not to do. I went to seek out this woman. If I am going to wear his ring I need to know for sure, if I knew I wont have posted on nairaland or asked all my girl friends for advice. I saw the lady at an eatery today I arranged this with my man's friend ( who she is still in contact with). I told my man to come pick me from work that my car was faulty. On our way home, I told him we should stop off to get food, well we ended up in the same eatery his friend and his ex was in. She died a million times when she saw us the look on her face was priceless! My man was confused, I went to his friend and said hello and asked to be introduced 2 his friend ( d ex). His friend played along, we all sat together. I enjoyed the way they wanted 2 jump out of their skins. Anyways I spared him the misery as I made excuses that we had 2 leave, poor soul he looked lost. I told him everything in the car, he kept saying he deserves it he has been cruel to me by keeping her for so long and he wants me in his life. After 4years relationship I finally know they broke up because she cheated and he had difficulties letting go as he really loved her. He said I changed all that bla bla bla anyways somehow now more than ever I feel free. Ah I feel free, make I talk am again I feel free, ah. My man shaking, begging me not to leave him am the one he wants after all the stress, nights of checking his messages haba abeg I feel free. We fixed introduction for end of the month but am not sleeping in his house for a while!!! I don wear my ring o jare I dey marry this man he's my soul mate, I dont know what 2mrw brings but like my mum says I will finally bury all insecurities and pray 4 d best! Na wah who said trusting some1 was easy?

^^^^^^^^ Interesting story--- hope things work out for you. FYI: just because a man marries you doesn't mean he will NOT cheat. Just shine your eyes very well.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by OBLONG(m): 8:25pm On Mar 06, 2010
alakee:

My dear im currently in a similar situation its just that he hates his ex. with passion.
however,he feels insecure that i mght turn out to be like his ex'es.what am confused of now is,if he loves me as much as he claims and he's immediate ex. wrong deeds has nothing to do with his behavours sometimes,how come he avoids talking about marriage and to make matters worse i dont know a single soul in his family & we've been together for almost two years .i have thought of secretly seeing sm1 else,but its against everything i stand for as a woman & above all am a christian.i dont encourage u to cheat or start seeing sm1 else even if u wont be intimate with him.dont do it.
someone pls advise,should i leave him?

Why can't people be mature and leave matters with their ex'es in a friendly matter. EX doesn't have to equal enemy.

I would be wary of a guy who has BEEF with ALL of his ex's means that nigga is crazy psycho.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by OBLONG(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2010
I HATE my EX with a passion as well---- would smack a BITCH if I saw.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by AqRiUsAge(f): 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2010
OBLONG:

Why can't people be mature and leave matters with their ex'es in a friendly matter. EX doesn't have to equal enemy.

I would be wary of a guy who has BEEF with ALL of his ex's means that nigga is crazy psycho.

beats me
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by AqRiUsAge(f): 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2010
fifi09:

Like I said before… We all know the saying "Actions Speak Louder Then Words" and in a mans world this is so true.

Ladies, you don't want a man to "settle" for you; your partner should see you as his first choice or something is wrong.

Right you are!
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Shanice111: 8:37pm On Mar 06, 2010
@ alakee I feel u big. My dear we went from him hating his ex to him not talking about her but secretly taking her phone calls. In all fairness to men like my mum says they love sometimes even more than us. He is with you now not her dont be like me and be insecure for too long love your man communicate it helps and if none works do what you need to do even if it seems stupid it may work. With relationships no one has all the answers we talk to try to make things better. I feel free 2day and going 4ward I will worry less focus on the fact that he is with me! My dear avoid the ex drama if you can help it and as for seeing your family well he has to at some point all the best o and hope it works for you too!
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by OBLONG(m): 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2010
I know a guy who introduced his fccuk mate to his brother and other family members---- the girl got soo excited that he introduced her to his family. In the end, it was all fccuking---- hahaha!

Meeting a guy's family member doesn't mean jack shit.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by lexzybaba(m): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2010
na2day?:

no mind her, spoil sport but i honestly had the same feeling

@ OP

i wish u the best
good luck
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Dokki: 1:13am On Mar 07, 2010
Omo, the time to run is now while you are still able to get back in the game /market.
Don't wait until it is too late.
Your bobo has too much baggage to carry into marriage.
Word to the wise,

D
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by Nobody: 3:05am On Mar 07, 2010
Busy_body:

na true naaa, these men? na today? grin i know them like i know my bo.o.b.s cool
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by OLU156: 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2010
I am new to this forum but this story shocked me because it bears an uncanny resemblance with some1 I know so well. Let me say this I have read all that has been said and Shanice 111 must have been burdened to let it out in the open. However, this man in question does not love his ex or ever hopes to go back to her. Sometimes women need to know that when a man faces pressure from a woman he once loved it is difficult for him to tell her off but no rightthinking man will leave a woman who has been there for him for 4 long happy years for one who will jump into another man's bed once her man goes broke! There will always be the girlfriend material which differs from the wife material men dont mix the two no matter how good the sex was or how much she begs him to take her back. We stray, we are not perfect but we are never stupid! We love the woman who brings us the most peace and who will hold our hand through this journey called life atleast that what our parents did.

This story broke my heart for some reason. I wish the poster and her man who am sure loves her with his very essence the best marriage would bring. Am sure if he saw this he will be sorry he put her through all the insecurities. Anways best wishes. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry sad shocked
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by OBLONG(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2010
^^^^^^ unfortunately, many men go back to their ex's this is a one luck story.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by henriee(f): 7:37am On Mar 08, 2010
Congrats Shanice III, here's wishing you all the best in your journey into marriage.
Re: Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help by maury1: 8:55am On Mar 08, 2010
let him go!!!! he sounds like a very depressing person. you should want better for yourself forget that man. let his ex have that mess of a man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Saw This On My Bed!! When I Opened The Door ..advise Needed / My Ordeal With A Handsome Guy And His Horrible Looking Big Pant / Ex-girlfriend And Current Girlfriend Becoming Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.