Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Reply To "Are Igbos Really Marginalised" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reply To "Are Igbos Really Marginalised" (722 Views)

Babachir Lawal To Igbos: You Marginalised Yourselves, Stop Blaming Others / Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reply To "Are Igbos Really Marginalised" by junketer(m): 6:10am On Sep 20, 2017
After reading through that thread and the points people raised i have decided to really say why igbos feel marginalised or ill treated in nigeria. First and foremost, do you what an average igbo person goes through if he wants to travel from say lagos or abuja or from any other region to the east? Let me use the lagos to onitsha road for example. You drive from lagos through ogun and ondo states freely and with no hassles. It all starts when you approach edo state through to delta states. You meet police check points, army check points, custom check points, sometimes even immigration check points. They all have one mission, frustrate the igbo man until he parts with all the money he has. These people will harrass you, if you complain they assault you. They tell you straight, sort us out or face the consequences. The consequences can mean your death or they can seize your car for days. They surround the south east. If you are coming from the north its the same. They don't do this in the south west or the north.

Secondly, the igbo youths have seen hell in the hands of these men in uniform. I still don't understand why most police heads in the east are not igbos. Most police officers in the east are not igbos. Do you know that you can be picked up by the police or sars in the east around 10pm while walking on the street and be locked up? Then they place about five hundred thousand to 1 million for your release. If no one comes looking for you for about 2 weeks then the SARS will shoot and kill you. Yes it happens in the east. I don't even want to talk about what a trader in onitsha or aba or nnewi spends to receive his container in the east. Do i even have to talk about the school system. These are just a few of my observations. There is a lot of strategic killings of igbo youths in the east by men in uniform that go unpurnished. Lots of intimidation and harassments on the igbos. And who can forget the recent rail project by buhari that has cut off the whole south east? Thing is no matter what, the igbos are survivors.
Re: Reply To "Are Igbos Really Marginalised" by hakimi1974(m): 6:23am On Sep 20, 2017
o.p clap for yourself some people when never travel the length and breadth of this country will just sit down and enclose themselves in their cocoon and start typing thrash.
Re: Reply To "Are Igbos Really Marginalised" by ONYEUTALI: 6:54am On Sep 20, 2017
HTW
Re: Reply To "Are Igbos Really Marginalised" by johnwizey: 7:00am On Sep 20, 2017
Dis one is just trying to embarass himself.
Re: Reply To "Are Igbos Really Marginalised" by captleonerd(m): 9:16am On Sep 20, 2017
very shallow points. so there are no police check points in the southwest? you just sit down in nnewi without adequate study/info and jump into conclusion.

SARS is unfriendly and the same all over the country. a cousin once stepped out of deeper life bible church to urinate in Ibadan when we were small and he was arrested by the police for no reason. in fact Yorubas call it "won ko mo roger".

my dad once parked at the wrong spot on Lagos Ibadan expressway for just 10mins and he had to part with 20k as fine. infact the FRSC fines in the southwest are higher than the ones in the south south and south east. bring a lost of offences and the fines from the south east and let's compare with what I know about Lagos and Ibadan.

my car was taken to VIO yard along highway in calabar municipality in 2015. my offences where one missing wheel nut and a pointer at the back that wasn't working. while I was arguing with one o the officers his colleague took my car to their yard. the security system killed the engine on the road and the vehicle was towed to their office. with two offences and towing fee I paid 7000 naira. small money

commit the same offence in Lagos and you will part with nothing less than 30,000 naira.

in Ibadan once your vehicle enters their yard you will pay nothing less than 10,000naira.

I was around alausa when VIO towed a man's vehicle for wrong parking. he came while they were about to take the vehicle away and he started trying to stop them while pleading that he had to rush to the toilet. he was slammed with wrong parking, assault and obstruction. he was fined 60k right in my presence. if he goes to their office to plead he will part with nothing less than 30k.

a colleague once drove the company car without Lagos state driver's license and she was fined 20k.

driving without a driver's licence in calabar carries just 3000naira fine.

pls stop the lies
Re: Reply To "Are Igbos Really Marginalised" by Perceptor(m): 11:10am On Sep 20, 2017
OP, u must be very stupid for the senseless instances you sited on Igbo maginalization. So u blieve SARS, police and others dont do worse in other parts of the country uhn? The problem u pple have honestly is that u think u must be worshipped because u ar igbo, u think u shld hav the best of everything, u think u ar better than all other tribes. You think God is on your side and against all others but u neva asked urself why u have been brought so low as compared to even some minority ethnic grps, it's because "who ever exalted himself shall be brought low.. ". The more u fight this ungodly course, the more u sink u sink to the bottom.

1 Like

Re: Reply To "Are Igbos Really Marginalised" by ENNIULA: 8:00am On Jul 18, 2018
Girls want that man which have the salary in the 5 digits and then they will marry to that person but that is wrong. Girls are very greedy and no one boy will do the best assignment help uk for the girls to know the nature of their greediness.

(1) (Reply)

Kanu Was About To Stop Biafra Agitation When Army Attacked - Uko / Do We Have Women In The Mobile Police Force? / Breaking: President Buhari Meets South East Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.