Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

The Wife Material - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Wife Material (2154 Views)

Afeez Ogoro: Is This The Wife Of The Tallest Nigerian Man (Photos) / The Wife Of The Kitchen Stool Headmaster Speaks About The Sextape Saga (video) / My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wife Material by motun2017(f): 8:39am On Sep 23, 2017
*The wife material*

The other day, there was no water in my hostel, so, I went outside to fetch. Now, I have very fragile bones, I can't be messing with my arms, I decided it would be safer if I put the keg of water on my head(advantage of having a big head, shey?). Well, I found someone and together, we balanced the keg on my head. Some dude saw me and sent me a message afterwards saying: Keji, you're a wife material o. If it were to be other girls, they would be forming.
Me (feigning ignorance): what did Keji do o?
Him: I saw the way you put keg of water on your head nah
Me: In your mind now, you would be thinking you're making sense o. Mtchew...

Why does our society still justify a good wife qualities by the amount of suffering she passes through?
Ideally, with the level of civilization the world is experiencing, someone in Africa is thinking a woman is a better wife material because she can put keg of water on her head. Is suffering synonymous to being a wife?
A girl says she doesn't like grinding stone, you shame her for it, a girl says she likes using washing machine, you shame her for it. A girl says she doesn't like pounding yam, you shame her for it. You see, with my level of education and all the stress I am passing through in school right now just to be successful in life, if I cannot afford to make like easier for myself, if I cannot afford a blender, a washing machine, a pounding machine, then, I would be a disgrace to myself, to my family, and to my struggle!
I've read stories of how a man 'tested' his fiance by asking her to sleep in kitchen and she obeyed and he was convinced he could marry her... Oya, gbefun������... An argument was on on social media few weeks ago saying a woman that cannot cook soup with 500 naira is not a good wife material, so, I ask, how many of you men can build a duplex with 10,000 naira? Would you date dangote's daughter and be testing her with Poverty? You see, some ladies know what they want in life, it is not pride, it is not gold digging, it is called standard. Test a rich lady with Poverty and watch her leave you, not everyone can cope with Poverty.
I have heard a pastor say if his son brings a lady home, he will pack all his dirty clothes outside and if the lady doesn't come to wash them, his son will not marry her. In my mind, I was like, daddy, you will marry your son at last, sir. Whose daughter do you want to turn to your slave? Y'all want to be pampered and your egos massaged by ladies but you keep testing someone's daughter with Poverty and ill treatment and expect her to stay with you. You will be alright at last.
Keep judging a good wife with how well she can absorb Poverty and suffering and Poverty and suffering will keep following you, since that is what you want.
Please, a good wife is someone who will love and support you not necessarily someone who can put up with Poverty and stress.
Yes, we know our mothers suffered, used grinding stones, went to the river, pounded yam and all. But this is the life of baby girls, we have the money and sense to make life comfortable for ourselves, stop shaming girls who seek comfort. Except you have the ambition to be poor, you should have no reason compulsorily searching for a lady who can cook soup with 500 naira.

*MORENIKEJI NIGHTINGALE*

Copied

cc lalasticlala
Mynd44

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Wife Material by dingbang(m): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2017
cool nice piece....
Re: The Wife Material by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 23, 2017
Gbam gbam gbam babycheesy
I just don't understand... grin

1 Like

Re: The Wife Material by motun2017(f): 8:50am On Sep 23, 2017
dingbang:
cool nice piece....
thanks
Re: The Wife Material by babywhite(f): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2017
well said
Re: The Wife Material by Blackhawk01: 9:03am On Sep 23, 2017
God bless you oooooo Motun. To show my wife materialism, I must suffer abi? You go tey there oooo because I honestly can't inconvenient myself just to make your silly opinion count.

I don't know how to make amala, still won't learn how to make it. If my husband desires it so much, let him prepare it himself, I wee epp him make the soup tongue tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wife Material by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 23, 2017
My dear I don't even understand.. They way people think ehn..
Re: The Wife Material by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 23, 2017
I don't totally support this

African women want more from men but don't want to do anything in return to justify it

Simple!
Re: The Wife Material by Blackhawk01: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2017
sunshineG:

African women want more from men but don't want to do anything in return to justify it

Simple!

angry angry undecided
Re: The Wife Material by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 23, 2017
Blackhawk01:

angry angry undecided
embarassed
It is the work of the devil tongue

Hope you are cool, I haven't seen you here for the whole week
Re: The Wife Material by Blackhawk01: 9:17am On Sep 23, 2017
sunshineG:
embarassed
It is the work of the devil tongue

Hope you are cool, I haven't seen you here for the whole week

Hahahaha. Devil izz already giving you work early momo? shocked shocked

I'm fine jawe, you? I only have time at night jawe but I was kinda active this week sha.
Re: The Wife Material by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 23, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Hahahaha. Devil izz already giving you work early momo? shocked shocked

I'm fine jawe, you? I only have time at night jawe but I was kinda active this week sha.
lol. I am cool
I was thinking one guy is the one keeping you quiet grin

By the way, I am very close to finding out that your guy tongue
Have a lovely day wink
Re: The Wife Material by Blackhawk01: 9:36am On Sep 23, 2017
sunshineG:
lol. I am cool
I was thinking one guy is the one keeping you quiet grin

By the way, I am very close to finding out that your guy tongue
Have a lovely day wink

Hahahaha cheesy grin cheesy

Good luck in your research oooo. Even if you find out, i can't confirm it because we broke up already. Keep doing the guess work, there's no end to it. tongue tongue

Btw, where is Thepussyhunter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wife Material by phintohlar(f): 11:27am On Sep 23, 2017
Blackhawk01:
God bless you oooooo Motun. To show my wife materialism, I must suffer abi? You go tey there oooo because I honestly can't inconvenient myself just to make your silly opinion count.

I don't know how to make amala, still won't learn how to make it. If my husband desires it so much, let him prepare it himself, I wee epp him make the soup tongue tongue
i'm telling u my sis, like me now no
isabi pound yam and i no ready to learn am so if my husband like am make he pound am himself i go chop am
Re: The Wife Material by motun2017(f): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2017
phintohlar:
isabi pound yam and i no ready to learn am so if my husband like am make he pound am himself i go chop am
pound yam ke .when i can gladly buy ayoola poundo yam
Re: The Wife Material by Blackhawk01: 11:43am On Sep 23, 2017
phintohlar:

Any man that demands pounded yam from me is evil! Which hand should I use to pound biko? Poundoyam, all the way. cool cool

I don't even complicate issues for myself before one dude will start thinking he has found a machine, I tell em upfront.

Ya wicked ooo, yoh wee watch your husband pound yam and still chop out it abi. cheesy grin cheesy.
Re: The Wife Material by LordKO(m): 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
The post is in order. However, it's not everyone that hold such parochial opinion - only small-minded people, not just Africans - because it knows no race or boundary. This kind of opinion is akin to that of those who believe that wretchedness automatically equates to holiness while riches equates to evil. Most people do fail to differentiate poverty-enabled humbleness from real humbleness.

Suffering and smiling, Persona over attribute, superficiality over realness are the major hallmarks of the action/opinion of a small-minded person.

5 Likes

Re: The Wife Material by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Good luck in your research oooo. Even if you find out, i can't confirm it because we broke up already. Keep doing the guess work, there's no end to it. tongue tongue

Btw, where is Thepussyhunter?
he is around
Had some problems with his health, but he is ok now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wife Material by phintohlar(f): 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Any man that demands pounded yam from me is evil! Which hand should I use to pound biko? Poundoyam, all the way. cool cool

I don't even complicate issues for myself before one dude will start thinking he has found a machine, I tell em upfront.

Ya wicked ooo, yoh wee watch your husband pound yam and still chop out it abi. cheesy grin cheesy.
i go chop am oh babe, still commpliment am sef.. "Baby this pounded yam is so soft, you are a good pounder" o ngun yati (u can pound anything anything)
Re: The Wife Material by phintohlar(f): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2017
motun2017:
pound yam ke .when i can gladly buy ayoola poundo yam
o shu mi oo (e tiring me)

1 Like

Re: The Wife Material by Ladyjumong(f): 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
phintohlar:
aaaaaaaah, easy ooo
Re: The Wife Material by Blackhawk01: 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
phintohlar:
i go chop am oh babe, still commpliment am sef.. "Baby this pounded yam is so soft, you are a good pounder" o ngun yati (u can pound anything anything)

cheesy grin cheesy

I pity yoh ooo, ma je iyan freely di igba ti o ma pound ori e tongue
Re: The Wife Material by phintohlar(f): 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
Blackhawk01:

cheesy grin cheesy

I pity yoh ooo, ma je iyan freely di igba ti o ma pound ori e tongue
hahahahahaha,ori mi ke,e joor oo
Re: The Wife Material by phintohlar(f): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ladyjumong:
aaaaaaaah, easy ooo
lol.. Yes ma'am
Re: The Wife Material by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
An argument was on on social media few weeks ago saying a woman that cannot cook soup with 500 naira is not a good wife material, so, I ask, how many of you men can build a duplex with 10,000 naira?
Lol

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Material by Ladyjumong(f): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
phintohlar:
lol.. Yes ma'am
ur man to enter kitchen go dey pound yam for u to come chop grin

abeg fear God even if na small grin cheesy
Re: The Wife Material by phintohlar(f): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ladyjumong:
ur man to enter kitchen go dey pound yam for u to come chop grin

abeg fear God even if na small grin cheesy
abeg tell me where e dey for bible say na me must pound yam for am
Re: The Wife Material by Ladyjumong(f): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2017
phintohlar:
abeg tell me where e dey for bible say na me must pound yam for am
grin grin grin

That excuse no go work for both of una ooo grin cheesy
Re: The Wife Material by Lalas247(f): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
sunshineG:

Simple!
undecided

Brings out whip
Re: The Wife Material by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Come and see how lazy girls will be jubiliating on this thread. Even the ones that don't know how to do anything will also comment.
Re: The Wife Material by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Lalas247:

undecided

Brings out whip
shocked embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Wife Material by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Btw, where is Thepussyhun.ter?

right here hun and still kicking grin grin

not to pry but last i checked from my "reliable" source that up there @bolded is invalid and is a blatant lie sad undecided (even though i'd rejoice if it trully happens as that would mean my 1 week crush would finally be single and ready to mingle again lipsrsealed grin )

howdy do BTW

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Would Rather Die In Silence Than Compliment Someone. Why? / 3 Things You Should NEVER Tell Your Woman In A Relationship / Lovely Matching Outfits Pre-wedding Photos Of 2 Cute Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.