Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers (18878 Views)

Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO / I Mistakenly Sold Firearm I Found At Mosque To A DJ – Police Sergeant / Police Boss Orders Officers To ‘vomit’ N70,000 Bribe Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Omooba77: 10:36am On Sep 22, 2017
LAGOS—The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal, has said cultists will now be treated as robbers whenever they are arrested by the Police, stating that he has ordered policemen in the state to shoot any cultist found with a firearm.

The Police boss identified cultism as one of the major security challenges bedevilling the state, stating that he is determined to put an end to cult-related clashes in the state.

Edgal, who made this remark while addressing security stakeholders at the Area M, Police Command, Idimu, Lagos, warned parents across the state to caution their wards who are members of various cult groups to stay out of violence as he is prepared to deal ruthlessly with any person found to be a cultist in the state.

He also explained that he discovered during interactions with stakeholders at the ongoing security Town Hall meetings across the state that most areas don’t experience violent crimes such as robberies and kidnappings, but suffer from huge cult-related activities, which, he said, had claimed many lives.

Edgal admitted that most parts of the state are currently being terrorised by cultists and vowed to crush them, as he is prepared to put an end to their activities.

He said the era where cultists are treated with kid gloves when arrested is over, adding that he will deal with anyone who is caught with firearms or any other dangerous weapon.

His words: “Cultism is currently a very serious issue we must tackle in Lagos State and everyone must be involved. I am fully out to tackle it head-on and I urge parents to warn their children to stay out of cultism and turn a new leaf because I am coming for them.

“The era where cultists apprehended with firearms are treated with kid gloves is over. I have ordered my men to shoot at any cultist who is seen with a fire arm. This is not a joke, parents must take this message home to their children and warn them to desist from all cult-related activities henceforth.

“I have also strengthened the Anti-Cultism Department of the Lagos State Police Command and I have directed them to move all out to track all cultists operating within the state.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/shoot-cultists-found-firearm-lagos-police-commissioner-orders-officers/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Ninethmare: 10:43am On Sep 22, 2017
Shot at sight is a very bad law in this country
Many innocent people will die
what about our local vigilante groups
Even this officer's face looks like a cultist

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Omooba77: 10:48am On Sep 22, 2017
Ninethmare:
Doesnt this face looks like a cultist?

This is extra judicial killing. Knowing Nigeria police for what they are.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Yeligray(m): 10:50am On Sep 22, 2017
Ninethmare:
Doesnt this face looks like a cultist?
everybody is suspicious... Trust no one... Nice step, this menace should be eliminated from the society

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Omooba77: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2017
Arrest them and investigate that should be the order not killing lalasticlala

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Jirate(m): 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
I have ordered my men to shoot at any cultist who is seen with a fire arm.
Please Come to Edo State, Please..........., I heave seen where Police men in my State were Begging Cultist to Stop Shooting, I couldn't believe it. cool

32 Likes

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by unlimitedsoundz(m): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
grin Cultist right now in Lagos State:

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Unbreakable007: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
When will police get sense like Nnamdi kanu?
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by maximunimpact(m): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Jungle justice alert
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by 36govs: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
SOMEONE WILL KILL AN INNOCENT MAN AND PLACE A GUN ON HIS CHEST .... MARK MY WORDS

36 Likes

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Tbillz(m): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Innocent poor souls should prepare to evaporate to baba God cuz this order is solely meant for the dada-crew, tattoo-gangs and the poor rugged boiz who has no contact. Loads of musicians, actors and lecturers are cultists but will never be shot bcuz they "top rated cult members"
Where is justice where the rich lives?

4 Likes

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by jerryunit48: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ha , this one na extra power be that o and una know how our Police dey behave sometimes

4 Likes

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by iambabaG: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
What sort of directive is this??
Any guy they see, they'll shoot and frame the person up.. if they are doing it without approval; imagine the havoc they cause now it has been sanctioned!
Sometimes I wonder, if the senior officers at in the same force as the "roger boys and girls"

1 Like

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by jide219(m): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Jirate:

Please Come to Edo State, Please..........., I heave seen where Police men in my State were Begging Cultist to Stop Shooting, I couldn't believe it. cool
guy I tell u ,for oluku side, every day na him dem dae shoot gun, police for here na to dae collect money from bus drivers but if dem see dem cultist dem dae beg

3 Likes

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
he will deny when the heat is on

1 Like

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by orjikuramo(m): 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
Extra judicial killings will definitely be on the rise. Na to gun person down then plant gun for him side. Chickena!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by ruggedtimi(m): 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
na so e for be since 2001, nigeria youths for no near cultism.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by JoshMedia: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ok
Have heard you sirs and madams

Check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Discharge(m): 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
commissioner Sir, can I shoot the ones that flee to Abuja?
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by tgmservice: 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
Funkin yea!!!
About time we get serious with criminals
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
so the police should shoot anyone who doesn't drop 10 naira for them abi and then label the person a cultist abi

1 Like

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Orobo2Lekpa: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
FGC Warri old boys maintaining Law and Order in Lagos state. Governor, Attorney General and now Commissioner of Police all ex-Waffarians. Pro Unitate
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by jaymejate: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
and na person put this man for that post o...

God don't lemme be part of innocents that would be killed in the course of this.

NPF, Nigeria 3rd major problem
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by lomprico(m): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
This is giving the evil police license to kill anyhow. They will shoot anybody they feel like and plant gun on him. undecided

1 Like

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Kylekent59: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
The NPF is a disgrace. How could you say such,knowing fully well that some might be imperiled in the course of finding arms with them. I pray they don't shoot innocent soul or they use this opportunity to kill someone and write that the person was seen with arms.

1 Like

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by teacherbim(f): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
With this SAY,police will start misbehaving ,shooting any how our boys,men should just be extra CAREFUL
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by movid(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
Whr is Evans?
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by chukslawrence(m): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
ok
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by TerrorSquad147: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
I pity yahoo boys and guys that looks like them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ali Daudu In Benue, Kill 4, Injure Others (Graphic Photo) / Charms, ammunition recovered from kidnappers in Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.