Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence (24306 Views)

Monalisa Chinda: My Daughter Saw Tiwa Savage And Abandoned Me At Lagos Marathon / Monalisa Chinda And Daughter, Tamar, Work Out At The Gym (Photos) / Monalisa Chinda As A Corper: NYSC Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
Atlantia:
I agree with Uche
Society is too quick to place the blame on women when such problems arise in relationships.
It almost seems like the man has the license to assault and maltreat his girlfriend or wife simply because 'she asked for it'.
No one talks about the inability of the man to restrain and control his animalistic tendencies.

Both men and women are victims of abuse. It's not all about the woman.

problems are best solved from d root,, that ia what monalisa is preachin.
mere words is why military are @ nnamdi kanu house ,, a word can trigger war among nations.
its jus words ,,it can make a man pull out is sword or shield is sword.
women that nagg end up turnin there hubby to beast .... verbal abuse is as humilating as physical abuse.
God brought earth nd man to existence with "ordinary" words ..thats to show yu words superceed strength.
the message is simple n clear ,,women donnt ova provoke ur man ... no one,not even d law support man beatin a woman.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Atlantia(f): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
kimbraa:
Responsible?, and she couldn't keep her first marriage?. It's not in looks. grin
Oh it definitely is. Once you're 'responsible', it doesn't matter what you say...I'm gonna go with it .
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by kizyalex10(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
Since the issue of this shameless woman (alfia swarzenegar)surfaced,i have nt seen women openly condemn her,they re all nt treating d matter diplomatically,if it's domestic violence(of which am highly against of)they mercy aigbe's,iyabo ojo's,etc would have been carrying placards,even our nairaland women,even rape(also against)they would have turned scientist of hw to invent hw to fry the scrotum.or judge of hw he will serve d rest of his life in jail with his dick handcuffed if possible.lol.but the main reason why these incident occur,they refuse to adress nd publicly condemn of which they re the primary cause.u see a girl wear skimpy clothes nd when people look @ her,she starts to drag it down as if she was forced to wear it.some men who re of loose appetite pounce on them,they will shout rape.to tell u d truth,any decent woman don't attract crowd,jst few comes towards them of which the few have genuine intention!because decent dressing nd appearance scares touts nd unserious people away(ie,am nt a Muslim but let's take them for example.a girl fully clothed with hijab can't jst be approached anyhw,she might be aloose girl inside wey conji dey kill but her appearance alone will make u. Think. Twice bfor approaching her).but if u dress to kill,ofcourse crowd follows u but guess what,the crowd wants nothing but to sleep with u.later u say all men re d same.why won't they be d same when u made urself a single symbol.now ffor domestic violence,dis act alone can earn her a Beating but d man is gentleman enough nt to do it,of which nt all men can do.but if he did nw,women will wave d evil she did nd focus on d beating jst to. Exonerate the woman.kudos to monalisa nd shame to uche ogbodo,dia picture depicts their personality.so am Nt surprised uche is defending her likes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Atlantia(f): 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
ericsmith:

problems are best solved from d root,, that ia what monalisa is preachin.
mere words is why military are @ nnamdi kanu house ,, a word can trigger war among nations.
its jus words ,,it can make a man pull out is sword or shield is sword.
women that nagg end up turnin there hubby to beast .... verbal abuse is as humilating as physical abuse.
God brought earth nd man to existence with "ordinary" words ..thats to show yu words superceed strength.
the message is simple n clear ,,women donnt ova provoke ur man ... no one,not even d law support man beatin a woman.

Do you think only women are guilty of verbal abuse?!
Women shouldn't provoke men with their words and men shouldn't do the same. It works both ways.
Thanks for the sermon though. smiley
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by LordOfNaira: 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
alexistaiwo:

For the record, there is nothing contradictory in my comment.
If the only provocation coming from my Bae you can think of is verbal abuse.
I give up

If you feel provocations can differ, then why do you expect men to react the same way? If you can wriggle out of your babe's provocation using your brain, what makes you think it would be easy for another man faced with provocations far more reckless than your babe's provocations?

Take for instance, a man whose wife only nags and a man whose wife gets violent and starts pulling knives or threatening to stab her husband. You expect the two men to react the same way to different provocations?
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by iamjavadem(m): 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
alexistaiwo:
My Bae knows that no matter the level of provocation, I can never lay my hands on her and she also know better not to exploit that chance because what I will do to her ehnn domestic violence will be a mercy.

Say no to domestic violence.
Say yes to using your brain instead of your hands to deal with your spouses.

Let me stop here because I have the propensity to always spoil my comments with nonsense after making common sense.
But that doesnt mean she should restrain herself from insulting and disrespecting you all the time. It is also a form of abuse. You are in an abusive relationship but dont know it, just like some women too. Too much provocation can lead to divorce also not only domestic violence.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by iamjavadem(m): 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
murphyibiam15:
I hate all these nonsense of no matter what a woman does that men should not raise their hands... I'm not a supporter of domestic violence but of the truth women should curtail their utterances... verbal abuse is same thing as physical abuse and there is no right for a woman verbally abusing his man and expect him to clap for her.. both men and women are humans made of same flesh and blood period.
the verbal abuse can also lead to divorce and not rape. Its obvious the bitch is not ready to respect men.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by iamjavadem(m): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
SlimBrawnie:
While the men are been taught to control themselves/fist no matter the level of provocation from their women, the women should also be taught to bridle their tongue no matter the provocation too....

If you think your power is in your tongue, he will show you his power is in his fist

Most men can't stand their ego be soiled in the mud, unfortunately, that's what most women do to the men.
This is the simple thing Mona said that this Uche bitch cannot comprehend. She is not ready to control her tongue. Stupid women always forming victim.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Atlantia:

Do you think only women are guilty of verbal abuse?!
Women shouldn't provoke men with their words and men shouldn't do the same. It works both ways.
Thanks for the sermon though. smiley

sisi can i get a cup of cold water ,
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Maximus85(m): 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
newsynews:
Last week, in an interview with Okey bakassi on Channels TV, Nollywood Actress, Monalisa Chinda dropped her opinion concerning domestic violence. She advised women to quit provoking their men into punching and slapping them as she claims women talk a lot cos they have this runny okra mouth. SEE THREAD https://www.nairaland.com/4053704/women-should-quit-provoking-men

Her quote:

However, fellow Nollywood Actress, Uche Ogbodo disagrees with her stance. She says the talk that a woman is the one that pushes her man’s button to anger is not true and that a man should never react violently no matter what a woman does.

Her Instagram quote:

https://www.wotzup.ng/uche-ogbodo-disagrees-monalisa-chinda/

cc lalasticlala

When your brain is in your chest. When your chest is all you've got. You will you're wise but you've got an empty head.

A man is a man. You provoke him more than necessary and because he's a man he should keep quiet, someday.... If you continue McGregoring, You will get Mayweathered.

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by willibounce1(m): 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
Naija women better stop deceiving themselves about the nonsense 'it is not good for a man to hit a woman no matter what'. Ya'll need to realise that no two human are the same. We have different kinda men out there...not everyman is calm and can control their temper...If you misbehave, they'll beat you like drum and face whatever consequences that comes with it. Na you go suffer am. When they warn you to control your mouth, you'll be forming feminist ...it is better to give yourself brain and avoid beating.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Maximus85(m): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
willibounce1:
Naija women better stop deceiving themselves about the nonsense 'it is not good for a man to hit a woman no matter what'. Ya'll need to realise that no two human are the same. We have different kinda men out there...not everyman is calm and can control their temper...If you misbehave, they'll beat you like drum and face whatever consequences that comes with it. Na you go suffer am. When they warn you to control your mouth, you'll be forming feminist ...it is better to give yourself brain and avoid beating.

Tell them. It's not every man that will hit his wife even when you dip your legs into his throat. Many of us are very mild and gentle. Same as it's not all women that would frustrate their husband. Some women hate peace. When they see that the house is peaceful, it's boring to them. They can't wait to light things up and when they get lit up, they come on social media and talk nonsense.

You disrespect your man, you try to compete with him? I pity you.

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Maximus85(m): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
Women naturally don't want to respect men or submit to them. They want to be equal. They want to be independent.

That same madness got us here. Let imagine that Eve waited for her husband before she took that stupid and selfish decision to touch the forbidden fruit. We won't be suffering like this. So God cursed them and part of the curse is that their husbands will lord over them, he will dominate her. These women still won't be sober. They are still bent on doing what the first stupid woman did. I taya abeg.

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by ebosse(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
kimbraa:
Lol, on such threads you'll see comments like "What exactly did she do or say?", the truth of the matter is; there're women whose self-worth has been reduced to nothing 'cause their husbands verbally abuse them. Not to mention physical abuse.

The myopic few on NL think it's only a man that could be verbally abused. That being said, beating up one's spouse over some utterances doesn't make any more of a man, and walking away from an abusive partner equally doesn't make a man less of a man.

Monalisa should be more reasonable while dissing out advise.

Do you have something against guys?

Nothing wrong with what monalisa said just the way theres nothing wrong with what Uche said.

what monalisa is saying For those of U too 'slow' to understand is, ladies should simply stop 'running' their mouth like a tap . She never said a lady should get physically abused for running her mouth.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by NaWetinDey(m): 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
For some who need a lasting family with a man, please listen to and follow Minalisa's truest advice. For those who are worthless to any generation, follow Uche's advice.

A man should not beat a woman no matter what she says or does, really? And your mathematics is based on?
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by buchilino(m): 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
Atlantia:
I agree with Uche.
Society is too quick to place the blame on women when such problems arise in relationships.
It almost seems like the man has the license to assault and maltreat his girlfriend or wife simply because 'she asked for it'.
No one talks about the inability of the man to restrain and control his animalistic tendencies.

NOBODY IS BLAMING WOMEN. ALL WE R SAYING IS DAT MOST WIVES SHOULD APPLY WISDOM. BOTH HUSBAND N D WIFE SHOULD PRAY FOR WISDOM IN DER MARRIAGE.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Atlantia(f): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
buchilino:

NOBODY IS BLAMING WOMEN. ALL WE ARE SAYING IS THAT MOST WIVES SHOULD APPLY WISDOM. BOTH HUSBAND AND WIFE SHOULD PRAY FOR WISDOM IN THEIR MARRIAGE.
YES UNCLE.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Atlantia(f): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
Maximus85:
Women naturally don't want to respect men or submit to them. They want to be equal. They want to be independent.

That same madness got us here. Let imagine that Eve waited for her husband before she took that stupid and selfish decision to touch the forbidden fruit. We won't be suffering like this. So God cursed them and part of the curse is that their husbands will lord over them, he will dominate her. These women still won't be sober. They are still bent on doing what the first stupid woman did. I taya abeg.
You're still blaming Eve?

Adam could've refused to eat the fruit..But did he say no?
No he didn't..what happened?
Cat got his tongue? undecided

And don't tell me he was blinded by love. Love shouldn't make you compromise your values.

Enjoy the rest of your day. smiley
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by DeRay98(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Narldon:

It's not Proper for a Man to hit a Woman

But

Women should as well learn to control their Mouth

Verbal and Emotional Abuse is on the Rise Nowadays

Men are also Victims

God bless you for your frankness.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Maximus85(m): 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
Atlantia:

And don't tell me he was blinded by love. Love shouldn't make you compromise your values.

You know how you do it. How you can make men do what you want, why no apply the same trick. Make them not to hit you.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by DeRay98(m): 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
Atlantia:

Very easy to say, if your husband refused your food for whatever reasons he has you won't take it easy with him, if not accusing him to confess who gave him food outside.
Some things that men do for their wife's interests in the name of love when it results in regrets for him nobody see his intents.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by KennyID17(m): 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
kimbraa:
Responsible?, and she couldn't keep her first marriage?. It's not in looks. grin
What is domestic violence to u?
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Atlantia(f): 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
Maximus85:

You know how you do it. How you can make men do what you want, why no apply the same trick. Make them not to hit you.
No man has ever hit me and no man ever will. But you shouldn't complain when you get battered by a woman. Men have lotsa tricks up their sleeves too.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Atlantia(f): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
DeRay98:

Very easy to say, if your husband refused your food for whatever reasons he has you won't take it easy with him, if not accusing him to confess who gave him food outside.
Some things that men do for their wife's interests in the name of love when it results in regrets for him nobody see his intents.
Lol.. That first part got me laughing. grin

I understand the point you're trying to make but the truth remains - Adam was also at fault.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Maximus85(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
If you want to be happy, come copy this woman that I know. She knows when to talk and when to shut da "f up! She keeps quiet when her husband is talking. Even when the husband is talking rubbish. That's not stupidity or being the lesser one. It's wisdom. The type needed to keep a home. Only wise, humble and submissive women can do this.

My dear sisters, don't go an be copying all those useless female yeyebrities that can't keep their homes oooo. If you look at them... Dem no dey husband house. They want you to be like them. The preach gender equality to you. It has not helped them, how can it help you?

Their own don spoil, dem dey fine people wey dem wan destroy.

Why is my mother still in my father's house? Wisdom!
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Maximus85(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
Atlantia:

Lol.. That first part got me laughing. grin

I understand the point you're trying to make but the truth remains - Adam was also at fault.

Who first took the wrong and selfish step? Eve or Adam? Who first brought imperfection into the world? Eve or Adam.

People should stop saying "ladies first" it's not courtesy.... It's stupidity. We are only fueling their egos.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Atlantia(f): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
Maximus85:

Who first took the wrong and selfish step? Eve or Adam? Who first brought imperfection into the world? Eve or Adam.

People should stop saying "ladies first" it's not courtesy.... It's stupidity. We are only fueling their egos.
You're right. 'Ladies first' makes no sense. It's not sensible to be courteous to anyone..male or female.

Eve was deceived. She was wrong. Adam was deceived. He was wrong.
Need I go on?!
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by repogirl(f): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
You make sense today, Uche. Some men don't even need provocation to start. Domestic violence is wrong, plain and simple.
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by revolt(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Atlantia:
I agree with Uche.

do u not know a running mouth is an animal tendency? Whatever u sow u shall reap. If u run ur mouth on ur hubby u stand the risk of a broken nose. If u abuse a soldier in naija there r consequences, so what do u do? U must always count the cost. In every situation. That's life
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Nov6(m): 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
lollypeezle:
what kind of English is this?
average nigerian English
Re: Uche Ogbodo Disagrees With Monalisa Chinda On Domestic Violence by Nov6(m): 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
lollypeezle:
what kind of English is this?
average nigerian English

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gay Chika Nwafor Claims He's Pregnant / Oge Okoye Celebrates Her 36th Birthday Today / Toke Makinwa Replies Fan Who Asked If She Plans On Remarrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.