Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy (28295 Views)

Tecno’s New Camon X Is Launching On April 5th / Iphone X, Is It Worth The Price Or Just An Overrated Piece Of Metal / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event (2) (3) (4)

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 21, 2017
LordAdam16:

I know all of that, but if you want to be in the iOS ecosystem and get the best smartphone money can buy, it's the X or nothing.

That said, saying AR is still growing isn't that much of a point. Alexa was once in an infant stage, same as the Apple Store. They grew and set the standard for competitors. Android wins the VR space, but at the moment and considering the beast of an SOC in the X, Apple may be leading the AR space for now.

FaceID failed on stage. Big oomph moment that made Apple stock temporarily dip, but apparently it fails 1 in 1 million times compared to 1 in 30,000 for fingerprints. Most authentications can be bypassed, but from a tech POV, FaceID is more secure than TouchID. It may not be as convenient, but it's not like Apple removed it for the same reason that they removed the jack. They removed it because they couldn't implement TouchID in screen. From all indications, they'd do so next year.

As I said, the X is the best iOS smartphone in the market, so you can't exactly start an Android vs iOS debate. Android is more versatile than iOS, and that's not up for contention. But the Bionic even with 3GB RAM outscores SD 835's with 8GB RAM. It's called efficiency and Apple went all out because of AR. If you want more features and less limitations get an Android premium device, it's being the same story since the original iPhone in 2009. It isn't going to change anytime soon.

But saying the iPhone X isn't worth the price tag is entirely subjective. Not objective. Is the iPhone X worth an upgrade for someone with an iPhone 7 or older? Abso-fuckin'-lutely. And considering the iPhone outsells every other Android "premium" device, the not-worth-the-price argument is stale already, because it's been beaten to death every year since 2009.

-Lord

The X is the best iOS smartphone cos the 8 and 8 plus are 6sss and 6sssPlus in disguise. We will see what both firms have in stock for AR in the coming months.

Apple said one in a million but the only time it failed the only one time it was tried on the stage. The X was rushed hence the ugly notch and delay in hitting the stores. They could have embedded the touchID on the Apple logo. They could embed it on the power button. That lone authentication method is very inconvenient. The X even stole gestures from webOS and BB10. We know what Apple would have said if another company shamelessly copies such a feature.

Everyday usage of the phone is inconvenient, accessing the notification and control centre is headache considering the size of the phone.

Sales will always favour Apple hence the stagnation in iPhones. You buy only an iPhone if you want iOS, same can't be said about it's competitor.

There are great phones to choose from on the Android platfrom if I was looking to upgrade. So comparing the sales is comparing Apples to Oranges.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:
you cannot afford an iPhone. Show me the phone you use now!

I don't have time for kids please. Go play with your toys or something.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Frankly, i laugh when i read lines like that
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

You came up posting rubbish to get views on your blog and you call your elder a kid. You cannot afford an iPhone at least not yet. If you can prove me wrong so we know we are talking to someone who has his head on his shoulders
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:34am On Sep 21, 2017
ollah1:

Frankly, i laugh when i read lines like that

Bro, if he had dropped a mature response, I won't address him as such. Look at his comments. Completely illogical.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Kingspin(m): 10:34am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I've never been poor in my life and I don't intend on being. Being wealthy doesn't mean that you should spend your money on anything. Spend carelessly and you'll definitely go broke. The phone is full of recycled features and even if I want a high end smartphone, I'd prefer the Galaxy Note 8 or Xiaomi Mi Mix2 or I could even wait for the release of the Nokia 9. What's the new groundbreaking feature Apple has brought on the iPhone X? - NOTHING
That is why there are varieties of phone in the market. So that you can make one or two choice (s). Apple company have set of customer they target maybe you are not one of them. And the only thing you do is tp move to another smartphone company that you feel satisfied. Period. This is a business.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2017
sarutobie:

So in your warped logic someone who opts for a galaxy s8 which is over 250k is broke?

Someone who can afford a 250k phone wouldn't bother him/herself over Apple phones getting overly expensive, only shitfinix and wackno users....
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I'd respect the fact that you spent 5 minutes of your time to spew trash.. I always said Nigerians see Apple devices as a status quo that depicts wealth. Your reply is quite pathetic. I accept constructive criticism but if you feel you can type anything you want to just because you worship Apple devices, think again. One more thing, If there's one thing you should know, use Google and you'll definitely see that the so called foreigners have also called iPhones Overrated so get it into your head.

Did you even read what I typed? Because I value my security and I don't like my phone infected with malwares does that equates to status quo? Even poor learned men know the value of security.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Bro, if he had dropped a mature response, I won't address him as such. Look at his comments. Completely illogical.

Lol, i know his types. Just ignore him. The thing is, you can't have a logical discourse with an iPhone fan. They end up screaming poverty, money , poor et al. Smh
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:

You came up posting rubbish to get views on your blog and you call your elder a kid. You cannot afford an iPhone at least not yet. If you can prove me wrong so we know we are talking to someone who has his head on his shoulders

Check your comment if it looks like that of an Elder grin grin... I have nothing else to say.. You can check my previous responses to people who feel my views were wrong. You don't just come here and type anything.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 21, 2017
Only poor men see people riding in Bugatti, buying guccis and say they want to form or feel along. When clearly they bought it because its quality, makes you stand out and they can afford it.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 21, 2017
LordAdam16:

I get your point, but comparing Mercedes to Apple is like comparing apples (no pun intended) to oranges.

Mercedes is the best marquee hands down. BMW and Audi may come close, but MB still the gold standard.

Apple fleeces their loyalists. In a way that Mercedes wouldn't even dare.

For example if you pre-order the Note 8 which is roughly the same price as the Apple X, you get a free $100 wired earphone out of the box and the option to choose between a 256GB SD card, a wireless charger, or Samsung gear for free (depending on the region).

In comparison, when you pre-order the Apple X, you also have to pay $150 for wireless earphones then pay $130 for a wireless charger. Add the $100 for a folio leather case to product both sides of the phone and it seems like a typical Apple customer is being violated.

And let's not get started on the features in other premium and even mid-range smartphones that are not on the iPhone. Which is very unlike Mercedes that give you the best features ever to grace a car when you pay a premium price.

-Lord
Apple ain't Loyal.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:38am On Sep 21, 2017
ollah1:

Lol, i know his types. Just ignore him. The thing is, you can't have a logical discourse with an iPhone fan. They end up screaming poverty, money , poor et al. Smh

I swear grin.. Mentioning Neymar and Nicki Minaj.. What do they have to do with this grin..
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:

Did you even read what I typed? Because I value my security and I don't like my phone infected with malwares does that equates to status quo? Even poor learned men know the value of security.

Security is an illusion. iOS is not malware free. Don't deceive yourself.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Melaninprincess(f): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2017
Wait until they tell you that you don't like iPhone because you can't afford it cheesy
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Check your comment if it looks like that of an Elder grin grin... I have nothing else to say.. You can check my previous responses to people who feel my views were wrong. You don't just come here and type anything.

What more can I tell you? Carry your bicycle and go. I am not playing anymore. I have never commented on any of those iPhones and android comments on the phones section because I think it's a bunch of jobless people wasting their time. But when I saw your thread on front page and you're supposed to be a "techguy" from Nigeria? So much abuse of that word "techguy" but then again you're from Nigeria
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by ahmedbanj(m): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2017
Iphone is over-rated!!! Android phones remains the best.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Security is an illusion. iOS is not malware free. Don't deceive yourself.

Oh wow. Please "techguy" enlighten me. Show me these malwares please. Do you have a link also where I can download and INSTALL them on my phone?
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:42am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:

What more can I tell you? Carry your bicycle and go. I am not playing anymore. I have never commented on any of those iPhones and android comments on the phones section because I think it's a bunch of jobless people wasting their time. But when I saw your thread on front page and you're supposed to be a "techguy" from Nigeria? So much abuse of that word "techguy" but then again you're from Nigeria

grin grin .. Bro.. There's no need for all this argument. I really don't have time to type again. Apple isn't paying any of us neither is Google. Have the best of luck in all your endeavors today. #Peace
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2017
Melaninprincess:
Wait until they tell you that you don't like iPhone because you can't afford it cheesy

Lol.. Seen it a lot here already..
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:44am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:

Oh wow. Please "techguy" enlighten me. Show me these malwares please. Do you have a link also where I can download and INSTALL them on my phone?
Lol go to thehackernews.com and read iOS malware news.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I thought you're educated. That is not a specific link. I don't have time to start reading through all the posts that website has ever created. Give me a link where I can download a malware on my iPhone, tell me the name of this malware, and also very importantly tell me how to install it oga "Techguy"
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Melaninprincess(f): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Lol.. Seen it a lot here already..
Not surprised. Most of iPhone users are always quick to run to that while having an open argument
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2017
Lastly, to show your ignorance, iphone X is glass anyways not metal. Please modify your post
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2017
People that buy iPhones don’t care about all the trash I see up there!..if they wanted that,they would simply go for an android device to do the dirty works and tweaks..whatever that is..They’re super satisfied with the ui and out of the box.
Why YOU THINK it’s an over rated “piece of metal” doesn’t even matter.No one gives 2 fvcks about your opinion.

You don’t and won’t wanna buy the iPhone obviously.You have no intention whatsoever to get the iPhone...then why are you crying?
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2017
I will be happy if you told me your cellphone, show me a video of you reviewing the iPhone 8 or 7. Something to show me that you've actually used the iPhone. Are you not a techguy? Is that not what your supposed to be doing?
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:49am On Sep 21, 2017
Melaninprincess:
Not surprised. Most of iPhone users are always quick to run to that while having an open argument

It's the only thing they know that makes the iPhone stand out. Just because it's overpriced. I'm just tired of their antics.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Decale: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I'd respect the fact that you spent 5 minutes of your time to spew trash.. I always said Nigerians see Apple devices as a status quo that depicts wealth. Your reply is quite pathetic. I accept constructive criticism but if you feel you can type anything you want to just because you worship Apple devices, think again. One more thing, If there's one thing you should know, use Google and you'll definitely see that the so called foreigners have also called iPhones Overrated so get it into your head.

Everybody has told you what needed to be told.

You're a blogger and you need traffic plus growth to make heads in that business.

Every post you've made on this thread including the opening post is filled with vitriol, uncouth statements and bereft of rationalism. If you don't own an ios device or at least have a hands on for a few days for a review, you should be cautious in your posts. That's why review sites around the internet even including Misstechy have more clout

Most of the counter posts are from people that use both OS or have used, including posts by veterans that have been on phone section for years. If you can't see something there, you can go on with your overhyped $1k phone logic"

NB: Take this as constructive criticism that doesn't need an immature response.

I'm out

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Can you compare the threats of malware invasion on an average android user's phone to that of an iphone....
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:
Lastly, to show your ignorance, iphone X is glass anyways not metal. Please modify your post

Yes I forgot to add that.. Overrated piece of Glass..

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2017
iPhone users don't have the time to argue with you that's why you barely see them comment. There's a lot to be done than sitting down arguing. I had to even log in my nairaland account to comment because I browse most times as a guest. It was very provoking seeing a nonsense on grant page and a supposed Techguy from naija wrote it.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Can you compare the threats of malware invasion on an average android user's phone to that of an iphone....

There's no malware don't mind the ignorant op

TECNO Unveils Dynamic One Ai-Powered Robotic Dog At World Mobile Congress 2024 / Let's Peek Into A Smartphone's Brain / Fix Your Phone Without Leaving Your Comfort

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60