Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,554 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ (40074 Views)

Which Senegal Team Is The Golden Generation 2002 WC Team Or 2021 AFCON Team? / The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze / Russia 2018 – Hazard Takes Swipe At England’s Golden Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:58am On Sep 27, 2017
Okay now, NFF plssss if this is true... you guys should plsss let Rohr be. We got a very vital WCQs game coming up and you guys are doing power plays? undecided Come on! Get back in line you all!

Gernot Rohr ‘On Collision Course’ With NFF Technical Committee Over Latest Eagles List

The recently released Super Eagles list for the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers clash against Zambia in Uyo has somehow opened a rift between the Technical Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and the coach Gernot Rohr.

Rohr in a meeting after the Super Eagles 0-2 loss to South Africa in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers was told to always submit his list to the committee for vetting before making it public , but the coach didn’t follow their orders before releasing his recent list.

Nigeria need a win against Zambia in their next World Cup 2018 Qualifiers to progress to the showpiece that will be taking place in Russia, and Rohr stuck to same players that prosecuted the games against Cameroon.

” Nobody from the Technical Committee saw the list before it was made public. Rohr didn’t submit it for vetting as agreed during our last meeting, that alone is enough for him to be issued a query”, a member of the committee told Owngoalnigeria.com.

The Technical Committee of the NFF is made up of former players and coaches of the Nigeria national team with NFF board member Chris Green as chairman.

**Ade Emmanuel.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/gernot-rohr-on-collision-course-with-nff-technical-committee-over-latest-eagles-list/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
I did say I will be keeping tabs from time to time on this lad.... Obinna Nwobodo... remember the name. One of Nigeria's shining lights from the AYC 2015- Caf U-20 Afcon and Best Midfielder in the Nigerian League for the 2016 season when Rangers won the league. smiley

Super-Sub Obinna Nwobodo Shows Class To Power Ujpest To Victory In Cup Game

Former Enugu Rangers forward Obinna Nwobodo inspired his Hungarian side Ujpest to a 4-2 win away at Mezokovesd-Zsory in a cup game decided two days ago.

Nwobodo was introduced as a substitute in the tie with his team struggling to see off their host comfortably, and immediately showed his class in the tie.

The summer signing from Enugu Rangers has played his way into the starting line up of the team, although he has been played mostly from the right wing as opposed to his favourite role behind the striker.

However in the game against Mezokovesd-Zsory, the former junior international was played in his main role behind the striker, and his impact helped his team dispatched their opponent with ease.

The 20 year old created two goals for his side to put the game beyond the reach of their host. A result which sealed their passage to the next round of the cup in Hungary.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/super-sub-obinna-nwobodo-shows-class-to-power-ujpest-to-victory-in-cup-game/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
New Super Eagles Invitee : Why Eddy Onazi Is My Role Model

Akwa United star Afeez Aremu will definitely train with the Super Eagles when they begin preparations for their World Cup qualifier against Zambia next Monday, despite being named on the standby list.
The teenage midfielder has been rewarded with a maiden call-up to the national team thanks to his outstanding display at the recently concluded WAFU Cup of Nations, where he was named to the Team of the Tournament.

''This is a great opportunity for me to train with the main Super Eagles, at least I am going to learn something from each and everyone of them,'' said Aremu to allnigeriasoccer.com .

''I am very good marker without the ball, I can also shoot on target from far, both left and right, As a defensive midfielder I can make long and short passes.''

Asked for his role model in the Super Eagles, Aremu replied :

''Ogenyi Onazi is my role model in the main Super Eagles.

''I chose him because our playing pattern is almost the same on the field of play and he is also a very humble person''.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel.

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24788
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
Man City New No. 72, Who Wants To Play For Super Eagles, Makes UYL Debut

The highly-rated midfielder Tom Dele-Bashiru made his debut for Manchester City in the UEFA Youth League as they beat Ukrainian outfit Shakhtar Donetsk 3-1 at the Academy Stadium on Tuesday.

Dele-Bashiru, who inherited Kelechi Iheanacho's number 72 jersey at the Citizens following the striker's transfer to Leicester City, was in action for ninety minutes before he was replaced by Diallo.

Though the youngster did not register his name on the score-sheet, he showed flashes of brilliance and had an effort on goal in the 67th minute.

Manchester City scored twice in the second half through Phillip Foden and Taylor Richards, while Yakymets halved the deficit for the Ukrainians on 53 minutes.

Dele-Bashiru has been capped by England at U16 level, but has refused to rule out playing for the Super Eagles in the near future.

Tosin Adarabioyo made 19 appearances for Manchester City in the UEFA Youth League before he became ineligible for the competition.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : mancity.com

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24789
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
Blackburn, Shrewsbury & Northampton Town Run The Rule Over Ajiboye

Several scouts were in attendance for the Premier League 2 encounter between Aston Villa and Brighton & Hove at Villa Park on Monday night, according to reports.

Birmingham Mail says Blackburn Rovers, Shrewsbury Town and Northampton Town all sent someone to watch the top talents on both teams, and there were at least nine other clubs interested in the fixture.

Nigerian winger David Ajiboye replaced Bjørdal in the 73rd minute for his fifth appearance in the Premier League 2 this season.

The 18-year-old, who has been likened to former Super Eagles star Finidi George, joined Brighton & Hove in 2015 after turning out for the youth team of Tottenham Hotspur.

He spent a portion of last season on loan at Isthmian League Premier Division club Worthing FC .

Born in England, David Ajiboye is eligible to represent the national teams of England, Nigeria and Jamaica.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24787
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
Abdullahi: I’m Honoured To Be Invited For Nigeria-Zambia Clash
By James Agberebi

Anorthosis defender, Shehu Abdullahi, has described his invitation to the Super Eagles for the crucial 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Zambia on October 7 in Uyo as an honour, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.Abdullahi is one of the 23 players Gernot Rohr ilisted for the match as published by the NFF on Tuesday.

Abdullahi was in the Super Eagles team that faced Cameroon in the World Cup qualifiers double-header on September 1st and 4th.

Looking ahead to the big clash, Abdullahi called on Nigerian football fans to give their full support in order for victory to be achieved.

“Zambia game next up, I’m honoured to be invited. Let’s win together next month. We need your support. Soar Super Eagles,” Abdullahi tweeted in his Twitter handle on Wednesday.
The Eagles’ top Group B on 10 points, while Zambia are second on seven points.

Cameroon and Algeria who have already been eliminated from the qualifiers are third and fourth on three and one points respectively.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/abdullahi-im-honoured-invited-nigeria-zambia-clash/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nigeria vs Zambia: Mikel Agu To Hit Super Eagles Camp On Sunday
By Kayode Ogundare

Super Eagles and Bursaspor of Turkey midfield star Mikel Ndubuisi Agu has declared his readiness for the crucial 2018 World Cup qualifying clash against the Chipolopolo of Zambia on October 7 in Uyo following his inclusion in the team and will be joining the national team camp on Sunday, October 1st,2017.

“I was out in training when somebody sent the list to me and it’s always fulfilling to know you are a part of something as momentous as trying to help your country qualify for the World Cup. It is a priviledge and I will be ready for the challenge. We have a league match away at Kayserispor on Saturday and by Sunday I will be on my way to Nigeria,” Agu told completesportsnigeria.com exclusively from his Turkey base on Tuesday night.

Agu was in action in the double-header against Cameroon’s Indomitable Lions when he came on as a substitute for name-sake and captain Mikel John Obi and he looks forward to joining up with his national teammates again in what could be the final push to the World Cup.

“It’s always exciting to meet up with the lads. We share jokes and banters and catch up on old times, don’t forget most of these guys have played together at one junior level or another.

Of course it’s also a good time for the fans too because they are happy that the team is doing well. We want to continue to put smiles on their faces and, by God’s grace, at the end of the Zambia game we shall have cause to celebrate,” he said.

The 24-year old midfielder, on loan at Bursaspor from parent club FC Porto of Portugal, has been in fine form for the modest Turkish side who have been impressive since the start of the six-week old season.

He said: “I think our form is down to two things. We have a young team ready to learn and a very good coach willing to experiment. On a personal note, I believe it is the hand of God.

Many of them may not believe this because faith differs but I know it is God at work for me and the team.”

Agu made his debut in a 3-0 friendly win over Togo in France last June, playing for 83 minutes before going off for Shehu Abdulahi and has become a fixture in the senior national team since then.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/nigeria-vs-zambia-mikel-agu-to-hit-super-eagles-camp-on-sunday/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
Opponents Watch

Orlando Pirates Confirm Signing Of Zambia Forward Shonga

Zambia forward Justin Shonga has joined South African giants Orlando Pirates, the club announced on Wednesday.

Shonga, 20, was involved in the Chipolopolo’s recent World Cup qualifying victories against Algeria which dragged Zambia back into reckoning for a place at the 2018 World Cup in Group B, which Nigeria lead.

“Orlando Pirates is delighted to announce the signing of Justin Shonga,” the Absa Premiership side stated on their official website on Wednesday.

“I am happy to be here,” Shonga told the Orlando Pirates website.

“This is the right move for my career and my ambitions. I would like to emulate other Zambian players who have done well at the Club such as Perry Mutapa and Isaac Chansa.”

The Zambian international is expected to join up with his new teammates on Wednesday.

Shonga, who joined from Zambian club Nkwazi FC, caught the attention of Pirates when he scored three goals over two legs in African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers for Zambia against South Africa in August.
Zambia won the tie 4-2 on aggregate.

He is expected to feature in the World Cup qualifier against the Super Eagles in Uyo on 7 October.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/orlando-pirates-signs-zambia-forward-shonga/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
CAF Celebrates Uche Okechukwu At 50

The Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) has sent birthday wish to former Nigeria international Uche Okechukwu who clocked 50 on Wednesday, Completesportsnigeria.com reports
CAF tweeted their birthday wish on their verified Twitter handle on Tuesday.

“Happy birthday to 94′ AFCON winner, 96′ Olympic gold medalist & Nigerian legend Uche Okechukwu,” CAF tweeted on their Twitter handle.

Born in 1967, he represented Nigeria at three Africa Cup of Nations (1990, 1992, 1994).

Okechukwu was also a member of the Super Eagles team that featured at the USA ’94 and France ’98 FIFA World Cups.
He was also in the Nigeria’s Olympic football team that won gold at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games in the USA.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/caf-celebrates-uche-okechukwu-50/
The gentle giant and formidable defender. One of the gems Westerhoff unearthed. His partnerships with Tarino at Atlanta and Nwanu at the world cup were formidable.
If I remember currently, he moved from Iwuanyanwa them to the Eagles and straight to Brondby on Denmark. Infact I am not sure if he was really part of the main Iwuayanwa team before Westerhoff picked him up for Algiers 90 at the challenge cup when the foreign based pros of that era refused to show up for the Algiers 90 nations cup. The likes of Eguavoen, Keshi, Shofoluwe, Eboigbe etc.
Happy birthday indeed Gentle Giant.

1 Like

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by libero808(f): 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
I hope he will not merely be used as a training material
TheSuperNerd:
New Super Eagles Invitee : Why Eddy Onazi Is My Role Model

Akwa United star Afeez Aremu will definitely train with the Super Eagles when they begin preparations for their World Cup qualifier against Zambia next Monday, despite being named on the standby list.
The teenage midfielder has been rewarded with a maiden call-up to the national team thanks to his outstanding display at the recently concluded WAFU Cup of Nations, where he was named to the Team of the Tournament.

''This is a great opportunity for me to train with the main Super Eagles, at least I am going to learn something from each and everyone of them,'' said Aremu to allnigeriasoccer.com .

''I am very good marker without the ball, I can also shoot on target from far, both left and right, As a defensive midfielder I can make long and short passes.''

Asked for his role model in the Super Eagles, Aremu replied :

''Ogenyi Onazi is my role model in the main Super Eagles.

''I chose him because our playing pattern is almost the same on the field of play and he is also a very humble person''.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel.

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24788
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by libero808(f): 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
wink
@the bolded, like there is something to vet again in the list.
Rohr said it long that he will be using the same players VS Cameroon, for Zambia.
TheSuperNerd:
Okay now, NFF plssss if this is true... you guys should plsss let Rohr be. We got a very vital WCQs game coming up and you guys are doing power plays? undecided Come on! Get back in line you all!

Gernot Rohr ‘On Collision Course’ With NFF Technical Committee Over Latest Eagles List

The recently released Super Eagles list for the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers clash against Zambia in Uyo has somehow opened a rift between the Technical Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and the coach Gernot Rohr.

Rohr in a meeting after the Super Eagles 0-2 loss to South Africa in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers was told to always submit his list to the committee for vetting before making it public , but the coach didn’t follow their orders before releasing his recent list.

Nigeria need a win against Zambia in their next World Cup 2018 Qualifiers to progress to the showpiece that will be taking place in Russia, and Rohr stuck to same players that prosecuted the games against Cameroon.

” Nobody from the Technical Committee saw the list before it was made public. Rohr didn’t submit it for vetting as agreed during our last meeting, that alone is enough for him to be issued a query”, a member of the committee told Owngoalnigeria.com.

The Technical Committee of the NFF is made up of former players and coaches of the Nigeria national team with NFF board member Chris Green as chairman.

**Ade Emmanuel.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/gernot-rohr-on-collision-course-with-nff-technical-committee-over-latest-eagles-list/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by libero808(f): 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
Misleading caption

TheSuperNerd:
Man City New No. 72, Who Wants To Play For Super Eagles, Makes UYL Debut

The highly-rated midfielder Tom Dele-Bashiru made his debut for Manchester City in the UEFA Youth League as they beat Ukrainian outfit Shakhtar Donetsk 3-1 at the Academy Stadium on Tuesday.

Dele-Bashiru, who inherited Kelechi Iheanacho's number 72 jersey at the Citizens following the striker's transfer to Leicester City, was in action for ninety minutes before he was replaced by Diallo.

Though the youngster did not register his name on the score-sheet, he showed flashes of brilliance and had an effort on goal in the 67th minute.

Manchester City scored twice in the second half through Phillip Foden and Taylor Richards, while Yakymets halved the deficit for the Ukrainians on 53 minutes.

Dele-Bashiru has been capped by England at U16 level, but has refused to rule out playing for the Super Eagles in the near future.

Tosin Adarabioyo made 19 appearances for Manchester City in the UEFA Youth League before he became ineligible for the competition.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : mancity.com

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24789
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by joxxy01(m): 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2017
I still feel Rohr should make 1 or 2 changes to the team that started against cameroun...Etebo should start.

1 Like

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by FAMILY247(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
And if Etebo start who should he bench
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by elyte89: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
[quote author=FAMILY247 post=60885905]And if Etebo start who should he bench[/quote
He would bench ODEGBAMI
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by elyte89: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
Let peeps start predicting their final 23 man list going to d world cup
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2017
Look guys.... from Taliban, Maidaboi, Elyte89, Family247, PurpleHouse, SoetanOreoluwa, et al.

I appreciate the comments and all.... but fact is.... I understand the reluctance aiit..... and believe me I am not looking for comments or major discussions.... I created this as another angle into Nigeria's football future. This is for the audience who will most likely never join NL or even comment on NL... this is for the audience out there within and outside NL who just wants a place where they can come and read news and happenings about Our Beloved Football Evolution.
I am NOT Looking at disrupting the flow of The most Beautiful and Best Sports thread ON NL.

I have already told you all in a disclaimer on page Zero and in a reply to Sir Maidaboi on page 1...... THIS IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE THE NEW SUPER EAGLES THREAD. THIS IS LIKE AN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF INFO AND RECORDS AS REGARDS THIS "Possibly New" GOLDEN GENERATION'S RISE..... THIS WILL NEVER BE HOME OF The Super Eagles, because Home is Sir Terzurum5's thread.... Guys (and lady) come on... you know how things roll with us all... We move from thread to thread as a family (even before I showed up... Since 2015 I have seen more than four threads with "The family"wink.

We migrate like birds.... (and we are birds... we are Eagles.. each of us... some older and wiser like Chief Icon4s, some young and passionate like Safarigirl and me, Some highly intellectual in analysis when it comes to the beautiful game like Sir TheGoodJoe, Some very hilarious in analyses sometimes like Sir Forgiveness.. lol wink , Some full of info on first hand scouting and happenings within the dynamics of the beautiful game like Sir Komekn whose views on some of our young players I still don't share homage with but respect all the same for his all-round contributions, some all-supervisory and pioneering like Sir Joseph1013, Sir Terzurum5 and Orkpekyandega and then some more).... we migrate like birds with our unique features and each of us brings a different flavor.... each of we Eagles.... both those I mentioned and those I didn't mention...

I understand that a thread like Sir Terzurum5's is home not because of just the news info shared but because of the many people who come there to interact... the soul of a thread like that lies not in information sharing per se... instead it lies in the analyses and communications we all share as people, as fans, as analysts, as pessimists, as Optimists, as Enthusiasts, as men and as women... Now that and the family bond I feel when in such a midst is what gives me joy to always share and keep that thread going.... I see that thread as what I have always seen it as.... "Family" And that familyhood is what my personal project of a thread will never have... because this not home... this is just like a spin-off of something I am passionate about... something I wanna create to complement what goes on there in "Home".

Please... you should all stick to home. Home is Sir Terzurum5's thread... the dawn of a new era thread. I was one of the few who gave that thread its name and I already have names lined up for the next threads that will follow after Russia 2018 and Afcon 2019. Believe me I still believe in that thread. But I guess I just had to leave for a while....

When I walked into my first thread home on NL opened by the amiable and super brilliant Joseph1013, I mentioned that it was three people who brought me there... TheGoodJoe, Joseph1013, And Safarigirl.

Safarigirl was always in the middle of banters and war of words with guys.... guys who all had different reasons for having a go at her. I recall I will always speak up for her because I knew what I saw in between the lines of her comments on NL sports... I always and will always defend her because even though she was perceived as rude and uncouth by several guys, I was having none of that and told them to shut it and leave the lady alone and I will always tell Safarigirl that I understand that she will always sometimes get riled up but that she was way better than using harsh terms on guys or people who cross her. I was doing all these and being diplomatic about it all.... Even she can bear me witness... there is no day I called her Rude to her face even in the face of obvious evidence... The way I see Friendship is never to bring down a person's heart. Wisdom suggests that we find another way to caution our friends without sounding like one who wanna bring them down... This is why I never called her rude or uncouth or dirty mouthed as people called her... I always told her she had a finger of Gold and lips of Beautiful treasures and a brain that can spark so much positive lightening if only she can focus more on those than on what people say she is. I wanted Safarigirl to know that she is not what people say she is but what she really believes she is... and so far I can say that it has worked to an extent... Even Sir Joseph1013 once commented when she sounded like we all were against her one time on the U-23 thread, that It was always TheSupernerd who got her back no matter what.... I never used Rude, or harsh terms to correct Safari... never. because I knew better... Friendship is about honesty but also about watching out for each other's feelings....

This message goes to Safarigirl.... Do you remember the time during the Sports and Education debate with Chief Icon4s, Safarigirl and TheGoodJoe in one corner and BascoVanVeli and me in the other corner..... ?

Do you recall how you insulted me and told me I knew nothing and should take a seat....? lol

Do you recall how I refrained myself from reacting badly and just laughed it off? I have always had your back even when you lose it sometimes and even had a go at me ONCE with words... I didn't insult you. I never would... I just laughed it off. From the moment I met you... I knew what I had to accomplish... and believe me that is the testimony I hang on to. I learnt to communicate my correction to you without giving in to the way people wanted me to correct you.

Your haters wanted me to have a go at you by labelling you rude, Uncouth, uncultured and more... but I knew better. I found another way... and it was because I was looking at helping to build a lady that will understand how she should see herself. I have never insulted you here... never. And even your conscience knows this truth.

When Crismario told you to call me rude and say that is you saying "the truth" to a friend.... you didn't know that it was a trap. You fell for it. Why didn't you tell him to also tell off his friend Rico...? why didn't you tell him to also tell his friend how Rude, foul mouthed and bitchy his Rants about my mother was... why didn't you do that? But because you wanted to show your honesty as a friend and make them see you as a good friend indeed.... you went on and called me rude in very blatant terms too.... lol.

This was why I said what I said... From that moment, your words of advice became words of Nothing... because I never took that same route with you when people came for your head.

One of the things my parents taught me was to never bow to the pressure of outsiders to label my family and friends by names or terms they want me to. They suggesting names I should call my buddies only mean that I have a duty to find a better and friendlier way to communicate so that I don't end up throwing stones at my friends or family just the same way the outsiders will do.

This is why till date... I never ever took the route of labelling you in harsh terms when correcting your ways with people. And guess what? It always yielded better results because you knew you had a friend in me. A friend who won't bow to what others want me to call you.... but who still found a wise way for telling you truth. And yet I don't think you rude... I only see your harsh words to people as a reactionary mechanism to shut out some voices. I have seen the best of you, Safarigirl and I can safely say you are not rude.. smiley Others may think otherwise... but I know far better. I know you. wink

I stumbled on Nextlevel2222's post and I must say I am shocked that someone still remembers how our friendship began. And you misunderstood Nextlevel222... believe me, I don't even know who Nextlevel222 is... never interacted with her (didn't even know the moniker was female). I think she only wanted you to recall that I was always there by your side even when hell let loose on threads in attack of Safarigirl's manner of approach... Bottomline... you know yourself... correcting a friend is not to please others. It is done to build.... honesty is to be handled wisely. I am not a rude person... and I will never be. What happened just happened and I have no cause for regret. because I jabbed only because I was jabbed first... and when my comments were being trolled, I didn't find it funny.

So you calling me such because someone says you should to prove how good a friend you are.... and to a guy who will never do such to you even when faced with same temptation... hmmm.... you really missed it Safarigirl. You really really did. That was why I didn't give a hoot... wink (Believe me I am actually laughing right now.... but it is well) smiley

Chief Icon4s.... I saw your mention... and I know of the attempts to reconcile. Believe me you have no need for that. I love you guys... I really do. I contributed to some of the names you guys have thrown or still throw around the thread like "O pari master", "Pa Ali", "Chief Icon4s" wink , Archguardian, GoodJoe's plank, and more.... Recall that I gave that thread its name along with Sir Terzurum5 himself... I recall it was Sir AIG07 who even suggested that I be giving the honor of naming the thread and more... and I already have names for the post-afcon 2019 era too.

If the majority wants me back... then I have no choice but to return... but I am sorry it cannot be now and I also won't abandon this personal project of mine (I think it can be a good complement to The thread I call Home on NL).

Let this phase pass. And listen up Chief Sir... No one moniker is bigger than a thread like that.... Not Supernerd or whatever.... that thread is special and very dear to my heart. I will be back because I can see I am still welcome there by the majority (many of which are Ghostmode readers) but it cannot be right now. Besides, that thread was always gonna survive without Nerdie (Sir Icon79's coinage if my moniker... just love that name... lol... I miss that guy). You guys and threads were always beautiful before I arrived... so Let no one think that thread is gonna die. Even me won't let that happen... wink (Come on Chief Icon4s... or should I say "Dad"... you should know me better than that..)

Chief Icon4s... we have had our own battles and misunderstandings which also saw the birth of "He is Not there yet" cheesy

But overtime I have come to warm up to you in a father-son relationship... I see you as the thread's wisest force... I respect you a lot. Honestly I do... so no need for the reconciliation... I am not at war with the thread. I just left because I felt things were beginning to get out of hand and that no matter how crazy disagreements became.... one's mother or father was never (to be) brought into the bargain.
I remember when someone tried to stylishly bring in Safarigirl's mom on our thread.... I didn't allow it happen... I stopped it right in its tracks... no insult was given but the mere mention of her mother made me to step in immediately to avert a potential catastrophe (which was not even being noticed by many). And thankfully the gentleman stepped back on the mother mention and found another route to engage....

My main disgust was not in how my mom was insulted... we will always have people who lack cultured discipline attack our parents. It is a given depending on circumstances.

But what irks me was in how nobody... and I mean nobody on the thread I call Family EXCEPT when Safarigirl spoke up... nobody at all shut down that comment. Nobody told that comment off. Only Safarigirl tried to do the best she could.

Even Chrismario was in support of his Friend. Even Mickael2 and a few others dropped very funny comments like "Next time, don't engage if you don't wanna be hit below the belt"... Now is that condemning a silly act or just being bitchy and blind to the crux of the matter....?
So because a guy finally had the guts to insult the mum of someone you don't reckon with or agree with in discussions... You then start blabbing nonsense about "being hit below the belt".

Do anyone think I could not bring in his mother too.... lol... what are you all thinking sef... makes me laugh. Did you not for once consider that I could choose to get my hands dirty and finish off his whole family... you think I don't know how to? You think I don't know how to swing that sword? cheesy Look... think of it as Superman's way of engagement... He doesn't kill the human enemies... and he won't. That is me... I won't go below the belt... lol... I won't bring in someone's mama... it is a choice and that is part of the difference between me and them.... *Period*

Never knew that is how low Mickael2 can go... but I am a psychological mind also. An analyst of human behaviors. On good authority I can tell you that I understand his problem. smiley wink

Anyone who sees nothing wrong with another person's mother being insulted in the manner it was done and uses the "don't engage if you don't wanna get hit below the belt" on our beautiful thread is someone who represents a kind of Hypocrisy and foolishness that I personally associate with "new doom of behavior".

And hey....Sir BigBlangston... You recall the low-life jabs but you left out the things you said that led to that huh? Be fair and spell it all out... You said you hate me... and that I am a fake... and that I am also Maastricht... remember now? This is why I was a little surprised when you did two things...

1. - In my disagreements with Forgiveness one time... you stepped in and didn't address me. You only addressed Forgiveness. When a moniker confronted you about not making it one-sided.... you wisely said, " I addressed Forgiveness because The other person (TheSupernerd) has since stopped and walked away, but Forgivessness persisted...."

I was surprised. I was like... "wait a minute.. what was that? This guy said he hates me... lol"

Then to confirm my thoughts... the next thing happened...

2. - You quoted my analysis om the team on time after that issue and episode and said something like, "A very detailed and well analysed thought... kudos..." and at another time..you quoted me saying "You will love more of my posting Articles from Colin udoh and the Kwese ESPN sports team"

Believe me... I was wondering why you gave me kudos the first time long after your last mention of me was a hatred message. I only responded with a few words and said... "Why, thank you... but I didn't expect this from you". (Don't know if anyone saw that).

But it is cool... and I also know almost everyone's profession and affiliation... I know that of Sir Joseph1013... Chief Icon4s... Sir Goldfish80 (who I even made the mention of him never ever putting down his professional title as "ordinary"... I know he wanted to sound humble... but I let him know that humility is never talking down on yourself on making yourself seem less... it is rather talking less about yourself).... I also know that of Safarigirl ofcos... and I also know who Komekn is... I have just kept mute about it and acted like a novice.

I also know that of Icon79 and Do4luv14... don't ask me how... words contain messages. wink

And some others also I know... but the Bottomline is...

I see you all as Family online.... I always have and always will. I even call us the best gathering of Nigeria's finest and brainiest in sports analysis and more extending into what we all do offline... so how is it possible that I look down on you all?

The inferiority and Superiority complex talks is really uncalled for... How can I call you guys family and also call our gathering and house the best and finest anywhere online across Nigeria and the "diasporan" clouds...?

About my profession and studies... I recall that I have been asked more times than many about my work and my studies... to which I must try give an answer that does not reveal all but also shows the person that I am not snobbish to his questions.

Sir Tbaba1234 have asked me on two occasions about my studies and whether I was around in Baltimore. I was never gonna reveal that online now was I? But I gave him an answer nonetheless...

Sir Mikron, and also one of the old timers who no longer comments with us (Sir Kenny "something"... can't recall now...) also always ask me about my work and studies... I had to tell them something and as briefly honestly as I could... you see that as ostentatious? Well... that shows the problem is not me but you all who think yourself inferior or think I am trying to make myself bigger than anyone else.

It is really just lame. I couldn't have told Goldfish80 what I told him when he called himself as regards his profession (albeit with humility tones) "ordinary" if truly I was all for superiority complex. Lol

I believe in not looking down on oneself... I believe in telling yourself that you are the best. I believe in the attitude of "I know what I am made of and I will fly to any heights".

This is me. That is why my signature have never ever changed for one day and it never will... I know who I am and I am proud to speak like that and like it. So if anyone got a problem with how much confidence I show in myself... or how much belief I have in my God-given abilities... from all angles of life... then the problem is not from me. It is from you... from the person who misunderstands me.

Apologies for the Epistle.... I think I just had to set more records straight... wink Ofcos I can't set it all straight... There will always be views and perceptions that will keep flying and I cannot address them all.... But what matters is what I think of me and not what anyone thinks. Family knows their own too... that is another that truly matters

On a sidenote....

@Libero808... uhmmm... what are you doing here Miss? You do realise what happened right? You know I have a funny feeling about who you might be but then at other times... I just say, "well... let's carry on... lol" Don't blame me though... Sir Terzurum's thread is home and I came to understand and see a lot of entrances... wink
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by libero808(f): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
Sir you are now questioning me why am here? okay noted. Think whatever you want to think about me

TheSuperNerd:
Look guys.... from Taliban, Maidaboi, Elyte89, Family247, PurpleHouse, SoetanOreoluwa, et al.

I appreciate the comments and all.... but fact is.... Imotherand understand the reluctance aiit..... and believe me I am not looking for comments or major discussions.... I am NOT Looking at disrupting the flow of The most Beautiful and Best Sports thread ON NL.

I have already told you all in a disclaimer on page Zero and in a reply to Sir Maidaboi on page 1...... THIS IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE THE NEW SUPER EAGLES THREAD. THIS IS LIKE AN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF INFO AND RECORDS AS REGARDS THIS "Possibly New" GOLDEN GENERATION'S RISE..... THIS WILL NEVER BE HOME OF The Super Eagles, because Home is Sir Terzurum5's thread.... Guys (and lady) come on... you know how things roll with us all... We move from thread to thread as a family (even before I showed up... Since 2015 I have seen more than four threads with "The family"wink.

We migrate like birds.... (and we are birds... we are Eagles.. each of us... some older and wiser like Chief Icon4s, some young and passionate like Safarigirl and me, Some highly intellectual in analysis when it comes to the beautiful game like Sir TheGoodJoe, Some very hilarious in analyses sometimes like Sir Forgiveness.. lol wink , Some full of info on first hand scouting and happenings within the dynamics of the beautiful game like Sir Komekn whose views on some of our young players I still don't share homage with but respect all the same for his all-round contributions, some all-supervisory and pioneering like Sir Joseph1013, Sir Terzurum5 and Orpekyandega and then some more).... we migrate like birds with our unique features and each of us brings a different flavor.... each of we Eagles.... both those I mentioned and those I didn't mention...

I understand that a thread like Sir Terzurum5's is home not because of just the news info shared but because of the many people who come there to interact... the soul of a thread like that lies not in information sharing per se... instead it lies in the analyses and communications we all share as people, as fans, as analysts, as pessimists, as Optimists, as Enthusiasts, as men and as women... Now that and the family bond I feel when in such a midst is what gives me joy to always share and keep that thread going.... I see that thread as what I have always seen it as.... "Family" And that familyhood is what my personal project of a thread will never have... because this not home... this is just like a spin-off of something I am passionate about... something I wanna create to complement what goes on there in "Home".

Please... you should all stick to home. Home is Sir Terzurum5's thread... the dawn of a new era thread. I was one of the few who gave that thread its name and I already have names lined up for the next threads that will follow after Russia 2018 and Afcon 2019. Believe me I still believe in that thread. But I guess I just had to leave for a while....

When I walked into my thread home on NL opened by the amiable and super brilliant Joseph1013, I mentioned that it was three people who brought me there... TheGoodJoe, Joseph1013, And Safarigirl.

Safarigirl was always in the middle of banters and war of words with guys.... guys who all had different reasons for having a go at her. I recall I will always speak up for her because I knew what I saw in between the lines of her comments on NL sports... I always and will always defend her because even though she was perceived as rude and uncouth by several guys, I was having none of that and told them to shut it and leave the lady alone and I will always tell Safarigirl that I understand that she will always sometimes get riled up but that she was way better than using harsh terms on guys or people who cross her. I was doing all these and being diplomatic about it all.... Even she can bear me witness... there is no day I called her Rude to her face even in the face of obvious evidence... The way I see Friendship is never to bring down a person's heart. Wisdom suggests that we find another way to caution our friends without sounding like one who wanna bring them down... This is why I never called her rude or uncouth or dirty mouthed as people called her... I always told her she had a finger of Gold and lips of Beautiful treasures and a brain that can spark so much positive lightening if only she can focus more on those than on what people say she is. I wanted Safarigirl to know that she is not what people say she is but what she really believes she is... and so far I can say that it has worked to an extent... Even Sir Joseph1013 once commented when she sounded like we all were against her one time on the U-23 thread, that It was always TheSupernerd who got her back no matter what.... I never used Rude, or harsh terms to correct Safari... never. because I knew better... Friendship is about honesty but also about watching put for each other's feelings..

This message goes to Safarigirl.... Do you remember the time during the Sports and Education debate with Chief Icon4s, Safarigirl and TheGoodJoe in one corner and BascoVanVeli and me in the other corner..... ?

Do you recall how you insulted me and told me I knew nothing and should take a seat....? lol

Do you recall how I refrained myself from reacting badly and just laughed it off? I have always had your back even when you lose it sometimes and even had a go at me ONCE with words... I didn't insult you. I never would... I just laughed it off. From the moment I met you... I knew what I had to accomplish... and believe me that is the testimony I hang on to. I learnt to communicate my correction to you without giving in to the way people wanted me to correct you.

Your haters wanted me to have a go at you by labelling you rude, Uncouth, uncultured and more... but I knew better. I found another way... and it was because I was looking at helping to build a lady that will understand how she should see herself. I have never insulted you here... never. And even your conscience knows this truth.

When Crismario told you to call me rude and say that is you saying "the truth" to a friend.... you didn't know that it was a trap. You fell for it. Why didn't you tell him to also tell off his friend Rico...? why didn't you tell him to also tell his friend how Rude, foul mouthed and bitchy his Rants about my mother was... why didn't you do that? But because you wanted to show your honesty as a friend and make them see you as a good friend indeed.... you went on and called me rude in very blatant terms too.... lol.

This was why I said what I said... From that moment, your words of advice became words of Nothing... because I never took that same route with you when people came for your head.

One of the things my parents taught me was to never bow to the pressure of outsiders to label my family and friends by names or terms they want me to. They suggesting names I should call my buddies only mean that I have a duty to find a better and friendlier way to communicate so that I don't end up throwing stones at my friends or family just the same way the outsiders will do.

This is why till date... I never ever took the route of labelling you in harsh terms when correcting your ways with people. And guess what? It always yielded better results because you knew you had a friend in me. A friend who won't bow to what others want me to call you.... but who still found a wise way for telling you truth. And yet I don't think you rude... I only see your harsh words to people as a reactionary mechanism to shut out some voices. I have seen the best of you, Safarigirl and I can safely say you are not rude.. smiley Others may think otherwise... but I know far better. I know you. wink

I stumbled on Nextlevel222's post and I must say I am shocked that someone still remembers how our friendship began. And you misunderstood Nextlevel222... believe me, I don't even know who Nextlevel222 is... never interacted with her (didn't even know the moniker was female). I think she only wanted you to recall that I was always there by your side even when hell let loose on threads in attack of Safarigirl's manner of approach... Bottomline... you know yourself... correcting a friend is not to please others. It is done to build.... honesty is to be handled wisely. I am not a rude person... and I will never be. What happened just happened and I have no cause for regret. because I jabbed only because I was jabbed first... and when comments were being trolled, I didn't find it funny.

Then the

So you calling me such because someone says you should to prove how good a friend you are.... and to a guy who will never do such to you even when faced with same temptation... hmmm.... you really missed it Safarigirl. You really really did. That was why I didn't give a hoot... wink (Believe me I am actually laughing right now.... but it is well) smiley

Chief Icon4s.... I saw your mention... and I know of the attempts to reconcile. Believe me you have no need for that. I love you guys... I really do. I contributed to some of the names you guys have thrown or still throw around the thread like "O pari master", "Pa Ali", "Chief Icon4s" wink , Archguardian, GoodJoe's plank, and more.... Recall that I gave that thread its name along with Sir Terzurum5 himself... I recall it was Sir AIG07 who even suggested that I be giving the honor of naming the thread and more... and I already have names for the post-afcon 2019 era too.

If the majority wants me back... then I have no choice but to return... but I am sorry it cannot be now and I also won't abandon this personal project of mine (I think it can be a good complement to The thread I call Home on NL).

Let this phase pass. And listen up Chief Sir... No one moniker is bigger than a thread like that.... Not Supernerd or whatever.... that thread is special and very dear to my heart. I will be back because I can see I am still welcome there by the majority (many of which are Ghostmode readers) but it cannot be right now. Besides, that thread was always gonna survive without Nerdie (Sir Icon79's coinage if my moniker... just love that name... lol... I miss that guy). You guys and threads were always beautiful before I arrived... so Let no one think that thread is gonna die. Even me won't let that happen... wink (Come on Chief Icon4s... or should I say "Dad"... you should know me better than that..)

Chief Icon4s... we have had our own battles and misunderstandings which also saw the birth of "He is Not there yet" cheesy

But overtime I have come to warm up to you in a father-son relationship... I see you as the thread's wisest force... I respect you a lot. Honestly I do... so no need for the reconciliation... I am not at war with the thread. I just left because I felt things were beginning to get out of hand and that no matter how crazy disagreements became.... one's mother or father was never (to be) brought into the bargain.
I remember when someone tried to stylishly bring in Safarigirl's mom on our thread.... I didn't allow it happen... I stopped it right in its tracks... no insult was given but the mere mention of her mother made me to step in immediately to avert a potential catastrophe (which was not even being noticed by many). And thankfully the gentleman stepped back on the mother mention and found another route to engage....

My main disgust was not in how my mom was insulted... we will always have people who lack cultured discipline attack our parents. It is a given depending on circumstances.

But what irks me was in how nobody... and I mean nobody on the thread I call Family EXCEPT when Safarigirl spoke up... nobody at all shut down that comment. Nobody told that comment off. Only Safarigirl tried to do the best she could.

Even Chrismario was in support of his Friend. Even Mickael2 and a few others dropped very funny comments like "Next time, don't engage if you don't wanna be hit below the belt"... Now is that condemning a silly act or just being bitchy and blind to the crux of the matter....?
So because a guy finally had the guts to insult the mum of someone you don't reckon with or agree with in discussions... You then start blabbing nonsense about "being hit below the belt".

Do anyone think I cannot bring in his mother too.... lol... what are you all thinking sef... makes me laugh. Did you not for once consider that I could choose to get my hands dirty and finish off his whole family... you think I don't know how to? You think I don't know how to swing that sword? cheesy Look... think of it as Superman's way of engagement... He doesn't kill the human enemies... and he won't. That is me... I won't go below the belt... lol... I won't bring in someone's mama... it is a choice and that is part of the difference between me and them.... *Period*

Never knew that is how low Mickael2 can go... but I am a psychological mind also. An analyst of human behaviors. On good authority I can tell you that I understand his problem. smiley wink

Anyone who sees nothing wrong with another person's mother being insulted in the manner it was done and uses the "don't engage if you don't wanna get hit below the belt" on our beautiful thread is someone who represents a kind of Hypocrisy and foolishness that I personally associate with "new doom of behavior".

And hey....Sir BigBlangston... You recall the low-life jabs but you left out the things you said that led to that huh? Be fair and spell it all out... You said you hate me... and that I am a fake... and that I am also Maastricht... remember now? This is why I was a little surprised when you did two things...

1. - In my disagreements with Forgiveness one time... you stepped in and didn't address me. You only addressed Forgiveness. When a moniker confronted you about not making it one-sided.... you wisely said, " I addressed Forgiveness because The other person (TheSupernerd) has since stopped and walked away, but Forgivessness persisted...."

I was surprised. I was like... "wait a minute.. what was that? This guy said he hates me... lol"

Then to confirm my thoughts... the next thing happened...

2. - You quoted my analysis om the team on time after that issue and episode and said something like, "A very detailed and well analysed thought... kudos..." and at another time..you quoted me saying "You will love more of my posting Articles from Colin udoh and the Kwese ESPN sports team"

Believe me... I was wondering why you gave me kudos the first time long after your last mention of me was a hatred message. I only responded with a few words and said... "Why, thank you... but I didn't expect this from you". (Don't know if anyone saw that).

But it is cool... and I also know almost everyone's profession and affiliation... I know that of Sir Joseph1013... Chief Icon4s... Sir Goldfish80 (who I even made the mention of him never ever putting down his professional title as "ordinary"... I know he wanted to sound humble... but I let him know that humility is never talking down on yourself on making yourself seem less... it is rather talking less about yourself).... I also know that of Safarigirl ofcos... and I also know who Komekn is... I have just kept mute about it and acted like a novice.

I also know that of Icon79 and Do4luv14... don't ask me how... words contain messages. wink

And some others also I know... but the Bottomline is...

I see you all as Family online.... I always have and always will. I even call us the best gathering of Nigeria's finest and brainiest in sports analysis and more extending into what we all do offline... so how is it possible that I look down on you all?

The inferiority and Superiority complex talks is really uncalled for... How can I call you guys family and also call our gathering and house the best and finest anywhere online across Nigeria and the "diasporan" clouds...?

About my profession and studies... I recall that I have been asked more times than many about my work and my studies... to which I must try give an answer that does not reveal all but also shows the person that I am not snobbish to his questions.

Sir Tbaba1234 have asked me on two occasions about my studies and whether I was around in Baltimore. I was never gonna reveal that online now was I? But I gave him an answer nonetheless...

Sir Mikron, and also one of the old timers who no longer comments with us (Sir Kenny "something"... can't recall now...) also always ask me about my work and studies... I had to tell them something and as briefly honestly as I could... you see that as ostentatious? Well... that shows the problem is not me but you all who think yourself inferior or think I am trying to make myself bigger than anyone else.

It is really just lame. I couldn't have told Goldfish80 what I told him when he called himself as regards his profession (albeit with humility tones) "ordinary" if truly I was all for superiority complex. Lol

I believe in not looking down on oneself... I believe in telling yourself that you are the best. I believe in the attitude of "I know what I am made of and I will fly to any heights".

This is me. That is why my signature have never ever changed for one day and it never will... I know who I am and I am proud to speak like that and like it. So if anyone got a problem with how much confidence I show in myself... or how much belief I have in my God-given abilities... from all angles of life... then the problem is not from me. It is from you... from the person who misunderstands me.

[i]Apologies for the Epistle.... I think I just had to set more records straight... wink Ofcos I can't set it all straight... There will always be views and perceptions that will keep flying and I cannot address them all.... But what matters is what I think of me and not what anyone thinks. Family knows their own too... that is another that truly matters

On a sidenote....

@Libero808... uhmmm... what are you doing here Miss? You do realise what happened right? You know I have a funny feeling about who you might be but then at other times... I just say, "well... let's carry on... lol" Don't blame me though... Sir Terzurum's thread is home and I came to understand and see a lot of entrances... wink

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ma'am I assure you it is no vile or negative thought... I am a super Curious being so it is only natural that I exhibit such traits sometimes. Plsss pardon my message if it came across as offensive... I mean no harm... loll.. trust you have been good. Sir Joebie did miss you though. The "My Joebie" Exponent. wink

I want to see you more on the home thread Miss. That is my central message. You are part of family there now... I recall Joebie gave you a room directly opposite to Safarigirl.... cheesy and believe me I still have my library there too. wink

libero808:
Sir you are now questioning me why am here? okay noted. Think whatever you want to think about me

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
Exclusive: Belgian, Dutch Clubs Leading Race For Super Eagles New Star Eneji

According to information gathered by allnigeriasoccer.com , Plateau United winger Peter Eneji Moses is attracting huge interest from clubs in Europe.
Eneji's performance at the WAFU Cup of Nations did not go unnoticed, with some unnamed Belgian and Dutch clubs opening a line of communication with his bonafide representatives over a transfer.

Plateau United Technical Director Ahmed Ibrahim has confirmed that he's very certain that the winger will move to Europe soon.

Ahead of his potential transfer to Belgium or the Netherlands, Eneji will return to training at Plateau United on Tuesday, October 3 after he was given one week break following his participation in the WAFU Cup of Nations.

He shares the same intermediary as former VVV Venlo sensation Ahmed Musa and Gent winger Moses Simon.

At the WAFU Cup of Nations, he was involved in six matches, scoring two goals and logging 361 minutes.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : BackpageMedia/FoxSportsAfrica

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24798
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:31pm On Sep 27, 2017
I believe in you too NachoMan.... Got a lot of work but you can get there.... Keep improving and learning from the likes of Vardy, Kane, Griezmann, Lewandoswki, L.Suarez and the best of them all in Messi and CR7... and draw more and more inspiration from African greats like Weah, Eto'o, Yeking, Ikpeba, Drogba and more... and extending it to inspiration from the greatest of them all himself... Pele. Nacho, you got a long way to go buddy... but I believe in your boundless talents and potentials... keep the focus Alien kid

Iheanacho Backed To Start Scoring For Leicester, Wants To Be Africa's Best

Bought for £25m, yet to score or provide an assist in four English Premier League, EPL games, pressure is already mounting on Leicester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho to start delivering for the club he joined this summer.

A breakdown of matches he has played so far this season shows that, he has been used as a substitute in three of his four EPL appearances and played just 105 minutes of a possible 540 minutes in Leicester City’s first six games of the season.

He rose to prominence as an offensive midfielder, in his days with Nigeria's national youth teams, scoring six goals and providing seven assists, which earned him the MVP award at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

Kelechi has since been converted into an out-and-out striker by both club and country.

At a point in his first full season with Manchester City in 2016, Kelechi scored every 96 minutes, a statistic that showed he had the best goals-to-minutes ratio of any player in the EPL history.

His agent and close friend, Kingsley Ogbodo says Kelechi's desire to get more playing time necessitated his move to Leicester City.

He added that, it's just a matter of time before the former Nigeria U-15 team player starts scoring for his new club.

"Leicester City know they've got a goal machine. The injury he sustained in the pre-season friendly game against Borussia Monchengladbach slowed him down,'' Ogbodo said.

"But you can see in the few matches that he has played so far this season that he is getting sharper with each game.

"It's just a matter of time before he starts scoring.''

For Nigeria's senior national team, the Super Eagles, the 20-year-old striker has also made a statement.

His seven goals in eleven appearances for the three-time African champions, has made him a preferred choice upfront, even at the expense of more experienced strikers like, Odion Ighalo, Ahmed Musa, Obafemi Martins and Brown Ideye.

Ogbodo further added that Kelechi's target is to one day be ranked among the best strikers ever to come out of the continent of Africa.

"He is aiming and working to be a great striker in the history of Africa. He wants to be better than Samuel Eto'o, Kanu Nwankwo or even Didier Drogba.

"Always he says to me, ''I still want to learn more, improve my game and be a great player in future'' Ogbodo added.

Kelechi is one of the 23 players Super Eagles Coach Gernot Rohr has called up for next week's important 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying game against Zambia.

**Bunmi Blair

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24794
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nigerian Players P-Index

John Mikel Obi (Tianjin Teda): Played all 90mins in central midfield in A 4-4-2 formation as Teda beat Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng 3-1 in the Chinese Super league.

Mikel had one assist and also had a passing accuracy of 88%.

Whoscored match rating is 7.61.
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nigerian Players P-Index

Victor Moses (Chelsea FC): Played all 90mins as RWB in Chelsea's fearsome 3-4-3 (sometimes read as 3-4-2-1) and gave a very good shift indeed. wink
His team bested the dreaded Altetico Madrid side 2-1 in Spain (the Vincente Calderon... a hard place to visit *modified* It is actually the "Wanda Metropolitano", Atletico's new stadium and stronghold) moments ago with a last minute winner from Batshuayi in a UEFA Champions League Group stage encounter.

Victor Moses had a passing accuracy of 82% and won two key tackles and made two successful dribbles all Game. Also won an aerial duel.

His WhoScored match rating is 6.9 (Chelsea's joint fifth best in the game).

1 Like

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by Icon4s(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
Well, TheSuperNerd, I have read the 'epistle' (as you put it), you have up there. Believe me i read every word.

I am here with a mandate from the good sports family of nairaland particularly the Super Eagles thread.

A lot has been said by virtually everyone including you. No need repeating words.

TheSuperNerd we want you back.

There is the saying that winners never quit and quitters never win.

We all started the thread together and we must all see to the end of it. We will win together.

Gladly everyone has said his or her mind and for this I believe it will fashion out how we interact moving forward.

I am not against the thread you created. I mean this is nairaland and nobody has the monopoly of creating threads. I, for one, have created threads on nairaland but that does not stop me from commenting on our Super Eagles thread.

We hope to qualify for the 2018 WC on October 7th. How will it be that we will be discussing players selection and tactics for the WC and you are left out.
We just need your presence and contributions.

I respect your decision of we giving you some time off. That is fine by us.

Just know we are all ready to embrace you on your return.

cc: Kog45, enomakos, tbaba1234, eterisan, TheGoodJoe, Joseph1013, Safarigirl, Bascovanveli, joebie, forgiveness, confun, terzurum5, komekn, goldfish80, icon79 and all others not mentioned.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
This young man has been getting some strong mentions in my Players P-Index and I only hope he goes on to greater things for club and eventually for Country-Nigeria

Nigerian Defender Junior Pius Udeme Making Inroads At Top Division Portuguese Side Tondela

Former FC Porto B defender Junior Udeme Pius has worked his way into the starting line up of Portuguese side Tondela, the team he joined in the summer from second division Portuguese side Sanjoanense.

Udeme who made 31 appearances for Sanjoanense last season, with four goals to his name from his role as the central defender of his team has played in the last two games for Tondela.

The 21 year old broke into the starting line up for the game against Sporting Braga after distinguishing himself in his first game against League giants Sporting Lisbon, where he was introduced as a substitute in the 31st minute.

His performance in the game against Sporting Lisbon lead to his starting role against Braga, and the defender who can play as a full back or defensive midfielder didn’t dissapoint.

Nicknamed Sergio Ramos by close friend and team-mates he was giving a (WhoScored) rating of 6.5 out of 10 for his performance in the game, and it could also mean an extended stay in the starting line up.

**Daniel Martins.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/nigerian-defender-junior-pius-udeme-making-inroads-at-top-division-portuguese-side-tondela/

1 Like

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
Babayaro Backs Rohr On Decision To Drop Omeruo – He Hasn’t Improve Since 2013

The decision by coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr to drop on loan Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo from the list of players for their upcoming World Cup 2018 Qualifiers clash against Zambia has been backed by Emmanuel Babayaro.

Omeruo was placed on standby by the manager when his list for the Eagles last game against Cameroon was released , but this time around his name was conspicuously missing from the squad entirely.

Rohr appears to have settled for Leon Balogun and William Troost-Ekong as his preferred choice in central defence, while Nantes of France defender Chidozie Awaziem is slowly being groomed as their understudy.

”Rohr is right in dropping Omeruo , he hasn’t improved since 2013. He is still same old Omeruo, and that for now is not good enough for the team of Rohr”, Babayaro told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” The boy from Porto has since moved from the B team to Nantes of France, where he is a regular, now that’s growth. Since Omeruo made his debut for the national team what has changed in his club fortune?.

” Moving to Chelsea is not entirely a bad decision but not knowing when to leave is where the problem lies, and that’s Omeruo’s biggest problem for now. The various times he has been out on loan, he hasn’t quite progress that much”. Babayaro cocluded

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/babayaro-backs-rohr-on-decision-to-drop-omeruo-he-hasnt-improve-since-2013/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2017
Exclusive – Trencin Favourite To Sign Nigeria WAFU Cup Star Eneji Ahead Of Dukla-Praha

Reports gathered by the editorial team of Owngoalnigeria.com has it that Plateau United left footed forward Peter Moses Eneji is close to sealing a switch to Slovakian side AS Trencin.

Eneji was one of the stars of the Nigerian team at the recently concluded WAFU Cup where the B team of the senior national team of Nigeria finished as runners up after losing 1-4 to host Ghana in the final.

The forward who was pivotal in Plateau United lifting the Nigeria Professional League title was also linked with Czech Republic side Dukla Praha, but Trencin are now favourite to sign the 20 year old.

Bar any last minute hiccup, he is expected to have his medical with the team when he resumes from the break he was given by his team, due to his participation in the WAFU Cup.

Twice voted as man of the match during the course of the WAFU Cup, he was also named in the official team of the tournament by the Technical Committee of the West Africa football body.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/27/exclusive-trencin-favourite-to-sign-nigeria-wafu-cup-star-eneji-ahead-of-dukla-praha/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
ACHEAMPONG, MIKEL SHINE IN TIANJIN TEDA'S WIN
By Gbenga Adewoye

The African duo were crucial as the Tianjin Tigers secured their fifth triumph in the Chinese topflight this term to move out of the drop zone

Frank Acheampong and Mikel Obi put up impressive displays to help Tianjin Teda to a 3-1 victory over Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng in a Chinese Super League encounter on Wednesday.

The Ghana international scored a goal while Nigeria captain, Mikel delivered an assist that helped kill off any intention of a comeback from Gregorio Manzano’s men.

Mbaye Diagne opened scoring for the Uli Stielike’s side from the penalty spot in the 61st minutes with Acheampong doubling the lead.

Nikica Jelavic reduced the deficit in the 85th minute and Liyu Yang sealed the victory with two minutes left to play after being fed by Mikel.

The result takes the Tianjin Tigers out of the relegation zone to 14th spot having garnered 22 points from 26 games.

In their next league encounter, they travel to Hongkou Football Stadium for a date with Obafemi Martins' Shanghai Shenhua on Sunday.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/mikel-obi-shines-in-tianjin-teda-victory-over-guizhou/12o3u9ojl30j516w0wrcrfu90h
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
Iwobi Out Of Arsenal’s Europa League Match, Doubtful For Zambia Clash
By David Meshioye

Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr may once again be forced to
recall one of his standby players after it was revealed that Alex Iwobi is struggling with a muscle strain.
Nigeria face Zambia in a key World Cup qualifier in Uyo on October 7.
Standard Sport reported on Wednesday that Iwobi did not train on Wednesday and did not travel with the Arsenal squad that will face Bate Borisov in Thursday night’s UEFA Europa League tie.

Iwobi was injured and missed Nigeria’s World Cup qualifiers against Cameroon in early September with Aaron Samuel drafted in to replace the Arsenal star who scored in the reverse fixture in Ndola.

The same injury has returned and Iwobi no faces a race to be fit for next week’s World Cup qualifiers against Zambia in which a win will guarantee the Super Eagles a place in Russia.

Nigeria lead African qualifying Group B with 10 points to Zambia’s seven, while Algeria and Cameroon are out of the race.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iwobi-doubtful-arsenal-zambia-clash/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
Three Nigerians, Four Ghanaians Make WAFU Cup Best XI
By James Agberebi

Nigeria’s home-based Super Eagles trio Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Osas Okoro and Afeez Aremu have been named in the 2017 West Africa Football Union (WAFU) Cup of Nations Team of the Tournament.

The Team of the Tournament was released by the 2017 WAFU Cup of Nations Technical Study Group and was published on the competition’s official website on Wednesday.

The inclusion of the three home-based Eagles stars was as a result of their impressive performance for the team who eventually lost 4-1 to hosts Ghana in the final on Sunday.
Aside from being named in the Team of the Tournament, Ezenwa was voted Goalkeeper of the tournament.

The other players who made the list include Ghana’s quartet Thomas Abbey, Isaac Twum, Winful Cobbinah and Stephen Sarfo, Benin Republic’s Charbel Gomez, Victorien Adebayor of Niger Republic, Conde Animata from Guinea and Ablaye Diene of Senegal.

Meanwhile, Chima Akas and Adeleye Olamilekan were included in the seven-man substitute list.

Others are Niger Republic’s trio Daouda Yussif, Souleymane Sakou and Boubacar Haini, Mali’s Abdoulaye Camara and Hortalian Ble Zadi of Cote d’Ivoire.

2017 WAFU Cup Best Eleven:

Goalkeeper
Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Nigeria)

Defenders
Osas Okoro (Nigeria)
Ablaye Diene (Cote d’Ivoire)
Conde Animata (Guinea)
Thomas Abbey (Ghana)

Midfielders
Charbel Gomez (Benin Republic)
Isaac Twum (Ghana)
Afeez Aremu (Nigeria)
Victorien Adebayor (Niger Republic)

Strikers
Winful Cobbinah (Ghana)
Stephen Sarfo (Ghana)

Substitutes:

Chima Akas (Nigeria)

Adeleye Olamilekan (Nigeria)

Daouda Yussif (Niger Republic)

Abdoulaye Camara (Mali)

Hortalian Ble Zadi (Cote d’Ivoire)

Souleymane Sakou (Niger Republic)

Boubacar Haini (Niger Republic)

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/three-nigerians-make-wafu-best-xi/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
Thank You Sir Mynd44 and Madam Dominique for all the times I disturb you guys about the Antispambots.... thanks for always and always heeding my calls. God bless you both. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (32) (Reply)

5 Records Cristiano Ronaldo Broke After Champions League Final / Oluremi Tinubu Receives D'Tigress (Pictures). / Kwara United Unveil Ribeiro Alves Lucas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 260
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.