Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,363 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. - Gaming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. (25745 Views)

Who Dey Play Chess For Chess.com? / Nairaland Chess Players (Play a Nairalander) / Thread For Scrabble And Chess Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by abham: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
vivie01:

Wow!!! shocked That will be serious and boring at the same time sha.
What do I know self grin
i tried playing a normal game with hint at level 100, but it ended in stalemate.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by EniHolar(f): 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2017
Good to be here
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
abham:
I downloaded chess on pc chess Lv 100, its level is from 1-100. I've only checkmated level 1-4 in rating mode, that one there is no hint and undo in rating mode. Its also difficult for me to checkmate in level 5 because i really don't know the movement of the king.

King ain't supposed to move but should be protected by all means, and should only be moved when necessary.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
abham:
i know how to castle, but the 'root' is what i don't understand.
You mean the ROOK , Well the Rook is supposed to be with the King always, and should be moved only when it's absolutely necessary, and try to get your rooks positioned at the center.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 10:32pm On Dec 18, 2017
EniHolar:
Good to be here
Good to have you here. Welcome ,

How's your chess skills hope it's improving.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
Sherifastro:
You forget empasant move, fifty move rule, three repetition fold, four repetition fold, etc all these are important too so it won't look like magic to some

Thanks bro , pls can you just help out and write something on them, thanks
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
Sherifastro:

En Passant is simply when you make a capture after a pawn is moved two squares forward from its starting position.

So for example, when you move a pawn as White from e2 to e4 and you pass a black pawn sitting at d4 then Black can capture your e-pawn en passant because you passed it.

The opposing pawn can capture it the same way, as if it had only moved one square forward. After it is captured, the chess position is the same as if the pawn had only moved one square forward.

This chess rule applies only, if the pawn has not moved before during the game and is still sitting on its original square.

See pic

White pawn moves 2 square forward and black move to the black square diagonally and picks up the white pawn that moves 2 squares

Thanks bro
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
Sherifastro:

En Passant is simply when you make a capture after a pawn is moved two squares forward from its starting position.

So for example, when you move a pawn as White from e2 to e4 and you pass a black pawn sitting at d4 then Black can capture your e-pawn en passant because you passed it.

The opposing pawn can capture it the same way, as if it had only moved one square forward. After it is captured, the chess position is the same as if the pawn had only moved one square forward.

This chess rule applies only, if the pawn has not moved before during the game and is still sitting on its original square.

See pic

White pawn moves 2 square forward and black move to the black square diagonally and picks up the white pawn that moves 2 squares

This en passant move is so annoying eh

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
Sherifastro:

Fifty move rule occurs if you or your opponent moves any of your pieces 50 times without any capture. The game ends in a draw. Some rules says 15 moves instead of 50. So rules always changes,

Threefold repetition the threefold repetition rule means a player can claim a draw if the same position occurs three times, or will occur after their next move, with the same player to move. The repeated positions do not need to occur in succession. The idea behind the rule is that if the position occurs three times, no progress is being made.

Samething applies to fourfold repetition, but 4 moves instead of 3.

Thanks jare, for the enlightenment
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
Collinz2:
how come the King has 9 points and i heard that pawns are as important as any other piece in the game.

I guess it's because the King is the most important piece in the Board
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
Collinz2:
Have you guys notice computer sometimes castle quickly, are they really protecting the king or just making the two rooks and the queen comes closer together making em poweful.
I guess they are trying to protect the King and the same time trying to control the centre
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
Sherifastro:

I think the king has 9 points because it has same power as the queen but limited distance, i believe its because it the most important piece and also the main aim of the game.,

As for the pawn, the reason they are as important as any other piece in the game is because of promotions. every pawn is a potential queen. So to me apart from Queen pawn is the next important piece, i dont just loose or sacrifice my pawn unless am certain i will capture a rook, knight, or bishop.

So correct
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2017
Sherifastro:
I just played this, i am using white can someone show me my next my last move to checkmate?

This stupid game don give me headache.

Plz what's the name of this chess, can I get it on playstore
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
I just played a Very funny game,

Computer had 2 Queens I still won at Expert level grin
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 12:57am On Dec 19, 2017
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 9:16am On Dec 19, 2017
Rick9:
I just played a Very funny game,

Computer had 2 Queens I still won at Expert level grin
what are they thinking losing with two queens.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2017
Collinz2:
what are they thinking losing with two queens.

Even me I was shocked, well when they promoted a pawn to Queen I used My Queen and Bishop to start attacking the King, and I checkmated them.

I Happy eh
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 10:08am On Dec 19, 2017
Rick9:

This en passant move is so annoying eh

Thats why you need to occupy and control the middle before your opponent does. But careful so you wont cause yourself trouble.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2017
Rick9:

King ain't supposed to move but should be protected by all means, and should only be moved when necessary.

This is wrong o, the reason some people loose is because they don't know how to use kings as weapon.

Learn how to use your king, his 9 points is not just to sit on throne.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2017
Rick9:

Plz what's the name of this chess, can I get it on playstore

3d chess
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 10:17am On Dec 19, 2017
Rick9:

I guess they are trying to protect the King and the same time trying to control the centre

Best defense is the best attack. Hide your king as quickly as you can. But when the game is so much interesting try to give your king one breathing space and start thinking deeply with any moves your opponent makes.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Sherifastro:

Best defense is the best attack. Hide your king as quickly as you can. But when the game is so much interesting try to give your king one breathing space and start thinking deeply with any moves your opponent makes.
thats correct.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
Sherifastro:

This is wrong o, the reason some people loose is because they don't know how to use kings as weapon.

when the game has turn against me i bring out my king to cause damage.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
It is very bad to keep the king in a crowded corner

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
Collinz2:

Better, i do that too, but especially when my queen is gone and the two rooks.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
Sherifastro:

Truth be told the King is powerful, but you know that fear of checkmate,
I can't be attacking and my king is running Helter skelter. .
Na fear dey cause am
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
Sherifastro:

3d chess
I couldn't find it, if you can just screen shot the icon, I would appreciate.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2017
Sherifastro:

That's true jare.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2017
Collinz2:
grin you no dey fear at all.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
Mehn honestly in chess eh, I am so scared of Knights,

If my knights have been captured and my opponent knights are still in the board I start to tremble.

Knights are just so destructive the way they jump pieces
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
Rick9:
Mehn honestly in chess eh, I am so scared of Knights,

If my knights have been captured and my opponent knights are still in the board I start to tremble.

Knights are just so destructive the way they jump pieces

Oh! What do you think we've been saying before about knights? They are dangerous and destructive! If not for the queen's multiple moves, it would have been following the knights at the back.

If your knights are captured early, it will take your expertise to win that game. In my opinion o, they are the baddest!
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by alleazardous(m): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2017
Good to be here..... Have been looking for a trend like this

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? / Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each. / Dox Ose, Guinness World Record Attempt: Longest FIFA Live Stream Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.