Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,071 members, 7,814,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (70628 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by generationz(f): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
ObaFemy:
Well, I'm not a member and I can't say all these are true. But, a pastor-friend of mine who is a member of Deeper Life, and is very gifted with prophecy and visions, once told me no one is allowed to share visions or prophecies, unless such visions and prophecies are validated and approved by Pastor W.F Kumuyi.
It might be due to the fact that many people have been deceived by so called prophets in some churches. Some people have broken up good relationships because one brother prophesied that the man you want to marry is not your future husband and vice versa, or wives sent parking for being called a witch.
The church might be doing this as a regulatory measure.

So
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by lazygal: 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
Seun:

Why can't muslims fight back with words? Why must they kill? Is it because they don't have good arguments/evidence to support their views?

Don't use your forum to attack Islam ,seun. You might be an atheist but your mere existence is a privilege upon your from the creator .
How can someone so blessed by God deny his mere existence ? I won't be surprised if you got your popularity through juju via swearing oath to a cult
Ban me for life if you wish and if you are not careful ,Allah will crash you totally.Great nations have been destroyed so who are you?

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
michony505:
You lack proper understanding of the Bible. What does Matt 25 vs 41 , 10 vs 28 says.

You cannot have two redeemers!
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by firstolalekan(m): 7:44am On Dec 21, 2017
frosbel2:
I was a Deeper Life member and worker and almost a Pastor for about 20 years.

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• They are beholden to one man, Pastor Kumuyi

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.
You are a dolt for bringing up islam and hijab in your writeup. PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN NEVER FIND PEACE IN LIFE.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2017
firstolalekan:

You are a dolt for bringing up islam and hijab in your writeup. PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN NEVER FIND PEACE IN LIFE.

smiley
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by debolayinka(m): 11:21am On Dec 22, 2017
ichuka:
Yes All the seven churches in Asia has issues,No?
Have you read of the church in Philadelphia? Revelations 3 vs 7-13
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
Abdulazeez007:
but Christians do claim Jesus (peace be upon him) is equivalent to God.

Well he is not, Jesus is less than GOD.

There is only ONE GOD and Jesus is definitely not HIM.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Abdulazeez007(m): 6:14am On Dec 28, 2017
frosbel2:

Well he is not, Jesus is less than GOD.

There is only ONE GOD and Jesus is definitely not HIM.
but Yu not a Christian.......

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2017

u are a big fat fvcking liar
How exactly have I lied?! I didn't even make ANY CLAIM here. I only stated my friend's claim, with the air of sceptism on my part. Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by HarmonyJael(f): 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2018
frosbel2:

Following one MAN blindly without question. In other words you become a minion when you join the Cult !
Go nd open ur own, so that people will follow u, instead of castigating God's chosen.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by peteruuu(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2018
FaithfulServant:

Please do, I'm a member of the church – deeper life, and can tell you authoritatively that it's not a cult but more or less a family, with everyone serving one another in love (Galatians 5:13).

The truth is not hidden (John 8:32), and Jesus is the point of focus (Hebrews 12:2).

The church is criticized and given bad reputation by the workers of iniquity (Luke 13:27) because the world which is filled with darkness does not like any good light (John 3:19).

I got my conversion through a brother and member of the church through evangelism, after he ministered to me in the library.

After jumping from one church to another in search of the truth, I find myself too fortunate to narrowly find one.

God bless your soul.
In need of medical laboratory technicians in a private hospital. Awaiting reply.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
A bit more time now that it is Christmas time - cheesy
Deeperlifers needs to start enjoying life here on earth, look after their families and leave a good legacy behind.

Your life need not be about Kumuyi , it is about YOU and your GOD.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
Get Connected To Hope: Feasting after the Famine at Deeper Life National December Retreat 2018

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Jidykejay: 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
Pastor Kumuyi did not write the Bible but is very diligent in teaching so hard Bible doctrines like restitution. God doesn't recognise second wife while the first wife is still alive. The op hates the truth and loves preachers that tell people what they want to hear. Pastor Kumuyi will never do that. I never knew there victory over sin until d Lord told me to join Deeperlife. The depends on the grace of God.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Eavy(m): 10:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sorry for coming here late. I just stumbled upon this and I'm compelled to say, You allowed the devil to use you. Where did you got all these lies from? Because none of these is true.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
Eavy:
Sorry for coming here late. I just stumbled upon this and I'm compelled to say, You allowed the devil to use you. Where did you got all these lies from? Because none of these is true.

Lol, which devil if I may ask.

I was a bona fide Deeperlife member, a worker and leader in the university fellowship.

Every revelation of the errors of your church is always a LIE. That's what 100,000 other Christian denominations say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
Jidykejay:
Pastor Kumuyi did not write the Bible but is very diligent in teaching so hard Bible doctrines like restitution. God doesn't recognise second wife while the first wife is still alive. The op hates the truth and loves preachers that tell people what they want to hear. Pastor Kumuyi will never do that. I never knew there victory over sin until d Lord told me to join Deeperlife. The depends on the grace of God.

What is true about a white Jesus dying for my sins, a total lie and myth based on roman pagan fables.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02am On Jan 21, 2019
Jidykejay:

You probably touched a raw nerve there, you touched a nerve when you said 'God doesn't recognise a second wife while the first wife is still alive' Maybe the OP can tell us why this teaching makes him hate DL with a passion. cool
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You probably touched a raw nerve there, you touched a nerve when you said 'God doesn't recognise a second wife while the first wife is still alive' Maybe the OP can tell us why this teaching makes him hate DL with a passion. cool

What do I care about second wife or first wife when I have one wife who is my first wife - olodo - grin

However the doctrine that Kumuiyi preaches is half right and half wrong. Let me explain ; if a woman is consistently treated terribly in a marriage , either in the form of infidelity or violent abuse, she is free to leave the idiot and remarry. Furthermore , the doctrine that a woman should return to her first husband after becoming 'born again' is cruel, non biblical and based on the opinion of one man !!! - Deuteronomy 24:4

Not sure what nerve you are talking about , lol
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by ochibuogwu5: 1:47am On Jan 21, 2019
I guess you have your points about the teachings of your former Church deeper life however you are having issues about JESUS CHRIST being GOD check these passages Hebrews 1:7-8, John 8:58, John 1:1, John 1:14, John 20:28, Phil.2:6, Titus 2:13, John 14:10-11, John 5:23, 1 John.2:23, Rev.1:17-18. For sound teachings about Christianity I encourage you to check out Bro. Gbile Akanni on youtube. Great Grace to you.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Janosky: 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
frosbel2:

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.
dlbc ,worshippers of cult of personality god of men.
My dlbc neighbor back then in the mid '80s, dey ALWAYS frown whenever day break. She no get joy at all !
Kumuyi junk no fit gif am happiness....

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by HarmonyJael(f): 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2019
Janosky:

dlbc ,worshippers of cult of personality god of men.
My dlbc neighbor back then in the mid '80s, dey ALWAYS frown whenever day break. She no get joy at all !
Kumuyi junk no fit gif am happiness....
Maybe Kumuyi's junk can teach you GOOD ENGLISH...thanks..����
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Janosky: 10:54am On Oct 02, 2019
HarmonyJael:
.. Maybe Kumuyi's junk can teach you GOOD ENGLISH...thanks..����

Educated illiterate, what is code switching/code mixing?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nzikachia: 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
The Deeper Life Church is consumed by a zeal to please God, to be in tune with God, to promote holy living, to lead the light for the world, to enable the world know God's Way more and more. Therefore, people whose ways are sinful, or backslidden, or unable to keep up with the high bar of Christian life as prescribed by the Bible, which is "deeper" than the general shallowness prevailing in the world , find it inconvenient being in Deeper Life.

The lies they tell about the Church is misdirected, fake, sad, unfortunate. it is better for them to repent than give wrong information. Sad.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by tidytim: 12:40am On Feb 04, 2020
Nzikachia:
The Deeper Life Church is consumed by a zeal to please God, to be in tune with God, to promote holy living, to lead the light for the world, to enable the world know God's Way more and more. Therefore, people whose ways are sinful, or backslidden, or unable to keep up with the high bar of Christian life as prescribed by the Bible, which is "deeper" than the general shallowness prevailing in the world , find it inconvenient being in Deeper Life.

The lies they tell about the Church is misdirected, fake, sad, unfortunate. it is better for them to repent than give wrong information. Sad.

Lol.

You will make a good comedian.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Mathias2270(m): 12:20am On May 19, 2020
FRANK Edward W A R N I N G PLEASE READ
IT......It's too long to read but it is important for us to
know that ....what the BIBLE says is happening
now..... Satan fulfills his promise!" LORD SAVE US!
Rapture will take place any time from now.
Everything hindering the rapture has been removed.
Gospel has been preached almost everywhere. All
the prophecies have been fulfilled. Angels physically
seen and captured on camera @ Dansoman also
gives a 'sign'. The devil is working very hard to
occupy Christians with the things of this world so
that the day will catch them unawares. Please be
prepared. There is no more time, Use the advantage
of this free sms to send this message to at least all
ur contacts. Do not ignore. This is also a source of
evangelism. Souls are dying. GOD bless you!Let’s
Pray Hard: 6 6 6 The Mark of The Beast Prophesy
Finally Fulfilled… as Written By: Jonathan Annobil.
The US Senate has passed the Obama Health Bill
into law. The implementation would commence
soon. This bill would require all Americans to be
implanted with a Radio Frequency Identification
(RFID) chip in order to access medical care. The
device will be implanted on the forehead or on the
arm. This is to fulfill the prophesy in the Book of
Revelation 13: 15-18 concerning the MARK OF THE
BEAST. Are you still doubting the END TIME? Do U
know that the special car which was made for
Obama is known as the BEAST? Get READY. The
rapture is near! Revelations 13 is being played out
right before us. Many are still unaware. Why is the
chip being implanted exactly where the Bible says it
would be? Why on the hand and forehead. Why not
anywhere else? Why is it being connected to your
bank account? Remember the Bible says you won't
be able to buy or sell without the mark 6 6 6. And
guess what! The chip is connected to your financial
details. What breaks my heart the most is that
many people in the Church will not make it if JESUS
comes now? Many are unaware that the end is
near. Don’t tell me that it's advancement in
technology or development. If any area of your life
is not in sync with GOD’s word, repent and be
converted. If you miss heaven you can never miss
hell….. think about it. Hell is not a pretty place. The
worst part is that it is for eternity… He who has
ears, let him hear what the Spirit says to the
church. Please rather than post and forward
senseless messages. Send this one to everyone
you know. Do the work of an Evangelist. PLEASE
SHARE THIS MESSAGE WITH ALL YOUR
CONTACTS. Have you ever wondered what should
have happened if we treat the Holy Bible the way
we treat our mobile phone? And we really can’t live
without it. Only 7% percent will re-send this
message. Don’t be of the 93% who will not share
the message. Satan said. “I wonder how humans
claim to LOVE GOD and disobey HIM, and claim
they hate me yet they obey me” Do not send later.
Share and send now. May Almighty GOD grant
success to everyone who reads and sends this
message. Tomorrow may be too late. Stay blessed...
Please you help me send me to #5000 naira now God blessing now.

*Name bank:Guaranty Trust Bank
*Account name:GODSPOWER MATHIAS
*Account number:0545046669
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Temijim: 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
I'm a Deeper Life member and I'm very proud that I am. Ask me any question you have about my belief(s) or my church, that bothers you
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Kobojunkie: 1:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
Temijim:
What make you end up believing it's a cult
Why do you believe it is not a cult? undecided
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Image123(m): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why do you believe it is not a cult? undecided

You this truculent man, you still lied and changed someone's word just to manifest truculence. Haba

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On May 13, 2023

@FreedomfromtheT, here are the answers you seek
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On May 15, 2023
Well, I'm not a member and I can't say all these are true. But, a pastor-friend of mine who is a member of Deeper Life, and is very gifted with prophecy and visions, once told me no one is allowed to share visions or prophecies, unless such visions and prophecies are validated and approved by Pastor W.F Kumuyi.
Yikes! The man set himself even as authority over the so-called visions his members have ? lipsrsealed
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by hillaryj(m): 12:33am On Jun 14, 2023
[quote]I was a Deeper Life member and worker and almost a Pastor for about 20 years.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed / What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.