Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance (22563 Views)

2019: Atiku Vs. Buhari, By Reuben Abati / Reuben Abati Trolls Governor Rochas Okorocha On IG (photo) / "The Anaconda And The Python": Shehu Sani Replies Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 19, 2017
Sanchez01:

So IPOB folks have become citizens all of a sudden You need to understand that the military steps into a situation that is considered overwhelming for the police force to handle, particularly one that poses a threat to national security. The IPOB claimed they had nuclear weapons stashed somewhere, the hunchback claimed he would fetch Buhari's head like Perseus did Medusa and you expect the military not to step in because the person who threatened a sitting president is a citizen?? You guys are yet to figure out what has befallen you.

They are Still citizens until they officially seccede from the zoo.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by jaxxy(m): 9:17am On Sep 19, 2017
Ruben abiti doesn't know wat he's talking about. He has a knack for talking to much stories to validate nothing.

I don't totally support the army's involvement and approach bt in this senario there ws no better option or choice. Abati asking to police and court to revoke bail and order arrest wud not be respected by kanu either so wats d point. There has to be law and order irrespective of ur agitations.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by fizzy4luv(m): 9:19am On Sep 19, 2017
Nigerian writers doesn't disappoint, they put to pen to support causes that aligns with their sentiments, forgetting the powerful effect a write up can exert on a reader. Reuben carefully articulate all the possible ideas of the military wrong strategies, but failed to draw attention to the danger the actions of Nnamdi Kanu can inflict on Nigeria state and even to his own people. Aggression can be external or internal. What can be more potent than the illusion of a man creating establishments that threaten the existence of Nigeria. Perhaps if we treat such actions with levity, should we will also treat sudden discoveries of large cache of Ammunition at our ports with levity? Yes, people have a right to ask for emancipation from an aggregation when they feel they are not being heard but the best way is not to act on the raw emotions of gullible youths to orchestrate violence and chicken out at the slightest show of the law thus leaving them to bear the repercussion alone. it is very easy to train and arm youths for a cause but what you can't guarantee is the ability to control them at all times. No matter how slow a non violent method is, I believe with persistence and intelligent arguments, sympathy lines will be eventually created both here and abroad for the cause and then the Govt at the center might be forced to do a referendum and execute whatever fallout out from it. Since this issue started, how many Igbo senators or representatives have raised this issue continuously for debate in the house? For all would be critics of my little piece, I appreciate them, all I just want is peace for it is in our best interest to allow it, so everybody can dwell together or secede as they wish peacefully

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by BanevsJoker(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2017
policy12:

Now Abati I'd making sense but when he too was in power he was spewing rubbish.
You people don't ever disappoint. Ignoring the message and attacking the messenger.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by GetMeRight: 9:25am On Sep 19, 2017
Abati! Sold his good reputation for a plate of porridge. Still vying for relevance. But I get it, good reputation doesn't usually put food on the table. At least, he's a millionaire today, a silent one.
But he can help us in one way, by just keeping the hell of his mouth shut up.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by luggy(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2017
Thanks sir, u ve said it. shame on zoo ngeria
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by folem: 9:28am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by BanevsJoker(m): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2017
fizzy4luv:
Nigerian writers doesn't disappoint, they put to pen to support causes that aligns with their sentiments., forgetting the powerful effect a write up can exert on a reader. Reuben carefully articulate all the possible ideas of the military wrong strategies, but failed to draw attention to the danger the actions of Kanu can inflict on Nigeria state and even to his own people. Aggression can be external or internal. What can be more potent than the illusion of a man creating establishments that threaten the existence of Nigeria. Perhaps if we treat such actions with levity, should we will also treat sudden discoveries of large cache of Armunition at our ports with levity? Yes, people have a right to ask for emancipation from an aggregation when they feel they are not being heard but the best way is not to act on the raw emotions of gullible youths to orchestrate violence and chicken out at the slightest show of the law thus leaving them to bear the repercussion alone. it is very easy to train and arm youths for a cause but what you can't guarantee is the ability to control them at all times. No matter how slow a non violent method is, I believe with persistence and intelligent arguments, sympathy lines will be eventually created both here and abroad for the cause and then the Govt at the centre might be forced to do a referendum and execute whatever fallout arts from it. Since this issue started, how many Igbo senators or representatives have raised this issue continuously for debate in the house? For all would be critics of my little piece, I appreciate them, all I just want is peace for it is in our best interest to allow it, so everybody can dwell together or secede as they wish peacefully
I've heard this delusional rhetoric enough. You want someone with a political appointment in Nigeria, to tell Nigeria that he no longer wants to be in Nigeria? Governors and Senators would never do that. Why? They are benefiting from the status quo. It is the average man in the street who feels the pain. It is the graduate who can't get an NNPC or DPR job because he is Igbo. It is the soldier who has no hope of rising to the very top of the military because he is Igbo. It is the student who can't get admission into a choice school even after achieving the cut off. It is the trader who gets harrased in every market outside of Igbo land. It is the importer who has to transport his goods from Lagos to Onitsha even when Anambra, Rivers, Delta and Akwa Ibom states should have functional seaports.
Those are the people who want out, not the politicians for whom Nigeria is the proverbial goose that lays golden eggs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by God2man(m): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2017
Is it an irony or oxymoron?
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by nicemajor(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2017
sense fall on you... those codenames are for military, it's not for you to check literary meanings...

Coming up with a title for a military mission is a delicate task. There have been many memorable ones - Desert Storm, Overlord, Rolling Thunder. Others have attracted attention for the wrong reasons. Operation Killer, a US Korean war counter-offensive, was widely criticised for being distasteful. Operation Masher, an American campaign in Vietnam, was considered so ill-judged it was re-named. The US build-up in Afghanistan after 2001 was initially code-named Infinite Justice. But after it was pointed out that the name was considered offensive to the Islamic faith, it was changed to Enduring Freedom.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by OjukwuWarBird: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2017
BanevsJoker:

I've heard this delusional rhetoric enough. You want someone with a political appointment in Nigeria, to tell Nigeria that he no longer wants to be in Nigeria? Governors and Senators would never do that. Why? They are benefiting from the status quo. It is the average man in the street who feels the pain. It is the graduate who can't get an NNPC or DPR job because he is Igbo. It is the soldier who has no hope of rising to the very top of the military because he is Igbo. It is the student who can't get admission into a choice school even after achieving the cut off. It is the trader who gets harrased in every market outside of Igbo land. It is the importer who has to transport his goods from Lagos to Onitsha even when Anambra, Rivers, Delta and Akwa Ibom states should have functional seaports.
Those are the people who want out, not the politicians for whom Nigeria is the proverbial goose that lays golden eggs.

God bless you

Don't mind the illiterate you quoted

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by FrancisIgya: 9:42am On Sep 19, 2017
An intellectual exercise. Things are easier said than done.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by baysol: 9:42am On Sep 19, 2017
Omooba77:

http://reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/reuben-views/item/3454-the-python-does-not-dance-reuben-abati

Talkative go to the east to find out from the army if Pytons can dance or not. I'm sure they will serve you tea first inside potopoto water and good hiding for dessert. May be you'll learn a lesson or two that you have refused to learn from oga GEJ a while ago. Lobatan grin grin grin
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by userplainly(m): 9:56am On Sep 19, 2017
BanevsJoker:

your people are stupid and ungrateful, thieves! you sef you fool! CHECK ALL THE COMPANIES ESPECIALLY BANKS ALL AROUND NIGERIA, ITS EITHER IGBO OR YORUBA N TINY HAUSA THAT WORKS THERE......... THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS EVEN IN URHOBO TOWNS, CITY AND VILLAGES ITS STILL MORE OR IGBO THAT WORK IN THE BANKS.. I noticed that at abraka firstbank, an oldman want to open account but cannot speak English, normally a native should be working there to attend to such people but No! another customer had to translate for him......... GREEDY BASTARD IGBO PEOPLE, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? AM URHOBO SO THINK BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR DIRTY MOUTH......DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL, CHECK MOST COMPANIES N SEE YOUR PEOPLE IN GOOD POSITIONS......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by burkingx(f): 9:58am On Sep 19, 2017
lonecatt:
bros all this your meme no dey make sense again, breeze don blow fowl yansh don open.
this govt wey you dey support na quack ,they are lack so much when it comes to using the brain.
please try start asking for your change.
....Broda ! Abeg no turn me into *** Tom-Girl ! Don't let the user name " Burkingx " deceive you ! I be Woman NOT Man ! cheesy

smiley smiley smiley Burkingx and Burqueenx are just User names not gender related names ! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by AK481(m): 10:10am On Sep 19, 2017
userplainly:
HAVE ANYONE NOTICED THAT MOST OF THE SO_CALLED IPOB SUPPORTERS HERE DON'T HAVE A PROFILE PIC OF THEMSELVES?...............GUY WHO WAN BEAT U, NOBODY GO ARREST U (yet).......LOSERS N POOR LAZY COWARD NICCURS WON'T LET US SLEEP......I tire sote i decide to comment, these guys can wail for Africa....... wen army kill boys for warri crisis we noh hate govt o, even sef many of us join military later n we get mind fight army sef, we destroy tanks n fool ourselves by damaging properties but after the whole thing our eye open, boys enter street begin hustle... nothing like hatred for muslims or Hausa/Fulani.....gimme chance I go like date their babe sef, go Hausa quarters for igbudu market n see Hausa boys weh doh convert to full area..... but for Igbo land you can't fit it....they will first use tribalism keel you, imagine my first time in owerri, I enta bike base on I noh know the area buh na same street, the man collect 3H from me, e carry me turn round the next street n normally na Sky to reach the place......... I even discover Igbo people don't sell their lands for strangers n yet they build and buy lands in other people's town...........SO MY OWN IS WHO ONA DEY DECEIVE? BAD SPECIES OF THE BLACK RACE....GREEDINESS NA ONA SURNAME....... thief KANU want to chop crude oil money.... y'all should tell him to goan chop palm oil......besides oil is oil, palm, crude, olive or groundnut oil
........Ehnn 3 of my girlfriends are Igbo's sha ( buh e noh mean say onabe better pipo)

A proud product of our education system.

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by AK481(m): 10:12am On Sep 19, 2017
Core zombies and Igbo haters They have all gone into hiding.

I am Keeping tab on the demonstration today in New York

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by visionex: 10:19am On Sep 19, 2017
fasterwell:
What Abati didn't understand about the codenames of Crocodile Smile and Python dance is that they reflects the real motives for those operations.

Who said pythons don't dance and crocodile don't smile?

Python dance or crocodile smile doesn't mean that when they see their target or threat to their lives that the python will start dancing hip pop or break dance like Kaffy the dance queen or the crocodile will start smiling like GEJ.

But

The dance and smile is the urge and ability to strike first before their enemies does so.So, that urge or ability to strike or attack their attacker is actually their own dance moves.

It is only an over fed python or crocodile that will be too lazy to strike their enemy when they had the chance to do.

Even our dick smile and dance when our wives are unclad and ready to be smashed real hard.

So the Nigerian Army is actually in the SE and SS to unleash deadly attacks on those who are working agasinst the peace, unity and progress of our country
I don't think u read everything.,or maybe u read some paragraphs turned a blind eye on others only for d sake of ur misguided and sentimental criticism.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by Baroba(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2017
These former special advisers are despicable, its funny how Ruben Abati's rethoric has suddenly changed now his boss is no longer in power, i doubt he will be writing this " beautiful piece" if Jona was behind the so called Python dance..
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2017
good talk my fellow country man. .but they will see u as jonathan man andnnktbtakenur words for anything. .they knew they messed up the whole thing. even attacking the NUJ at umuahia. .at times I wonder for this country. .it's just so funny. .snakes can wobbles its body slowly and attack its prey without then prey knowing, maybe dats wat they wanted to do to Nnamdi Keanu until they now notice they are being watched and video by the NUJ. .now tell me, they have plan out operation Crocodile smile in the south south and south west. .this is a pretext war btw northern Nigeria against southern Nigeria. .this country has few years to exist. .may God keep us all alive to see how events unfold and if possible see a new nation's inside a nation. .
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by arsenal33: 10:30am On Sep 19, 2017
greatwhite:
I was expecting it to be a little comical. He nailed it nonetheless. FG as usual would read and look away.

Reuben Abati .

He was in the last govt. when Amaechi and Timipre sylva were harrassed abi?

And those leadership newspaper journalists locked up abi?

Make he dey fool himself
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by AK481(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2017
jaxxy:
Abati asking to police and court to revoke bail and order arrest wud not be respected by kanu either so wats d point. .

At least let them get the order first and if he refuses then they can use appropriate force.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2017
magoo10:
The python dances when its head is cut off.

APC online miscreants and media terrorist have over blown the military exercise in the east including blackmail by terming the igbos terrorist.

Neither propaganda nor bullets can quench the agitations unfortunately the govt at the center is bereft of ideas and intelligence that should form the bases by which they can win the ideology behind the agitations,it is called 'superior arguments' not guns.

I hope the dullard and his zombies know better now.
Apc this and that, when gej dealt with uwazurike and massob why didnt we hear you condemn pdp as much? Of the 5 govs who proscribed ipob only 1 is in apc and 3 from pdp so how exactly is apc the problem with biafra?
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by visionex: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2017
the military over d years has actually reduced itself to an unprofessional political organization
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by eniade07: 10:45am On Sep 19, 2017
Mr Reuben Abati, kindly keep quiet. what do you know about the military and their codenames for operations?.....its not compulsory to talk please.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by encryptjay(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2017
but when the Pythons headed towards his abode, he and his parents opted for a rapid dialogue with their feet

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by fasterwell(m): 11:06am On Sep 19, 2017
visionex:

I don't think u read everything.,or maybe u read some paragraphs turned a blind eye on others only for d sake of ur misguided and sentimental criticism.

Yes i didn't read all because Abati was talking trash in this article.

Nigerian military has never been clever in codenaming? What nonsense?

Abati who claims to be clever and all knowing, can u pin point just one thing he has done to protect the country
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by lonecatt(m): 11:07am On Sep 19, 2017
burkingx:
....Broda ! Abeg no turn me into *** Tom-Girl ! Don't let the user name " Burkingx " deceive you ! I be Woman NOT Man ! cheesy

smiley smiley smiley Burkingx and Burqueenx are just User names not gender related names ! cheesy cheesy cheesy
lols correction taken,i can now see you have changed your meme thats good . weldone bros sorry weldon sis

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by lonecatt(m): 11:12am On Sep 19, 2017
kattytamer:

Apc this and that, when gej dealt with uwazurike and massob why didnt we hear you condemn pdp as much? Of the 5 govs who proscribed ipob only 1 is in apc and 3 from pdp so how exactly is apc the problem with biafra?
if they dont blame apc who else do you want them to blame for militarizing the east even when we know that is not the solution? ok you want us to blame jonathan abi? for your information during uwazuruikes time yaradua was alive and we also pressured him to release the massob leader which he did .but in buhari and the apc case they refused and went ahead to make nnamdi kanu more popular by putting him in prison even when intelligent minds like ours told him that he was going to make a hero of nnamdi kanu he turned deaf ears in his usual manner and now what do we have ?nnamdi kanu is very pouplar today and have a cult of followership.
who do we blame for all this? apc

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by dmg1: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2017
fasterwell:
What Abati didn't understand about the codenames of Crocodile Smile and Python dance is that they reflects the real motives for those operations.

Who said pythons don't dance and crocodile don't smile?

Python dance or crocodile smile doesn't mean that when they see their target or threat to their lives that the python will start dancing hip pop or break dance like Kaffy the dance queen or the crocodile will start smiling like GEJ.

But

The dance and smile is the urge and ability to strike first before their enemies does so.So, that urge or ability to strike or attack their attacker is actually their own dance moves.

It is only an over fed python or crocodile that will be too lazy to strike their enemy when they had the chance to do.

Even our dick smile and dance when our wives are unclad and ready to be smashed real hard.

So the Nigerian Army is actually in the SE and SS to unleash deadly attacks on those who are working agasinst the peace, unity and progress of our country
your comment has just remind me that you have no brain in your skull, keep fooling urself
Re: Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance by UfuomaUN(m): 11:15am On Sep 19, 2017
Sanchez01:

The name isn't wack. The United States have severally adopted certain code names which are rather direct than subliminal. At some point, the U.S. military have chosen codes such as;

1. Operation rolling thunder: The code name for bombing Vietnam.

2. Operation Overlord
3. Operation desert storm
4. Operation EAGLE CLAW (How is this any different from the python dance?)

Abati was only responsible for counselling the president on media before his boss was booted and last I checked, he was never in the military.

With respect to the tension on ground in Nigeria, the name could have been a little less intimidating don't you think? After all in all the instances you mentioned the USA were fighting external aggression.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dariye Conviction: Twitter User Hits Atiku Hard / Buhari, Nigerians In Ethiopia Observe A Minute Silence, Honor Boko Haram Victims / Obasanjo Being Welcomed To Yola In 1978 By Lamido Of Adamawa (Throwback Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.