Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,468 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:02 AM

Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence (24258 Views)

Monalisa Chinda: My Daughter Saw Tiwa Savage And Abandoned Me At Lagos Marathon / Monalisa Chinda And Daughter, Tamar, Work Out At The Gym (Photos) / Monalisa Chinda As A Corper: NYSC Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by newsynews: 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
Last week, in an interview with Okey bakassi on Channels TV, Nollywood Actress, Monalisa Chinda dropped her opinion concerning domestic violence. She advised women to quit provoking their men into punching and slapping them as she claims women talk a lot cos they have this runny okra mouth. SEE THREAD https://www.nairaland.com/4053704/women-should-quit-provoking-men

Her quote:

As much as as most of us don’t like domestic violence, women should quit provoking their men into punches and slaps and all kinds of things. Haven’t said that… I was going through… cos I’m a domestic violence… eh… (laughs)… I don’t want to go there please, that’s not why I’m here. I always research when I hear stories that come up, fresh stories… of course this is close to my heart. I always dig in and half the time it’s the women. God just gave us the very runny okra mouth… we talk a lot.

However, fellow Nollywood Actress, Uche Ogbodo disagrees with her stance. She says the talk that a woman is the one that pushes her man’s button to anger is not true and that a man should never react violently no matter what a woman does.

Her Instagram quote:

First of all, society looks down on women who stay in abusive relationships and pities them for being “helpless” and “weak.” Domestic violence victims can’t be categorized into a stereotype, but range among all types of women. Yet society places a specific insecure, weak, vulnerable woman into the category of most likely to be in an abusive relationship.

Rather than ridicule or punish the man who commits the abuse, this wrong perception will fault the woman for putting up with it because she possesses these negative traits. Women are taught that it is our personality “traits” that got us into this problem, and therefore we feel we must solve it.

As a result, women are quick to blame themselves for why our significant other is acting so violently. We angered them, we upset them, we pushed their buttons — but none of this is true. It shouldn’t matter what you do or how you live your life, it is the man’s choice to react in a violent or physical way.

As little girls growing up, we learn fast to always be aware and to always be afraid. Girls are told to dress and act a certain way so as not to upset men, yet boys are not lectured on how to react when angry or treat women respectfully. A man’s anger is equal to his power, try and diminish it and you risk emasculating him. It is this gender stereotype that makes it easy for women to receive the blame for abusive relationships instead of the man.

https://www.wotzup.ng/uche-ogbodo-disagrees-monalisa-chinda/

cc lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by 9jvirgin(m): 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
Uche Oloso sorry Ogbodo; you are doing yourself. Kontinu.

Nigerian movie industry now brings to fore women of easy virtue as celebrities. Imagine a nonentity like Uche Oloso sorry Ogbodo.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Ruggedfitness: 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
Is that a nose ring?... I wouldn't imagine why any man would want to spend the rest of his life with such a woman, but like they "do not judge a book by its cover"

22 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Oluwasaeon(m): 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
Mtcheww
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Narldon: 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2017

It's not Proper for a Man to hit a Woman

But

Women should as well learn to control their Mouth

Verbal and Emotional Abuse is on the Rise Nowadays

Men are also Victims

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Setpredict10: 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
k
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Prognose: 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
Those three posters above me though shocked shocked shocked, na 5g una dey use

Modified*

Abeg which one disagree and which one agree As I see breast na hin my brain reboot embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Ruggedfitness: 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
First of all, society looks down on women who stay in abusive relationships and pities them for being “helpless” and “weak.” Domestic violence victims can’t be categorized into a stereotype, but range among all types of women. Yet society places a specific insecure, weak, vulnerable woman into the category of most likely to be in an abusive relationship.

To be sincere, every woman wants to just blame society... All these celebrities makes me wonder if they actually know what they say..

In other news
8 Celebrities Who Are Known To Be Extremely Dirty In Real Life
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/celebrities-extremely-dirty.html

Check Out How This Guy Killed 8,000 Mosquitoes
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/this-guy-killed-8000-mosquitoes.html

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by LesbianBoy(m): 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
Uche should shut up abeg wetin she know

3 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
My Bae knows that no matter the level of provocation, I can never lay my hands on her and she also know better not to exploit that chance because what I will do to her ehnn domestic violence will be a mercy.

Say no to domestic violence.
Say yes to using your brain instead of your hands to deal with your spouses.

Let me stop here because I have the propensity to always spoil my comments with nonsense after making common sense.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Kizyte(m): 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
OK
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Bigii(m): 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
Bag of breast cry

Watch the breast sotay' my indomie don born for fire angry

16 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by cinoedhunter: 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Run for ur life
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by TemmyTee82(f): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Well, Monalisa kind of looks more responsible.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by coolshegs10(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Just one prayer point Lord, just one... embarassed

"Give me wealth that is capable of shutting any woman up, because it's only an unfortunate man a woman talks to anyhow" cry

Thank you Lord for answering my prayers.
In Jesus name I pray,
Amen! Fire! Thunder! Volcano, Irma 8, Hurricane 4, 5 and 6. cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by murphyibiam15(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
I hate all these nonsense of no matter what a woman does that men should not raise their hands... I'm not a supporter of domestic violence but of the truth women should curtail their utterances... verbal abuse is same thing as physical abuse and there is no right for a woman verbally abusing his man and expect him to clap for her.. both men and women are humans made of same flesh and blood period.

25 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Florblu(f): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
So none of you noticed the stretch marks on Uche's boobs? undecided
What exactly is she flaunting?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by SlimBrawnie(f): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
While the men are been taught to control themselves/fist no matter the level of provocation from their women, the women should also be taught to bridle their tongue no matter the provocation too....

If you think your power is in your tongue, he will show you his power is in his fist

Most men can't stand their ego be soiled in the mud, unfortunately, that's what most women do to the men.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by lollypeezle(m): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
what kind of English is this?
Bigii:
Bag of breast cry

Watch the breast sotay' my indomie don born for fire angry
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by lilmax(m): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
this one full of crap strikes again....

as humans we should be taught "how we are responsible for our actions "

man=human
woman =human

let's see ourselves as humans first, before gender

don't strike so as not to be striked grin....we are equal cool

5 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by 9jvirgin(m): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Florblu:
So none of you noticed the stretch marks on Uche's boobs? undecided
What exactly is she flaunting?

The thing weak me.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by lordsharks(m): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Their prob
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by LesbianBoy(m): 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
opeyemiieblog:
n who is she to disagree

I wonder! Mad girls always think they have an opinion angry
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by fr3do(m): 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
They are both correct

If it is uncool for men to be abusive both physically and otherwise, why should abusive women be a norm.

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by brainpulse: 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
kindly block this fella he is a fraud, the MTN online/ website is parading is a fake one and he will swindle your credit as he did to me

byt64096:
grin

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
Two idiot sluts
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by deebrain(m): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
interestingly, Mona Lisa said the truth. And it's the truth many idiots will never want to own up to....

As it is wrong for a man to beat his wife, It is wrong for a woman to have a careless mouth.

Is the perfect society for this excuse of a woman, a place where men don't beat their wives but the wife still runs her mouth like a serviced generator?

Hypocrite.

9 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Atlantia(f): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
I agree with Uche.
Society is too quick to place the blame on women when such problems arise in relationships.
It almost seems like the man has the license to assault and maltreat his girlfriend or wife simply because 'she asked for it'.
No one talks about the inability of the man to restrain and control his animalistic tendencies.

Both men and women are victims of abuse. It's not all about the woman.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wizkid Thanks Jada Pollock For Her Support / Akah Nnani And Claire Idera Wedding Pictures / Video:tekno Advice To Guys Toward Life Enjoyment And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.