Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,417 members, 7,812,229 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ (40068 Views)

Which Senegal Team Is The Golden Generation 2002 WC Team Or 2021 AFCON Team? / The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze / Russia 2018 – Hazard Takes Swipe At England’s Golden Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2017
Sir SoetanOreoluwa.... I just stumbled on a post by you about 6hours ago or so..... wink

You remember when some folks thought you were me right? (Supernerd) wink you recall how they found out how wrong they were...

Yeah... well now... uhmmm... you may be thinking I am Supernerd247... well here is a shocker... I am not.

My Only NL moniker is and remains TheSupernerd.... it may be hard to believe but I truly have no alternates.

TheSupernerd is not same as Supernerd247... whoever is behind that moniker will reveal himself/herself or drop a comment in due time I think but I am definitely not him or her.

Gosh... how many more monikers will I keep being linked to huh? Y'all keep making me smile.... Sir SoetanOreoluwa... plsss take note okay. Thank you. smiley And your words from page 1 are noted. I appreciate your words. Godbless.

1 Like

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:31pm On Sep 27, 2017
You’re Still In My Plans – Rohr Tells Dutch-Nigerian Defender Tyronne Ebuehi

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has assured ADO Den Haag defender Tyronne Ebuehi that he is still part of his plans despite placing him on standby in the list of players released for the clash against Zambia.

Ebuehi was placed on standby by Rohr, same coach who convinced him to pursue an international career with Nigeria despite his eligibility to represent the Netherlands.

However the 21 year old has been unable to dislodge Shehu Abdullahi as the first choice right full back of the team, and Ola Aina switch of allegiance from England to Nigeria sent Ebuehi further down the pecking order.

Yet to be capped by Nigeria, Rohr told the full back he won’t be in the squad for the game against Zambia before the list was made public, and also explained to him that he is still part of his plans.
Rohr explained to him that he has a very bright future with Nigeria, but for the game against Zambia he won’t be considered due to tactical reasons not made known to this portal.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/youre-still-in-my-plans-rohr-tells-dutch-nigerian-defender-tyronne-ebuehi/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nigerian Players P-Index

Henry Onyekuru (RSC Anderlecht): Played all 90mins as his side fell 3-0 at home to Celtic of Scotland. Recall that Celtic also came for Onyekuru in the last transfer window but he eventually turned down Celtic, chose Everton and joined Anderlecht.

Well, Henry had a passing accuracy of 68% and completed 3 dribbles. He also won one aerial duel and considering he stands at 1.75m that is interesting... lol

WhoScored match rating is 6.2 (actually 6.17).
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
Opponents watch

Zambia Coach Goes Spiritual Ahead Clash With Super Eagles In Uyo

Coach of the senior national team of Zambia Wedson Nyirenda has admitted that his team need more than good tactics, if they want to beat Nigeria in their World Cup 2018 Qualifiers in Uyo.

Zambia need a win to keep the group open ahead of the final round of games, while Nigeria need a win to progress to the tournament with a game to spare after picking up 10 points from a possible 12.

Nyirenda believes his players need mental drilling to be at par with the Super Eagles, and that is one area he is focusing on ahead of the clash which will take place on the 7th of October.

He also went religious while insisting that his wards know it is their time to qualify for the World Cup as God has taken them far for them to help themselves.

“The game will be highly psychological, therefore we are working on their mental strength before the match,” the coach said on his official twitter handle.

“Every player and everyone on our bench know and believe that this time is our time. God can only show you the fish and it is up to you to fish it out.”

**Shedrack Obi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/zambia-coach-goes-spiritual-ahead-clash-with-super-eagles-in-uyo/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:43pm On Sep 27, 2017
FIFA Appoint Botswana Referee Bondo For Super Eagles Clash Against Zambia

Joshua Bondo has been appointed as the centre referee for the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers tie between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and Zambia in Uyo.
Bondo hails from Botswana, and he will be assisted by Oamogetse Godisamang who is also from Botswana and Souru Phatsoane of Lesotho in the position of Assistant Referee 1 and 2 respectively.

The fourth official of the game Tirelo Mositwane hails from Botswana just like the centre referee, while South African Carlos Neves Henriques will act as the Referee assessor.

Osama Hassan Ataaelmanan was appointed the match commissioner for the game which a win will see Nigeria progress to the World Cup, while Zambia need to avoid defeat to keep alive their hope of qualifying for the showpiece in Russia.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/fifa-appoint-botswana-referee-bondo-for-super-eagles-clash-against-zambia/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
Aaron Samuel Loses First Team Status At CSKA Moscow

CSKA Moscow Nigerian forward Aaron Samuel has lost his place in the matchday squad of the Russian side after failing to impress since joining the team permanently in the summer.

The 23 year old has scored just once in nine matches this season in all competitions, with the goal coming in the 2-1 win over Tosno in the league on the 9th of August.

Samuel who had his loan spell cut short by injury after joining the team in the summer of 2016 has been anything but brilliant for the team, a form which has lead to his axing from the first team.

The decision to axe him from the matchday squad of the club was taken after the forward failed to deliver against second division side Avangard Kursk, a game they lost 1-0 to crash out of the Russian Cup.

Against Avargand Kursk he was rated as one of the worst players on display for the club, and it appears the game has now cost him is placement in the team, with the forward no where near the line up for the 1-4 loss to Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/cska-moscow-nigerian-forward-aaron-samuel-has-lost-his-place-in-the-matchday-squad-of-the-russian-side-after-failing-to-impress-since-joining-the-team-permanently-in-the-summer-the-23-year-old-has-s/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 28, 2017
Dr. Supernerd
The great soccer analytic mind.

There's a message from an elder Icon4 to you.

Please respond.

I also join with several other people to ask you to please respond to Icon4 olive branch.

God bless you.
UP Super Eagle!!!!!!
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:12am On Sep 28, 2017
Would have replied a little earlier but already acknowledged that I have seen the message by being the first to like and share.....

The Antispambots stopped me from replying a little later so I sent the Supermods (Thanks to Madam Dominique and Sir Mynd44 again) another message (before going offline for a couple of hours to attend to Life matters) and now I am able to type this short response.

Chief Icon4s.... I have heard/read all you have said/typed. You know I see you like a father-figure and my respect for you goes very deep. It is well. smiley

Thank you for making out the time to read every word in "my epistle" wink And Thanks for understanding why I must take my time to return.

But in all you are right about the bolded... We are united by a common dream and goal as regards seeing Nigeria Football rise and achieve even more greatness. It must be finished and accomplished. I have heard you O great and Kind Sir... thank you once again.

P.S: May this be the last we hear of this issue. Let the thread kindly move on and maintain focus full throttle. Chief Icon4s... Have a most wonderful day. Godbless. smiley

Icon4s:
Well, TheSuperNerd, I have read the 'epistle' (as you put it), you have up there. Believe me i read every word.

I am here with a mandate from the good sports family of nairaland particularly the Super Eagles thread.

A lot has been said by virtually everyone including you. No need repeating words.

TheSuperNerd we want you back.

There is the saying that winners never quit and quitters never win.

We all started the thread together and we must all see to the end of it. We will win together.

Gladly everyone has said his or her mind and for this I believe it will fashion out how we interact moving forward.

I am not against the thread you created. I mean this is nairaland and nobody has the monopoly of creating threads. I, for one, have created threads on nairaland but that does not stop me from commenting on our Super Eagles thread.

We hope to qualify for the 2018 WC on October 7th. How will it be that we will be discussing players selection and tactics for the WC and you are left out.
We just need your presence and contributions.

I respect your decision of we giving you some time off. That is fine by us.

Just know we are all ready to embrace you on your return.

cc: Kog45, enomakos, tbaba1234, eterisan, TheGoodJoe, Joseph1013, Safarigirl, Bascovanveli, joebie, forgiveness, confun, terzurum5, komekn, goldfish80, icon79 and all others not mentioned.
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:15am On Sep 28, 2017
It is well Sir Taliban..... smiley Thank you very much. God bless you too and Yes, Up Super Eagles and Up Nigeria. smiley

As the Eagle soars even in the presence of the storms so may you also soar high in whatever your endeavors are. Everyone is a star, just never give up and keep doing the best that you do. It is well. Thank you.

Taliban:
Dr. Supernerd
The great soccer analytic mind.

There's a message from an elder Icon4 to you.

Please respond.

I also join with several other people to ask you to please respond to Icon4 olive branch.

God bless you.
UP Super Eagle!!!!!!
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:17am On Sep 28, 2017
Agali Confident Rohr Will Lead Super Eagles To 2018 World Cup
By Bamidele Boluwaji

Former Super Eagles striker Victor Agali says he is impressed with coach Gernot Rohr’s commitment to the 2018 FIFA World Cup ticket, saying the players invited for the October 7 qualifier against the Chipolopolo of Zambia in Uyo are good enough to earn Nigeria the maximum points in the match, Completesportsnigeria.com reports

Agali, who formed a devastating strike partnership with Nwankwo Kanu in the qualifiers for the 2002 World Cup, urged the players to approach the match with the same spirit with which they defeated the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon in Uyo early in the month.

“I must say I am impressed with the commitment of coach Rohr to the World Cup ticket and I am not surprised because I know the type of coach he is and the plans he has for Nigeria,” Agali who coaches a Lagos based National League side, FC Racine, told Completesportsnigeria.com.

“All the players invited are good enough for the match and we all know them and the talent each of them has.

“The players have a lot to offer if Nigeria must beat Zambia to qualify for the World Cup and that has to do with a winning spirit and determination to win. It’s a crucial match for Nigeria and they must approach it with all seriousness.

“I expect nothing short of victory against Zambia.”

Nigeria top African qualifying Group B with 10 points after
victories over Algeria, Zambia and Cameroun (in Uyo and a draw in Yaoundé), while Zambia are three points behind in second place.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/agali-confident-rohr-will-lead-super-eagles-2018-world-cup/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:21am On Sep 28, 2017
FIFA 2018 WCQ: Eagles’ll suppress Zambia’s new spirit, says Mikel

Mikel

Super Eagles’ Captain, John Obi Mikel believes Zambia’s new found spirit in their FIFA 2018 World Cup qualification campaign will be suppressed when they face the Super Eagles in a group B tie October 7 in Uyo.
Mikel, though acknowledged that the Zambians will not be push overs, submitted that the Eagles have the commitment and the professionalism to get the job done.
“I must admit that I applaud the resurgence of the Zambians this late in the qualifiers.
Beating Algeria home and away is no mean feat. We will take them very serious on October 7 because they clearly have a new spirit. It is time we wrap this up.

“We have all shown professionalism, dedication and determination to be at the pole position in a group tagged ‘Group of Death.’
“Commendations must go to the entire team and the Coach, but we must finish it up in Uyo and secure our ticket right there,” he said.

Also speaking, Super Eagles keeper, Ikechukwu Ezenwa submitted that it was too late for the Chipolopolo to find their rhythm.

“I think it’s too late for Zambia to start dreaming for the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification ticket. The qualification race commenced at the same time for everyone and here we are at the summit of the group.

“It will be most unfair for Zambia or any other person to think that we will allow the golden opportunity to slip off our hands,” he stressed.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/fifa-2018-wcq-eaglesll-suppress-zambias-new-spirit-says-mikel/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:33am On Sep 28, 2017
Just a little outside the Super Eagles but linked thru indirect routes

Will be dropping an article that explains The format of the newly formed UEFA Nations league soon.

I find it quite fascinating and a beautiful model to increase the level of competitiveness among nations of a continent. Africa can emulate this but not detail for detail.... but we can come up with a similar concept nonetheless. Will be done later today as I got a long day ahead of me. Will be so very occupied.

Europe is about to get even more competitive among themselves. Africa need to step up and Nigeria must lead the charge to step up so that we can keep up with the challenge of taking on the world best on a very high competitive level internationally.

Making the Afcon a 24-team tournament and now fixed for the summer is a good start but we need more competitiveness added to our international calendar in line with FIFA's yearly calendar of matches and activities. CAF, NFF and the rest of African FAs/Federations gotta look deep into this.
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:37am On Sep 28, 2017
In the arena of Football politics wink

S/South hails Pinnick over Singabele’s appointment

Pinnick

The Amaju Pinnick led leadership of the Nigeria Football
Federation and the leadership of the Confederation of African Football, have been commended by the South-South football family for the appointment of Dr. Peter Singabele as a member of the medical committee of CAF.

According to a release signed by the leadership of the South-South zone led by Christopher Green, the zone said the appointment of the veteran medical doctor into the prestigious medical committee goes to confirm the contributions of Dr.
Singabele to the medical profession not only in Nigeria but the African continent.

While thanking the leadership of the NFF for recommending Dr. Singabele, they called on him not to let the zone down any time he is called upon to work for the continental body so as to pave way for others to also climb into such committees in the future.

The South -South zone has promised to give Dr. Singabele all the assistance he would need in being a credible and great ambassador of the zone.

Reacting to the appointment, Dr. Singabele who was a one time executive committee member of the NFF expressed joy at being found worthy to serve, promising not to let Nigeria and the NFF down.

Though admitting that the job is challenging, the one time head of service in Bayelsa State said he will work with other members of the committee to achieve success.

He specifically thanked the NFF president Amaju Pinnick for deeming him fit to serve. The 10 member medical committee of CAF has as its president Adoum Djibrine from Chad, while Algeria’s Yacine Zenguini is the vice president.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/ssouth-hails-pinnick-singabeles-appointment/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:11am On Sep 28, 2017
Nigerian WhoScored Stats Story

As we head into another international break by next weekend (after this approaching Sept 29-October 1 weekend), I'll love us to take a look at some interesting stats about some Nigerian Players doing great courtesy of WhoScored.

The ratings cut across the top five-six leagues (LA Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Liga NOS) of Europe....

>> Wifred Ndidi of Leicester City is rated no.9 in Europe so far this season in terms of Tackles per game stats.

He presently boasts 4.2 tackles per game.

The leader in this stats is Ruben Perez (Leganes) with 5.6 tackles per game, followed by Bruno Zuculini (Verona) also with 5.6 stats and Dani Valves (PSG) with 4.6.

>> Leon Balogun of Mainz O5 is rated no.1 in Europe so far this season in terms of Interceptions per game stats.

He has averaged 4.7 interceptions per game in the Bundesliga. An achievement that makes him no.1 in Europe for key interceptions made per game.

Following Balogun is Ignacio Camacho of Wolfsburg also on 4.7.

While Abdou Diallo also of Mainz 05 is ranked third in Europe so far with 4.2 Interceptions per game.

Morgan Schneiderlin of Everton is fourth with 4.0.

Even the reputable Stefan De Vrij of SS Lazio is 8th with 3.8.

Courtesy: WhoScored.... soon I will be dropping Squawka stats on our players.

Note: Squawka and Whoscored are both World ranking super stats sites in the beautiful game. Exposition to these two world class Analytical Juggernauts gives us another angle and another big picture into what our players around the world are actually doing and how they are improving their all round game. Stats does not tell the full story but they always give us a big picture and newer keener angle into most ignored sides of the Beautiful Game.
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by joxxy01(m): 7:36am On Sep 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Joshua Bondo has been appointed as the centre referee for the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers tie between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and Zambia in Uyo.
Bondo hails from Botswana, and he will be assisted by Oamogetse Godisamang who is also from Botswana and Souru Phatsoane of Lesotho in the position of Assistant Referee 1 and 2 respectively.

The fourth official of the game Tirelo Mositwane hails from Botswana just like the centre referee, while South African Carlos Neves Henriques will act as the Referee assessor.

Osama Hassan Ataaelmanan was appointed the match commissioner for the game which a win will see Nigeria progress to the World Cup, while Zambia need to avoid defeat to keep alive their hope of qualifying for the showpiece in Russia.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/fifa-appoint-botswana-referee-bondo-for-super-eagles-clash-against-zambia/
i hope this is not another conspiracy sha..
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by oloriooko(m): 8:16am On Sep 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

**Ade Emmanuel

So CAF is so dumb not to know that a North Africa ref would have been the best choice for such critical game instead of a South African ref!
One wonders why African refs are sparsely used for the world Cup
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by Icon4s(m): 8:36am On Sep 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Would have replied a little earlier but already acknowledged that I have seen the message by being the first to like and share.....

The Antispambots stopped me from replying a little later so I sent the Supermods (Thanks to Madam Dominique and Sir Mynd44 again) another message (before going offline for a couple of hours to attend to Life matters) and now I am able to type this short response.

Chief Icon4s.... I have heard/read all you have said/typed. You know I see you like a father-figure and my respect for you goes very deep. It is well. smiley

Thank you for making out the time to read every word in "my epistle" wink And Thanks for understanding why I must take my time to return.

But in all you are right about the bolded... We are united by a common dream and goal as regards seeing Nigeria Football rise and achieve even more greatness. It must be finished and accomplished. I have heard you O great and Kind Sir... thank you once again.

P.S: May this be the last we hear of this issue. Let the thread kindly move on and maintain focus full throttle. Chief Icon4s... Have a most wonderful day. Godbless. smiley

Thank you.
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Look guys.... from Taliban, Maidaboi, Elyte89, Family247, PurpleHouse, SoetanOreoluwa, et al.

I appreciate the comments and all.... but fact is.... I understand the reluctance aiit..... and believe me I am not looking for comments or major discussions.... I created this as another angle into Nigeria's football future. This is for the audience who will most likely never join NL or even comment on NL... this is for the audience out there within and outside NL who just wants a place where they can come and read news and happenings about Our Beloved Football Evolution.
I am NOT Looking at disrupting the flow of The most Beautiful and Best Sports thread ON NL.

I have already told you all in a disclaimer on page Zero and in a reply to Sir Maidaboi on page 1...... THIS IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE THE NEW SUPER EAGLES THREAD. THIS IS LIKE AN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF INFO AND RECORDS AS REGARDS THIS "Possibly New" GOLDEN GENERATION'S RISE..... THIS WILL NEVER BE HOME OF The Super Eagles, because Home is Sir Terzurum5's thread.... Guys (and lady) come on... you know how things roll with us all... We move from thread to thread as a family (even before I showed up... Since 2015 I have seen more than four threads with "The family"wink.

We migrate like birds.... (and we are birds... we are Eagles.. each of us... some older and wiser like Chief Icon4s, some young and passionate like Safarigirl and me, Some highly intellectual in analysis when it comes to the beautiful game like Sir TheGoodJoe, Some very hilarious in analyses sometimes like Sir Forgiveness.. lol wink , Some full of info on first hand scouting and happenings within the dynamics of the beautiful game like Sir Komekn whose views on some of our young players I still don't share homage with but respect all the same for his all-round contributions, some all-supervisory and pioneering like Sir Joseph1013, Sir Terzurum5 and Orkpekyandega and then some more).... we migrate like birds with our unique features and each of us brings a different flavor.... each of we Eagles.... both those I mentioned and those I didn't mention...

I understand that a thread like Sir Terzurum5's is home not because of just the news info shared but because of the many people who come there to interact... the soul of a thread like that lies not in information sharing per se... instead it lies in the analyses and communications we all share as people, as fans, as analysts, as pessimists, as Optimists, as Enthusiasts, as men and as women... Now that and the family bond I feel when in such a midst is what gives me joy to always share and keep that thread going.... I see that thread as what I have always seen it as.... "Family" And that familyhood is what my personal project of a thread will never have... because this not home... this is just like a spin-off of something I am passionate about... something I wanna create to complement what goes on there in "Home".

Please... you should all stick to home. Home is Sir Terzurum5's thread... the dawn of a new era thread. I was one of the few who gave that thread its name and I already have names lined up for the next threads that will follow after Russia 2018 and Afcon 2019. Believe me I still believe in that thread. But I guess I just had to leave for a while....

When I walked into my first thread home on NL opened by the amiable and super brilliant Joseph1013, I mentioned that it was three people who brought me there... TheGoodJoe, Joseph1013, And Safarigirl.

Safarigirl was always in the middle of banters and war of words with guys.... guys who all had different reasons for having a go at her. I recall I will always speak up for her because I knew what I saw in between the lines of her comments on NL sports... I always and will always defend her because even though she was perceived as rude and uncouth by several guys, I was having none of that and told them to shut it and leave the lady alone and I will always tell Safarigirl that I understand that she will always sometimes get riled up but that she was way better than using harsh terms on guys or people who cross her. I was doing all these and being diplomatic about it all.... Even she can bear me witness... there is no day I called her Rude to her face even in the face of obvious evidence... The way I see Friendship is never to bring down a person's heart. Wisdom suggests that we find another way to caution our friends without sounding like one who wanna bring them down... This is why I never called her rude or uncouth or dirty mouthed as people called her... I always told her she had a finger of Gold and lips of Beautiful treasures and a brain that can spark so much positive lightening if only she can focus more on those than on what people say she is. I wanted Safarigirl to know that she is not what people say she is but what she really believes she is... and so far I can say that it has worked to an extent... Even Sir Joseph1013 once commented when she sounded like we all were against her one time on the U-23 thread, that It was always TheSupernerd who got her back no matter what.... I never used Rude, or harsh terms to correct Safari... never. because I knew better... Friendship is about honesty but also about watching out for each other's feelings....

This message goes to Safarigirl.... Do you remember the time during the Sports and Education debate with Chief Icon4s, Safarigirl and TheGoodJoe in one corner and BascoVanVeli and me in the other corner..... ?

Do you recall how you insulted me and told me I knew nothing and should take a seat....? lol

Do you recall how I refrained myself from reacting badly and just laughed it off? I have always had your back even when you lose it sometimes and even had a go at me ONCE with words... I didn't insult you. I never would... I just laughed it off. From the moment I met you... I knew what I had to accomplish... and believe me that is the testimony I hang on to. I learnt to communicate my correction to you without giving in to the way people wanted me to correct you.

Your haters wanted me to have a go at you by labelling you rude, Uncouth, uncultured and more... but I knew better. I found another way... and it was because I was looking at helping to build a lady that will understand how she should see herself. I have never insulted you here... never. And even your conscience knows this truth.

When Crismario told you to call me rude and say that is you saying "the truth" to a friend.... you didn't know that it was a trap. You fell for it. Why didn't you tell him to also tell off his friend Rico...? why didn't you tell him to also tell his friend how Rude, foul mouthed and bitchy his Rants about my mother was... why didn't you do that? But because you wanted to show your honesty as a friend and make them see you as a good friend indeed.... you went on and called me rude in very blatant terms too.... lol.

This was why I said what I said... From that moment, your words of advice became words of Nothing... because I never took that same route with you when people came for your head.

One of the things my parents taught me was to never bow to the pressure of outsiders to label my family and friends by names or terms they want me to. They suggesting names I should call my buddies only mean that I have a duty to find a better and friendlier way to communicate so that I don't end up throwing stones at my friends or family just the same way the outsiders will do.

This is why till date... I never ever took the route of labelling you in harsh terms when correcting your ways with people. And guess what? It always yielded better results because you knew you had a friend in me. A friend who won't bow to what others want me to call you.... but who still found a wise way for telling you truth. And yet I don't think you rude... I only see your harsh words to people as a reactionary mechanism to shut out some voices. I have seen the best of you, Safarigirl and I can safely say you are not rude.. smiley Others may think otherwise... but I know far better. I know you. wink

I stumbled on Nextlevel2222's post and I must say I am shocked that someone still remembers how our friendship began. And you misunderstood Nextlevel222... believe me, I don't even know who Nextlevel222 is... never interacted with her (didn't even know the moniker was female). I think she only wanted you to recall that I was always there by your side even when hell let loose on threads in attack of Safarigirl's manner of approach... Bottomline... you know yourself... correcting a friend is not to please others. It is done to build.... honesty is to be handled wisely. I am not a rude person... and I will never be. What happened just happened and I have no cause for regret. because I jabbed only because I was jabbed first... and when my comments were being trolled, I didn't find it funny.

So you calling me such because someone says you should to prove how good a friend you are.... and to a guy who will never do such to you even when faced with same temptation... hmmm.... you really missed it Safarigirl. You really really did. That was why I didn't give a hoot... wink (Believe me I am actually laughing right now.... but it is well) smiley

Chief Icon4s.... I saw your mention... and I know of the attempts to reconcile. Believe me you have no need for that. I love you guys... I really do. I contributed to some of the names you guys have thrown or still throw around the thread like "O pari master", "Pa Ali", "Chief Icon4s" wink , Archguardian, GoodJoe's plank, and more.... Recall that I gave that thread its name along with Sir Terzurum5 himself... I recall it was Sir AIG07 who even suggested that I be giving the honor of naming the thread and more... and I already have names for the post-afcon 2019 era too.

If the majority wants me back... then I have no choice but to return... but I am sorry it cannot be now and I also won't abandon this personal project of mine (I think it can be a good complement to The thread I call Home on NL).

Let this phase pass. And listen up Chief Sir... No one moniker is bigger than a thread like that.... Not Supernerd or whatever.... that thread is special and very dear to my heart. I will be back because I can see I am still welcome there by the majority (many of which are Ghostmode readers) but it cannot be right now. Besides, that thread was always gonna survive without Nerdie (Sir Icon79's coinage if my moniker... just love that name... lol... I miss that guy). You guys and threads were always beautiful before I arrived... so Let no one think that thread is gonna die. Even me won't let that happen... wink (Come on Chief Icon4s... or should I say "Dad"... you should know me better than that..)

Chief Icon4s... we have had our own battles and misunderstandings which also saw the birth of "He is Not there yet" cheesy

But overtime I have come to warm up to you in a father-son relationship... I see you as the thread's wisest force... I respect you a lot. Honestly I do... so no need for the reconciliation... I am not at war with the thread. I just left because I felt things were beginning to get out of hand and that no matter how crazy disagreements became.... one's mother or father was never (to be) brought into the bargain.
I remember when someone tried to stylishly bring in Safarigirl's mom on our thread.... I didn't allow it happen... I stopped it right in its tracks... no insult was given but the mere mention of her mother made me to step in immediately to avert a potential catastrophe (which was not even being noticed by many). And thankfully the gentleman stepped back on the mother mention and found another route to engage....

My main disgust was not in how my mom was insulted... we will always have people who lack cultured discipline attack our parents. It is a given depending on circumstances.

But what irks me was in how nobody... and I mean nobody on the thread I call Family EXCEPT when Safarigirl spoke up... nobody at all shut down that comment. Nobody told that comment off. Only Safarigirl tried to do the best she could.

Even Chrismario was in support of his Friend. Even Mickael2 and a few others dropped very funny comments like "Next time, don't engage if you don't wanna be hit below the belt"... Now is that condemning a silly act or just being bitchy and blind to the crux of the matter....?
So because a guy finally had the guts to insult the mum of someone you don't reckon with or agree with in discussions... You then start blabbing nonsense about "being hit below the belt".

Do anyone think I could not bring in his mother too.... lol... what are you all thinking sef... makes me laugh. Did you not for once consider that I could choose to get my hands dirty and finish off his whole family... you think I don't know how to? You think I don't know how to swing that sword? cheesy Look... think of it as Superman's way of engagement... He doesn't kill the human enemies... and he won't. That is me... I won't go below the belt... lol... I won't bring in someone's mama... it is a choice and that is part of the difference between me and them.... *Period*

Never knew that is how low Mickael2 can go... but I am a psychological mind also. An analyst of human behaviors. On good authority I can tell you that I understand his problem. smiley wink

Anyone who sees nothing wrong with another person's mother being insulted in the manner it was done and uses the "don't engage if you don't wanna get hit below the belt" on our beautiful thread is someone who represents a kind of Hypocrisy and foolishness that I personally associate with "new doom of behavior".

And hey....Sir BigBlangston... You recall the low-life jabs but you left out the things you said that led to that huh? Be fair and spell it all out... You said you hate me... and that I am a fake... and that I am also Maastricht... remember now? This is why I was a little surprised when you did two things...

1. - In my disagreements with Forgiveness one time... you stepped in and didn't address me. You only addressed Forgiveness. When a moniker confronted you about not making it one-sided.... you wisely said, " I addressed Forgiveness because The other person (TheSupernerd) has since stopped and walked away, but Forgivessness persisted...."

I was surprised. I was like... "wait a minute.. what was that? This guy said he hates me... lol"

Then to confirm my thoughts... the next thing happened...

2. - You quoted my analysis om the team on time after that issue and episode and said something like, "A very detailed and well analysed thought... kudos..." and at another time..you quoted me saying "You will love more of my posting Articles from Colin udoh and the Kwese ESPN sports team"

Believe me... I was wondering why you gave me kudos the first time long after your last mention of me was a hatred message. I only responded with a few words and said... "Why, thank you... but I didn't expect this from you". (Don't know if anyone saw that).

But it is cool... and I also know almost everyone's profession and affiliation... I know that of Sir Joseph1013... Chief Icon4s... Sir Goldfish80 (who I even made the mention of him never ever putting down his professional title as "ordinary"... I know he wanted to sound humble... but I let him know that humility is never talking down on yourself on making yourself seem less... it is rather talking less about yourself).... I also know that of Safarigirl ofcos... and I also know who Komekn is... I have just kept mute about it and acted like a novice.

I also know that of Icon79 and Do4luv14... don't ask me how... words contain messages. wink

And some others also I know... but the Bottomline is...

I see you all as Family online.... I always have and always will. I even call us the best gathering of Nigeria's finest and brainiest in sports analysis and more extending into what we all do offline... so how is it possible that I look down on you all?

The inferiority and Superiority complex talks is really uncalled for... How can I call you guys family and also call our gathering and house the best and finest anywhere online across Nigeria and the "diasporan" clouds...?

About my profession and studies... I recall that I have been asked more times than many about my work and my studies... to which I must try give an answer that does not reveal all but also shows the person that I am not snobbish to his questions.

Sir Tbaba1234 have asked me on two occasions about my studies and whether I was around in Baltimore. I was never gonna reveal that online now was I? But I gave him an answer nonetheless...

Sir Mikron, and also one of the old timers who no longer comments with us (Sir Kenny "something"... can't recall now...) also always ask me about my work and studies... I had to tell them something and as briefly honestly as I could... you see that as ostentatious? Well... that shows the problem is not me but you all who think yourself inferior or think I am trying to make myself bigger than anyone else.

It is really just lame. I couldn't have told Goldfish80 what I told him when he called himself as regards his profession (albeit with humility tones) "ordinary" if truly I was all for superiority complex. Lol

I believe in not looking down on oneself... I believe in telling yourself that you are the best. I believe in the attitude of "I know what I am made of and I will fly to any heights".

This is me. That is why my signature have never ever changed for one day and it never will... I know who I am and I am proud to speak like that and like it. So if anyone got a problem with how much confidence I show in myself... or how much belief I have in my God-given abilities... from all angles of life... then the problem is not from me. It is from you... from the person who misunderstands me.

Apologies for the Epistle.... I think I just had to set more records straight... wink Ofcos I can't set it all straight... There will always be views and perceptions that will keep flying and I cannot address them all.... But what matters is what I think of me and not what anyone thinks. Family knows their own too... that is another that truly matters

On a sidenote....

@Libero808... uhmmm... what are you doing here Miss? You do realise what happened right? You know I have a funny feeling about who you might be but then at other times... I just say, "well... let's carry on... lol" Don't blame me though... Sir Terzurum's thread is home and I came to understand and see a lot of entrances... wink

Hey man,,, You interpreted most things wrongly.

I hope you do come come back
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by Icon79(m): 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
Wow. You read everything? You're a true icon, man grin
Anywayz, I am just replying to say, 'I cosign on everything you said.' a house divided cannot stand.

TheSuperNerd: You sabi say you be ma boi, right? Oya, cool your temper. It don do .... I am missing your Nerdie inputs already. Not as much as the First Lady grin but I do miss your insightful contribution. And you sabi say camp opens next week so better come back in a hurry. And don't let me get angry angry

O pari

Icon4s:
Well, TheSuperNerd, I have read the 'epistle' (as you put it), you have up there. Believe me i read every word.

I am here with a mandate from the good sports family of nairaland particularly the Super Eagles thread.

A lot has been said by virtually everyone including you. No need repeating words.

TheSuperNerd we want you back.

There is the saying that winners never quit and quitters never win.

We all started the thread together and we must all see to the end of it. We will win together.

Gladly everyone has said his or her mind and for this I believe it will fashion out how we interact moving forward.

I am not against the thread you created. I mean this is nairaland and nobody has the monopoly of creating threads. I, for one, have created threads on nairaland but that does not stop me from commenting on our Super Eagles thread.

We hope to qualify for the 2018 WC on October 7th. How will it be that we will be discussing players selection and tactics for the WC and you are left out.
We just need your presence and contributions.

I respect your decision of we giving you some time off. That is fine by us.

Just know we are all ready to embrace you on your return.

cc: Kog45, enomakos, tbaba1234, eterisan, TheGoodJoe, Joseph1013, Safarigirl, Bascovanveli, joebie, forgiveness, confun, terzurum5, komekn, goldfish80, icon79 and all others not mentioned.
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sir SoetanOreoluwa.... I just stumbled on a post by you about 6hours ago or so..... wink

You remember when some folks thought you were me right? (Supernerd) wink you recall how they found out how wrong they were...

Yeah... well now... uhmmm... you may be thinking I am Supernerd247... well here is a shocker... I am not.

My Only NL moniker is and remains TheSupernerd.... it may be hard to believe but I truly have no alternates.

TheSupernerd is not same as Supernerd247... whoever is behind that moniker will reveal himself/herself or drop a comment in due time I think but I am definitely not him or her.

Gosh... how many more monikers will I keep being linked to huh? Y'all keep making me smile.... Sir SoetanOreoluwa... plsss take note okay. Thank you. smiley And your words from page 1 are noted. I appreciate your words. Godbless.

I was wondering too... Noted... God bless!
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
Rohr Arrives In Abuja, Storms Uyo Monday For Zambia Clash
By Bamidele Boluwaji

Super Eagles Coach Gernot Rohr arrived in Abuja on Thursday to begin preparation for the October 7 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Zambia, Completesportsnigeria.com reports
The Franco-German tactician, who returned to the country with the WAFU Cup team earlier in the week, had been in Lagos and on Thursday moved to Abuja.

A very reliable source told Completesportsnigeria.com that some of the Nigeria players will be in Abuja throughout this weekend where Rohr would also meet with officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) before he traves to Uyo on Monday where he will lead Nigeria against Zambia.

The Super Eagles camp will open in Uyo on Monday for the crucial home game.

“Coach Gernot Rohr travelled to Abuja today (Thursday) to continue his preparation for the Zambia match in Uyo,” the very reliable source close to the coach told Completesportsnigeria.com .

“He will spend this weekend in Abuja where he will also meet with some of the officials of the NFF . He will travel to Uyo on Monday for the match.”

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-arrives-abuja-storms-uyo-monday-zambia-clash/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
Nigeria Vs Zambia: WAFU Cup Star Aremu Eager To Train With Mikel, Moses
By Johnny Edward

Akwa United midfielder Hafiz Aremu is looking forward to learning and improving his game while training alongside his idol Mikel Obi, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

The Home Eagles star will join up with the Super Eagles squad next Monday in Uyo ahead of the 2018 World Cup qualifier against Zambia.

Aremu has been placed on standby by coach Gernot Rohr for the game but he will train with the team ahead of the game against the Chipolopolo of Zambia while Mikel is expected to lead the team.

The 18-year-old Aremu was one of the standout performers for the Home Eagles who finished second at the just concluded West African Football Union competition (WAFU Cup) which ended in Ghana last Sunday. Aremu was also named in the best XI for the tournament.

“I have learnt a lot over the course of the past three weeks with the national team which will benefit me when I join up with the Super Eagles camp,” Aremu told Completesportsnigeria.com.

“It was not the finish we hoped for but for me I have learnt a lot.

“I have made a few steps forward in certain areas of my game, and had a few set-backs that have helped me to learn and I believe I will be better playing alongside Mikel, Victor Moses and the rest.”

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/nigeria-vs-zambia-wafu-cup-star-aremu-eager-train-mikel-moses/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
UEL Wrap: Nwakaeme Strikes, Eze Assists, Gero Earns Penalty, Alhassan Debuts

How players of Nigerian descent fared on game week two in the Europa League on Thursday night.

As previously reported, Super Eagles hopeful Chuba Akpom was a non-playing substitute as Arsenal recorded a 4-2 win at BATE. Alex Iwobi, Aaron Eyoma and Tolaji Bola were not in the Gunners traveling party to Belarus.

At the Doosan Aréna (Plzeň), Super Eagles midfielder John Ogu put in a full shift for Hapoel Beer Sheva against Viktoria Plzeň.

Anthony Nwakaeme wrote his name on the score-sheet for the Israeli champs in the 69th minute, six minutes after coming off the bench. 3-1 to the Czech club.

Swedish Cinderella team östersunds FK have done it again, this time beating Jordan Torunarigha 's Hertha BSC 1-0 at Jämtkraft Arena.

Former Flying Eagles striker Alhaji Gero earned a penalty for his side when he was fouled by Torunarigha in the 21st minute . The two players logged ninety minutes each.

Patrick Eze started Konyaspor's tie against Vitória Guimarães at Konya Büyükşehir Belediye Stadyumu (Konya), and was credited with an assist for the opening goal scored by the Turkish club in the 24th minute.

The striker received a booking in the 61st minute then got replaced with ten minutes left on the clock, Rio Olympics star Imoh Ezekiel was on the bench for this one. 2-1 to Konyaspor.

Peter Olayinka came on in the 46th minute as Zulte-Waregem suffered a 2-0 loss to Lazio in the Italian capital.

Rosenborg won their first match in Group L, beating Vardar 3-1 at Lerkendal Stadion (Trondheim). Samuel Adegbenro worked a full shift for the Norwegian powerhouse.

On his debut in the Europa League, former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles star Alhassan Ibrahim was on the Olympiako Stadio Spyros Louis pitch for an hour as Austria Vienna were held to a 2-2 draw by AEK Athens. He was cautioned in the 15th minute.

In a cracking game at Goodison Park, Everton and Apollon played out an entertaining 2-2 draw, with Toffees winger Ademola Lookman watching proceedings from the bench for the entirety of the game.

Former Nigeria U23 international Ubong Moses Ekpai started in the right side of midfield as Zlín were thrashed 3-0 by Lokomotiv Moscow in Russia. He went the distance for the Czech First League club.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24812
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
I definitely cannot be expected to be here every single day.... In truth, I am a really Super Engaged fella.... it is expected shaa... To be MIA for a while is a given but what is sure is I will always come back and make up for it.... But mehn... been one of the most busy and Vitally fruitful periods for me of late this year... Loolll.... It is well and all is just fine smiley Back to the beautiful Game.....

Official: Okocha Voted Best Bolton Wanderers Player Of Last 20 Years

Super Eagles legend Austin Okocha has been voted the best Bolton Wanderers player from the past twenty years in a poll conducted by the official website of the Trotters.

Bolton Wanderers pulled off a transfer coup when the attacking midfielder joined the club on a free transfer after the 2002 Fifa World Cup, and he captured the hearts of not only the Bolton faithful, but football fans across the country for his silky skills.

Okocha appeared in 145 matches for Bolton and was instrumental in the club reaching the final of the 2004 League Cup after scoring two free kick goals in the first leg of the semifinal against Aston Villa.

In his second season with Bolton, the 1998 World Cup star was appointed captain of the club following the retirement of Guðni Bergsson.

Okocha was chosen ahead of Kevin Davies, World Cup winner Youri Djorkaeff, goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen and ex-Real Madrid star Ivan Campo in that order.

Nicolas Anelka, Kevin Nolan, Gudni Bergsson, Fernando Hierro and Stelios Giannakopoulos complete the top ten of the best ever Bolton Wanderers players to play at Reebok/Macron Stadium.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : bwfc.co.uk

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24820
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2017
Mikel Heads To Nigeria For Zambia Tie With MOTM Award In Tianjin Teda Big Win

Captain of the Super Eagles of Nigeria John Obi Mikel will arrive Nigeria on Sunday ahead of their October 7th World Cupar 2018 Qualifiers clash against Zambia in Uyo.

Mikel was voted the Man of The Match (MOTM) for his Chinese side Tianjin Teda in their 3-1 win over Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng, which helped them move out of the basement of the League table in the Chinese Super League.

Although he didn’t get on the score sheet, he was very lively and set up the third goal which helped his team kill off the tie after Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng have pulled a goal back.

His performance in the game led to many fans of the club attributing their poor season to his absence after injury ruled him out for three months, few games into the start of the Chinese season.

The Chinese league won’t have weekend games, this is so done to allow players called up by their national team to honour the call, and travel on time due to the miles involve in travelling from China.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/29/mikel-heads-to-nigeria-for-zambia-tie-with-motm-award-in-tianjin-teda-big-win/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
Official – Nigerian Right Back Nura Abdullahi Signs Contract Extension With Roma

Highly rated Nigerian full back Nura Abdullahi has extended his contract with Italian Serie A side Roma till the summer of 2021, the club has announced in a statement on their official website.

Nura’s current deal was set to run out in a year time, but the 20 year old who is a product of the youth team of the club, following his move from Serie B side Spezia two years ago put pen to paper on a fresh four year deal.

Although he is yet to make a single appearance for the first team no thanks to injury and fitness issues, the Football Academy Abuja graduate is widely rated as one of the best teen prospect at the club.

His contract extension was announced alongside that of three other graduates of the club academy, which brings to four the number of academy graduates who have extended their deal at the club..

Quick, strong in tackles and a good crosser of the ball, he was once upon a time on the radar of Spanish League giants Barcelona, but a minor heart defect lead to the breakdown of a possible transfer to the club.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/29/official-nigerian-right-back-nura-abdullahi-signs-contract-extension-with-roma/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
VICTOR MOSES BIGGER WORRY FOR GERNOT ROHR THAN ALEX IWOBI
by Goal team

According to Goal readers, the Nigeria coach should be more concerned about the Chelsea man’s fortunes this term

There have been reasons for concern for both Victor Moses and
Alex Iwobi so far this term, but according to Goal readers, it’s the
Chelsea man who should be giving Gernot Rohr more sleepless nights.

Moses was one of the Super Eagles’ star men during the recent international break as Nigeria took a giant step towards next summer’s World Cup after taking four points from Cameroon.

However, Antonio Conte’s decision to sign Davide Zappacosta—who scored a wondergoal on his Champions League debut against Qarabag—introduces considerable competition for Moses in the Blues squad.

Even though Moses has made five Premier League starts this season—while Zappacosta has played for just 16 minutes—56 percent of those who responded to a recent Goal poll believe that the Stamford Bridge star should be a greater concern for Rohr than Iwobi.

Certainly, after Moses was handed the reins for Chelsea in Wednesday evening’s victory at Atletico Madrid, it will be interesting to see whether he remains in the team for the visit of Manchester City in the EPL on Saturday.

By contrast to Moses—who was a league champion with the Pensioners last term—Iwobi has struggled to establish himself at Arsenal after losing his spot in Arsene Wenger’s first XI.

The non-departure of Alexis Sanchez has denied Iwobi a ready route back into the starting eleven, but the wideman’s peril appears to be of less concern to Nigeria fans, with only 44 percent revealing that Rohr should be more concerned about the Arsenal star than his Chelsea rival.

The 21-year-old has made just one league start and one further substitute appearance this term—playing a total of 91 minutes—although after starting in the Gunners’ Europa League opener against FC Cologne, it will be interesting to see whether he gets the not for Arsenal at BATE Borisov on Thursday evening.

Iwobi has also made his recall to the Nigeria squad after missing the double-header against Cameroon, and will be in contention to displace Moses Simon when the Super Eagles meet Zambia in Uyo on October 7.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/victor-moses-bigger-worry-for-gernot-rohr-than-alex/9oq7aywbuesl1fnjy56arq78u
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

**Ade Emmanuel

controversial referee
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32pm On Sep 29, 2017
Arsene Wenger Provides Update On Fitness Of Alex Iwobi

Arsene Wenger had provided a positive update on the fitness of Alex Iwobi ahead of his side's Premier League clash with Brighton & Hove at the Emirates on Sunday, October 1.

The Super Eagles star has been omitted from Arsenal's last two match day squads, against West Brom and BATE Borisov, due to injury, but the Frenchman has refused to rule him out of contention to face the Seagulls.

''Mesut Ozil will not be available for Sunday.He is not far, but he is not enough for Sunday,'' Wenger told arsenal.com.

''Alex Iwobi might be available for Sunday, of course Coquelin and Welbeck are not available. ''

Iwobi has been included in the Super Eagles latest squad for their important World Cup qualifier against Zambia at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium next Saturday.

The Hale End Academy product made a huge impact during the match day one fixture at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium, scoring Nigeria's first goal in the 2-1 success over the Copper Bullets.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24823
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
Opponents Watch

Spartak, Arsenal Tula, Red Bull Stars Named To Zambia 23-Man Roster Vs Nigeria

Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda has called up 23 players for a critical World Cup qualifier against Nigeria next Saturday, October 7 in Uyo, with eleven foreign-based professionals making the cut.

The in-form Spartak Moscow striker Fashion Sakala has been recalled to the Copper Bullets after serving a one-game suspension on match day four against Algeria.

Other foreign-based professionals invited include Mamelodi Sundowns goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene, highly-rated Arsenal Tula defender Stoppilla Sunzu, and striker Patson Daka of Red Bull Salzburg.

One of the stars of the 2017 Africa U20 Cup of Nations, Djurgårdens midfielder Edward Chilufya, has been included in the Zambian senior squad for the first time.

In preparation for the World Cup qualifier against the Super Eagles, the Zambian national team will hold a get-together in Accra, Ghana for three days before flying to Uyo next Wednesday.

Zambia Roster

Goalkeepers (3) : Kennedy Mweene (Mamelodi Sundowns-RSA), Toaster Nsabata (Zanaco), Allan Chibwe (Power Dynamos)

Defenders (6) : Simon Silwimba, Fackson Kapumbu (both Zesco United), Adrian Chama (Green Buffaloes), Stoppilla Sunzu (Arsenal Tula -Russia), Ziyo Tembo (Zanaco), Isaac Shamujompa (Power Dynamos)

Midfielders (10) : Chisamba Lungu (Allanyespor-Turkey), Edward Chilufya (Djurgårdens-Sweden), Donashano Malama (Nkana), Kondwani Mtonga, Misheck Chaila (both Zesco United), Augustine Mulenga (Zanaco), Enock Mwepu (FC Liefering), Emmanuel Banda (K.V Oostende), Roderick Kabwe (Cape Town Ajax), Ernest Mbewe (Zanaco)

Strikers (4) : Justin Shonga (Orlando Pirates), Fashion Sakala (Spartak Moscow), Brian Mwila (Platinum Stars), Patson Daka (Red Bull Salzburg-Austria)

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24816
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nigerian Players P-Index

Junior Pius (Tondela): Junior lasted only 19mins as he was redcarded in his side's 1-1 draw with Chaves in the Portuguese Primeria Liga NOS.

He had a passing Accuracy of 72% before his early dismissal and got a match rating of 4.92 from WhoScored. Sad day for Junior.

Lad will bounce back I hope.
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nigerian Players P-Index

Olanrewaju "Larry" Kayode (Girona): The Man City loaned at Girona came in as a sub in the 68th min as his side played out a 3-all draw with hosts, Celta Vigo in a LA Liga fixture.

Larry Kayode got a passing accuracy of 28% for the 22mins + he logged on the pitch and finished with a WhoScored Match Rating of 6.11.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply)

5 Records Cristiano Ronaldo Broke After Champions League Final / Oluremi Tinubu Receives D'Tigress (Pictures). / Kwara United Unveil Ribeiro Alves Lucas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.