Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,467 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen (5126 Views)

Buhari Has Fallen Sick And Is Now Been Treated At The Presidential Villa / IGP: Crime Rate Has Fallen Drastically In Nigeria / Nemesis: Bauchi Governor, Abubakar Has Fallen Into The Pit He Dug For Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by AfonjaConehead: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2017
And some irredeemably cursed slowpokes will still rant psy baba..

zoo kwantiri....look@ them with horns...some are bleating,mooing,croaking,braying,neighing,barking, amalaing grin

grass eating zoogerians grin grin

homozoogeriansSAPIENS grin grin
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by obailala(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2017
vincent10:

How about China and Indian.

Stop thinking with ur kidney
You stop thinking with your rectum. The point I made is that Nigeria falls low on the list in Africa because of its population.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by obailala(m): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2017
Desyner:
Aren't we looking for oil in Borno? I insist.
Oil is still a proven source of income all over the world, while it is important to develop other sources of income, there is absolutely nothing wrong in also expanding the potential income we can get from oil. Diversification means opening new sources of income, it doesnt mean throwing away a proven source.

As we speak, there's also oil exploration going on simultaneously in different parts of the country (including the south) with new reservoirs bèing discovered from time to time; that is how Nigeria has been able to not only maintain its oil production, but also increase it over the years. You obviously have a problem with that only because it is in the north, quit your needless emotions and sentiments and educate yourself on how oil is found. The Chad basin has the characteristics of a reservoir where oil can be found; oil is already being produced from the other side of the Chad basin which falls in Chad.

1 Like

Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by AfonjaConehead: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2017
When i say zoogerians,all goats sheep cows malus eledes monkeys
grin coneheads grin,
rats dogs pigs shud respond by making the respective sounds grin grin
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by whatofyou: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2017
Leboska:
With buhari as nigeria presidiot? Nigeria will only contest for the poorest countries in Africa

But somebody needs to teach the 'four wives people' about the benefits of birth control and disadvantages of parents raising huge families without being responsible for them. The biggest problem of Nigeria is that of over-population.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by Desyner: 10:18am On Sep 22, 2017
obailala:
Oil is still a proven source of income all over the world, while it is important to develop other sources of income, there is absolutely nothing wrong in also expanding the potential income we can get from oil. Diversification means opening new sources of income, it doesnt mean throwing away a proven source.

As we speak, there's also oil exploration going on simultaneously in different parts of the country (including the south) with new reservoirs bèing discovered from time to time; that is how Nigeria has been able to not only maintain its oil production, but also increase it over the years. You obviously have a problem with that only because it is in the north, quit your needless emotions and sentiments and educate yourself on how oil is found. The Chad basin has the characteristics of a reservoir where oil can be found; oil is already being produced from the other side of the Chad basin which falls in Chad.
You almost made a valid argument. The missing piece being that the cost of crude oil exploration is high enough to impact other sectors like agric greatly. Why gamble on dwindling oil. It showed the govt was lost in terms of idea.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by whatofyou: 10:22am On Sep 22, 2017
muller101:
Nigeria is not a poor country pls. This country is EXTREMELY rich. It is our leaders that are poor in reasoning.

How can a people with vast natural and mental resources be poor! It is majorly the leaders that are killing the nation.

1 Like

Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by obailala(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2017
Desyner:
You almost made a valid argument. The missing piece being that the cost of crude oil exploration is high enough to impact other sectors like agric greatly. Why gamble on dwindling oil. It showed the govt was lost in terms of idea.
For every single kobo spent on petroleum exploration in Nigeria, there is obviously an opportunity cost. That is to say, even if it's just N100,000 spent, you could as well argue that that amount could purchase 12 bags of NPK fertiliser for distribution to farmers to boost agriculture. So please spare me that opportunity cost logic!

Oil exploration isn't cheap business, billions are spent every year on oil exploration to maintain and to potentially increase our production. As we speak, billions are still spent in exploration in the delta. You only clearly have a problem with this very exploration in the Chad basin purely because it is in the north - regional/ethnic/political sentiments.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by Desyner: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2017
obailala:
For every single kobo spent on petroleum exploration in Nigeria, there is obviously an opportunity cost. That is to say, even if it's just N100,000 spent, you could as well argue that that amount could purchase 12 bags of NPK fertiliser for distribution to farmers to boost agriculture. So please spare me that opportunity cost logic!

Oil exploration isn't cheap business, billions are spent every year on oil exploration to maintain and to potentially increase our production. As we speak, billions are still spent in exploration in the delta. You only clearly have a problem with this very exploration in the Chad basin purely because it is in the north - regional/ethnic/political sentiments.
ha ha ha . . . I sense the popular Ipob/Afonja against the north bias in your tone here. The logic is same to me whether north or south. Of all our potential, oil appeals most to govt of change, that's a daft move to me. Agric is there, Steel is there. Steel could have generated much more with the current price of oil but no the govt see oil as next best thing to oil.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by vaxx: 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
Nigeria is a poor country? this is a fact.... company like Facebook is earning more in revenue than a big country like Nigeria.......the simple hurt truth that our politicians is hiding for us. Nigeria is a poor country....
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by obailala(m): 10:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
Desyner:
ha ha ha . . . I sense the popular Ipob/Afonja against the north bias in your tone here. The logic is same to me whether north or south. Of all our potential, oil appeals most to govt of change, that's a daft move to me. Agric is there, Steel is there. Steel could have generated much more with the current price of oil but no the govt see oil as next best thing to oil.
Well, the fact is that oil is still very lucrative, irrespective of the fact that its value has dwindled... And just like I said before, the exploration of oil does not stop any serious govt from developing agriculture or solid minerals. So you should should really stop blaming the exploration of oil as the devil responsible for the slow growth in other sectors.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by baralatie(m): 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
frankmoney:
Libya rich ? With the current situation ? OP you well at all ?
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by baralatie(m): 11:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by Desyner: 12:32am On Sep 23, 2017
obailala:
Well, the fact is that oil is still very lucrative, irrespective of the fact that its value has dwindled... And just like I said before, the exploration of oil does not stop any serious govt from developing agriculture or solid minerals. So you should should really stop blaming the exploration of oil as the devil responsible for the slow growth in other sectors.
Exploration of oil is the devil. We explore oil sell and spend without investing, and because we use easy oil money to pay salaries without laying emphasis on productivity nobody asks questions when the things that are suppose to aid true productivity go wrong. Things like good road, power, education, research, justice. Oil is the devil. We don't need more of it. Without oil price slump do you think we would have increases our rice production the way we did? Now imagine us doing same for flour, sugar, cassava etc.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by gboye1999: 2:08am On Sep 23, 2017
Desyner:
Exploration of oil is the devil. We explore oil sell and spend without investing, and because we use easy oil money to pay salaries without laying emphasis on productivity nobody asks questions when the things that are suppose to aid true productivity go wrong. Things like good road, power, education, research, justice. Oil is the devil. We don't need more of it. Without oil price slump do you think we would have increases our rice production the way we did? Now imagine us doing same for flour, sugar, cassava etc.

I would agree we still need to explore more. Oil exploration is doesn't stop us from investing in other areas. More of oil shouldn't stop us from being productive only our lazy mentality does. As well the government coffers shouldn't be the only source for investment in all sectors of the economy.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by Desyner: 3:03am On Sep 23, 2017
gboye1999:

I would agree we still need to explore more. Oil exploration is doesn't stop us from investing in other areas. More of oil shouldn't stop us from being productive only our lazy mentality does. As well the government coffers shouldn't be the only source for investment in all sectors of the economy.
If the easy oil money wasn't working against every other thing I would have agreed with you. Without a stop to the free easy oil dollar we will keep exploring and selling to pay salary and as long as people are getting easy money, no one will ask question or take serious decisions. Only parasites support easy money.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by Ovamboland(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2017
muller101:
Nigeria is not a poor country pls. This country is EXTREMELY rich. It is our leaders that are poor in reasoning.

Nigeria is an extremely poor country and it's the false idea of a national cake to be shared that keeps us poor. We fail to realise the level of work we still have to do to earn income from our potential.
Imagine the number of people who are able bodybut beg yyou for survival that's a waste and such people keep per capita income low.

If Canada with population less than 40 million has developed itself such that it's government can find and spend over $600 billion a year while nigeria with 180 million people cannot raise $20 billion to spend with out looking for loans, and some one deludes himself that we are rich.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by Ovamboland(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2017
vincent10:

How about China and Indian.

Stop thinking with ur kidney

The per capita income of those 2 countries is not up to that of the first 10 in Africa
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by Ovamboland(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2017
whatofyou:

How can a people with vast natural and mental resources be poor! It is majorly the leaders that are killing the nation.

Mineral deposits means nothing to the bottom line until you are able to get cash flow from it. Likewise human population means nothing until you are able to develop them to be productive
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by whatofyou: 9:12am On Sep 23, 2017
Ovamboland:

Mineral deposits means nothing to the bottom line until you are able to get cash flow from it. Likewise human population means nothing until you are able to develop them to be productive

So, what's stopping us from making these mineral deposits alternatives to crude oil! Mind you, a small population doesn't always mean that a nation will be 'healthy',neither does a large population guarantee a never-do-well. But when a government becomes ignorant or lazy and doesn't take her priorities right, that becomes a catalyst for inevitable failure. I bet you that most of these aforementioned countries also have reliable electricity supply as well.
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by baralatie(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2017
whatofyou:

So, what's stopping us from making these mineral deposits alternatives to crude oil! Mind you, a small population doesn't always mean that a nation will be 'healthy',neither does a large population guarantee a never-do-well. But when a government becomes ignorant or lazy and doesn't take her priorities right, that becomes a catalyst for inevitable failure. I bet you that most of these aforementioned countries also have reliable electricity supply as well.
no they don't and the funny thing is most of those countries are not economically healthy
Re: The Richest Countries In Africa - How The Mighty Has Fallen by Babanews(m): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
policy12:
Where is Nigeria the giant of Africa?

Hahahahaha...

Don't comit suicide biko

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want Nigeria Destroyed – Asari Dokubo / First Day In Office Of Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu As Governor In 1999 / Chinese TV Station Agog With The News Of TINUBU'S LAGOS Rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.