Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (57041 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by YelloweWest: 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
alexialin:

My dear, God will keep blessing your husband..hes a real man!

Amen!

Most Guys here are vultures.. I pity ladies who take them serious.

They are up for one chance!
I'm telling u! Hungry bastards!

They have no shame. No sense of pride as young men. Back in the day it was every man's goal to be successful.
But know we have young men just looking for every possible means to milk a hard working girl dry.

Just imagine the comments. The op gave her bf 500k with the promise that he will payback.
Since then he stopped taking her calls and is acting up. Isn't it obvious that the guy is a scam?

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Sterope(f): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
True. It could be the manner of apporach but before we starr blaming money lenders, the duty to communicate should be on the one who borrower not the money lender.

I hope they settle the issue amicably..

thesuave10:

Meet him personally plus the guy said he will pay back and didn't give her a specific time which is understandable Cuz business can be unpredictable. Do you think the guy is not feeling pained and agree that he can't meet up to what he said. What if he doesn't want to hear her sad voice because he knows how bad it will make him feel and he'll feel disappointed in himself. She should just give the guy time and communicate properly with him cuz only heaven knows how she has been "communicating" Immee listen again

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by omoelerin1: 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
eeewise:
just imagine! her concern is more about getting back her mere 500k as against loosing a potential marital stable relationship. #shallow

but again the guy is stupid to break trust and loyalty over a mere 500k.without explaining to her the reason he can't meet up#stupid

so when shallow meets stupid then the relationship is dead on arrival.
u just try see him in person, give him time then involve a soldier friend before breaking off contact finally
I hate to see potential relationships like this break

you spoilt your good advice with the statement, ' involve a soldier friend'
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by tosyne2much(m): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

From my neutral, observational point of view I think the two of them might have ruined their relationship with bad stress management skill. He might be stressed by the fact that he can't meet up with the timeline he gave her for which reason he's communicating less and less. She on the other hand is getting anxious and showing it which is counterproductive because it is scaring him from picking her calls. I hope she has not texted things that'll ruin the relationship forever. She needs to just give him sometime and let him call by himself. If he is an honest person he will eventually call. They are supposed to be getting married. It is things like this that test our trust in our mate.

Immee
This relationship is already dead bro. Trust me!

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

I'm telling u! Hungry bastards!

They have no shame. No sense of pride as young men. Back in the day it was every man's goal to be successful.
But know we have young men just looking for every possible means to milk a hard working girl dry.

Just imagine the comments. The op gave her bf 500k with the promise that he will payback.
Since then he stopped taking her calls and is acting up. Isn't it obvious that the guy is a scam?

Aunty lawyer....pity our brothers please...these words are too heavy, they'll crash the site... grin

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by nkwuocha: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
EMMAUGOH:

And pls when people are in love what does it entails... Since she can have mine and I won't disturb why would having hers become a problem.
If she can't share what she have with me, what's the essence of two becoming one in the first place..

LOL a man is good to share but when it comes to a woman.. We lose common sense

Hey bro,nobody is forcing you to share.That's why I don't advice any man to train a lady in school,marry her first then she can school from your home,to avoid stories that touch like we read all the time.

First,this was a loan with business interest.This is strictly business, no sentiments. I don't believe in that getting married this yr and next yr Shiite.I bet she gave him the money based on the fact she planned getting married to him in the first place.

This issue is easy believe me.The guy is complicating this issue with his lack of maturity, that's if he is honest.I see absolutely no need to ignore her calls .That's an error!Again,how come they are not seeing each other for weeks?What kind of relationship is that to start with? If he has got nothing up his sleeves,he should make himself readily available like a man/lover should. What's the big deal in owing anyway?

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by haywhyy(m): 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ninethmare:
You said he is your fiance and you guys are planning for marriage
you borrowed him some money to help in revitalising his company.
Now the question is have you asked him how business is moving? he maybe having some problems...
You are all after ur money not knowing that after ur marriage with him the company is also urs
Now see what you are going to do...
Stop talking about ur money for now and try to know how the business is going.
Build the love again
Focus on your marriage

I
After marriage then you can skin him alive if you want.

I like this... GOD bless you and expand your knowledge

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by YelloweWest: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Stereotype
Whatever
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
Blackhawk01:

So his brain failed to function properly and he forgot to explain this to her? Abi business not moving stops him from answering calls? He had sense to ask for money and even promise interest but no sense to explain why he wouldn't be keeping his own end of the bargain... Mstcheeeeew. You should be the one to swerve, here.

Read my previous comments. Dude is fûcking wrong for not explaining at least to an extent Even tho his reasons will me understandable . Now that he has failed to do right thing, the lady has made an even bigger error by threatening to end the relationship. Now what is even crazier are the reasons fûcking phone calls? Like it doesn't it get more weird. So swerve grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

Whatever

Deflective, how typical of a lawyer...Anyways Shope ti e.... Critic less...
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
thesuave10:

Will you calm down. Both of them are wrong as hell. The guy might have his reasons. Failing to communicate it is wrong. The lady too is also wrong because "he is not picking my calls after I gave him 500k to pay back" is one of the most stupid reasons I've ever heard.
Please, shut up!. You've been quoting people upandan with your biased opinion.
They had an agreement he'd remit her account weekly, when she failed to get what they agreed upon she called his line, he didn't pick. She sent messages, he didn't reply. If you loan someone money and gets treated this way, what would be the first thing that'll occur to you?.

What kind of communication are you referring to when the debtor is avoiding any communication with her?. Use your brain.

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
Blackhawk01:

So his brain failed to function properly and he forgot to explain this to her? Abi business not moving stops him from answering calls? He had sense to ask for money and even promise interest but no sense to explain why he wouldn't be keeping his own end of the bargain... Mstcheeeeew. You should be the one to swerve, here.

Okay o. So you can't greet again...No wahala...
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by NoToPile: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
Silly people everywhere as usual they must blame the woman.

When I say nairalanders have comprehension issues it seems I exaggerate .
It seems people didn't read where she said things have returned back to normal in the company after the engineers worked on the problem.

No explanations , not picking calls is a bad signal and shows signs of irresponsibility, I wouldn't advice anyone to marry such a person

Madam OP your 500k has dissapeared , count your losses, try to get the little you can get back .

Some people are saying ordinary 500k as if they can lend it out 10k that they lend someone they will be screaming to the heavens.

Nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
You need to be patient with him, he will pay you back your money, just give him time to stabilize, after all he is your fiance.

Immee

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by pedrilo: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

I'm not a broke girl. I'm a married woman with kids. A lawyer and successful business woman.

My hus is self made. He hustled like the way real men do.

There was a time my sister took me shopping and Spent a considerable amount of money on me. My hus sent her back the money as a birthday gift. He said it touches his ego...

That's the kind of man I'm married to. A real man's man.
Not the ones I see here on nl.
sorry, u sound like a liability woman!
ur sis, ur husband, everybody spending on u, who u help?

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
nkwuocha:

She has got the right to end the relationship man.What's happening here.He is not picking,there's no physical relationship, so I don't think she should still feel she is in a relationship to me.
What's the guy afraid of?If 500k is that much a big deal to him then he is a very cunny person.Sincerely, I don't like when people run away from problems that can be easily solved by making provisions for matured communication. He should be available now like he was before! That settles it!

Guy read my previous comments. End a relationship because he is not picking calls? But they're texting o and he said he'll pay her back just that he didn't give a specific date. Nigga swerve
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by YelloweWest: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Aunty lawyer....pity our brothers please...these words are too heavy, they'll crash the site... grin
Abeg you guys should man up! I know it's not easy but nothing good is ever easy in life.

What makes a man is his ability to provide for his dependants.

This will never change. That's how God made it.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
kimbraa:
Please, shut up!. You've been quoting people upandan with your biased opinion.
They had an agreement he'd remit her account weekly, when she failed to get what they agreed upon she called his line, he didn't pick. She sent messages, he didn't reply. If you loan someone money and gets treated this way, what would be the first thing that'll occur to you?.

What kind of communication are you referring to when the debtor is avoiding any communication with her?. Use your brain.

Help us tell them o, what they see is Nigerian girls are greedy, very sooon these guys will be crossing the border over to Cotonou to take up wives..
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by iceybux(m): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
chynie:

Is your brain paining u? undecided u cant even praise her for giving him in the first place.
issues like this is why girls don't give guys financial support until they are rightfully married.
if she has lost her trust in him, then don't blame her, something caused it

but when a guys gives its ohk abi... do u knw hw many foolish girl a guy has invested on and yet they go on with some other niqqa and the guy never complain abt yhe money.. now just few weeks and ahe already sayin she could quit the relationship bcus of money... its obvious she was hlpin bcus marriage was involved and not geunie love..
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Blackhawk01: 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
Remember I blamed both of them

Please note that these people are lovers. If I lend my elder brother 100k and he refuses to pay at the stipulated time, there will be a way I will go about collecting my money unlike when I'm dealing with an outsider

My dear, no matter how much we try to judge this issue, I think we have to consider the relationship that exit between them. It's not a businessman to a client relationship nah

Yeah, you did which is quite unusual. Why? Because your man is the guilty one here grin

I don't care about the mumu relationship between them, dude disregarded that relationship the moment he failed to keep to his words and kept his mouth shut about it. This could have been avoided if he kept updating her about the whole issue, you know that right?

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by humilitypays(m): 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
sambisa5:
I have read people's comment, unfortunately no one understood your plight.
A woman knows when a man loves her, cares for her and always wants to be with her..although' she may not know how real his intentions are.
A woman also knows when all start falling apart,when the man no longer shows interest, or done with her.
I can also sense many things about you two.
-you guys have not dated for so long
-u love him more than he loves you.
-u wishes he marries you,,,he may not really wish the same as you wish it.
-financialy, you are well placed than him.
-you did all you did cos you feel he will marry you in the end, although you had your doubts anyway.
And U gave him the money becos of his nice altutudes towards you which you felt was going to be forever,,,(FEAR MEN).
Now it is very possible he never liked you for something serious, but got attached to you cos he wants to have intimacy and get some of your money,,,,,
He is done now, and it glaring to u. He doesn't pick ur calls, and don't even call again.,,,and i know you are the one trying so hard to have conversations, that is why u keep sending sms to him.
My advice,,,
forget about him. He is done with you,,,,(AN AVERAGE MAN DOES NOT WANT TO MARRY A WOMAN THAT IS RICHER THAN THEM-COS OF THEIR EGO) unfortunately money is involved in this case now, big money for that matter.....devise a means to collect your money, you can involve the police,letting the guy understand that you know he is done with you, but you can't leave your money for him, you need it back.
(i know of a case like this, even after police involvement for many months, the guy didn't return the money,,,police have to beg the lady to leave the money,,,till tomorrow, the guy no return the money). So if can forget it, pls do and move on.
eh yaah, good analysis + advice. I now feel for the op if she is in this shoe as u explained above, unfair world cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

Abeg you guys should man up! I know it's not easy but nothing good is ever easy in life.

What makes a man is his ability to provide for his dependants.

This will never change. That's how God made it.

Which one is i should shut up. Did i stratify myself before you ma'am? Yet another stereotype.. grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Elcasper(m): 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
LifeofAirforce:
You don enter one chance relationship.

How could you give huge sum of money to a man who's not even engaged to you talkess of marrying you?

Some women sef

Dude ha played a smart one on you .
yahoozee!!!
yahoozee!!!
Maga don pay
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Stefaniebo(f): 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ladyfuckpussy:

You are a mother fvcking mad Fvcking lady.

Daughter of a bitch
if you cannot help by giving any advice, then stop hate speech, this lady brought her matter here because she needs help
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by elantraceey(f): 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
I wonder the kind of relationship people go into these days. Do you love him at all? have you even ever loved him?

If you didn't know the job he does I'll understand, if you didn't know where his company is located I'll understand, if he was jobless and lazy I would have reasoned with you but come on! You know this man, you've been to his company, you know the issues he's facing and rather than being a support to him at this you chose to add to his problems, I was him I won't even reply your text at all and break the relationship immediately after I'm able to pay you because there's no trust at all.

How sure are you that he's finally stable now? Do you know if he incurred losses when he was out of production? You yourself admitted it was a big issue and you helped out (I think) mainly because your money is already involved not even because of him so you can't even say he planned that. You were supposed to understand that the circumstances when the agreement was reached changed hence I think that the reason why he couldn't meet up with what you both agreed on.

I'll only advice you to get your mind off money, money is not all there is, send him a text message and apologize for your lack of trust and support then give him a call and if he's a good guy he'll apologize to you too for explaining things better , when you both reconcile, give him some time, weeks, months, whatever but don't put pressure on him, you'll get your man and your money that way, you don't need to lose any.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Help us tell them o, what they see is Nigerian girls are greedy, very sooon these guys will be crossing the border over to Cotonou to take up wives..
Some have the temerity to call the girl "Callous". I swear!, Some people don't deserve help.

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee:
Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.

Some guys are very crafty oh,lead u up to d stage of marriage just to scam u.How come its after u gave him the money that he suddenly stopped pucking your calls?U took a huge risk by lending him such huge amount of money.

I suggest you start looking for a way to collect the money back oh. Make up a pathetic story,tell him someone in your family is not feeling fine. Fake tears if possible.

Let's see how he will respond.
My humble suggestion. I hate it when guys try to scam ladies

2 Likes

thesuave10:

Are you judging this case with your experience of less than 2% of the male population Not in the world o but your state? undecided. Why not stick to this issue rather bringing stuffs that cannot add to this issue

My experience ke! I reject such experience!

Have never borrowed any bf money, be it ex or recent.

I rather dash than borrow.. I cant shout abeg grin

And i cant start pursuing someone upandan

But my female friends were the ones borrowing such huge amounts to their bfs when they were dating.

One of. My female friends back then when she was single fainted in my office with tears after narrating how her bf back then stopped answering her calls after transferring 500k to him. Mehn she was a nervous wreck and to worsen the whole issue, the mother of the guy was then saying she cannot accept her as daughter inlaw cos she dreamt, she wont be a good wife to her son..

Na now, after collecting 500k the mum now knows she cant marry her son and her useless son stopped picking her calls.

I just weak as she was crying and collapsed in my arms cry

I had to quickly call my security guard and colleague to help carry her into my car and rushed her to the hospital.

Mehn! It was terrible heartwrenching thing to see on my friend.

I can never place myself in That's situation. Never!

Anyways to cut story short .shes married now to one of his friend. And they are doing well.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Blackhawk01: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Okay o. So you can't greet again...No wahala...

Superpack kiss kiss

Iyamm running away from you nii, before you'll borrow my money and run away first. tongue tongue

How have yoh been?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by lekonso: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
All of you blaming this lady, you are all wicked. A guy borrows money from his girl, does he not owe her a duty to be transparent and let her know if he is still having problems with his machines and why he could not pay the dividends he promised? Why did he stop picking her calls? those are the things making the lady to suspect him. However i will advise the lady to dialogue with him. Lady, dialogue with your guy, try to find out what his problem is and why he has not been able to pay the dividends and why he has not been picking your calls. Sometimes it is not good to assume. It is better to find out what the problem is and be certain, instead of assuming. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Brugo(m): 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
The guy made a big mistake. He should never have borrowed from his girlfriend. Nigerian girls don't need to see their men in difficult situations because these babes of nowadays....

Guys, try not to let your babes see you vulnerable.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Daeylar(f): 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
rosalieene:

exactly my sister.

nothing a LAdy does is good in the eyes of this guys.

Everything a guy does, good or bad is always good.

most of them, it reflects in their character offline.
they don't waste time to criticize a LAdy

this are the kind of guys every lady should flee from.

Don't mind them, look at how hard some fools are trying to make it seem like the lady alone is at fault or both are at fault but of course with more blame going to the lady,
Mtchhhhheeeeeeeewwwwww. NONSENSE.
Very few are saying the truth that the guy is at fault,(thank God for those guys)

but let it be a lady that did what the guy did now, you will see how they will come out in full force to condemn it, rubbish.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply)

This Lady Shares Photo Of Her Engaged Finger Online, See The Response (pic) / Dreadlocks: Two Ladies Rejected Me Because Of This / Man Blasts Girl Who Asked Him For Money But Refused Him Sex Cos They Just Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.