Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,974 members, 7,956,644 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers (19065 Views)

Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO / I Mistakenly Sold Firearm I Found At Mosque To A DJ – Police Sergeant / Police Boss Orders Officers To ‘vomit’ N70,000 Bribe Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by ahamonyeka(m): 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
Bet me he will deny this when the heat is on he will say I did not ask them to shot any cultist found with gun I only told them shot when the cultist engage them in a gun battle.

Mark my words.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Killurself: 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
Cultism is real problems of Nigeria now, pls do as you said.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by NickMelvon(m): 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ninethmare:
Shot at sight is a very bad law in this country
Many innocent people will die
what about our local vigilante groups
Even this officer's face looks like a cultist

People like you still existing in Nigeria with this mentality is the true reason why Nigeria is so difficult to move forward. What a shame
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by luluman: 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
Jirate:

Please Come to Edo State, Please..........., I heave seen where Police men in my State were Begging Cultist to Stop Shooting, I couldn't believe it. cool
So what is your joy in that?
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by luluman: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
Unbreakable007:
When will police get sense like Nnamdi kanu?
Is the KANU part supposed to be an oxymoron ?
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Omooba77: 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I support this directive.
Completely.
Very wrong and unconstitutional sir
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
Omooba77:

Very wrong and unconstitutional sir

I disagree. Please quote the section of the constitution that supports your point of view.

It's exactly what is needed to curb illegal activities in the land and I continue to support it wholeheartedly.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Omooba77: 7:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I disagree. Please quote the section of the constitution that supports your point of view.

It's exactly what is needed to curb illegal activities in the land and I continue to support it wholeheartedly.

They are law breaker arresters not prosecutors.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
Omooba77:

They are law breaker arresters not prosecutors.

So you have no constitution quote for me then?

Until then I'll pass because I don't debate based on morality.

Nigeria Police on this forum, please perform your work with diligence. Many Nigerians like me are behind you. Shoot to kill as ordered and let the courts sort it out later.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Jirate(m): 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
Chiefly:

Pls tell me you just goofing around cry

Goofing my ass, I am Serious, and from what others have said on this Thread, you can see that i am not Kidding. Cultism in Edo State is Abnormal. They operate with Impunity, the Police even gives them Protection from Rival Gangs.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Omooba77: 10:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

So you have no constitution quote for me then?

Until then I'll pass because I don't debate based on morality.

Nigeria Police on this forum, please perform your work with diligence. Many Nigerians like me are behind you. Shoot to kill as ordered and let the courts sort it out later.

The 1999 Constitution imbues citizens of Nigeria with several rights. Those rights are divided broadly into three categories, namely the right to life; the right to liberty and the right to property. These are rights that are inherent to man and are inalienable. Not only are they of universal application, they are also natural rights. The significance of these rights is such that the 1999 Constitution devotes one whole chapter to these rights. The same constitution describes them as Fundamental Rights. Section 33 gives the citizen a right to life; section 34 gives them a right to dignity of their persons; section 35 gives them a right to personal liberty; Section 36 gives them a right to a fair hearing;
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ninethmare:
Shot at sight is a very bad law in this country
Many innocent people will die
what about our local vigilante groups
Even this officer's face looks like a cultist
READ BETWEEN THE LINE.HE DID NOT SAY SHOOT AT SIGHT,HE SAID SHOOT ANY CULTIST WITH FIREARM.

1 Like

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
Omooba77:

The 1999 Constitution imbues citizens of Nigeria with several rights. Those rights are divided broadly into three categories, namely the right to life; the right to liberty and the right to property. These are rights that are inherent to man and are inalienable. Not only are they of universal application, they are also natural rights. The significance of these rights is such that the 1999 Constitution devotes one whole chapter to these rights. The same constitution describes them as Fundamental Rights. Section 33 gives the citizen a right to life; section 34 gives them a right to dignity of their persons; section 35 gives them a right to personal liberty; Section 36 gives them a right to a fair hearing;

I was hoping that you'll be providing a link to a government source. This one is your personal opinion.

Let me know when you have the constitutional quote.

In the meantime, LEOs please use those bullets before they expire.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
maoolakanm:
READ BETWEEN THE LINE.HE DID NOT SAY SHOOT AT SIGHT,HE SAID SHOOT ANY CULTIST WITH FIREARM.

Don't mind the asshats.

Unless you're a gun totting cultists then you have no worries.

I fully support this initiative. Kill them all and let God sort them out.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Omooba77: 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I was hoping that you'll be providing a link to a government source. This one is your personal opinion.

Let me know when you have the constitutional quote.

In the meantime, LEOs please use those bullets before they expire.

You can down the whole of 1999 constitution and also read police act. Life is sacred; you dont just take it by fiat order.
Thanks sir. Enjoy your weekend.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 23, 2017
Omooba77:

You can down the whole of 1999 constitution and also read police act. Life is sacred; you dont just take it by fiat order.
Thanks sir. Enjoy your weekend.

The Police are issued deadly weapons for a purpose and are duly authorised to use.

They should indeed take the life of criminal cultists that are carrying weapons. They should obey a lawful order or quit the force.

BY the way, the onus is on you to provide the proof (you quoted me). I am not about to troll the web to look for quotes to justify a legal order that is given by a Police Commandant to his Officers.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Charles4075(m): 1:22am On Sep 23, 2017
Jirate:

Please Come to Edo State, Please..........., I heave seen where Police men in my State were Begging Cultist to Stop Shooting, I couldn't believe it. cool
Lolzzzzzz. My brother.

Example, Upper Sakponba, St saviour Junction by Tipper Garage. Or ogbe boys beside Palace.

1 Like

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by SojiCash(m): 7:26am On Sep 23, 2017
Correct

36govs:
SOMEONE WILL KILL AN INNOCENT MAN AND PLACE A GUN ON HIS CHEST .... MARK MY WORDS
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Omooba77: 7:42am On Sep 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

The Police are issued deadly weapons for a purpose and are duly authorised to use.

They should indeed take the life of criminal cultists that are carrying weapons. They should obey a lawful order or quit the force.

BY the way, the onus is on you to provide the proof (you quoted me). I am not about to troll the web to look for quotes to justify a legal order that is given by a Police Commandant to his Officers.
It must be done with due process oga; this is not animal kingdom. Even terrorists im developed, when caught are not killed extra judicially.
I leave you to your own reasoning. God bless you sir
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by ebby9z(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2017
I was expecting to see " the prosecution arm of the police in Lagos has been strengthened to pursue vigorously to the point if satisfactory conviction any cultists arrested in the state"

But no, our senseless police boss thinks he's God end can determine when people will die, bearing in mind the extra judicial killings perpetrated by policemen in Nigeria. This puerile directive would merely embolden policemen to harass, extort and shoot anyone who refuses to part with money.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Omooba77: 8:28am On Sep 23, 2017
ebby9z:
I was expecting to see " the prosecution arm of the police in Lagos has been strengthened to pursue vigorously to the point if satisfactory conviction any cultists arrested in the state"

But no, our senseless police boss thinks he's God end can determine when people will die, bearing in mind the extra judicial killings perpetrated by policemen in Nigeria. This puerile directive would merely embolden policemen to harass, extort and shoot anyone who refuses to part with money.

My point exactly; SARS are lords to themselves. You are now giving blanket orders to trigger happy policemen. What if they kill you when you refuse extortion and put gun in your hands. Dead men dont tell stories.

1 Like

Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Jamorezzi: 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
This a wrong turn , Nigeria police will use this as an advantage in every way .
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
Omooba77:

It must be done with due process oga; this is not animal kingdom. Even terrorists im developed, when caught are not killed extra judicially.
I leave you to your own reasoning. God bless you sir

Exactly, it’s not animal kingdom.

Thus the need for the rightful order given to shoot any illegally armed cultist.

I support this immensely.

Regarding your cutesie quip about living me with my reasoning, you really didn’t think that you were going to change my mind were you? grin

LEOs, please follow the directive given, we need to sanitize the country.
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by ebby9z(m): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
Omooba77:

My point exactly; SARS are lords to themselves. You are now giving blanket orders to trigger happy policemen. What if they kill you when you refuse extortion and put gun in your hands. Dead men dont tell stories.

I think being made CP of Lagos is clogging his thinking mechanism. He should recant that statement before the whole roof will come crashing down on him career
Re: Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
isnt this reckless? awon oloshi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Remands Father & Friend For Defiling 12-year-old Daughter in Lagos / New Baby Goes Missing In Kogi Hospital Hours After Delivery. Photos / Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Father In Akwa-Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.