Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy (28320 Views)

Tecno’s New Camon X Is Launching On April 5th / Iphone X, Is It Worth The Price Or Just An Overrated Piece Of Metal / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event (2) (3) (4)

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Yes I forgot to add that.. Overrated piece of Glass..

I'm glad to see the supposed techguy is being enlightened.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2017
KillerFrost:
People that buy iPhones don’t care about all the trash I see up there!..if they wanted that,they would simply go for an android device to do the dirty works and tweaks..whatever that is..They’re super satisfied with the ui and out of the box.
Why YOU THINK it’s an over rated “piece of metal” doesn’t even matter.No one gives 2 fvcks about your opinion.

You don’t and won’t wanna buy the iPhone obviously.You have no intention whatsoever to get the iPhone...then why are you crying?

Like you said it's my opinion and I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are to yours. At least the U.D Declaration of Human Rights gives us all freedom of speech. So it's actually none of your business if you think I'm crying about it

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 21, 2017
Ollah1 calls the iPhone overrated but always ends up on every thread about the iPhone arguing wit every jack and Jill on why he thinks his opinion matters...

Dude seriously needs to get a life and stop carrying another mans business on his head!
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:

There's no malware don't mind the ignorant op

He's talking when it's been jailbroken, I know for sure....I taya for these android fanboys....why should I expose my device to risks et al, do i really need to tweak and customise my roms that'll still come with bugs and lags.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:57am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:

I'm glad to see the supposed techguy is being enlightened.
Lol. I knew that before so there's nothing enlightening there
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2017
KillerFrost:
Ollah1 calls the iPhone overrated but always ends up on every thread about the iPhone arguing wit every jack and Jill on why he thinks his opinion matters...

Dude seriously needs to get a life and stop carrying another mans business on his head!

Lol, dude's one delusional being....
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 21, 2017
KillerFrost:

Who did I argue with? I only had a discourse with just two talented folks here. Btw, are you stalking me?

I saw the thread before it hit the front page but didn't say a word, only conversed with someone i know and the op. They are both intellectually sound
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2017
Decale:

Everybody has told you what needed to be told.

You're a blogger and you need traffic plus growth to make heads in that business.

Every post you've made on this thread including the opening post is filled with vitriol, uncouth statements and bereft of rationalism. If you don't own an ios device or at least have a hands on for a few days for a review, you should be cautious in your posts. That's why review sites around the internet even including Misstechy have more clout

Most of the counter posts are from people that use both OS or have used, including posts by veterans that have been on phone section for years. If you can't see something there, you can go on with your overhyped $1k phone logic"

NB: Take this as constructive criticism that doesn't need an immature response.

I'm out

Like I've said previously, I accept constructive criticism and I'm quite okay with what you've said. However, it's my opinion and I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The same way I made a post about some Tecno devices not being good and Tecno fan boys attacked me verbally. I respect people's opinion but I don't see why people should insult me because my opinion doesn't correlate with theirs. You have your opinion and I have mine and I'll never insult you because you have a different opinion. There are just so many immature people on this section right now so I can understand why they churn out insults carelessly.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 21, 2017
ollah1:

O

Who did I argue with? I only had a discourse with just two talented folks here. Btw, are you stalking me?

I saw the thread before it hit the front page but didn't say a word, only conversed with someone i know and the op. They are both intellectually sound
I have seen you on every thread. Even on that Chelsea thread carrying Iphone matter on your head. And I am confident you're a Barca fan too
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:
I have seen you on every thread. Even on that Chelsea thread carrying Iphone matter on your head. And I am confident you're a Barca fan too

And you're a Chelsea fan?
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:

What's the correlation between Chelsea and iPhone?

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

And you're a Chelsea fan?

Lol cheesy
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Like you said it's my opinion and I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are to yours. At least the U.D Declaration of Human Rights gives us all freedom of speech. So it's actually none of your business if you think I'm crying about it
Keep crying about it!... if you need handkerchief.. tell me

Oga techguy said you can’t install apps except it’s from AppStore!... dude I’ve installed so many apps not from the AppStore.. without jailbreak...tech guy go and get yourself enlightened!
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 21, 2017
ollah1:

What's the correlation between Chelsea and iPhone?

You're very funny
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by SouthWestBlood(m): 11:11am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I've never been poor in my life and I don't intend on being. Being wealthy doesn't mean that you should spend your money on anything. Spend carelessly and you'll definitely go broke. The phone is full of recycled features and even if I want a high end smartphone, I'd prefer the Galaxy Note 8 or Xiaomi Mi Mix2 or I could even wait for the release of the Nokia 9. What's the new groundbreaking feature Apple has brought on the iPhone X? - NOTHING

You should know Nigerians and their "I want to belong attitude." They have no idea or whatsoever. I keep saying the same thing here, just overpriced and overhyped. So many Nigerians are dealing with low self-esteem. I stick to Samsung where I'm fully given access to do whatever with my phone. And even if I decided to change a phone, I think the BlackBerry KeyOne isn't a bad one. Oh, and then, they'll start to remind me of how BlackBerry has faded out.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 11:14am On Sep 21, 2017
SouthWestBlood:

You should know Nigerians and their "I want to belong attitude." They have no idea or whatsoever. I keep saying the same thing here, just overpriced and overhyped. So many Nigerians are dealing with low self-esteem. I stick to Samsung where I'm fully given access to do whatever with my phone. And even if I decided to change a phone, I think the BlackBerry KeyOne isn't a bad one. Oh, and then, they'll start to remind me of how BlackBerry has faded out.

Yeah.. That's quite true
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2017
Ollah1

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 21, 2017
Monstertrucks:
Ollah1

Why are you mentioning me upandan? Why are stalking me dude? Get a life Mr.

Edited

Lol, you are really a low lifer. So you went to check my comments and brought it here just to prove a point? Wow!!

So asking a question is now an argument? It was obvious the guy doesn't know what he was saying and couldn't even answer my question. The low-lifer(you) that brought this here can't answer the question either
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2017
im out of this thread. Probably back to viewing as a guest. Stop calling yourself a techguy when you don't know shit about Tech. My two cents.

Cheers!
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2017
SouthWestBlood:

What belong attitude?
Low self esteem in the sense that? Nigerians shouldn’t buy the phone because they are Nigerians? If You got your Samsung cos you wanted to belong doesn’t mean it applies everybody also

My phone does all I want it to do and I’m not complaining...the point exactly?

He even mentioned the keyone yet dismisses talks about the iPhone.. even after a nairalander had to exchange his after like a week with complaints here and there ... now I know the kind of people in this thread..

You all feel every one should get a device that suits you and you’re okay with and not what they want.. silly people everywhere
ollah1:

Why are you mentioning me upandan? Why are stalking me dude? Get a life Mr.

Edited

Lol, you are really a low lifer. So you went to check my comments and brought it here just to prove a point? Wow!!

So asking a question is now an argument? It was obvious the guy doesn't know what he was saying and couldn't even answer my question. The low-lifer(you) that brought this here can't answer the question either

Oga low lifer �������

I don't need to check your comments when you are everywhere
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Macaulish(m): 11:37am On Sep 21, 2017
Suntemi:
Ain't you guys tired already? Everytime Apple releases a new device. You people always have a thing to say about how your android is more superior, but you guys don't seems to understand that Apple don't just throw out a device with 1 million features like Samsung without making it close to perfection. You can keep comparing your Techno to iPhone X if that makes you sleep well but that synergy between iOS and iPhone is what your android devices will never have and that's what we are paying for.

Gbagaun . cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Ferrari is Different from Lamborghini as its not the same as Rolls-Royce..

Bless You
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Alirauf(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Alright a couple of days ago, Apple launched the new iPhone X alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus cleverly skipping the iPhone 9.

Like most Apple devices, the iPhone X broke the bank, costing over £999 (that's basically almost N400,000 in my currency)

Me right now.. Trying to figure out how N400k can change someone's life

I'll be quite honest I can't see any ground breaking feature on the iPhone X.

Is it the Design?

The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 obviously does better.

No Physical Home Button?
Yeah.. Probably because Samsung ditched theirs

Yeah they dumped the head phone jacks for Airpods?

I'm not trying to be a cheapskate but why should anyone get wireless headphones that cost $159 (N60,000). I'd rather get a quality headset (Beats By Dr Dre). And what happens if one gets missing?

It has secure Face ID that can only be wrong one in a million times?

Did you watch the iPhone X launch at the Apple Headquarters in Cupertino. Face ID couldn't unlock the phone. I guess that was the one in a million times they meant. Apple didn't tell us what happens if identical twins try to unlock one phone.I guess the passcode is just a secure way to bypass the whole debacle.
Samsung comes with Iris Scanning and Fingerprint Scanning.

Dual Camera Setup and Wireless Charging ?
I shouldn't be saying this but you and I know they're not the first to do this. There's totally nothing new here.

A lot of us expected Apple to add the touch ID beneath the screen but they never did. Vivo actually beat them to that feature.

With all the smartphones available in the world, I'd say it's really unwise for anyone waste $1,000 for stolen, exaggerated, reused and almost useless features.

Apple has always been trying to sabotage Samsung and the entire Android OS. The iPhone X’s screen is quite inferior to that of the S8 in terms of pixel density and brightness and they had the nerve to market it as "the future of smartphones".

Seriously "$1000" for a smartphone is daylight robbery. You can even get any affordable smartphone with similar features for less than that price.

Apple definitely has a very strong marketing scheme that causes people to go crazy over them. I don't know how they do it, but congrats to them but I'd rather not fork out $1000 for a new smartphone.

You'd think Apple would listen to people and fix a lot of things on their Anniversary device to mark the end of a decade since the existence of the iPhone but "No" , they're try to take our eyes off what they've not done.

1.You still can't install Apps outside the Apple Store

2. It's still difficult transferring files between Computers (Not Macs) and iPhones without iTunes

3. The Accessories Are Still Expensive

4. Users still don't have total control of customization

Apple makes massive profits from their devices due to the monopoly they enjoy from their O.S and its actually becoming something else.

You might think because it's because I'm a huge fan of Android phones that's why I'm saying their phone is overrated, well don't judge me yet until you hear what Daniel fromTechKnowNG has to say. :

The iPhone X features an edge-to-edge OLED display and comes with a $999 price tag. I don't know how the price tag will affect other Apple iPhone products but just as usual the iPhone is probably going to get a lot of sales based on surveys. The IPhone X has received a number of criticisms from smartphone users and the fact that it malfunctioned on the launch date sparked a number of hilarious criticisms on social media and we shouldn't ignore that.

The question now is

"Is The IPhone X An Overrated Smartphone "

Let's take a look at some of the features

1. The edge-to-edge OLED screen

The feature that makes the IPhone X stand out is it's edge-to-edge OLED screen display. Apple was quite excited about the edge-to-edge OLED display during it's launch, but this feature has obviously been on Android phones for quite a while. It's been available on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Xiaomi Mi Mix and a couple of other Android devices so there's no reasonable way I'm spending a thousand dollars on a feature I can get for less on other devices.

2. Facial Recognition Software

This is like the most annoying part of the IPhone X, the facial recognition system. I'm okay with the fact Apple tried to come up with something new but the question now is will the IPhone X facial recognition system be able to recognize ladies when they're on makeups, fixed eyelashes or users in general when they have an injury anywhere on their face. Probably not, so you will be left with a device that only recognize you when you have a straight face, I'd advice you not to buy something like that.

3. The iPhone X is expensive. very expensive

One of the noticeable aspects of the iPhone X perhaps more noticeable than its display is its price tag. Apple has set the starting cost for its flagship product at $1,000 If you include taxes and the 256GB storage configuration. The device is even more expensive outside the US — customers in Italy, Russia, and Poland, for instance, will all have to pay around $1,600 for a 256GB version of the iPhone X

Generally, I feel the IPhone X is an overrated phone, it shouldn't be this expensive because all the features that Apple has claimed is new are not new, they all have been on Android phones, I mean affordable ones. But the IPhone X comes with an Apple logo at the back of it so I expect the logo alone to be worth more than $400.

That's what Daniel thinks but what do you think about the iPhone X.Overrated, Overpriced, Over Hyped.. I'd love to know your thoughts on this. Drop your opinion in the comments.
we all know, na just the class & stature attach to the phone Ppl dey poshu
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by 50shadesofme: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

You're very correct bro.. It's really appalling that most Nigerians who even get the phone take it as a status quo that depicts wealth. Very pathetic.

I totally agree with you but it's not just Nigerians it's a worldwide dilemma everyone wants to own it with out even knowing what iPhone is really about its really just a basic fone with a brand name that makes people appear expensive or very high up there. The problem I believe is ignorance. The sad part is the majority of people who get hacked actually have an iPhone and simple explanation is everything about iPhone is centered in one file so easy to hack unlike Android phones that actually allow you to secure your accounts and the like.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by slinkman(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I've never been poor in my life and I don't intend on being. Being wealthy doesn't mean that you should spend your money on anything. Spend carelessly and you'll definitely go broke. The phone is full of recycled features and even if I want a high end smartphone, I'd prefer the Galaxy Note 8 or Xiaomi Mi Mix2 or I could even wait for the release of the Nokia 9. What's the new groundbreaking feature Apple has brought on the iPhone X? - NOTHING
this is a long unnecessary story. Buy what you need dude! I like the iPhone X and I find it as the best phone for me now . Simple.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Origin(f): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
Most celebrities use the iphone for free. Half of the planet uses it on contract.

Now the " smart" people grin
They buy it outright.

And they only use it to call and take pictures.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by DONADAMS(m): 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
refreshrate:

You can see how you went ahead to clarify things?

Now compare your response to what that sub human wrote.

Pls ehn for your own good and for the obvious fact that smart people are in limited supply in this place. You should try to just ignore some people please. I'd hate to see them wear you out.
savage grin
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by SouthWestBlood(m): 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
KillerFrost:

What belong attitude?
Low self esteem in the sense that? Nigerians shouldn’t buy the phone because they are Nigerians? If You got your Samsung cos you wanted to belong doesn’t mean it applies everybody also

My phone does all I want it to do and I’m not complaining...the point exactly?

He even mentioned the keyone yet dismisses talks about the iPhone.. even after a nairalander had to exchange his after like a week with complaints here and there ... now I know the kind of people in this thread..

You all feel every one should get a device that suits you and you’re okay with and not what they want.. silly people everywhere

1. He returned a faulty phone, Mr.

2. Everyone should get the device that suits him/her. You and I know the attitude of a typical Nigerian who uses iPhone. If you want an iPhone, get it and keep quiet. But trying to make other phones look inferior and looking down on those who use other brands is plain silly. I gave a reason up there why I'm sticking with Samsung. Bring 5 iPhone users here and ask them why they are using iPhone.

I know you will post a counter comment, but I won't bother myself to reply again. Have a lovely day.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by KamsyU: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheControversy:
Na wa o, all this long tori because of phone? Last last, if dem dash you one iPhone X you go still say "thank you sir God bless you sir."
I

Offcourse, if i be the one to which the iPhone x was giving to for free I'll gladly take it...

Not to use it but to sell and do something much better with the proceeds, don't you know materialism is a sin.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by salford1: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Apple is for rich that's all
Nope. most cooperate organizations now use iphone as official mobile phones. It has taken over the market BB once controlled.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by salford1: 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
jbichene:
Really true , I hate apples their security protocols drive me crazy
It is for this reason giant cooperations buys them massively as official mobile unit for their employees.

TECNO Unveils Dynamic One Ai-Powered Robotic Dog At World Mobile Congress 2024 / The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp / Whatsapp Group Admin Lands In Jail For Spreading Fake News.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67