Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,393 members, 7,853,749 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? (1241 Views)

Maga No Need Pay Remix / Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith / The Song 'igwe' By Midnight Crew. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by tosinaded(m): 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2010
Knowing fully well the Buzzz that the song Maga No need Pay created. . . We all felt yeaah, its a good move on the part of dem artistes to fight cyber crimes!!!! and all that.
http://www.4shared.com/file/232764165/d9d6f52d/Maga_No_Need_Pay_ft_BankyCohba.html

Then i heard Maga - By Jahborne
http://www.4shared.com/file/232758775/c9367db6/Jahborne_-_maga.html

and then the tut of the previous song, being a planned work came to mind!
fine the song tackles the issue of cyber crime in the country, But really on a 2nd tut. . addressing the issue of cybercrime is just us scratching the surface undecided

the same leaders who have caused havoc in the country, who av caused people left with no choice to do crime, are indirectly payn artistes to sing against wut they caused with bad leadership!

then i came accross this interview by Jahborn, where he made valid and solid points like

You recently replied to the song "maga no need pay"that was made to fight cyber crime,what led you to that?

I REPLIED TO THAT SONGS COS THE ARTISTES INVOLVED DIDN'T DO THAT SONG FOR FREE. THEY WERE PAID TO SPREAD A MESSAGE (THOU IT WAS A GOOD ONE) BUT FORGOT TO FIGHT THE CAUSE. IF THERE ARE JOBS AND EQUALITY IN NIGERIA, I DONT SEE WHY BOYS WILL WANT TO DO FRAUD. I WASNT ENCOURAGING CYBERCRIME NO DISSING THE OTHER ARTISTES BUT I WAS ONLY ADVISING THEM TO DIVERT ATTENTION TO THE GOVERNMENT. THEY FAIL TO DO SO BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED OF THE GOVERNMENT AND I AM NOW. EVERYONE WHO OPPOSED THE GOVERNMENT EITHER LOST HIS LIFE OR POSITION IN D ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY. FELA WENT AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT AND WAS KILLED. IDRIS DID NIGERIA JAGA JAGA AND WAS SENT ON EXILE UNTIL OBASANJO LEFT ASO ROCK.TUFACE DID :"NO BE SMALL THING" AND HE LOST HIOS POSITION AND SUPREMACY TO DBANJ WHO WILL NEVER SING AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT KNOWING WHAT HE GET FROM POLITICIANS. SO DID IT HAPPEN TO BLACKFAZE AFTER SING "HARDLIFE" AND AFRICAN CHINA WAS ABANDONED IN A BRITISH CELL because HE SANG "MR PRESIDENT" . LETS STOP HERE FOR NOW COS I HAVE A LONG LIST.

http://www./2010/03/exclusive-interview-with-jahborne.html

what do u think of all this?? me thinks dem banky, cohbams , M.I et all are just bloody A.ss lickers!!!!
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by asha80(m): 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2010
Food for thought

By the way what was Dele Momodu doing in 'maga no need pay'
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2010
It's quite obvious the power money has.Will u blame banky or the featured artist?.Its all about d cheddah man.
Now u can c those who r behind this ill act.Same pple who giv a fukless bout the music industry are now employin artist to speak 4 dem indirectly.u might not notice but they are there like ur eyelids.
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Fred87(m): 4:00pm On Mar 02, 2010
These acts just disgraced themselves,to me they've just lost their originality.passin the right message with wrong morals.eez
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by gbengasesan: 12:36am On Mar 03, 2010
Dear all,

The artistes were not paid to do this song ('Maga No Need Pay'), they VOLUNTEERED to do this. They have not been paid a dime, and I should know if they were. This project was sponsored by Microsoft and is NOT a government project. Please check www.pinigeria.org/isspin for project history and details.

Regards,
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Krayola(m): 12:50am On Mar 03, 2010
I don't think there is much substance to what the guy is saying in that quote. I agree with his point though, that the govt should be targeted more in music.  But I don't buy all those examples he gave about artistes losing their shine the moment they diss the govt.
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by rapjunkie(m): 8:59am On Mar 03, 2010
the maga no need pay track was ill advised and the choice of artists suspect.  Most of them ( or all)  are just aje butter artists who have no real experience of hardship.

the government are responsible for the mess in nigeria so its a bit ironic that they pay artists to sing about cyber crime while avoiding the underlying issue.

what annoyed me most was that dele momodu who has made a fortune legitimising these yahoo yahoo guys in his magazine is dancing around in the video
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by wengewenge: 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2010
rapjunkie:

the maga no need pay track was ill advised and the choice of artists suspect.  Most of them ( or all)  are just aje butter artists who have no real experience of hardship.

the government are responsible for the mess in nigeria so its a bit ironic that they pay artists to sing about cyber crime while avoiding the underlying issue.

what annoyed me most was that dele momodu who has made a fortune legitimising these yahoo yahoo guys in his magazine is dancing around in the video

[size=18pt]lwkm[/size] dont hate the players hate the game.
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by tosinaded(m): 1:15pm On Mar 03, 2010
Krayola:

I don't think there is much substance to what the guy is saying in that quote. I agree with his point though, that the govt should be targeted more in music. But I don't buy all those examples he gave about artistes losing their shine the moment they diss the govt.

he is quite correct u know
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Krayola(m): 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

he is quite correct u know

I doubt Eedris' career took a dive because he dissed the govt.
I doubt D'banj's success was because Tuface made "no be small thing"
don't really know who the other guys are so I can't really comment, and the Fela example seems to me like it may be conspiracy theory, but that is debatable and could get messy so I won't dwell on that. But i think u should at least see what i'm getting at.
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by tosinaded(m): 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2010
Eedris sang jaga jaga, and the then president baba went all out on Eedris on national Tv

sayn its his father and mothere that are jaga jaga shocked
tell me Obj aint a suspect
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Krayola(m): 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

Eedris sang jaga jaga, and the then president baba went all out on Eedris on national Tv

sayn its his father and mothere that are jaga jaga shocked
tell me Obj aint a suspect

haha. suspect for what?

I actually think Eedris may have got publicity many would only dream of. If presido dey yab u e mean say u be big boy. New acts came up, and maybe he could not compete. I mean, there are other possible reasons for his decline. . . that his career went to s.h.it after that saga does not mean it was BECAUSE of that saga.

I ran down the stairs and then my dog chased the ball. Did my dog chase the ball because I ran down the stairs? Maybe .  But maybe he was just bored, or maybe there was a cat behind the ball, or maybe be was running towards the ball and not really chasing it, or maybe. . .  grin
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by tosinaded(m): 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2010
I actually think Eedris may have got publicity many would only dream of. If presido dey yab u e mean say u be big boy. New acts came up, and maybe he could not compete. I mean, there are other possible reasons for his decline. . . that his career went to s.h.it after that saga does not mean it was BECAUSE of that saga

point

I ran down the stairs and then my dog chased the ball. Did my dog chase the ball because I ran down the stairs? Maybe . But maybe he was just bored, or maybe there was a cat behind the ball, or maybe be was running towards the ball and not really chasing it, or maybe. . .

u dan sniff that stuff abi
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Krayola(m): 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2010
grin grin dat stuff wey u give me?
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by pheesayor(m): 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2010
gbengasesan:

Dear all,

The artistes were not paid to do this song ('Maga No Need Pay'), they VOLUNTEERED to do this. They have not been paid a dime, and I should know if they were. This project was sponsored by Microsoft and is NOT a government project. Please check www.pinigeria.org/isspin for project history and details.

Regards,
I want to beleive it is not a government project, I agree with Ambassador Gbenga Sesan on this, the CDs were even distributed at the just concluded NACOSS convention in FUTA
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 04, 2010
@TOSIN
who is jahborne u referrin to? the guy is givin useless opinion and u even seconded witout even usin ur head.
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2010
dat guy is a wack artist and that maga song is utter nonsense.tosin dont u know that song was a sponsored project?
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by tosinaded(m): 2:59pm On Mar 04, 2010
babaearly:

@TOSIN
who is jahborne u referrin to? the guy is givin useless opinion and u even seconded witout even usin your head.

guy slow down abeg!!!
if u listened to the song and cant understand wut he's sayn, then am sorry i shouldnt be exchanging posts with you!!!
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by tosinaded(m): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2010
babaearly:

dat guy is a wack artist and that maga song is utter nonsense.tosin dont u know that song was a sponsored project?

Guy wuts ur IQ level??
u sound dumb i swear!!
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by tosinaded(m): 3:06pm On Mar 04, 2010
gbengasesan:

Dear all,

Regards,

checked out the site, am still not convinced undecided
dnt blame me, just that our leaders are capable of anytn
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2010
tosinaded@:

Guy wuts your IQ level??
u sound dumb i swear!!

Because you learnt how to insert
, and make statements bold, that makes You smart right?
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2010
tosinaded@:

guy slow down abeg!!!
if u listened to the song and cant understand wut he's sayn, then am sorry i shouldnt be exchanging posts with you!!!

you can understand the lyrics in a wack song. If he was replying a song as tech as that, then he should have stepped up his game in production.

I dont plan exchanging banters with you coz you are on the same level as wengewenge, only wacksters talk about wackness.
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by tosinaded(m): 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2010
babaearly:

you can understand the lyrics in a wack song. If he was replying a song as tech as that, then he should have stepped up his game in production.

I dont plan exchanging banters with you coz you are on the same level as wengewenge, only wacksters talk about wackness.

first things first, my know all!!!

tell me wut makes Jahborne's song wack!!!
and secondly leme know wut u feel is the message in that song
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Ibime(m): 6:46pm On Mar 04, 2010
As the homies say/ Maga no need pay . . .
. . but what if that’s the only way/ to pass a lonely day?/
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by amebor: 6:52am On Mar 05, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]NOW I SEE THAT MANY NIGERIANS ARE BLIND AND DUMB. IF U THINK THIS SONG IS WACK THEN LET IT BE. I THINK JAHBORNE ONLY WANTS U TO HEAR THE MESSAGE RATHER THAN DANCE ALANTA TO A GROOVY BEAT AND NOT LISTEN TO THE LYRICS. MAGA NO NEED PAY WAS GOOD AND MY HOMMIE WASNT COMPETING WITH THEM BANKY AND FRIENDS IN TERMS OF SOUND QUALITY.THAT SONG WAS A FREESTYLE AND I PERSONALLY SENT IT OUT THROUGH THE INTERNET COS THE MESSAGE NEEDS TO BE HEARD. HE ONLY PASSED A MESSAGE ACROSS AND FOR UR INFORMATION, THAT BEAT WAS PRODUCED BY SCOTT STORCH. GUESS HOW MUCH IT COST HIM, IF PIQANTO WANTED TO DO A SONG TO CATCH PEOPLE'S ATTENTION, HE WOULD HAVE DONE THE REGULAR NIGERIAN THING, AND FINALLY I SUSPECT YOU FOR CALLING JAHBORNE PIQANTO WACK. YOU MIGHT JUST BE MENTALLY WACK[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: The Song Maga No Need Pay - Politically Inclined? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 08, 2010
THEM GET PAID.

ALL OF THEM ARE o l e

(1) (Reply)

The Life Of Whitney Houston: God’s Message To The Church / Can Somebody Help Me Solve Dis?which Nigerian Artist/song Does This Remind U Of? / VIDEO: Ozzybosco Ft Olamide – Tinini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.