Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Does This Make Sense To You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does This Make Sense To You? (951 Views)

Does it make sense to go on dates as a Nigerian man / I Need Your Honest Opinion, Does This Make Sense? Picture / Name A Nairalander Whose Comments Have Always Make Sense To You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Make Sense To You? by Boyooosa(m): 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ordinarily, there should be difference between immorality and crime. And if immorality must be justified to be crime, it shouldn't be an act of signifying one's interest in a lady. In the real sense of it, I dont buy the idea of some immature guys that keep harassing and embarrassing girls on the street with their various wrong and irritating gestures. Unnecessary disturbance might surface if you incessantly call the attention of a stranger (lady) that might be focused on her destination or other bugging issues but I wish to know may be its out-rightly barbaric to be whistling to a complete stranger if you desperately need to have her attention knowing fully well that you might loose the opportunity of seeing her forever. I read a report (End of macho culture: Macron to make wolf-whistling and asking for woman's number illegal) recently, pertaining to this issue and i will like to know your opinion as a lady; how you would feel if a guy (stranger) continually calls your attention on your way to somewhere very important, and what would be your advice for such person if he is a desperate positive minded person (I mean what should be his approach in such slight opportunity of wooing you?)
Guys too are not left behind, how do you manage such scenario?
Meanwhile, this is the link to the report if you wish to peruse:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/856606/macho-culture-Macron-wolf-whistling-asking-for-womans-number-illegal
Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
sad
Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by mofeoluwadassah: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
i did'nt even read it
Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by kalufelix(m): 11:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
I'm Not A Fan Of Such Approach But I Don't Think Is A Crime, The Ladies Have Every Right To Take Offence Especially In Extreme Cases Of Harrassment But Some Other Easy Going Ladies Dont Mind .So Long As You Dont Try To Bundle Them Inside The Trunk Of Your Car.. They May Talk Back Friendly Or Intimately At You Give You A Smile Or A Wink. Its About Having That Positive Exchange Of Energy Because Even Our Lovely Wedded Wives And Husbands Were Strangers At One Point

But Me When I Call You I Wan Ask You The Name Of The Next Street O...Lol

2 Likes

Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by Boyooosa(m): 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
kalufelix:
I'm Not A Fan Of Such Approach But I Don't Think Is A Crime, The Ladies Have Every Right To Take Offence Especially In Extreme Cases Of Harrassment But Some Other Easy Going Ladies Dont Mind .So Long As You Dont Try To Bundle Them Inside The Trunk Of Your Car.. They May Talk Back Friendly Or Intimately At You Give You A Smile Or A Wink. Its About Having That Positive Exchange Of Energy Because Even Our Lovely Wedded Wives And Husbands Were Strangers At One Point

But Me When I Call You I Wan Ask You The Name Of The Next Street O...Lol
lol! Probably you are married or you dont give a damn for coincidental love.... i dont want to blame unsettled mind here wink meanwhile, am not a fan of that either but am just curious of how a guy can take advantage of that slightest moment and convert it to the most memorable golden opportunity of life! like seriously, will everything rely on the person of the lady in question, her personality or her mood? and if her mood is not that ready for such interaction, should the guy just give up?
Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by BALLOSKI: 11:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
If you're far and I can't follow you, I won't whistle. If you can't give me a minute or 2 for me to say something, I won't walk with you. I'm shy . I select spot that I can talk to stranger.

1 Like

Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
Boyooosa:
Ordinarily, there should be difference between immorality and crime. And if immorality must be justified to be crime, it shouldn't be an act of signifying one's interest in a lady. In the real sense of it, I dont buy the idea of some immature guys that keep harassing and embarrassing girls on the street with their various wrong and irritating gestures. Unnecessary disturbance might surface if you incessantly call the attention of a stranger (lady) that might be focused on her destination or other bugging issues but I wish to know may be its out-rightly barbaric to be whistling to a complete stranger if you desperately need to have her attention knowing fully well that you might loose the opportunity of seeing her forever. I read a report (End of macho culture: Macron to make wolf-whistling and asking for woman's number illegal) recently, pertaining to this issue and i will like to know your opinion as a lady; how you would feel if a guy (stranger) continually calls your attention on your way to somewhere very important, and what would be your advice for such person if he is a desperate positive minded person (I mean what should be his approach in such slight opportunity of wooing you?)
Guys too are not left behind, how do you manage such scenario?
Meanwhile, this is the link to the report if you wish to peruse:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/856606/macho-culture-Macron-wolf-whistling-asking-for-womans-number-illegal
it feels uncomfortable and what i do is to usually stare at them like their great grandmother would, or ignore them because my parents definitely didnt give me wolf whistle, cat calls, or ‘hey fine girl!' as my name during my naming ceremony
Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by Boyooosa(m): 12:40am On Sep 23, 2017
BALLOSKI:
If you're far and I can't follow you, I won't whistle. If you can't give me a minute or 2 for me to say something, I won't walk with you. I'm shy . I select spot that I can talk to stranger.
Just like me bro! Eran lo niyen! cheesy
Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by Boyooosa(m): 12:55am On Sep 23, 2017
funmisticqueen:
it feels uncomfortable and what i do is to usually stare at them like their great grandmother would, or ignore them because my parents definitely didnt give me wolf whistle, cat calls, or ‘hey fine girl!' as my name during my naming ceremony
I understand your plight and can relate with the discomfort involved but like my people would say 'If you decide to show a temporary blindness to a bad person, good one might actually go off your sight in the process'. A man might see light in having an encounter with you but if you dont give audience, how do you think the potential interaction might be fulfilled. Most especially, in a case, whereby you guys might not meet again forever. Should we assume that you guys are not destined to have anything in common or the unnecessary evil just won that moment?
Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 23, 2017
Boyooosa:

I understand your plight and can relate with the discomfort involved but like my people would say 'If you decide to show a temporary blindness to a bad person, good one might actually go off your sight in the process'. A man might see light in having an encounter with you but if you dont give audience, how do you think the potential interaction might be fulfilled. Most especially, in a case, whereby you guys might not meet again forever. Should we assume that you guys are not destined to have anything in common or the unnecessary evil just won that moment?
that is not the way a good man with class approaches a lady, only riffraff behave in such manner. No matter the package, what is stopping you from walking up to me and saying ‘ hi young lady, may i have a word....’ i would most likely give you and audience then.
Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by TINALETC3(f): 10:26am On Sep 23, 2017
I personally find whistling very offensive, no matter ur personality, I won't even bhave like am d one u ar culing, men cn b desperate, if he really wants u, being far cnt b an excuse 4 whistling. I ws discussing wt a frnd by d roadside one day, we were facing each oda, nt knowing dat a guy ws standing behind me, he waited til we finished d discussion, wen I turned and saw hm, I ws shocked, he told me am d one he ws waiting 4 and my frnd confirmed he has bin standing dere. I ws moved to even apologize 4 dat, I had no choice dan gv hm my attention, d way u approach her matters more dan d grammar u wl speak

1 Like

Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by Harwoyeez(m): 11:07am On Sep 23, 2017
Just a simple whistling grin grin....Approach matters in any situation... I won't dare do such if at all I find someone I wish to talk to on d street
Re: Does This Make Sense To You? by Boyooosa(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
TINALETC3:
I personally find whistling very offensive, no matter ur personality, I won't even bhave like am d one u ar culing, men cn b desperate, if he really wants u, being far cnt b an excuse 4 whistling. I ws discussing wt a frnd by d roadside one day, we were facing each oda, nt knowing dat a guy ws standing behind me, he waited til we finished d discussion, wen I turned and saw hm, I ws shocked, he told me am d one he ws waiting 4 and my frnd confirmed he has bin standing dere. (and you made my day with this...) I ws moved to even apologize 4 dat, I had no choice dan gv hm my attention, d way u approach her matters more dan d grammar u wl speak
Thank you so much. You actually nailed it. ALL!

(1) (Reply)

This Is What A Girl Posted On Facebook Page / Have You Done Your HIV Test???? / Is She Really 18?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.