Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy (28321 Views)

Tecno’s New Camon X Is Launching On April 5th / Iphone X, Is It Worth The Price Or Just An Overrated Piece Of Metal / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event (2) (3) (4)

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by DavidEsq(m): 9:30am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Use this link - https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword/
See ur kpangolo head. E no work jor angry
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by LordAdam16: 9:31am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I've never been poor in my life and I don't intend on being. Being wealthy doesn't mean that you should spend your money on anything. Spend carelessly and you'll definitely go broke. The phone is full of recycled features and even if I want a high end smartphone, I'd prefer the Galaxy Note 8 or Xiaomi Mi Mix2 or I could even wait for the release of the Nokia 9. What's the new groundbreaking feature Apple has brought on the iPhone X? - NOTHING

What's the new groundbreaking feature Apple has brought on the iPhone X?

AR.
FaceID, that isn't fooled by a photo unlike Android's face authentication.

I'm not saying the iPhone X is not pricey. It certainly is. But so is the Note 8/V30/and the upcoming Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

The Note 8 starts at $969 ($30 cheaper than the iPhone X). V30 starts at $830. Mate 10 Pro starts at $835.

All of these are premium devices. And unless you've been living under a rock, phone prices have been rising for the last two years. The murmurs only started last year and entered full gear this year.

If the iPhone X is too expensive for you, get the iPhone 8/8+ (after they all have the insanely capable A11 Bionic chip that destroys every other SOC in the market). If the Note 8 is too expensive, get the S8/S8+. If the Mate 10 Pro is too expensive for you, get the base Mate 10.

You can't complain that a Mercedes Maybach S600 is too expensive when you have enough money to buy a Mercedes C-300. The S600 is not for everybody, ditto for the ultra-expensive, ultra-premium line of phones. If you think they aren't worth the price tag they're demanding, you're not a customer the top-line OEMs are looking for anyway.

Because the Note 8 and V30 are already breaking sales records. While people are holding off from buying the iPhone 8 duo because of the iPhone X.

Vote with your wallet.

What you should be campaigning about is why it'd take a Nigerian minimum wage earner two whole year salary to purchase the iPhone X, whereas it'd take at most two months of a minimum wage earner's salary in OECD countries.

-Lord
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by jbichene(m): 9:35am On Sep 21, 2017
Really true , I hate apples their security protocols drive me crazy
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 21, 2017
I'll rather buy a $1000 dollar phone that doesn't gimme issues with upgrading or getting malwares from unknown sources....Android is sh*t
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:40am On Sep 21, 2017
Benz4pimp:
well,no matter how you compare,I love Apple and I am addicted to it....let them sell for 2000$,I will stick to it...Have you ever wondered why some people stick to Mercedes benz?Or are there no other brands that can offer same option?Or is Mercedes also over rated?

It's your choice and if you decide to stick to it, I'll respect your decision.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2017
LordAdam16:

AR.

I'm not saying the iPhone X is not pricey. It certainly is. But so is the Note 8/V30/and the upcoming Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

The Note 8 starts at $969 ($30 cheaper than the iPhone X). V30 starts at $830. Mate 10 Pro starts at $835.

All of these are premium devices. And unless you've been living under a rock, phone prices have been rising for the last two years. The murmurs only started last year and entered full gear this year.

If the iPhone X is too expensive for you, get the iPhone 8/8+ (after they all have the insanely capable A11 Bionic chip that destroys every other SOC in the market). If the Note 8 is too expensive, get the S8/S8+. If the Mate 10 Pro is too expensive for you, get the base Mate 10.

You can't complain that a Mercedes Maybach S600 is too expensive when you have enough money to buy a Mercedes C-300. The S600 is not for everybody, ditto for the ultra-expensive, ultra-premium line of phones. If you think they aren't worth the price tag they're demanding, you're not a customer the top-line OEMs are looking for anyway.

Because the Note 8 and V30 are already breaking sales records. While people are holding off from buying the iPhone 8 duo because of the iPhone X.

Vote with your wallet.

-Lord

Nice points.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 21, 2017
Suntemi:

If Android is your definition of something new, I give up on you brother.

He didn't say Android is something new. He simply stated nk cutting edge feature can be found on the phone. He is right tho, faceID failed on the stage. TouchID is gone. FaceID alone can never be convenient on day to day use.

Heck, you won't be given a wireless charger with that sum paid for the phone neither will you be given air play. Apple reaps off and that's a known fact.

Volume keys will soon disappear, i can smell that from the control centre
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

It's your choice and if you decide to stick to it, I'll respect your decision.
thanks for respecting my decision but you never answered the other question asked
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2017
SonOfAfonja:
I'll rather buy a $1000 dollar phone that doesn't gimme issues with upgrading or getting malwares from unknown sources....Android is sh*t

grin.. Call Android Sh*t but it still doesn't change the fact that Android is the best. grin... I don't hate iOS but it's definitely Overrated.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:45am On Sep 21, 2017
DavidEsq:
See ur kpangolo head. E no work jor angry
embarassed...
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2017
Benz4pimp:
thanks for respecting my decision but you never answered the other question asked

It's a matter of preferences. Cars and Smartphones are actually two different things maybe Autojosh can answer that better.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2017
sarutobie:

This, I wonder why Nigerians associate wealth with phone..I'm your normal hustling guy, I use an iPhone but I will never be deluded into thinking I am rich because where my wealth stop na where another person own start..majority of Americans are of the opinion that the iPhone X is overpriced..
the same Americans will sleep,queue outside the store to purchase it
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

grin.. Call Android Sh*t but it still doesn't change the fact that Android is the best. grin... I don't hate iOS but it's definitely Overrated.
ios is not overrated
Ps I use iPhone and android.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

It's a matter of preferences. Cars and Smartphones are actually two different things maybe Autojosh can answer that better.
Thanks for smartly runing away from that.....
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:53am On Sep 21, 2017
bjhaid:
the same Americans will sleep,queue outside to purchase it

Bro you don't compare Americans To Nigerians. We have a completely different system from theirs. They make installmental payments for the phone and most times it is tied to their Cellphone Carriers Verizon and T-mobile who take the payments monthly until they get the complete money and all Americans have to do is to Exchange their Old iPhone and add a little money on top to get the new one. it's that easy. And what happens to the exchanged iPhones? They send it down to Africa and Asia to sell and that's why you'll see a lot of iPhones that need to be unlocked from their network.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Android is the best really? It's only kids that care about customization, where to get apps and music, especially broke ones....Ios rules the mobile world.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 21, 2017
LordAdam16:

AR.

Vote with your wallet.

What you should be campaigning about is why it'd take a Nigerian minimum wage earner two whole year salary to purchase the iPhone X, whereas it'd take at most two months of a minimum wage earner's salary in OECD countries.

-Lord

AR is still in it's infant stage so it's not grounbreaking yet and besides Google has got ARCore too. We will know which is better.

FaceID failed on the stage while millions were watching. How secured it is gonna be known soonest. TouchID was said to be secured but it could be bypassed.

Samsung face detection is rated low as against the Iris scanner and yes it was fooled with a not just a photo but a 3D photo alongisde other technical methods which can't work on a normal day.

Yes, binoic SoC is a beast and their SoCs have always been a beast but all these phones take advantage of it? Hell no, you can't even split screen on an iPhone because Apple says so. At least let the bigger variants be able to don't while the smaller wouldn't .

Did you know the thousand bucks will buy you just the phone and the wireless charger has to be bought separately? You have gotta buy the airpods separately too.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Arsasee(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Alright a couple of days ago, Apple launched the new iPhone X alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus cleverly skipping the iPhone 9.

Like most Apple devices, the iPhone X broke the bank, costing over £999 (that's basically almost N400,000 in my currency)

Me right now.. Trying to figure out how N400k can change someone's life

I'll be quite honest I can't see any ground breaking feature on the iPhone X.

Is it the Design?

The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 obviously does better.

No Physical Home Button?
Yeah.. Probably because Samsung ditched theirs

Yeah they dumped the head phone jacks for Airpods?

I'm not trying to be a cheapskate but why should anyone get wireless headphones that cost $159 (N60,000). I'd rather get a quality headset (Beats By Dr Dre). And what happens if one gets missing?

It has secure Face ID that can only be wrong one in a million times?

Did you watch the iPhone X launch at the Apple Headquarters in Cupertino. Face ID couldn't unlock the phone. I guess that was the one in a million times they meant. Apple didn't tell us what happens if identical twins try to unlock one phone.I guess the passcode is just a secure way to bypass the whole debacle.
Samsung comes with Iris Scanning and Fingerprint Scanning.

Dual Camera Setup and Wireless Charging ?
I shouldn't be saying this but you and I know they're not the first to do this. There's totally nothing new here.

A lot of us expected Apple to add the touch ID beneath the screen but they never did. Vivo actually beat them to that feature.

With all the smartphones available in the world, I'd say it's really unwise for anyone waste $1,000 for stolen, exaggerated, reused and almost useless features.

Apple has always been trying to sabotage Samsung and the entire Android OS. The iPhone X’s screen is quite inferior to that of the S8 in terms of pixel density and brightness and they had the nerve to market it as "the future of smartphones".

Seriously "$1000" for a smartphone is daylight robbery. You can even get any affordable smartphone with similar features for less than that price.

Apple definitely has a very strong marketing scheme that causes people to go crazy over them. I don't know how they do it, but congrats to them but I'd rather not fork out $1000 for a new smartphone.

You'd think Apple would listen to people and fix a lot of things on their Anniversary device to mark the end of a decade since the existence of the iPhone but "No" , they're try to take our eyes off what they've not done.

1.You still can't install Apps outside the Apple Store

2. It's still difficult transferring files between Computers (Not Macs) and iPhones without iTunes

3. The Accessories Are Still Expensive

4. Users still don't have total control of customization

Apple makes massive profits from their devices due to the monopoly they enjoy from their O.S and its actually becoming something else.

You might think because it's because I'm a huge fan of Android phones that's why I'm saying their phone is overrated, well don't judge me yet until you hear what Daniel fromTechKnowNG has to say. :

The iPhone X features an edge-to-edge OLED display and comes with a $999 price tag. I don't know how the price tag will affect other Apple iPhone products but just as usual the iPhone is probably going to get a lot of sales based on surveys. The IPhone X has received a number of criticisms from smartphone users and the fact that it malfunctioned on the launch date sparked a number of hilarious criticisms on social media and we shouldn't ignore that.

The question now is

"Is The IPhone X An Overrated Smartphone "

Let's take a look at some of the features

1. The edge-to-edge OLED screen

The feature that makes the IPhone X stand out is it's edge-to-edge OLED screen display. Apple was quite excited about the edge-to-edge OLED display during it's launch, but this feature has obviously been on Android phones for quite a while. It's been available on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Xiaomi Mi Mix and a couple of other Android devices so there's no reasonable way I'm spending a thousand dollars on a feature I can get for less on other devices.

2. Facial Recognition Software

This is like the most annoying part of the IPhone X, the facial recognition system. I'm okay with the fact Apple tried to come up with something new but the question now is will the IPhone X facial recognition system be able to recognize ladies when they're on makeups, fixed eyelashes or users in general when they have an injury anywhere on their face. Probably not, so you will be left with a device that only recognize you when you have a straight face, I'd advice you not to buy something like that.

3. The iPhone X is expensive. very expensive

One of the noticeable aspects of the iPhone X perhaps more noticeable than its display is its price tag. Apple has set the starting cost for its flagship product at $1,000 If you include taxes and the 256GB storage configuration. The device is even more expensive outside the US — customers in Italy, Russia, and Poland, for instance, will all have to pay around $1,600 for a 256GB version of the iPhone X

Generally, I feel the IPhone X is an overrated phone, it shouldn't be this expensive because all the features that Apple has claimed is new are not new, they all have been on Android phones, I mean affordable ones. But the IPhone X comes with an Apple logo at the back of it so I expect the logo alone to be worth more than $400.

That's what Daniel thinks but what do you think about the iPhone X.Overrated, Overpriced, Over Hyped.. I'd love to know your thoughts on this. Drop your opinion in the comments.

You should understand that anything good at all doesn't come cheap. From the OS and built quality to the longevity of iPhone and also apple won't let the Glory of iPhone fade makes that price tag worth it. Hacker can easily gain access to Android than ios, so there is security cover more on iPhone. You should also be aware that when apple design there products they consider health and safety a priority, not to mention the crystal clear sound to less eye straining screen used on iPhones. Don't let Nigeria naira make you hate iPhone. iPhone won't seem overpriced to you if you were working abroad and getting paid in dollars.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2017
Benz4pimp:
Thanks for smartly runing away from that.....

LOL.. It's not my field. I'd rather stay quiet than say what I don't know
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by LordAdam16: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2017
Benz4pimp:
well,no matter how you compare,I love Apple and I am addicted to it....let them sell for 2000$,I will stick to it...Have you ever wondered why some people stick to Mercedes benz?Or are there no other brands that can offer same option?Or is Mercedes also over rated?

I get your point, but comparing Mercedes to Apple is like comparing apples (no pun intended) to oranges.

Mercedes is the best marquee hands down. BMW and Audi may come close, but MB still the gold standard.

Apple fleeces their loyalists. In a way that Mercedes wouldn't even dare.

For example if you pre-order the Note 8 which is roughly the same price as the Apple X, you get a free $100 wired earphone out of the box and the option to choose between a 256GB SD card, a wireless charger, or Samsung gear for free (depending on the region).

In comparison, when you pre-order the Apple X, you also have to pay $150 for wireless earphones then pay $130 for a wireless charger. Add the $100 for a folio leather case to product both sides of the phone and it seems like a typical Apple customer is being violated.

And let's not get started on the features in other premium and even mid-range smartphones that are not on the iPhone. Which is very unlike Mercedes that give you the best features ever to grace a car when you pay a premium price.

-Lord

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:57am On Sep 21, 2017
Arsasee:

You should understand that anything good at all doesn't come cheap. From the OS and built quality to the longevity of iPhone and also apple won't let the Glory of iPhone fade makes that price tag worth it. Hacker can easily gain access to Android than ios, so there is security cover more on iPhone. You should also be aware that when apple design there products they consider health and safety a priority, not to mention the crystal clear sound to less eye straining screen used on iPhones. Don't let Nigeria naira make you hate iPhone. iPhone won't seem overpriced to you if you were working abroad and getting paid in dollars.

Lol.. I'm actually getting paid in pounds from my blog so I don't actually see why if I go abroad it'll make such a difference. I've taking quite a lot of courses on ethical hacking and I'll tell you that Security is just an illusion. iOS is vulnerable as much as Android is, there's no such thing as one system being more secure than the other.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Habyz(m): 9:58am On Sep 21, 2017
The most annoying part is that they don't bring new ideas and the prices are cut-troath, still installing a new app outside the Apple store is impossible, for crying out loud they have been in this business for so long.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by olarababi(f): 10:02am On Sep 21, 2017
heryurh:
Na likes u go chop abi angry
u never hear say seun don dy pay people with the highest likes in a post
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by texazzpete(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2017
Broke Android fanboys will never let Apple users rest.

Whining about the price...it's in the same price range as the Galaxy Note 8 and the upcoming Google Pixel XL2...but fanboys will not hear word.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by LordAdam16: 10:16am On Sep 21, 2017
ollah1:

AR is still in it's infant stage so it's not grounbreaking yet and besides Google has got ARCore too. We will know which is better.

FaceID failed on the stage while millions were watching. How secured it is gonna be known soonest. TouchID was said to be secured but it could be bypassed.

Samsung face detection is rated low as against the Iris scanner and yes it was fooled with a not just a photo but a 3D photo alongisde other technical methods which can't work on a normal day.

Yes, binoic SoC is a beast and their SoCs have always been a beast but all these phones take advantage of it? Hell no, you can't even split screen on an iPhone because Apple says so. At least let the bigger variants be able to don't while the smaller wouldn't .

Did you know the thousand bucks will buy you just the phone and the wireless charger has to be bought separately? You have gotta buy the airpods separately too.

I know all of that, but if you want to be in the iOS ecosystem and get the best smartphone money can buy, it's the X or nothing.

That said, saying AR is still growing isn't that much of a point. Alexa was once in an infant stage, same as the Apple Store. They grew and set the standard for competitors. Android wins the VR space, but at the moment and considering the beast of an SOC in the X, Apple may be leading the AR space for now.

FaceID failed on stage. Big oomph moment that made Apple stock temporarily dip, but apparently it fails 1 in 1 million times compared to 1 in 30,000 for fingerprints. Most authentications can be bypassed, but from a tech POV, FaceID is more secure than TouchID. It may not be as convenient, but it's not like Apple removed it for the same reason that they removed the jack. They removed it because they couldn't implement TouchID in screen. From all indications, they'd do so next year.

As I said, the X is the best iOS smartphone in the market, so you can't exactly start an Android vs iOS debate. Android is more versatile than iOS, and that's not up for contention. But the Bionic even with 3GB RAM outscores SD 835's with 8GB RAM. It's called efficiency and Apple went all out because of AR. If you want more features and less limitations get an Android premium device, it's being the same story since the original iPhone in 2009. It isn't going to change anytime soon.

But saying the iPhone X isn't worth the price tag is entirely subjective. Not objective. Is the iPhone X worth an upgrade for someone with an iPhone 7 or older? Abso-fuckin'-lutely. And considering the iPhone outsells every other Android "premium" device, the not-worth-the-price argument is stale already, because it's been beaten to death every year since 2009.

-Lord
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy. It is obvious that you are an embarrassment to all tech bloggers. Please scrap the "naija" out of your name/blog so people from other countries don't look at this shit you posted and assume all Nigerians are this stupid.

It is clear that you have no idea what being a tech guy is all about neither have you ever used an IOS device. (Very confident you're blogging just because you think you can make cheapskates out of it.)

I am an apple products user. every of my devices from phones computers and tablets even wristwatches are Apple and I didn't just started using Apple products today so I think I know better than a boy who is writing for attention.

Let's look at the crap you posted.

1. you can't install apps outside App Store
What other apps do I need that I cannot find on my App Store? Do you even value your security? This is the reason why you android fanboys keep screaming about malwares and viruses. Because you live in nigeria and are not an important person where no one wants to hack your android device other wise you'd have known the importance of security.

2. it's difficult transferring apps from iPhone to computers that are not Macs.

How much easier do you want it to be? Do I still have to explain to you about security? You can always download documents which you don't want anyone else having from your iCloud onto your windows PC if you must use windows. Transferring music audios and videos through iTunes is not only easy but safe as iTunes scans them and rid them of their virus if any. Besides with a Mac Pro I never had to worry about viruses. How else do you want life to be easy for you without fear of hacks or attacks?

3. Accessories are still expensive
If you had bought anything expensive and quality in your life you'll know why they're expensive. You'll know why people buy designers.

4. Are we complaining about not being able to tweak our phones? Do we look jobless to you? Do you expect Neymar or Nickiminaj to worry about tweaking her phone or putting the latest custom rom? We have a perfect beautiful UI that's better than androids. All the apps design are wey better so what else?

5. OLED DISPLAY.
You won't even try to compare my iPhone 7 LCD display to Samsung's s7 amoled display, talk more the iphone x oled display. Please hold an iPhone 7 and compare before you respond to this.

6. all apple users knows that you must put your pin after restarting to be able to use fingerprint and that's what happened with facial ID on launch day. Did you even bother to read? If you knew any tiny bit about iOS you'd have known this part.

In summary iPhone is not for the poor. It's not for jobless people sitting around that are of no importance, it's not for people that are not conscious of their security. And certainly not for people thinking about the next tweak to put in their phone. You're better off buying your $100 smart phones. But don't sit behind your 10mb subscriptions on low battery phones putting trash on a blog telling lies to the public with a name that may tarnish our Nigerian image.

Cheers!
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by sarutobie(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Android is the best really? It's only kids that care about customization, where to get apps and music, especially broke ones....Ios rules the mobile world.
So in your warped logic someone who opts for a galaxy s8 which is over 250k is broke?
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Lol I can afford that comfortably but spending that on an iPhone when you can get a Nokia 8 or Galaxy S8 for a lesser price. And it seems you forgot that replacing the parts is always a pain in the ass. You can easily purchase parts of flagship devices on Aliexpress. Try searching for the ones for the iPhone X after a few months and see if you can find anything. $1000 for a phone that doesn't bring any new features. I'd rather not. If they had something new I'd certainly not say anything about it. iPhones have always been overrated due to the fact that Apple has complete control.
Anything Americans Love is always overrated.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2017
sarutobie:

So in your warped logic someone who opts for a galaxy s8 which is over 250k is broke?

Anyone who opted for an S8 will not do so for the reason the op posted
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Lol I can afford that comfortably but spending that on an iPhone when you can get a Nokia 8 or Galaxy S8 for a lesser price. And it seems you forgot that replacing the parts is always a pain in the ass. You can easily purchase parts of flagship devices on Aliexpress. Try searching for the ones for the iPhone X after a few months and see if you can find anything. $1000 for a phone that doesn't bring any new features. I'd rather not. If they had something new I'd certainly not say anything about it. iPhones have always been overrated due to the fact that Apple has complete control.
you cannot afford an iPhone. Show me the phone you use now!
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:26am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:
NaijaTechGuy. It is obvious that you are an embarrassment to all tech bloggers. Please scrap the "naija" out of your name/blog so people from other countries don't look at this shit you posted and assume all Nigerians are this stupid.

It is clear that you have no idea what being a tech guy is all about neither have you ever used an IOS device. (Very confident you're blogging just because you think you can make cheapskates out of it.)

I am an apple products user. every of my devices from phones computers and tablets even wristwatches are Apple and I didn't just started using Apple products today so I think I know better than a boy who is writing for attention.

Let's look at the crap you posted.

1. you can't install apps outside App Store
What other apps do I need that I cannot find on my App Store? Do you even value your security? This is the reason why you android fanboys keep screaming about malwares and viruses. Because you live in nigeria and are not an important person where no one wants to hack your android device other wise you'd have known the importance of security.

2. it's difficult transferring apps from iPhone to computers that are not Macs.

How much easier do you want it to be? Do I still have to explain to you about security? You can always download documents which you don't want anyone else having from your iCloud onto your windows PC if you must use windows. Transferring music audios and videos through iTunes is not only easy but safe as iTunes scans them and rid them of their virus if any. Besides with a Mac Pro I never had to worry about viruses. How else do you want life to be easy for you without fear of hacks or attacks?

3. Accessories are still expensive
If you had bought anything expensive and quality in your life you'll know why they're expensive. You'll know why people buy designers.

4. Are we complaining about not being able to tweak our phones? Do we look jobless to you? Do you expect Neymar or Nickiminaj to worry about tweaking her phone or putting the latest custom rom? We have a perfect beautiful UI that's better than androids. All the apps design are wey better so what else?

5. OLED DISPLAY.
You won't even try to compare my iPhone 7 LCD display to Samsung's s7 amoled display, talk more the iphone x oled display. Please hold an iPhone 7 and compare before you respond to this.

6. all apple users knows that you must put your pin after restarting to be able to use fingerprint and that's what happened with facial ID on launch day. Did you even bother to read? If you knew any tiny bit about iOS you'd have known this part.

In summary iPhone is not for the poor. It's not for jobless people sitting around that are of no importance, it's not for people that are not conscious of their security. And certainly not for people thinking about the next tweak to put in their phone. You're better off buying your $100 smart phones. But don't sit behind your 10mb subscriptions on low battery phones putting trash on a blog telling lies to the public with a name that may tarnish our Nigerian image.

Cheers!

I'd respect the fact that you spent 5 minutes of your time to spew trash.. I always said Nigerians see Apple devices as a status quo that depicts wealth. Your reply is quite pathetic. I accept constructive criticism but if you feel you can type anything you want to just because you worship Apple devices, think again. One more thing, If there's one thing you should know, use Google and you'll definitely see that the so called foreigners have also called iPhones Overrated so get it into your head.

OPPO Mobile Discussion Thread / Let's Peek Into A Smartphone's Brain / TECNO Unveils Dynamic One Ai-Powered Robotic Dog At World Mobile Congress 2024

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124