Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) (28292 Views)

Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) / What Is The Difference Between Grammar School And Commercial School / The Largest Mega Primary School In Borno State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by mayorkyzo: 9:32am On Sep 23, 2017
Fine sign post,ugly school.
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by bangalee1(m): 9:33am On Sep 23, 2017
kizz007:
is there any code to migrate to another country? like dial *444# to migrate to europe , press 1 to choose the prefered europe country of your choice .

Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by dayleke: 9:33am On Sep 23, 2017
Somebody please tell me that the school has been relocated....
There are no pupils na...
And no desks...
And chairs...

1 Like

Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by ndiboy01(m): 9:36am On Sep 23, 2017
Like a season movie that is yet to climax,
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by HermajestyQ(f): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2017
Statsocial:
Radarada warris dis! As someone who graduated from a public secondary school I would advise anyone who cares to listen to go for private schools instead.
Food wey sweet, na money kill am. Who no like beta thing? Only few people can afford to send their wards to private schools.
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by lelvin(m): 9:38am On Sep 23, 2017
Looks like ritualists den
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by honey001(m): 9:38am On Sep 23, 2017
It's either the OP is economical with the truth or he just decided to tell plain lie.... From the look of pictures posted above, it shows that the school has been abandoned for a very long time.....

5 Likes

Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by tiredoflife(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2017
masada:
dis is serious

we lack maintenance culture in dis part of the world

how can a school degenerated to dat level

and it's same in most state of the country

Maintenance culture.... Really
Tell me even if that structure in new....what's there in that design to maintain
Please book space it will be better
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by ifyboy60(m): 9:48am On Sep 23, 2017
CollinsWeGlobe:
I visited my old school this afternoon to take a good look at the buildings and the environment. what i saw was beyond reasonable recognition.

See the photos below.

More photos: http://lifedrama.com.ng/see-the-buildings-of-uhonmora-secondary-commercial-school-in-edo-state-photos%e2%80%83/

The building is obviously NO LONGER IN USE.

2 Likes

Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by bkool7(m): 9:48am On Sep 23, 2017
matrixme:
Isn't it same Edo State that is building an elite university at Iyahmo? Kudos!

This looks more like an abandoned building.

If its still functional, we'll see at least a few properties inside and people around
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by judiscokis: 9:48am On Sep 23, 2017
I call on all sons and daughters of uhonmora,government and meaningful Nigerians to come to the aid of the community in rebuilding the school as this is the only secondary school in uhonmora.
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by mechanics(m): 9:57am On Sep 23, 2017
And the Oba organize a send forth party for the former governor, does it mean that he didn't know that the school exist or what?
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by TheEminentLaity: 10:00am On Sep 23, 2017
Doesn't the school have any alumni? It seems it's only useless churches Nigerians donate money to. Who do they expect to sweep the junk room for them? Was it the local government chairman that dumped refuse there? can't the principal write letters and organise for fund raising? Or he's busy sowing seeds expecting God to change his school?

At this point, I am fulfilled when I say the people deserve every measure of governing and infrastructure they get. Nonsense!
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2017
And they will send their children abroad
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by hgnbello(m): 10:06am On Sep 23, 2017
looks like d schl have been abandoned.. op.. is dis all d buildings there or there is new building

1 Like

Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by profmsboi(m): 10:08am On Sep 23, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Na wa oh!
For a second I thought I was looking at screenshots of an episode of the walking dead & was expecting to see Rick chasing Negan.

So, you too dey watch that Film?
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2017
Oshiomole selectively renovated schools ,even the primary school I attended that is in a very strategic location and in the heart of the city wasn't renovated, a full block of class room has been abandoned, when ever I pass through that place, I just shake my head
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by rhektor(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Horrible! And some oba is organising a sent forth party for that honourable dwarf Oshomole

Oloshi ọmọ olè is more important than the students.

Chai Nigeria, misplaced priority

1 Like

Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by J0hnTrevolt(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2017
38 yr old school wat do u expect. I'm sure the structures are not in use atm. what's d purpose of this thread btw
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by Godson201333(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2017
Dont tell me that students still attend classes in these dilapidated buildings you call secondary school.
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by evansjeff(m): 10:24am On Sep 23, 2017
This OP is a blatant liar, is it Edo that I know? Where over 90% of schools in state are either Newly built or totally renovated? This may just be one of the buildings left undestroyed in a compound where there are many newly constructed buildings. Does this place even look like a functional classroom? Some goats out of political sentiments will not even use their brain. SMH

2 Likes

Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by BiggyBamBam: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2017
See the schools a child attended and attends;
Pre-K & 1st Grade - Port Towns Elementary School.
1st Grade to 6th Grade: Changed residence to one across the street and he was enrolled at Bladensburg Elementary School. In America, if you live in an area and your child attends a school in another area meant for other children, you are committing an offence.
7th Grade (Middle School): William Wirt Middle School.
7th Grade to 8th Grade: Moved again to another locality. He now attends Dwight D. Eisenhower Middle School.

You need to see how the educational system here is laid out and fully understand that Nigeria is still in the stone-age!

See parents who were jailed for sending their children to what they termed "Better Schools".

In Nigeria, only children of the well placed, are guaranteed of quality education, SAD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML9eqRbnPtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwXqd-UxHck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftea2eF2fdM

Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by IamLEGEND1: 10:35am On Sep 23, 2017
profmsboi:
So, you too dey watch that Film?
confam ni. grin
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by Chukazu: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Horrible! And some oba is organising a sent forth party for that honourable dwarf Oshomole

there is no one administration or government that can solve all the problems of an entire state ,there will always be "left over"

what matters is laying a foundation for sustainable projects and building on it by subsequent administration
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by Royalrumble: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2017
My friend #ziko needs to see this
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by guru03(m): 10:47am On Sep 23, 2017
Am sure some persons are still collecting salary from this school that doesn't exist again. Gost school exist in Kaduna and some individuals were feeling fat from the looted funds for the school,ay God deliver u.
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by Originalsly: 10:47am On Sep 23, 2017
CollinsWeGlobe:
I visited my old school this afternoon to take a good look at the buildings and the environment. what i saw was beyond reasonable recognition.
Can't you recognize the school has been longgg abandoned? What impression are you trying to give viewers?...viewers around the world? Before running to broadcast didn't you try finding out where students were relocated?...or is it you believe after primary school public education is over?...hmmm...you don't come over as a product of secondary education...senior nor junior.
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by CastingToVilla(m): 10:47am On Sep 23, 2017
Uhonmora, home of witches. Even if the buildings are refurbished, they would still go back to the former bewitched state.

I have never seen a people that hate progress as much as Owan. From Iki to otuo to uzeba to afuze to uhonmora, it's one tale of woe or the other.

1 Like

Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by lukaino(m): 10:59am On Sep 23, 2017
Sadly, this is the case with most secondary schools in Edo North. The Oshiomhole administration did some work in this regard but it was surely not enough. They only concentrated their efforts on schools which are sited along the roads, which can be seen by all, while those in remote locations were neglected.
I just hope that the current government would do what is right. I know they will start playing to the gallery once these pictures go viral.
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by masada: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2017
tiredoflife:

Maintenance culture.... Really
Tell me even if that structure in new....what's there in that design to maintain
Please book space it will be better

lol
maintenance involves repairing improvement and keeping the integrity of a structure
so bro
we lack maintenance culture
don't u see buildings of 50 yrs plus looking nice when properly maintained
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by tuscani: 11:02am On Sep 23, 2017
The great ihuleha clan, hope I got the spelling right
Re: See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) by seguno2: 11:03am On Sep 23, 2017
matrixme:
Isn't it same Edo State that is building an elite university at Iyahmo? Kudos!

Anyone who sees the fake useless comrade oshiomole anywhere at anytime, please make sure you flog him properly.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? / UTME 2017: 8 Latest Updates Candidates Must Know Today! / Plateau Students Protest Against LGBTQ Bill (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.