Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,166 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:10 AM

Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan (1718 Views)

Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode / Fayose, Fani-Kayode React As Tambuwal Dumps APC For PDP / Nnamdi Kanu Eating With Femi Fani-Kayode And His Family In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by GiantParrot(m): 7:27am On Sep 20, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
Google Never Forgets!!!

The proponents of President can deploy soldiers during a peaceful election are the ones crying wolf today over deployment of soldiers in the face of obvious insurrection, violence, hate speech, genocide incite, war mongering and brigandry.

The same shameless looters lawyer Ozekhome (Senior Advocate of Nigerian Looters) was yarning dust on National TV after backing the same action in 2015. When he was kidnapped, why did he not reject the efforts of the DSS that rescued him, at the expense of the Police whose responsibility it is.

Mynd44 Lalasticlala FP

Fayose and FFK are inconsequential attention seekers. You, Sir, are ignoring the more important matters here: It is on record that General Buhari, a respected elder statesman in the North, opposed the deployment of troops to the North to quell the attacks of bokoharam. Note that at the time, bokoharam was among the most vicious terrorist groups in the world. But now, President Buhari, who has always been perceived to be an ethnic and religious bigot by many in the South, sends the military against a mostly non-violent group in the East. It would be morally dishonest to equate IPOB and Bokoharam. But even if you choose to do so, then the military offensive against IPOB in the East is anti-East by Buhari's standards for the military action in the North against bokoharm.

So then, what do these facts say about the nature of the man Buhari - about his fitness for leadership in a multi-ethnic society that already suffers growing ethnic tensions? What will his legacy be? Will he mend the divides? Or worsen the tensions? Time will tell. But as of today, the past is already written. His legacy is already taking shape, and the Nigerian vicious cycle of intolerance remains in progress.

**Modified**
Let me add that Jonathan's legacy of ineptitude and corruption is well known. It is regressive, not progressive, to bring up a bad example as support for another unwise action.
Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by ba7man(m): 7:28am On Sep 20, 2017
richidinho:
Funny how some ingrates will promise us change but keep repeating same thing,

Op...where is the change?

When next you are campaigning please kindly tell people you guys are coming to do exactly what GEJ doing

This guy has shifted the goalpost like the one at The National stadium in Surulere. grin
Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by Throwback: 7:34am On Sep 20, 2017
Confession time.
Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by rekeson: 7:42am On Sep 20, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Does being in opposition makes dementia to set into their brain to an extent that they forgot what they supported 2years ago or what they said with their mouths without being under duress?

They are just irresponsible human beings without any principle whatsoever. Opposition should be responsible, theirs is bothering on Operation Lunatic Dance in market square.

APC kicked against same action when they were in the opposition. But now that they are in power it is suddenly ok to engage in same act that they once opposed.

Ok I get it, PDP did it so why can't APC do it..... This govt is a big joke grin

FFK and co are only paying u guys back with ur own coins...
Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by dunkem21(m): 7:50am On Sep 20, 2017
rekeson:

APC kicked against same action when they were in the opposition. But now that they are in power it is suddenly ok to engage in same act that they once opposed.

Ok I get it, PDP did it so why can't APC do it..... This govt is a big joke grin

FFK and co are only paying u guys back with ur own coins...
That's the hypocrisy on NL.. Very soon, the thing will hit FP sad

1 Like

Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by obailala(m): 8:33am On Sep 20, 2017
GiantParrot:

Fayose and FFK are inconsequential attention seekers. You, Sir, are ignoring the more important matters here: It is on record that General Buhari, a respected elder statesman in the North, opposed the deployment of troops to the North to quell the attacks of bokoharam. Note that at the time, bokoharam was among the most vicious terrorist groups in the world. But now, President Buhari, who has always been perceived to be an ethnic and religious bigot by many in the South, sends the military against a mostly non-violent group in the East. It would be morally dishonest to equate IPOB and Bokoharam. But even if you choose to do so, then the military offensive against IPOB in the East is anti-East by Buhari's standards for the military action in the North against bokoharm.

So then, what do these facts say about the nature of the man Buhari - about his fitness for leadership in a multi-ethnic society that already suffers growing ethnic tensions? What will his legacy be? Will he mend the divides? Or worsen the tensions? Time will tell. But as of today, the past is already written. His legacy is already taking shape, and the Nigerian vicious cycle of intolerance remains in progress.

**Modified**
Let me add that Jonathan's legacy of ineptitude and corruption is well known. It is regressive, not progressive, to bring up a bad example as support for another unwise action.
You have spoken very well, but I'd like to point out one thing regarding the alleged opposition of Buhari to soldiers in the north and the infmous "it is anti-north" statement.

Nigerian soldiers are known to be very brutal and unprofessional in their dealings. If you send the soldiers to a community to flush out 10 criminals, they typically kill or maim 50 innocent folks before wiping off the 10 criminals. This is a known fact and it happened in Warri, Odi, Odioma, Zaki-biam etc. Every single place soldiers have been sent to enforce peace, they enforced a tsunami with the elders of the area lamenting bitterly and begging for the soldiers to be withdrawn.

So why exactly do we always sit comfortably in our homes and assume the same Nigerian soldiers who are known to be genocidal everywhere they go suddenly became 'professional' in the north-east?... We all know how barbaric soldiers get when one of their own is killed, so with over 1000 soldiers killed in Borno, do you need to be told how unprofessional and genocidal those soldiers would have been while scouting communities for bokoharam members?...

Without being told, I'm sure before the NA kills one BH suspect, they must have murdered 30 innocent people. We all saw the gory videos from amnesty international of soldiers lining people up, slitting their throats and kicking them into a massive pit for burial; do you really think those guys were all truly BH fighters?

So with elders always lamenting when soldiers are sent to their communities all over Nigeria, why did we make an exception when Buhari also lamented the same conduct of the very same Nigerian soldiers in Borno?
Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by 7lives: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2017
rekeson:
Ok let me get something clear. If APC does anything that didn't sit well with people, they quickly rollout evidence to prove that PDP did something similar while in power, in a weak attempt to justify their actions.

The question now is why then did we vote out PDP if APC is going to engage in similar acts that we vilified PDP for ?

What then is the difference between the then PDP govt and the now APC govt ?

APC is a big mistake, a mistake that urgently needs to be corrected come 2019.

You better get used to having APC in charge, the likes of us who were at the receiving end of PDP's maladministration will ensure that APC remains in charge for the next 16 years too.
Baba NEVER enter office self una don dey wail PMB is bad APC is worse.
I never asked much from PDP, all i needed is LIGHT which they couldn't even give, and I keep paying for the light that I NEVER use until God helped me with card meter.
Do you know how much I spent on petrol and generator repairs on monthly basis?, my light is on now and I enjoyed at least 22 hours of light in my hood, thank God I'm on card meter, I even switch of the light when I'm leaving home.
The unlucky folks who don't have card meter are being made to pay heavy bills because your useless PDP sold NEPA to their cronies.
Yes this government may not be the best but PDP is a no no for me, PDP is like LOCUST which eats everything and left the farm owner hungry.
Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by SuperS1Panther: 10:13am On Sep 20, 2017
obailala:
You have spoken very well, but I'd like to point out one thing regarding the alleged opposition of Buhari to soldiers in the north and the infmous "it is anti-north" statement.

Nigerian soldiers are known to be very brutal and unprofessional in their dealings. If you send the soldiers to a community to flush out 10 criminals, they typically kill or maim 50 innocent folks before wiping off the 10 criminals. This is a known fact and it happened in Warri, Odi, Odioma, Zaki-biam etc. Every single place soldiers have been sent to enforce peace, they enforced a tsunami with the elders of the area lamenting bitterly and begging for the soldiers to be withdrawn.

So why exactly do we always sit comfortably in our homes and assume the same Nigerian soldiers who are known to be genocidal everywhere they go suddenly became 'professional' in the north-east?... We all know how barbaric soldiers get when one of their own is killed, so with over 1000 soldiers killed in Borno, do you need to be told how unprofessional and genocidal those soldiers would have been while scouting communities for bokoharam members?...

Without being told, I'm sure before the NA kills one BH suspect, they must have murdered 30 innocent people. We all saw the gory videos from amnesty international of soldiers lining people up, slitting their throats and kicking them into a massive pit for burial; do you really think those guys were all truly BH fighters?

So with elders always lamenting when soldiers are sent to their communities all over Nigeria, why did we make an exception when Buhari also lamented the same conduct of the very same Nigerian soldiers in Borno?

Hmmm. That is another perspective.
Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by RoyalUc(m): 10:36am On Sep 20, 2017
I've always said; it is only truth that can stand the test of time.

All this...today it's right, tomorrow it's wrong from any of us will take us only round in circles.
Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by GiantParrot(m): 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
obailala:

Consistency in beliefs is an integral element of integrity. If a man of integrity believes that it is not proper to send undisciplined soldiers to a region where local governments have been taken over by vicious terrorists, how then can he in good conscience possibly send similarly undisciplined soldiers to a region having miscreants who had not even overwhelmed the police? The explanation I can come up with for such inconsistency in beliefs is that ethnic and religious sentiments are the primary drivers behind his pronouncements and actions. Do you have an alternative explanation? Let's hear it.
Re: Fayose, Fani-kayode, And Others Supported Military Deployment Under Jonathan by obailala(m): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
GiantParrot:

Consistency in beliefs is an integral element of integrity. If a man of integrity believes that it is not proper to send undisciplined soldiers to a region where local governments have been taken over by vicious terrorists, how then can he in good conscience possibly send similarly undisciplined soldiers to a region having miscreants who had not even overwhelmed the police? The explanation I can come up with for such inconsistency in beliefs is that ethnic and religious sentiments are the primary drivers behind his pronouncements and actions. Do you have an alternative explanation? Let's hear it.
The only explanation I can think of is that the 'demons of Aso Rock' (just as Reuben Abati described it) which dances on the heads of people once they step 'close' to the villa has danced on his head.

On a serious note, pre-2015, APC goons lamented the deployment of soldiers for Ekiti elections in 2014, and across the country for the 2015 elections, but PDP folks like Fayose, FFK, Barr Ozekhome and several other PDP-ians wrote lengthy articles denouncing the wailing 'APShits' for crying blue murder; they obviously never thought they could lose their access to Aso Rock. Fastforward to 2017, the very same PDP actors are now decrying the deployment of the military for civil matters, while the APC guys who now have access to Aso Rock are defending the deployment of soldiers.

The tables only just turned, it's got nothing to do with ethnic or tribal or religious sentiments which the politician always use to deceive gullible folks; it's all politics and these guys are all political actors. That is my alternative explanation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will The Donald Dukes Of Nigeria Ever Get A Chance? - Dele Momodu / My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS / Rivers APC Elect Flag Ojukaye Amachree As Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.