Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} (1940 Views)

Hypocrisy Is A Very Bad Thing: Fulani Killings Should Be Condemned By All / List Of Private Jet Owners In Nigeria (pictures) / President Buhari Returns To Nigeria (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by kidonig: 9:42am On Mar 03, 2010
I saw this today in an email and it was really gruesome. It is supposed to be victims of armed robbers who were squashed by a heavy duty vehicle. I feel terrible that things like this still happen in Nigeria. I have seen a similar post on the forum but my question is: Does it do our image any good if things like this make it to the internet for the whole world to see and Judge us with?

Click this link for the full story.

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/25/nigeria_highway_robbery_aamp_gruesome_ma

Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by Zuha(f): 9:48am On Mar 03, 2010
This is absurd!! Why is it even in the papers? It makes my skin crawl!!
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by mbulela: 9:52am On Mar 03, 2010
moderator, pls delete the picture urgently.
It is inhuman.
Those animals taking fotos with there camera phones there are sick.
may my enemies never see this sort of thing.
I do not even wish this on Turai.
This is sickening.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by coolier(f): 9:57am On Mar 03, 2010
kidonig:

Does it do our image any good if things like this make it to the internet for the whole world to see and Judge us with?

Maybe you should answer the question. You posted it here, thereby helping to spread it. I have never seen this before, you're my source of information, so you're guilty of the same offense.

What a waste! shocked
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by kidonig: 9:59am On Mar 03, 2010
I honestly don't know which way to argue. Things like this should be brought to the attention of the Federal Govt and kept within Nigeria. It makes us look barbaric when viewed by the international community.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by kidonig: 10:00am On Mar 03, 2010
Coolier,

This picture is everywhere. If you google it, you may find it. You deal with problems by facing it and not shying away from it.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 03, 2010
kidonig:

Coolier,

This picture is everywhere. If you google it, you may find it. You deal with problems by facing it and not shying away from it.

kidonig:

I honestly don't know which way to argue. Things like this should be brought to the attention of the Federal Govt and kept within Nigeria. It makes us look barbaric when viewed by the international community.

Aren't you a bit confused. How do you face up to it if you 'keep it within Nigeria' because it 'makes us look barbaric' your own words.

Don't you feel we are actually barbaric, when Poo like this happens within our borders.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by coolier(f): 10:07am On Mar 03, 2010
kidonig:

You deal with problems by facing it and not shying away from it.

Now you're contradicting yourself.

kidonig:

This picture is everywhere. If you google it, you may find it.

How could I have googled something that I didn't even know existed or happened until I read it on your thread?
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by SkySpirit(m): 10:52am On Mar 03, 2010
May God punish d perpetrators of dis crime. They wil certainly get the KARMAIC EFFECTS!
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by ohisng(m): 10:56am On Mar 03, 2010
Such pictures should never be online. How would people look at us apart from being 419, drug dealers, and terrorists and a contraband president who is smuggled into the country!!!
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by kidonig: 11:31am On Mar 03, 2010
Senator Ayogu Eze just raised the motion on the floor of the house about this disturbance with overwhelming support of all the senators and they are saying that this is a significance of the current anarchy in the country. Tune in to NTA now and watch.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by kidonig: 11:46am On Mar 03, 2010
The motion is supported by all senators present and they have agreed to surmmon the IG of police and the Head of road safety to appear before them to give account of what happened.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by Imeobong(m): 11:48am On Mar 03, 2010
kidonig:

Senator Ayogu Eze just raised the motion on the floor of the house about this disturbance with overwhelming support of all the senators and they are saying that this is a significance of the current anarchy in the country. Tune in to NTA now and watch.

you are right, I just tune into NTA, a debate is going on concerning this, but like everything Nigeria, I don't think anything good will come out of this debate
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by yommyuk: 11:57am On Mar 03, 2010
NIGERIA! NIGERIA ! NIGERIA! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by kidonig: 11:58am On Mar 03, 2010
Was a bus really commanded to run over them?
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by yommyuk: 11:59am On Mar 03, 2010
These senators are just wasting our time.
They are just highlighting the problem. No solution at all.
Just a bunch of TIME WASTERS angry
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by kidonig: 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2010
Lets start by talking about the problem. I know that we are all talk but no action but let them talk. Let this not end like Just like the APO killings. Listen to the Senators. I hope they make a solid input and bring the perpetrators and the police to book.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by ziga: 12:10pm On Mar 03, 2010
kidonig:

Lets start by talking about the problem. I know that we are all talk but no action but let them talk. Let this not end like Just like the APO killings. Listen to the Senators. I hope they make a solid input and bring the perpetrators and the police to book.

Please put down the picture, it has been posted so many times already. And we don't need the picture to discuss the issue.

The dead people belong to somebody's family, so put yourself in their shoes and tell me if you'll like your dead to be portrayed in this way.

If you do, then by all means keep posting the picture.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by kidonig: 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2010
The picture is disturbing and it cannot be put into words hence its everywhere. The Senators debating it in the house all have a copy of it and it has just been shown uncensored on NTA.

Watch NTA now and see for yourself.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by citizenY(m): 12:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
Hmmnnnnnnn cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by kidonig: 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2010
They are recommending a judiciary enquiry into the event in the senate right now. What do you guys think is the appropriate step to be taken by the senate to address this menace?
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by yemmight(m): 1:49pm On Mar 03, 2010
kidonig:

They are recommending a judiciary enquiry into the event in the senate right now. What do you guys think is the appropriate step to be taken by the senate to address this menace?

Judiciary enquiry? U make me laugh. Even for those Killers we all see around they never set up enquiries not to talk about Robbers that we never captured. We have most useless govt on earth.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by houvest: 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2010
I believe  that this will  generate  the much needed anger in the nation to fish out those mass murdererss and put a final nail on the coffin of highway robbery, kidnapping and assasinations plaguing the nation. They have  impudently thrown the gauntlet, clearly asking , 'what can you do?' I  am positive and elated that Nigeria will accept the challenge this time around.
Re: Robbery Killings: Should Things Like This Be Happening in Nigeria? {pictures} by SkySpirit(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2010
From experience, most of d highway robberies are carried out by d police or they ve police cover. D police shud be removed from d highways or their shud not be any road blocks as these roadblocks are only tolgates of extortion.

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Arrests Tinubu And Fashola Contractor / Excitement In South East As Radio Biafra Bounces Back Today / NSA Dasuki Threatens To Leave Jonathan Over Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.