Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS (46647 Views)

Rare Orange-Eyed Owl Not Seen For Almost 125 Years Is Spotted In Malaysia (Pics) / Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) / Native Cat Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by baralatie(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
ncoolsome:
so in a game reserve as big and popular as this we don't know the animals in it,so what do u tell tourist they are coming to see?
not necessary!leopards are very hard to spot when it has been poached severely

1 Like

Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
Angelanest:
It is a joyous moment for the authorities at Yankari Game Reserve in Bauchi state after an exciting discovery was made on Monday (yesterday). A leopard was recorded wandering by a WCS camera-trap at the game reserve. According to officials, leopard had not been recorded at the game reserve for decades as they were presumed to be extinct.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/leopard-seen-at-yankari-game-reserve-in-bauchi.html

If they presumed it to be extinct, then it's obvious that the game reserve has always been run like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by naturefellow(m): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
bikerboy1:
grin OP which kind fake pictures be this na....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_trap
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by Toofan007: 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
Jiang:
Excellent, I will go visit again dis Christmas holiday, when I went dis sallah, I spent 8k for dat safari ride but could not see the freaking leopard, the reserve nice sha, but one of those monkeys stole my drink grin
You leave ur drink for ground? Where you go?
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by Gorthy(m): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
the leopard sef dey try dodge camera grin
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by spawnx: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
Vendee:
And it's quite healthy.
looks pregnant
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by Vendee: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2017
spawnx:
looks pregnant
That would be good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by Crixina(f): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
fergie001:
Good news,at least we have something we haven't eaten,yet. shocked
you can't be too sure yet

Give it a week, You might just read"Leopard spotted other day in...killed to make peppersoup"
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by Guestlander: 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
Stylz69:
Poor leopard! They’ll hunt it down and one nairalander will come and post it and say “ I caught this strange bushmeat, Who knows what it’s called”?

Lol
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by adanny01(m): 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
Hmmmm.......that yankari with its long lonely drive from the gate to the lodgings. Visitors need extra care be that o

I saw a pride of lions with my very own eyes in yakari back in 1999. Those animals are very much around but visitors would hardly ever see them. The wild life officers and researchers spend time in the bush and get to see some of these animals that never want to come in contact with humans.
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by shukuokukobambi: 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
adanny01:

I saw a pride of lions with my very own eyes in yakari back in 1999. Those animals are very much around but visitors would hardly ever see them. The wild life officers and researchers spend time in the bush and get to see some of these animals that never want to come in contact with humans.

I never saw the lions during the times i was there some 8 years ago but our safari driver and guide (on my last trip) showed us their tracks explaining they just left that area before we came. I gently pulled my babe inside the truck while leaving the oyinbo men and their wives with whom we went to be scanning for them from the open back of the truck. I don't like rough play biko cheesy
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by HokageTravels: 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
Stylz69:
Poor leopard! They’ll hunt it down and one nairalander will come and post it and say “ I caught this strange bushmeat, Who knows what it’s called”?

Loool!!!
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by esonna: 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
Mynd44:
Leopard extinct? Op, please this is wrong

Edited: got it now
This will make a special SUYA. Bauchi hia i come
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by adanny01(m): 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

I never saw the lions during the times i was there some 8 years ago but our safari driver and guide (on my last trip) showed us their tracks explaining they just left that area before we came. I gently pulled my babe inside the truck while leaving the oyinbo men and their wives with whom we went to be scanning for them from the open back of the truck. I don't like rough play biko cheesy

In fact, we were driving into Yakari (student excursion) and we met a worker trekking. His bike had broken down and time was running out. The road was deserted until we arrived. As we let him in and started moving, a boy shouted, i can see a lion. The cubs were the closest to us playing, females behind them watching and others pacing. It was much later we spotted the male a little far behind. It was faint but only those with good sight could see it. We were told how lucky we were to behold such a sight.

My dad before retirement planned severally for a family vacation but it never happened.

2 Likes

Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by shukuokukobambi: 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
adanny01:

In fact, we were driving into Yakari (student excursion) and we met a worker trekking. His bike had broken down and time was running out. The road was deserted until we arrived. As we let him in and started moving, a boy shouted, i can see a lion. The cubs were the closest to us playing, females behind them watching and others pacing. It was much later we spotted the male a little far behind. It was faint but only those with good sight could see it. We were told how lucky we were to behold such a sight.

My dad before retirement planned severally for a family vacation but it never happened.

Lucky you
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by Mynd44: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
esonna:

This will make a special SUYA. Bauchi hia i come
If the rangers don't shoot the hunter first
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by eaglechild: 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2017
adanny01:

You are so lucky.
I love wildlife and I've been to the Kruger twice yet didn't get to see lions.
Maybe I'll try my luck with Yankari or Masai Mara (Kenya). I would love to see lions roaming freely in their natural habitat.
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by davidif: 1:39am On Sep 21, 2017
fergie001:
Good news,at least we have something we haven't eaten,yet. shocked

Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by davidif: 1:40am On Sep 21, 2017
Stylz69:

Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by fergie001: 7:52am On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=davidif post=60671579][/quote] angry grin grin grin

Its true nah,don't you see the way we eat snakes and vultures?
Re: Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2017
Toofan007:
You leave ur drink for ground? Where you go?

The monkeys snatch am from my hand woh, if you visit you go see what I mean, they just pop out immediately you start chopping or drinking something. it was really fun sha, when I chased him, he drank d thing like it was mocking me cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow / Diver Takes Pictures Of An Anaconda Under-Water / Sheep With 6 Legs Born In Niger State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.