Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB (22293 Views)

MURIC Reacts To Proscription Of Shi'ite (IMN) / Shiites React To Proscription Of Its Activities By FG / South-south Youths Call For Proscription Of IPOB, Want Kanu arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by rummmy: 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
What does 97% and 5% means,what is the meaning of baboon and monkey blood?
dionysus7:
having an army in a sovereign state is not a peaceful agitation, threatening to destabilize a nation you swear to uphold its peace and unity is not a peaceful agitation, you preach hate against your fellow country men, spread propaganda all around about how you're being marginalized, crying victims, blaming your misfortune on the obviously not an ideal government whilst your tribesmen are building empires across the country, you attack law enforcement agents, we saw videos showing IPOB youths looking for hausas in a commuter bus...but sure lets let this clueless attention seeking lawyers define terrorism for us
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by rummmy: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
What does 97% and 5% means,what is the meaning of baboon and monkey blood?am sure you will not call it hate speech but a gospel according to st PMB
dionysus7:
having an army in a sovereign state is not a peaceful agitation, threatening to destabilize a nation you swear to uphold its peace and unity is not a peaceful agitation, you preach hate against your fellow country men, spread propaganda all around about how you're being marginalized, crying victims, blaming your misfortune on the obviously not an ideal government whilst your tribesmen are building empires across the country, you attack law enforcement agents, we saw videos showing IPOB youths looking for hausas in a commuter bus...but sure lets let this clueless attention seeking lawyers define terrorism for us
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by mosade: 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
Please i want those who know more than i do to educate me on why a couple must marry each other by force and why belonging to a group,association or a club is not negotiable.I am not sentimental,I only need a candid incormation.Thanks..
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by Onyesblog(m): 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
Uchenna Madu, the leader of the movement for Actualization of Sovereign country of Biafra (MASSOB) has condemned declaration with the aid of presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, that Fulani herdsmen are criminals at the same time as IPOB contributors are terrorists.

He stated:

“due to the fact Buhari’s media aide will eloquently and quite simply declare that Fulani herdsmen which the United international locations of their authentic gazette declared as the fourth global deadliest terrorist business enterprise as an harmless group, it suggests the high level of Buhari’s plan to forcefully islamize Nigeria.
“It additionally a evidence that Hausa Fulani human beings are more decided in collaboration with a few Judases of Biafra land to intimidate the people of Biafra with worry and jittery.
“MASSOB desire to remind the Arewa people that none in their plans or antics to challenge the human beings of Biafra will ever paintings because our dedication and consistency for Biafra actualization and restoration can in no way be shaken or derailed.
“Our clear up and cognizance for Biafra actualization and recuperation is rooted firmly within the Almighty God ‘Chukwu Okike Abiama’ and our competencies of by no means say die.
“We nevertheless insists that IPOB isn't a terrorist employer and may never be as compared with world fourth deadliest terrorist company called Fulani herdsmen”

Source: http://www.onyesblog.com.ng/2017/09/do-no-longer-compare-us-to-terrorist.html?m=1

Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by GreenCap: 9:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
[quote author=oduastates post=60728904]IPOB is definitely not a terrorist organisation.
Borderline hate group, yes but terrorist group?
No No.
Fulani herdsmen however are a terrorist group.
The IPOB grew too big for the character known as Nnamdi Kalu.
The God complex is another thing.

you made a point here.

NK shouldn't have sat on a throne and allow his followers bow to him.

"if the Igbo should go without the Niger-Delta, then Biafra can be achieved in one day."
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by oobinna: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
ELVISHOT:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/nigerians-divided-proscription-ipob/
Na wa oo. I did not see any wahala in Ipob proscription since it is not a legal entity registered according to law. Biafrans let's choose another name jare... We are People of biafra (POB). Let them proscribe this one too. Thunder wey go fire Day judge and buhari dey do press up. Nonsense!!!
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by biafranrealson: 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
It does not matter what they say we are. what matters is what the Most High say we are. The Children of the most High, children of Light,who worship only the Living GOD. He say we are prosperous people.
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by modik(m): 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:
IPOB deserves whatever they get.
I liked them not until they made violence their choice.

Those who made violence their choice walks freely without FG blinking an eye against them.

Posterity is taking note.
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by bosco2017: 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Buhari is the terrorist ...he who kills innocent people and instil fear on the people is a terrorist
Ipob is a people and non violent . We go about our peaceful rally until Army invaded our land . Ipob is sueing Nigeria embassies in overseas for labelling us terrorists. The order has been given
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by abdul201512: 11:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
NNAMDI KANU MIGHT HAVE BEEN PAID TO FINALLY KILL BIAFRA DREAM

Kelechi Mbamnozie, an Igbo who works with the UN writes from New York

Nnamdi Kanu, the acclaimed leader of IPOB was not supposed to be in any hiding, never.
The fact that he is not operating openly now tells you all something, he is on the wrong side of this agitation again. The struggle for self-determination even if possible, transcends beyond an individual.

Kanu was advised to rally around the traditional and political leaders of the South. As an Igbo man, I was thought honor, respect, love, self-giving, and honesty by my parents and the community where I grew up. You cannot bring a fight inside the house, if you do, such a person is considered a fool.

When Kanu was released, he enjoyed the encomiums of the majority of Nigerians who saw the Federal Governments lawless detention as evil and unconstitutional because he never committed any crime to be locked up for 2 yrs. He was hosted by Senators and Governors, his father's house became a Mecca of sought, he enjoyed the people's patronage.

Not until the butterfly started thinking himself a bird, the self-aggrandizement overwhelmed him so much that he declared: "there would not be any election in Anambra" and his reasons? Because Kanu said so. He brought the battle into his home. He started receiving Genuflection as a tiny god he approved himself of, and even Senator Abaribe who was among the people that signed his bail surety couldn't speak reason into his skull, he spoke to him, Eastern Governors and some traditional rulers spoke to him, he was too pompous to apply wisdom, humility, and honor, but he wants others to accord him the same.

Now, all those people who would have stood behind him are doubtful of his intentions, so they stayed clear of him. Now, that they have started chasing him, where will he run into? "Lack of wisdom"

Now, this is his SIN. The moment he commissioned the local army on record, posted it out on social media and spoke openly at a rally about the need to have the Biafra Secret Force, he failed from grace, he not only entered into the nest orchestrated by the Nigeria State, he ignited the article in the Constitution of Nigeria that prohibits anyone from organizing an army against the sovereignty, whether you like it or not, Nigeria is a sovereignty, Biafra is not and was never so it is not even a conquered territory.

We reached out to Kanu, advised him to be cautious and apply wisdom, he never listened, he cursed everyone who disagreed with him, we are all "Efulefu". he cut off his communication channel with those who would have helped.
Instead of calling for the boycott of Anambra Election, even when you are not from Anambra, you could have channeled that energy to become a political force in the East, compel your followers to come out in masse and vote in the election and ensure that they elect a credible non-corrupt Governor and House Assemblies knowing that every power and politics is local, you would have scored a gigantic political WIN right there and the Federal Government will start taking you seriously.

You ensure that the same thing in Anambra is replicated it in all the South Eastern and the South Southern States, unseat all these criminal Senators, House members, Governors and let us have our own devoted people represent us for once, NO, Nnamdi was so arrogant that he forgot his culture.

Anambra of all places, the home of Azikiwe, where we have the timbers and calibers of the East, they saw his afront as an insult, just there alone, Kanu diminished his patronage among Eastern Elders who would have been his backbone. (Elders stays at watch as they send the young to battle).

In the course of my career, I have seen deaths, people who died in the face of war and the earth refused to bury them, their carcas decaying that even vultures were so full that they could not feed anymore. I have seen men, real men, rebels in the face of war, their skulls shattered, their bones and legs ripped off, some bled to their death, but among all, there is nothing like the sight of an amputated spirit, hahahahaaaa, there is no prosthetic for that.

Every single information coming out of his house was fake news propaganda, that the UN did this or that was all LIE. We are here at the UN Headquarters and never a time has any issue about Biafra brought to bear in any open sessions, General Assembly, Security Council Consultations, never. But our gullible hardworking brothers whom he met at home never wanted to listen, they believed his lies.

The agitation must be seen as non-violent as possible. The flagrant disregard of any advice was appalling. In the scheme of things, you need strategists, advisers, foreign policy analysts, intel ops and lots of professionals to sit down and drive a master plan, Kanu assumed all these responsibilities and was very bad at them. So far, you can see that he is not a strategist, knows very little about building coalitions within and outside Nigeria, I mean coalitions of friendly countries who can reason with the cause, on many occasions, he switched off his phone because he is a stubborn overlord, look at the carnage he has caused and where is he now? in hiding.

There wouldn't have been any need to hide. He should have been entering the Villa and House of Assembly, lobbying and strategizing, that's how wise men WIN. Remember, "She stopped to Conquer".

The facebook warriors who are good at calling people names on facebook and cannot have dialogue and reason together, over to you, let your name calling continue, how many people are dead now because of Kanus irresponsible stubbornness? And among all those deaths, none of his family members are involved, now the government of Nigeria has categorized IPOB as a terrorist organization, that's what you get when you start to organize an army, its going to be tougher for Easterners who are travelers. My advice, if you wish to travel outside Nigeria, clean up your social media platforms, you could be turned back at any point of entry because of what the Federal Govt just did.

Final words, all of you that are noise makers on social media, have you ever thought of something very covertly possible? That Nnamdi Kanu may have been paid off to quash the Biafra struggle once and for all? That all these charades were staged? hahahahahaaa.

Why did he object against any good advice to go about this struggle perfectly and legitimately? He came back from the UK, was arrested by the Nigerian government that is more or like subservient to the British Lords, Ndi Igbo, wake up before the water reaches your necks.

If we fail to apply wisdom in settling our impasse, we will all perish as fools. I am not going to perish because I see things differently. I don't wish anyone death, can we now wear our thinking cap?? Now?? I mean Now?
Igbo na ekwu si "ijiji nti ike, na eso ozu ala nmuo", onye nwere nti, ya nuru#
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by cooltola(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
IPOB is definitely not a terrorist group. Boko Haram, ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Taliban are terrorist groups, know the differences.
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by BetaThings: 12:24am On Sep 23, 2017
Cyynthia:

Some of my Yoruba Christian brothers are still sleeping, they don't know what is coming their way.
Yoruba Christian too are terrorists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgD6_86af0

Cyynthia:

Head slammers can cry on my mentions as usual for all I care.

We "slam heads" Like Jesus and other Prophets did

Matthew 26:39
He (Jesus) went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will

Numbers 20:6
So Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly to the door of the tabernacle of meeting, and they fell on their faces. And the glory of the LORD appeared to them

Joshua 6:14-15
And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and prostrated himself to him, and said to him, What does my Lord say to his servant? And the Commander of Jehovah’s host said to Joshua, Pull off your shoe from your foot, because the place on which you stand is holy
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by BetaThings: 12:28am On Sep 23, 2017
cooltola:
IPOB is definitely not a terrorist group. Boko Haram, ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Taliban are terrorist groups, know the differences.

The moment he commissioned the local army on record, posted it out on social media and spoke openly at a rally about the need to have the Biafra Secret Force, he failed from grace, he not only entered into the nest orchestrated by the Nigeria State, he ignited the article in the Constitution of Nigeria that prohibits anyone from organizing an army against the sovereignty
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by Yyeske(m): 12:32am On Sep 23, 2017
IPOB is a terrorist group and whoever doesn't like that tag can head to the Supreme Court of Nigeria or the U.N, ICC and ECOWAS courts, simple. Meanwhile, where's that fugitive cowardly terrorist Nnamdi kanu hiding?
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by fratermathy(m): 12:35am On Sep 23, 2017
Cyynthia:

I don't think the man is my brother, he's from Gombe. But he still worships the caliphate like you said.

The sole aim of attacking ibo race pretending as if they are attacking Ipob is to make them weak so that they can successfully implement sharia law as they have been planning, because they know that once they succeed in dealing with Igbos that are 99.9℅ Christians, then they can easily influence we Yorubas because half of us are Muslims already.

How can you declare people of from two regions terrorist, because when sit at home order was given by Ipob, the whole SE and SS were shut down. Who said that Ipob is not Ibo and Ibo is not Ipob ?

God no go allow them.
Some of my Yoruba Christian brothers are still sleeping, they don't know what is coming their way.
FFK will keep emphasizing on that, but some of those head slammers will keep criticizing and hating him for exposing them.

Where in the SS was shut down? Was it your Oyigbo or Asaba? Abi is Yenagoa, Benin City, Warri, Uyo, Calabar, etc, not in the SS again?

Go and sleep. Your eye is paining you.
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by fratermathy(m): 12:38am On Sep 23, 2017
Mekus68:
During the apartheid in South Africa, the ANC was branded a terrorist organisation and Nelson Mandela a terrorist.
But to today, the ANC is the leading political party in South Africa, which has as well produced several presidents, including the current president; Jacob Zuma.
So there's no cause for alarm. What is happening now would be one of our victory stories that we will tell our children, grand children & from generation to generation.

See this supporter of verbal terrorism comparing ANC and Mandela to IPOB and Kanu.

Did ANC or Mandela do any of the following?

1. Call their country a zoo.
2. Insult a sitting president and his ethnicity.
3. Threaten to burn down South Africa.
4. Call blacks pigs and idiots.
5. Establish a radio station for propaganda.
6. Establish a secret service "publicly".
7. Attack military officials with stones and sticks.

Oya answer!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:49am On Sep 23, 2017
ok ipob is not a terrorist union. .two court judgements pronouncing two different judgments. . .then who will be bold enough to file the case in court challenging the declaration?
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by Yyeske(m): 1:40am On Sep 23, 2017
fratermathy:

See this supporter of verbal terrorism comparing ANC and Mandela to IPOB and Kanu.

Did ANC or Mandela do any of the following?

1. Call their country a zoo.
2. Insult a sitting president and his ethnicity.
3. Threaten to burn down South Africa.
4. Call blacks pigs and idiots.
5. Establish a radio station for propaganda.
6. Establish a secret service "publicly".
7. Attack military officials with stones and sticks.

Oya answer!
He has no answers, allow those terrorists to be abeg

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by BlackMbakara1(m): 1:48am On Sep 23, 2017
Lawyers said the proscription was illegal because there was no judicial backing...now they said IPOB can't be sued.

Question:

Is it that we have confused lawyers in Nigeria?

If court can't proscribe IPOB, who can?

I'm beginning to think lawyers are our problem in this country as they talk too much(especially from the both sides of their mouth) while innocent people die and insecurity persist.

At this juncture, the FG should do what they think is right on-behalf of the citizens. Some people can't drag us back for their selfish reasons...
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by beblessed(f): 5:07am On Sep 23, 2017
Has anyone thought of the wider implications of branding IPOB a terrorist group . Potentially, Nigeria now has more than 2+ terrorist groups operating within the country, fulani herdsmen excluded for 'unknown' reasons, and they join the league  of the somalias, Kenya, Sudan etc still suffering conomically as a result of the image damage. Your passports says Nigerian not Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba etc, so everyone will go through tougher scrutiny in terms of visa applications, international perception and free traveling movement.
Nigerians should remember what they passed through after 2009 underwear bomber. It's not really a matter of not been Muslim , everyone faced the same dance. I work in the aerospace and defence industry and we have a list of countries we almost do not hire  candidates born in these countries nor offer contracts to companies originating there ( insider information) due to ITAR and controlled goods clearance regulations with the US. List includes libya, iraq, yemen etc , guess what Nigeria is currently being considered to be added on that list and any moment from!now, we will be in!  We know the implications of this , I will let you figure it out. I hope the Presidential advisers considered the Economic impact of these things before potentially labelling your country a terrorist infested zone ! Kapish...copied
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by Scholarnwadimma(f): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:
IPOB deserves whatever they get.
I liked them not until they made violence their choice.
Mek I no tell you to chop shit.
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
Nigeria is not one and can never be ONE. Believe it or not.
IPOB is not a terrorism group but the Government is pushing them to be.
Buhari and his soldiers might not stand the resistance when it begins. Let there be peace, I pray.
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by nairanaira12: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cyynthia:

I don't think the man is my brother, he's from Gombe. But he still worships the caliphate like you said.

The sole aim of attacking ibo race pretending as if they are attacking Ipob is to make them weak so that they can successfully implement sharia law as they have been planning, because they know that once they succeed in dealing with Igbos that are 99.9℅ Christians, then they can easily influence we Yorubas because half of us are Muslims already.

How can you declare people of from two regions terrorist, because when sit at home order was given by Ipob, the whole SE and SS were shut down. Who said that Ipob is not Ibo and Ibo is not Ipob ?

God no go allow them.
FFK will keep emphasizing on that, but some of those head slammers will keep criticizing and hating him for exposing them.

What do you think we can do? This idea of just praying and expecting miracles doesn't really go down well with me.
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by nairanaira12: 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
Praktikals:
Divided or multiplied, IPOB= Terrorist Group

And Fulani herdsmen are what?
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by nairanaira12: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
JayJohnson:
Nigerians are not divided, only the iPod remained confused and divided
One Nigeria, one nation!
IPod go and die

Nigeria is divided. When one section seeks to impose Sharia on the other parts of the country, then that's a clear sign of division
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by Elbowroom: 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
misano:

I pity U. Use ur brain. I know U don't like IPOB but think of it, is it fair? I am not Igbo but I trust Igbos they are tough.

Get out of here stop uttering rubbish

Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by misano(m): 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
Elbowroom:

Get out of here stop uttering rubbish

You are late. You're in the past (ie U are like history, a blast from the past) Did daddy just send U 10MB to check Nairaland? That comment is from yesterday and I have moved ahead, apparently, U are behind me. Plsss don't drag me back.
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by Elbowroom: 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
misano:

You are late. You're in the past (ie U are like history, a blast from the past) Did daddy just send U 10MB to check Nairaland? That comment is from yesterday and I have moved ahead, apparently, U are behind me. Plsss don't drag me back.

Kid yearnings

You expect be to sleep and wake on nairaland? Because I don't have job or other better things to tend to?

I heard jamb scores don reduce therefore you should be able to quench your joblessness this summer...

Sleeping on Nairaland keeps your situation worsen
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by misano(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
Elbowroom:

Kid yearnings

You expect be to sleep and wake on nairaland? Because I don't have job or other better things to tend to?

I heard jamb scores don reduce therefore you should be able to quench your joblessness this summer...

Sleeping on Nairaland keeps your situation worsen

I can't read your first line. Now U are not only late, Ur English is dead. can't deal....
Re: Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB by osagieesezobor: 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
LAWYERS:

My friend, Osemudiamen Ogbemudia has been hinting me on several positives available on www.brief.com.ng

He said the online platform eases law practice and enriches lawyers. He also mentioned that the website is constructed to connect lawyers in the several cities in Nigeria.

So, this evening, I decided to navigate the web page today and I found that www.brief.com.ng is unique and interesting. Are you a lawyer? I urge you to visit www.brief.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Anambra Economy Will Surpass Lagos - Melie Onyejepu / 27 Rivers Lawmakers Lack Powers To Serve Fubara Impeachment Notice – G-60 Reps / Amaechi is currently leading in the Best Nigerian Governors Polls (join now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.