Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. - Gaming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. (25822 Views)

Who Dey Play Chess For Chess.com? / Nairaland Chess Players (Play a Nairalander) / Thread For Scrabble And Chess Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2017
Collinz2:
and am not even qualified to be called amateur.
My bad! I'm not qualified to be called amateur either but beginner cheesy

2 Likes

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by isaiah9(m): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2017
Collinz2:
i am reading it and its quite interesting. One player (e.g white) might be afraid to checkmate black (second player) because red (third player) can capture white and do the final checkmating. Before u more u have to think extra carefull cause u might have two different attacker. I even saw 4 player chess.
yeah the first person to checkmate wins.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by isaiah9(m): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2017
Collinz2:
and am not even qualified to be called amateur.
grin grin grin grin me sef
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 10:15am On Nov 22, 2017
isaiah9:
yeah the first person to checkmate wins.
but risky.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2017
vivie01:

My bad! I'm not qualified to be called amateur either but beginner cheesy
hahaha

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by isaiah9(m): 10:18am On Nov 22, 2017
Collinz2:
but risky.
which is why it should be interesting.
We could even change the rules to suit us, like the last king standing wins grin although unto Nigeria pattern, two of the players might gang up against the other player by attacking him/her left and right grin grin
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 10:19am On Nov 22, 2017
I don't know what is wrong with me, the other day i was playing chess with someone i am teaching and i decided to remove my queen and one of my bishop, like play i was checkmated.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 10:20am On Nov 22, 2017
isaiah9:
which is why it should be interesting.
We could even change the rules to suit us, like the last king standing wins grin
lol. Anyone's in check automatically loose his/her turn except the third player save you.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by isaiah9(m): 10:23am On Nov 22, 2017
Collinz2:
lol. Anyone's in check automatically loose his/her turn except the third player save you.
yeah something like that
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
Collinz2:
I don't know what is wrong with me, the other day i was playing chess with someone i am teaching and i decided to remove my queen and one of my bishop, like play i was checkmated.

Next time when you dashout queen, dont even try to dash out bishops and make sure you have the two rooks, that way u can manage to win,

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
MelloMusings:
Here's a game I recently played with my buddy (I'm the opaque pieces with my queen placing his king into submission)

Nice one, my king is always behind one bishop, and make sure a Knight is closer. Nice game i love the piece. Am planning on buying one magnetic glass board but it cost is 22k. Imagine buying game for 20k+
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sherifastro:

Next time when you dashout queen, dont even try to dash out bishops and make sure you have the two rooks, that way u can manage to win,
i have my rooks with me, the table turn around when i refuse to capture his rook and he captured mine.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sherifastro:

Nice one, my king is always behind one bishop, and make sure a Knight is closer. Nice game i love the piece. Am planning on buying one magnetic glass board but it cost is 22k. Imagine buying game for 20k+
22k? Why? Because of the glass. And I even want to get one glass board.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
Collinz2:
22k? Why? Because of the glass. And I even want to get one glass board.

Its also magnetic, not just glass. Its so beautiful
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
Collinz2:
i have my rooks with me, the table turn around when i refuse to capture his rook and he captured mine.

Ok, i get it now. You are playing with him as a novice. So no strong hands.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sherifastro:

Ok, i get it now. You are playing with him as a novice. So no strong hands.
yea
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sherifastro:

Its also magnetic, not just glass. Its so beautiful
but 22k 4 chess is expensive
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 5:48am On Nov 23, 2017
isaiah9:
grin grin grin grin me sef

Oga, you no dey our league oh or you dey laugh someone like me? sad cheesy
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 7:03am On Nov 23, 2017
Collinz2:
but 22k 4 chess is expensive

Its a big sport shop. I no price am again as i hear 22k.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2017
Sherifastro:

Its a big sport shop. I no price am again as i hear 22k.
lol
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by isaiah9(m): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
vivie01:

Oga, you no dey our league oh or you dey laugh someone like me? sad cheesy
I be still learner ooo
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
isaiah9:
I be still learner ooo
na so una dey talk i be learner ooo but una go dey win person like say 2moro no dey lolz
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by isaiah9(m): 1:15am On Nov 24, 2017
Collinz2:
na so una dey talk i be learner ooo but una go dey win person like say 2moro no dey lolz
grin grin grin I nor know why e dey like that. Naso i teach won guy for my area and now the guy dey challenge me seriously like say him be pro already. Sometimes he dey win me sef grin but i no teach am all the tricks weh i know so i dey win am more.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2017
isaiah9:
grin grin grin I nor know why e dey like that. Naso i teach won guy for my area and now the guy dey challenge me seriously like say him be pro already. Sometimes he dey win me sef grin but i no teach am all the tricks weh i know so i dey win am more.
the guy wey i teach dey try he dey win me self, one day he give me 3 - 0 i fear. If i dey play with person i dey show them their mistakes and my mistake. But sometimes i figure out of moves/tricks when playing against a pro or computer.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by isaiah9(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2017
Collinz2:
the guy wey i teach dey try he dey win me self, one day he give me 3 - 0 i fear. If i dey play with person i dey show them their mistakes and my mistake. But sometimes i figure out of moves/tricks when playing against a pro or computer.
True... You learn new moves playing against pros or computer especially computer.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 1:41am On Dec 04, 2017
Playing against pro is no easy task.

I just discovered that chess is extremely difficult when playing with human unlike computer that you can undo moves.

I played with human on Saturday I couldn't win a game I played well but lost vital pieces not like I was so careless,

Why chess is difficult is because each of those major piece have so many possible moves ,

You have to think so hard. It's annoying

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
Rick9 i prefer human to computer, because human gives more time to analyse the game (your moves and opponent's moves) unlike computer as you play they play instantly and is confusing. I played with one bro, he just hit my friend and i sledge straight on the head and i learnt something from him which is to use the pawns as defence. And i found out if u open with any knight's pawn before advancing your king and queen pawn the game will seem a little bit easy.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
Human or physical playing is much more difficult. For computer you can undo and manipulate, it will also be given you hints on moves to make but human requires mastery of the game.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2017
Collinz2:
Rick9 i prefer human to computer, because human gives more time to analyse the game (your moves and opponent's moves) unlike computer as you play they play instantly and is confusing. I played with one bro, he just hit my friend and i sledge straight on the head and i learnt something from him which is to use the pawns as defence. And i found out if u open with any knight's pawn before advancing your king and queen pawn the game will seem a little bit easy.

Thank you very much, if I must be good I need to avoid playing computer, instead I will be using computer to learn.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
vivie01:
Human or physical playing is much more difficult. For computer you can undo and manipulate, it will also be given you hints on moves to make but human requires mastery of the game.

Sisterly I swear chess is difficult , because you have to think hard before making a move / capture
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2017
Collinz2:

If you lose queen don't lose Bishops , & Rooks. If you have one knight better
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2017
Well it hasn't been long I started chess anyway.

I guess I need to take time to learn different openings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? / Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each. / Dox Ose, Guinness World Record Attempt: Longest FIFA Live Stream Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.