Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? (2258 Views)

Burial Photos Of Buba Umar Jibril, Late Reps Deputy Majority Leader / Dino Melaye On Condolence Visit To Umar Jibril's Family In Abuja (Photos) / NGO Bill By Umar Jibril: Shehu Sani Vows To Fight Against Controversial Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by todaynewsreview: 11:00am On Sep 25, 2017
It's no longer news that eminent Nigerians have been kicking against the the controversial NGO Bill said to be sponsored by Umar Jibril for trying to gang-raped non-Governmental Organisations. One area that many has not been talking about is the inclusion of churches in that said bill and excluding mosques in a secular States like Nigeria in a bill said to be sponsored by a Muslim.

From all indications, this seems to be one sided bill targeted at the church. Why group only churches in the said bill if you are not a Christian sponsoring such a bill in the first place? Many will definitely see this bill as a plan cowed Christians and an attempt to heat up the volatile religious intolerance climate of the Country. It is believe that well meaning Nigerians will call whosoever the sponsor of that bill to order before even the presentation of same to the Senate to avoid another round of religious 'war'.

Thanks.

Concerned Nigerian.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Aegon(m): 11:16am On Sep 25, 2017
The bill is targeted at Churches. The Islamization of Nigeria cannot be achieved without curtailing Christianity against church growth and subtly criminalizing evangelism. Buhari is working openly and within seriously for the full implementation of sharia as he once promised. This is THE AGENDA.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by FeloniousFelon: 11:19am On Sep 25, 2017
Dhimmis can not build or repair churches in an Islamic state
Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by aolawale025: 11:25am On Sep 25, 2017
I don't see why churches should be listed. Even if NGOs need to be regulated, an existing government department or agency can do that. Why a new one?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by FeloniousFelon: 11:28am On Sep 25, 2017
aolawale025:
I don't see why churches should be listed. Even if NGOs need to be regulated, an existing government department or agency can do that. Why a new one?

All those Muslim NGOs that are used to launder money for jihadist groups all over the world is who needs to be regulated.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Goke7: 11:31am On Sep 25, 2017
don't we have Christians in the national assembly? what are they there for?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by MyNewJackeT: 11:52am On Sep 25, 2017
Goke7:

The question you should be asking is what is Osinbade doing there?

where is your G.O when you need him.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by todaynewsreview: 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
MyNewJackeT:

Pa Adeboye, Oyedepo, Suleiman and CAN better speak up now please.
Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Ogonimilitant(m): 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
Yoruba Christians are too weak

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by IJOBA2: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
Goke7:
ALCATRAZ005 COLONELDRAKE COME AND SEE DANLADI7 THE CHRISTIAN WANNABEsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by expialidocious: 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
I've known this for a while... This nation is not secular, contrary to popular belief. This is an I$lamic Reppubblicc

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Goke7: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
MyNewJackeT:

is the vp a member of the national assembly? pls comment like an educated person

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by MyNewJackeT: 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
Goke7:

is the vp a member of the national assembly? pls comment like an educated person

why did you reply an uneducated person.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by shallysgirl: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
Is it weak or compromised?
Ogonimilitant:
Yoruba Christians are too weak
Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
Watch how Politically correct Christians will come here to attack you. I asked same question on that thread. What's the point of writing etc., at the end of that line. Why churches? Why not use Religious organizations?

Watch how they come attack you. Politically correct Christians who have no clue how a certain religion operates or their goal in this world. Nigerian Christians are too docile to see even evident rape. I know how these things work.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by KevinDein: 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Watch how Politically correct Christians will come here to attack you. I asked same question on that thread. What's the point of writing etc., at the end of that line. Why churches? Why not use Religious organizations?

Watch how they come attack you. Politically correct Christians who have no clue how a certain religion operates or their goal in this world. Nigerian Christians are too docile to see even evident rape. I know how these things work.

"Politically correct Christians"
By that I guess you mean those who don't blindly hate people of other religions and are not quick to agreeing with the laughable conspiracy theories and lies that CAN peddles.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by HajimeSaito(m): 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
The followers of the illiterate Sex Award Winner ( S.A.W ) fake " prophet " M for MUMU never cease to amaze me

With all their problems like poverty, illiteracy, disease etc, they can muster up energy to sponsor a bill that is dead on arrival.
No problem. I've already started showing my hard side to the mudslime beggars who gather outside my church on Sunday morning after service and they are wondering how they offended me.
My next step will be to set my dogs on them. It seems mudslimes only learn when they get a taste of their own medicine.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Voice234: 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
Let me grab a chair
Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Nutase: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
Nigeria for Allah
Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Omeokachie: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
Has he done anything different from what Buhari has been doing with Nigeria?

Double standard is the hallmark of this APC government.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Asidy(m): 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
*Proudly Aboki!*

WHAT IS ALL THE RHETORICS ABOUT THE ABOKIS:

Aboki only writes and speaks English under duress because Aboki already has a matured, developed language to speak and to write. Aboki has had a civilised administrative system before the whites ever thought of coming. Aboki wore clothes at a time when the "noisy neighbors" were roaming around naked! Aboki established the "biggest", most sophisticated empire in west Africa as far back as the 18th century. Aboki, just like the English, French, Chinese could read and write in his own language as far back as the 14th century. The architectural masterpiece of the Aboki was therefore​ everyone as far back as 1423. Aboki was never enslaved, nor sold to slavery or chained like an animal by any European or Caucasian race! The Aboki people are the largest and most spread people in west Africa! Aboki's language is most widely spoken language in west Africa, third most in Africa! Aboki's language is so important that the British, American, German, French, and Chinese broadcasting all have it's service being aired! Aboki was the richest in the 50's (Alhassan Dantata), richest in the 80's (Maideribe), and richest in the 21st century (Dangote). And these were what the whites observed before they decided bequeathing "ruling power" to the Aboki when they were leaving.

_*Copy and share if you are proud being an Aboki.*_

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by ThundrCork(m): 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
Corruption in NGO's is far worse than goverment

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by todaynewsreview: 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
ThundrCork:
Corruption in NGO's is far worse than goverment
This thread is not for NGO corruption bro but the inclusion of only Churches by a Muslim sponsored bill. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
todaynewsreview:

Pa Adeboye, Oyedepo, Suleiman and CAN better speak up now please.
Suleman should speak so that they will hit him with another scandal right? Otoborism is fresh in the memories of most Nigerians.
Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by ThundrCork(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
todaynewsreview:

This thread is not for NGO corruption bro but the inclusion of only Churches by a Muslim sponsored bill. Thanks.

Are you running an NGO or Church? as if you didn't see etc at the end you sound pained

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by todaynewsreview: 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
ThundrCork:

Are you running an NGO or Church? as if you didn't see etc at the end you sound pained

I am a Christian who Christ Jesus died for that I may be saved. That "etc." is just a ploy to deceive/fool some but definitely not all bro. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by vedaxcool(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
OP is spreading lies to the lazy and gullible:

statement by the house leader read in part: "Religious bodies and organisations are not NGOs. Our quasi-financial institutions at local levels are not NGOs! These organisations have existed for centuries to serve businesses and commerce of our market women and traders,” he said.

“However, recent developments have shown that some people registered NGOs, solicited for funds and disappeared. That happened recently in the north-east. Some NGOs are used to fund the activities of terrorist and insurgents.

he NGO bill, therefore, is primarily to set up a commission to regulate their activities and provide a platform for robust relationships between them and the government for the interests of Nigerians.

“In addition, it is to ensure transparency and accountability in the ways and manners the NGOs collect monies and use them for Nigerians. Finally, the way the NGOs are reacting to this wonderful and well-packaged bill, particularly SERAP is not only shameful but condemnable.

“The Nigerian parliament is an institution governed by rules and traditions. When a bill is for public hearing you go there and present your views like other interested Nigerians and invited corporate bodies and government agencies for the standing committee to do justice to the bill. Period.

“Going on cheap propaganda and blackmail and even calling on world bodies including the United Nation to help you withdraw a bill from our national assembly will not help you.”

https://www.naij.com/1126663-ngo-regulation-bill-interest-nigerians-umar-jibril.html

Why would the op lie and create false tales to decieve the lazy and gullible?
Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
IJOBA2:
ALCATRAZ005 COLONELDRAKE COME AND SEE DANLADI7 THE CHRISTIAN WANNABEsmiley

if i talk now, they would say i want to divide yorubas along religious lines. I am really tired and sad sad embarassed

it is so glaring that they want to islamise the country but why do they need christians in their islamic dream? If christians want to go, they shoot and maim them. Please, i want to ask all muslims under the effect of my post, why do you need to islamise christians in this country, Nigeria? Cant muslims carve out there own corner/region in Nigeria?

I blame pastor Adeboye for all these troubles. I maintain that and stick by it.

I am just tired jareee. Make them continue the islamisation since millions of christians are sleeping. embarassed undecided angry
Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
vedaxcool:
OP is spreading lies to the lazy and gullible:

statement by the house leader read in part: "Religious bodies and organisations are not NGOs. Our quasi-financial institutions at local levels are not NGOs! These organisations have existed for centuries to serve businesses and commerce of our market women and traders,” he said.

“However, recent developments have shown that some people registered NGOs, solicited for funds and disappeared. That happened recently in the north-east. Some NGOs are used to fund the activities of terrorist and insurgents.

he NGO bill, therefore, is primarily to set up a commission to regulate their activities and provide a platform for robust relationships between them and the government for the interests of Nigerians.

“In addition, it is to ensure transparency and accountability in the ways and manners the NGOs collect monies and use them for Nigerians. Finally, the way the NGOs are reacting to this wonderful and well-packaged bill, particularly SERAP is not only shameful but condemnable.

“[s]The Nigerian parliament is an institution governed by rules and traditions. When a bill is for public hearing you go there and present your views like other interested Nigerians and invited corporate bodies and government agencies for the standing committee to do justice to the bill. Period.

“Going on cheap propaganda and blackmail and even calling on world bodies including the United Nation to help you withdraw a bill from our national assembly will not help you.”

https://www.naij.com/1126663-ngo-regulation-bill-interest-nigerians-umar-jibril.html

Why would the op lie and create false tales to decieve the lazy and gullible?[/s]

you are muslim so your opinion doesnt count!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
HajimeSaito:
The followers of the illiterate Sex Award Winner ( S.A.W ) fake " prophet " M for MUMU never cease to amaze me

With all their problems like poverty, illiteracy, disease etc, they can muster up energy to sponsor a bill that is dead on arrival.
No problem. I've already started showing my hard side to the mudslime beggars who gather outside my church on Sunday morning after service and they are wondering how they offended me.
My next step will be to set my dogs on them. It seems mudslimes only learn when they get a taste of their own medicine.

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by vedaxcool(m): 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
[s]
Alcatraz005:

you are muslim so your opinion doesnt count!
[/s]

Cownu is calling you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

I have shouted myself hoarse and i am tired. Cant christians see their plans? I blame the RCCG General Overseer and the V.P for all these. We made the 2015 mistake because of them and they are now quiet. embarassed angry sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Letter: Before You Stone Buhari,please Read This! / Concentrate On Your Brexit Deadlock - Apc Slams Uk, Us, Eu, Others / Presidency Dissolves Newly Inaugurated NDDC Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.