Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (57057 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sterope:
If you were more than the phone, you would have returned it at the agreed date and time. You wouldn't have borrowed the phone to begin with. If you also had any shred of humility, you wouldn't have taken offence over a property that is not yours. If you had integrity, you would have kept to your word.

A girl does not need to be above 30 to NOT be a prodigal child. It is her property. She can shout from morning to night over it. It is none of your business. Please return her phone to her.

And pls when people are in love what does it entails... Since she can have mine and I won't disturb why would having hers become a problem.
If she can't share what she have with me, what's the essence of two becoming one in the first place..

LOL a man is good to share but when it comes to a woman.. We lose common sense

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Linux007(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

Don't mind the silly hungry boys here on nl. The truth is no responsible man will comfortably take money from his gf.
If he has no other option but to take from his girlfriend he certainly won't be an asś.

I hope u get ur money back and dumb him. That's not a man. He will wreck u.

And some broke girls suddenly have an opinion. Come back and advise us when u have a responsible entrepreneur boyfriend u can lend 500k to run a business.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
nkwuocha:

How can one establish communication without picking calls?Look, there's no need making this lady feel she is all guilty of some sort...

According to her,he doesn't call or communicate like he use to?what changed?Money?Common guys, if he doesn't have the money yet,why can't he communicate that to her in a more appropriate and matured way like how lovers should?
Objective comment.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Sterope(f): 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
So far she claimed she as tried her possible best to talk to with him and he has refused to communicate . What else would you advice her to do?

thesuave10:

Agreed.. But he may have his reasons which I'm as much as it is inappropriate they stand a chance to be very understandable .the issue is that how she wants to handle it is fûcking absurd

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ishilove:

How do we know that she's not sure? She is the one interacting with him and knows the business.

Besides it doesn't explain why he has stopped picking her calls.

Look, she's human. What would you do if you were in her shoes?

Yes Immee is human and I understand what she's feeling. The issue is her rather drastic decision which further proves how emotional women can be which is to end her relationship that's wrong on so many levels
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by pweetiedee(m): 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

You are a callous and wicked person.

You aren't even sure if he's broken even, you're not trying to be supportive, you're not even giving him a few weeks to stabilize after some production problems. All you're after is your miserly 500k that you lent to him.

You don't ever deserve to be married cos your type will turn to Jezebel if your hubby ever has financial issues.

If he wanted to scam you, will it be 500K, don't you know he'll be looking for a way to get more?

I pray for that guy that he doesn't marry you cos you will make his life miserable if he ever has financial problems.

Funny thing is that most of y'all women are like this, always quick to collect everything possible but when it comes to giving it's a problem.

I hope you fall into wrong hands that will teach you a lesson of your life since you can't be supportive of your to be husband.

All the harshness was duly intended and I exercised restraint not to call you names.

hello, Mr nice person.

u didn't read the post well o

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Candy500: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
chynie:

Is your brain paining u? undecided u cant even praise her for giving him in the first place.
issues like this is why girls don't give guys financial support until they are rightfully married.
if she has lost her trust in him, then don't blame her, something caused it
you are right dear smiley
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nathanieloo7(m): 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Marry him and milk him dry if u want ur money back

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by nkwuocha: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
thesuave10:

You clearly don't understand my comment.

1) I don't give a rat's ass about whether the guy hasn't explained it not. Wanting to end a relationship because of phone calls us stupid and not proper

2) don't jump to an issue that is irrelevant . When the guy is here we will address him. Ideally he should communicate the reasons why he can't pay but he is not here so I can't tell him that

3 as he is not here, she should make the right decision and not threaten to end a relationship because of a flimsy and highly horrible excuse

She has got the right to end the relationship man.What's happening here.He is not picking,there's no physical relationship, so I don't think she should still feel she is in a relationship to me.
What's the guy afraid of?If 500k is that much a big deal to him then he is a very cunny person.Sincerely, I don't like when people run away from problems that can be easily solved by making provisions for matured communication. He should be available now like he was before! That settles it!

7 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by sekem: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
The excessive love of money is the root if all evil

I feel like blaming the lady for sounding so money conscious

But on the other hand, I know how some men can be

Once they spot they can exploit you, you don jam because they will exploit and exploit and exploit you until you drop down dead

I hate all of you humans

Una too get wahala

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by humilitypays(m): 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sterope:
I am not going to judge because I feel there may even more to what she has written however whether or not he has made the money back, he should have communicated that to her.

Believe me, for the guy to have stopped calling her like before being his girlfriend, fiance per se, she must have knowingly or unknowingly insulted the guy because she lent him money. You should know your sisters very well na, they can't fail to scream to heavens anytime they spend their kobo on their Nigerian boyfriend; it's not new.

And why this sounds funny to me is because as we speak, a close friend told me to transfer around 650k to his fiance, guess what for For her family house rent that expired and her dad couldn't pay cos he has not been paid salary since April. He even added extra money to what she demanded....and don't think my friend is a mugu...nope, he is a soji guy but he's doing it out of the love he has for the girl and if she decides to fuckup tomorrow, he will smile and move on cos we do know about all those shit.

But it baffles me when Naija ladies give a Meagre from their kobo and make so much noise about it to make it look like Nigerian guys are all scammers or bad‎

....and where Nigerian ladies meet all these their broke, senseless, classless boyfriends that disgrace other Nigerian men's awesome image is what I don't know

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by jayuncut: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
I don't think you've been scammed young lady ..
From my view if he was definitely into ur money he would still be playing along with u till he collects the whole 1 million before you know what's up I guess your man's having a hard time atm and by the way I thought u guys are planning ur wedding/introduction u shouldn't be too bothered about this if u really want to settle down nd if u keep having this kind of impression towards him how do u expect ur relationship to work out ?.......

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Blackhawk01: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
thesuave10:

Take note she gave him part of the money, what if he sourced the remaining from somewhere else and has to pay them back first plus his workers. What if business is not moving. Just swerve. Immee read this

So his brain failed to function properly and he forgot to explain this to her? Abi business not moving stops him from answering calls? He had sense to ask for money and even promise interest but no sense to explain why he wouldn't be keeping his own end of the bargain... Mstcheeeeew. You should be the one to swerve, here.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
Some comments here shows that Nigerians are so calllous.. Some are saying she should forget the money.. What the hell! I bet that if a scammer duped them here on nairaland (even 1,000 naira) such people will have opened tens of threads if not hundreds..How can someone borrow such amount of money without planning to return part of it if not all as she claimed that he is not picking calls... She should also work on a relationship with someone that is irresponsible and not true to his words/actions? Some people need spanking here..

4 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by YelloweWest: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
Linux007:

And some broke girls suddenly have an opinion. Come back and advise us when u have a responsible entrepreneur boyfriend u can 500k to run a business.
I'm not a broke girl. I'm a married woman with kids. A lawyer and successful business woman.

My hus is self made. He hustled like the way real men do.

There was a time my sister took me shopping and Spent a considerable amount of money on me. My hus sent her back the money as a birthday gift. He said it touches his ego...

That's the kind of man I'm married to. A real man's man.
Not the ones I see here on nl.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by pedrilo: 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
this issue is very very clear.
see, u were trying to help urself not ur man! YES!
u wanted to lend him 1m to get it bak with interest!
after giving him 500k, and his machine broke down, why did u change ur mind?
u shud have known that he must have incurred some cost to get the machines back up (buying parts and other sundry repairs related expenses)
As a banker, if a client request for 1m for biz expansion and he is worth that amount, u better giv him that amount or he will go elsewhere to get the balance from anoda lender with conditions that may not be too friendly like urs, which can ultimately result to delinquency and default.
and for sayin u dnt mind losing ur love because of money, mehn i giv up.
women greedy n wicked

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by adetes: 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
Think well before taking any advice, sit ur self down and think like a good house wife to be
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
thesuave10:

Take note she gave him part of the money, what if he sourced the remaining from somewhere else and has to pay them back first plus his workers. What if business is not moving. Just swerve. Immee read this

The buisness will not move and its not a curse.
That's how it always end up, the buisness is not moving. Men never pays back any amount borrowed them.

So its best to dash what she can give to bf.. Than to borrow such huge amount.

Me i know i cant borrow a bf such money. Heavens forbid!

I rather dash my husband. Than borrow a boyfriend.

Guys these days are so unreliable its astonishing cheesy

That's my two cents.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by enemyofprogress: 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
The same guy I sawed with two other guys at one hotel few hours ago
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by sambisa5: 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
I have read people's comment, unfortunately no one understood your plight.
A woman knows when a man loves her, cares for her and always wants to be with her..although' she may not know how real his intentions are.
A woman also knows when all start falling apart,when the man no longer shows interest, or done with her.
I can also sense many things about you two.
-you guys have not dated for so long
-u love him more than he loves you.
-u wishes he marries you,,,he may not really wish the same as you wish it.
-financialy, you are well placed than him.
-you did all you did cos you feel he will marry you in the end, although you had your doubts anyway.
And U gave him the money becos of his nice altutudes towards you which you felt was going to be forever,,,(FEAR MEN).
Now it is very possible he never liked you for something serious, but got attached to you cos he wants to have intimacy and get some of your money,,,,,
He is done now, and it glaring to u. He doesn't pick ur calls, and don't even call again.,,,and i know you are the one trying so hard to have conversations, that is why u keep sending sms to him.
My advice,,,
forget about him. He is done with you,,,,(AN AVERAGE MAN DOES NOT WANT TO MARRY A WOMAN THAT IS RICHER THAN THEM-COS OF THEIR EGO) unfortunately money is involved in this case now, big money for that matter.....devise a means to collect your money, you can involve the police,letting the guy understand that you know he is done with you, but you can't leave your money for him, you need it back.
(i know of a case like this, even after police involvement for many months, the guy didn't return the money,,,police have to beg the lady to leave the money,,,till tomorrow, the guy no return the money). So if can forget it, pls do and move on.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Sterope(f): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Good for you if she can have yours. That is you. You are different. Besides, You already told her you would return it. She was expecting you to return it at that particular time. She mentioned it. If that was not enough for you to realise that she wanted her phone back, you should blame yourself. It doesn't mean that she does not love you.

EMMAUGOH:

And pls when people are in love what does it entails... Since she can have mine and I won't disturb why would having hers become a problem.
If she can share what she have with me, that's the essence of two becoming one in the first place..

LOL a man is good to share but when it comes to a woman.. We lose common sense

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by sambisa5: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
A woman knows when a man loves her, cares for her and always wants to be with her..although' she may not know how real his intentions are.
A woman also knows when all start falling apart,when the man no longer shows interest, or done with her.
-you did all you did cos you feel he will marry you in the end, although you had your doubts anyway.
And U gave him the money becos of his nice altutudes towards you which you felt was going to be forever,,,(FEAR MEN).
Now it is very possible he never liked you for something serious, but got attached to you cos he wants to have intimacy and get some of your money,,,,,
He is done now, and it glaring to u. He doesn't pick ur calls, and don't even call again.,,,and i know you are the one trying so hard to have conversations, that is why u keep sending sms to him.
My advice,,,
forget about him. He is done with you,,,,(AN AVERAGE MAN DOES NOT WANT TO MARRY A WOMAN THAT IS RICHER THAN HIM-COS OF HIS EGO) unfortunately money is involved in this case now, big money for that matter.....devise a means to collect your money, you can involve the police,letting the guy understand that you know he is done with you, but you can't leave your money for him, you need it back.
(i know of a case like this, even after police involvement for many months, the guy didn't return the money,,,police have to beg the lady to leave the money,,,till tomorrow, the guy no return the money). So if can forget it, pls do and move on.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sterope:
So far she claimed she as tried her possible best to talk to with him and he has refused to communicate . What else would you advice her to do?

Meet him personally plus the guy said he will pay back and didn't give her a specific time which is understandable Cuz business can be unpredictable. Do you think the guy is not feeling pained and agree that he can't meet up to what he said. What if he doesn't want to hear her sad voice because he knows how bad it will make him feel and he'll feel disappointed in himself. She should just give the guy time and communicate properly with him cuz only heaven knows how she has been "communicating" Immee listen again
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ginaz:
But the guy didn't try on his part too, for those of you criticizing her but giving lame excuses for the guy are not being fair.

You have the guts to borrow money, not the guts to explain your position? How will she be able to trust him? At least you read where she said she hasn't taken a dime from her man, it shows she is responsible and not the materialistic person who only cares about money.

She worked hard for the money, helped him with it. But look what he did. Not picking her calls and not even feeling bothered to cool her temper. His show of gratitude would have gone a long way.

Let's try to show gratitude abeg, whether man or woman. We should show we appreciate.

Girl run for your life, that man doesn't deserve you. You have a giving heart and it's not bad to help your man when he is in need. His actions doesn't speak of someone worth trusting at all.

Find a way to talk to him to ascertain the reasons for his uncalled actions , if it proved abortive, count the money as a offering to him and move on with your life.

From my neutral, observational point of view I think the two of them might have ruined their relationship with bad stress management skill. He might be stressed by the fact that he can't meet up with the timeline he gave her for which reason he's communicating less and less. She on the other hand is getting anxious and showing it which is counterproductive because it is scaring him from picking her calls. I hope she has not texted things that'll ruin the relationship forever. She needs to just give him sometime and let him call by himself. If he is an honest person he will eventually call. They are supposed to be getting married. It is things like this that test our trust in our mate.

Immee

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by tosyne2much(m): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Somewhat selfish and she lent him her own money? Do you guys read threads upsidedown or what? Dude brought up the idea of an interest not the babe, stop trying to pin this on her. Put the gender aside, let's make Op MrX, how would you have him deal with this.

If I lend you 100naira with you promising to give it back at a particular time, failure to do so without you giving me reasons will put a strain on our relationship. Don't give promises, you can't keep.

This is total dishonesty, nonchalant attitude, ungratefulness, two faced ediotism(pardon me) on his part.
Remember I blamed both of them

Please note that these people are lovers. If I lend my elder brother 100k and he refuses to pay at the stipulated time, there will be a way I will go about collecting my money unlike when I'm dealing with an outsider

My dear, no matter how much we try to judge this issue, I think we have to consider the relationship that exit between them. It's not a businessman to a client relationship nah
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

I'm not a broke girl. I'm a married woman with kids. A lawyer and successful business woman.

There was a time my sister took me shopping and Spent a considerable amount of money on me. My hus sent her back the money as a birthday gift. He said it touches his ego...

My dear, God will keep blessing your husband..hes a real man!

Amen!

Most Guys here are vultures.. I pity ladies who take them serious.

They are up for one chance!

6 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by titopius(m): 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
The young man meant be using this to test you to really know if you can make sacrifice or invest in him....My advice is this if you love him just free him for sometime and know his actions ......if na Bleep level una dey scatter his dada ur money go come out .......follow my advice and thank me later
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
sambisa5:
My advice,,,
forget about him. He is done with you,,,,(AN AVERAGE MAN DOES NOT WANT TO MARRY A WOMAN THAT IS RICHER THAN THEM-COS OF THEIR EGO) unfortunately money is involved in this case now, big money for that matter.....devise a means to collect your money, you can involve the police,letting the guy understand that you know he is done with you, but you can't leave your money for him, you need it back.
Thank you for this sir..

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2017
OTEGA1:
I guess she's an Ibo girl looking for every opportunity to collect. She only invested cos of returns not cos of helping d business stand..
It's weird a guy with a recycling plant will run away with ur 500k..
Are u saying his biz not up to 500k..
Dear forget about the money let it be a seed u sowed into up s company u are more interested in d money dan ur relationship...

I pray u get wisdom
That's exactly my point.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2017
alexialin:

The buisness will not move and its not a curse.
That's how it always end up, the buisness is not moving. Men never pays back any amount borrowed them.

So its best to dash what she can give to bf.. Than to borrow such huge amount.

Me i know i cant borrow a bf such money. Heavens forbid!

I rather dash my husband. Than borrow a boyfriend.

Guys these days are so unreliable its astonishing cheesy

That's my two cents.

Are you judging this case with your experience of less than 2% of the male population Not in the world o but your state? undecided. Why not stick to this issue rather bringing stuffs that cannot add to this issue
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

Stereotype
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
alexialin:

My dear, God will keep blessing your husband..hes a real man!

Amen!

Most Guys here are vultures.. I pity ladies who take them serious.

They are up for one chance!

Stereotype

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Man Blasts Girl Who Asked Him For Money But Refused Him Sex Cos They Just Met / Mad Couple Making Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.